Old 09-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #106  
IP Start 9/5/12

S/C/G: 195/167/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
June 7/12 -. Had my first consultation at our IP clinic weighing 202.4 lbs. - didn't think I could do IP, but I was gonna try. I pigged out all day cause "hey, tomorrow i'm starting another diet."
Sept 21/12 - I weigh 156 lbs. I'm sitting here crying and shaking cause I can't believe it. In 106 days I have lost 46.4 lbs. AMAZING!
The most important thing is that "healthwise" I feel like an entirely different person. I sleep like a baby (ok, when i'm not peeing) , acid relux GONE, restless legs GONE, sore feet GONE, aching legs GONE, digestion issues GONE, high blood pressure GONE, Eczema GONE, migraines GONE & my head feels so clear I didn't realize how "foggy" I was. WOW!!!!!
I could never thank all of you enough. This forum is my 24 hr help line.
Woo Hoo That is awesome. You are about the same height weight as me. So encouraging to hear this, I'm following in your foot steps!!
Twindy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #107  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

WUV - thanks for that info! I was wondering if the base/acid thing was also part of the IP formula. That makes sense why some things that *seem* like they should be ok on the diet if you just look at carbs/calories/fat, really AREN'T because of the pH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmheart View Post
Feeling frustrated with DH. He wants me to "just take raspberry ketones" like a friend's wife is doing. He just doesn't get that even IF it worked that it would teach me NOTHING about how to eat for the rest of my life. There is no magic pill, no magic exersize plan that is going to make the weight go away and stay away if I still eat the way I did to gain the weight in the first place! Sometimes I just don't get how his brain works! I can't seam to say this in a way that gets through his thick skull! Thanks, I feel better now.
Oy. Well the important thing is that YOU know the score, and you will do great because you understand that IP is bigger than just the ketones or the calories

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieBaby41 View Post
Um, okay. Wow! That's a HUGE difference. (To me anyway) So then on alternatives, when you get to where you'd be Phase 2, 3, 4 ... what do you do? The teachings in those three phases are really what's drawn me to IP because no one's ever taught me how to do that. It's always been "lose weight" but no one's ever told me the "then what?" part.
Honestly, I plan on relying on the smart folks here The sheets for all of the phases are in the Newbies thread. There are tons of folks on maintenance and going thru the phases to get advice/info from. I found I was learning more on my own here than my coach was giving me - and I am pretty good about staying accountable to myself. Some people NEED that coach, in which case it makes more sense to stay with a clinic. It depends on which category you personally fall into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
I got adventuresome today and finally made kale chips - WHAT TOOK ME SO LONG??? So glad I did. On another note though, I wanted to make jicama chips but I didn't see jicama on the list of approved veggies - it's okay for phase 1, right?
It's on the newest IP phase 1 sheet released in May of this year as an approved veggie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceswan View Post
Been on IP for 4 weeks now, with a 3 week cleanse before and have lost 25 lbs so far. Went to a training today and they fed us. Was a little worried about it but I brought a bar and figured they would have veggies or salad. Get to the table and right in front of each setting is a turtle cheesecake! I did not eat it though, and I am so proud of myself. I think the best thing about IP is that it has given me willpower.
Great job!!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #108  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
I got adventuresome today and finally made kale chips - WHAT TOOK ME SO LONG??? So glad I did. On another note though, I wanted to make jicama chips but I didn't see jicama on the list of approved veggies - it's okay for phase 1, right?
The latest IP sheet has jicama added. Here is a link to it. Check out some of rainbow's jicama recipes.

http://www.idealtogo.com/Library/Fase%201%20-%20ITG.pdf

Molly
WingnutandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:07 PM   #109  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Howdy IPeeps...on the road to San Antonio for my 20th high school reunion..posting from my phone, so apologies. I have a baggie of zuke chips, jicama shreds, and some bars & drinks, nothing compared to Rainbows travel bag, but i should have road snacks covered.
Have a great time, Liz. You'll be beautiful!
Beck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 130/123/115

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I can understand your delima for sure, this is what I was given when I first started IP 71 weeks ago......
WHY IS DIET SODA DISCOURAGED DURING IDEAL PROTEIN DIET? Very interesting insights from the "Ideal Protein Nova Blog". There is a science behind why this diet works and the things you can do to take best advantage of it. All diet drinks (i.e. sugar-free, carb-free) are NOT recommended on the diet. The problem that can arise is imbalances in acid/base regulation. The protocol is very alkaline and this is why we do not see complications common to other "protein type diets." Some diet drinks (Crystal Light for example) are mixed with water and these are acceptable. Many others (flavored Aqua-fina, Dasani, etc.) contain a lot of phosphoric acid. This is a very strong acid and will play havoc with the body's bicarbonate buffering system. This goes for diet soda's too, particularly the brown ones. Flavored seltzers are usually OK, just read the label and make sure it is carb-free and contains no phosphoric acid. This protocol provides so many health benefits besides weight loss, it would be a shame to compromise some of the benefits by consuming these products. Also- remember, an extra cup of water for every coffee you drink! So what CAN you drink? Drink unsweetened Herbal Tea. Add 2 bags to a large pitcher (1.5 liter) or container and seep for about 10 minutes. Use a funnel to pour into an empty 1.5 liter plastic soda bottle. I usually make 3-4 batches in one night of different flavours, so there is a wide variety of choice throughout the week. It also helps you crave drinking more. ‎1. "Aspartame" is the sweetener which Ideal Protein recommends cutting out from your other foods. The reason why is that your body can react to it like sugar, spiking your insulin. (at a certain amount.) So Crystal Light (made with nutri sweet) is not recommended. There is something in the US/Canada called MIO which you add to water which is recommended. 2. Cascade Ice wont work because there are fruit juices in it (Pear Juice concentrate). ‎3. Yes, you can add Stevia, Splenda, Truvia or other approved sweeteners to your tea. However, note that the sweeteners do have carbs in them and are not "free". Adding one packet (like a coffee sweetener size) to 1.5 liters of iced herbal tea is usually enough to sweeten it without worry. However, i drink the iced herbal teas with no sweetener and dont miss it. ‎4. Carbonation is not the problem... you can have sparkling water. However, some find that cutting out all carbonation helps with bloating/gas

Arrgh!!!!, my coach said Desani flavored water is fine.."just cut it with reg water" and that crystal light is ok in very limited amount. SO frustrating!
bsaad23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:15 PM   #111  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaad23 View Post
Arrgh!!!!, my coach said Desani flavored water is fine.."just cut it with reg water" and that crystal light is ok in very limited amount. SO frustrating!
every coach is different, I am a coach, I know....lol...just keep in mine when you have the things with small amounts of carbs that those end up adding up to a lot in your day. When I use the Flavored stuff I use it for a "treat" not in my 64 ozs. I might have a glass with dinner or something like that. Most of my water is regular, but that is just me
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Mommahen you can have Propel
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Nice updated pictures, Molly! You've made fantastic changes!
locopollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #114  

Quote:
I'm sure someone out there has done a cost comparison. I'm loving IP and the results I'm getting, but the cost is killing me.
i love it too! I'm planning on supplementing with some alternatives and staying with the clinic. I also recently purchased 10 boxes for $5 less per box on a website

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedamberly View Post
Happy Friday all! Enjoying a beautiful northern Wisconsin fall day here. Wondering if my husband has anything in the works for our anniversary tomorrow. 5 years fly by- it bothers me to think that in those 5 years I have gained so much weight. Next year I resolve to be smokin hot!
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Happy anniversary! We had our 5th in July and I felt the same way...bothers me how much weight I gained in those 5 years. Now I'm 20% to my goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CortneyMarie622 View Post
Quick question... IP must be counting Net Carbs, no? I ask because I started putting all my food into myfitnesspal because I was curious and wanted to look for trends and some days I have 65-70 total carbs and am 100% OP. I have read that we should not have more than 40-50
I asked my coach yesterday & she said net. But we don't have to count b/c the protocol does it for us!

Quote:
Um, okay. Wow! That's a HUGE difference. (To me anyway) So then on alternatives, when you get to where you'd be Phase 2, 3, 4 ... what do you do? The teachings in those three phases are really what's drawn me to IP because no one's ever taught me how to do that. It's always been "lose weight" but no one's ever told me the "then what?" part.
Me too Angie. I know how to lose it but not keep it off. I'm sticking with the clinic but just supplementing with alternatives a little. Everyone needs to do what works for them, however.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:32 PM   #115  

Height: 5'4"

Really struggling today. It seems like the closer I get, the more lax I am getting. I am going to refocus this weekend, prepare purees, cut veggies and get my brain in gear. I am getting so many compliments on a regular basis that I am afraid it is going to make me become over confident and not as strict as I have been. I know hormones are playing a role so hopefully in a day or 2 that will be over and I can get my head clear. I did convince 2 people to join IP. I am worried about 1. He is 18 and 300+ pounds. I hope he has the determination to get through...
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:09 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 149/131/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning to fly View Post
Haha That is a nightmare indeed! It's funny when you mentioned the dream, I remembered I had a dream last night too: I was eating food of my plate, and I looked away and when I looked back, the food was in fact garbage, not food. I mean literally, rotted gross things on the plate, and I was all disgusted and scraped it off into the garbage can. I find this dream last night really interesting, because today was going to be my first day OP!! I mean, it IS my first day - had my crunchy cereal and 2 pills, and waiting to see what the rest of the day will be like.
I have dreams about food and I wake up and hope my body realizes it was only a dream and I really did not eat what I was dreaming about.
Samkatmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:13 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 149/131/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyxmom View Post
I live in the half of th state that's covered in smoke. Would love to have some of that Seattle drizzle to wash the air.
I woke up to the smell of smoke in the house. When the sun rose it looked like we were fogged in but it was smoke. Bleh. The air quality was "very unhealthy" today making it miserable to even walk from my car to my office.
Samkatmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:09 AM   #118  

Onyxmom I'm sending you some rain!
Echo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Really struggling today. It seems like the closer I get, the more lax I am getting. I am going to refocus this weekend, prepare purees, cut veggies and get my brain in gear. I am getting so many compliments on a regular basis that I am afraid it is going to make me become over confident and not as strict as I have been. I know hormones are playing a role so hopefully in a day or 2 that will be over and I can get my head clear. I did convince 2 people to join IP. I am worried about 1. He is 18 and 300+ pounds. I hope he has the determination to get through...
Hey, hang in there. You're doing great and you know what you've got to do to get this in the bag. Let the compliments give you fuel to get to your goal rather than an excuse to settle. It's great that you're thinking being realistic about what's going to make it difficult... Now think about how you can respond.

Or give it a day or two and think about it then. If youre anything like me rational is impossible in times of high hormones. just hang in there, you're doing great!

Last edited by djs06; 09-22-2012 at 09:47 AM.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
I struggle somedays too. I have found that I keep my determination on the fact that I am too cheap to keep paying so much and not participating 100%. It helps me stay focused. In nine weeks I ate 1 (ONE) item not OP because I am cheap (LOL) not because I didn't want the other stuff!

You are doing a great job! Find your currency to keep motivated...you are very close to your second goal, you want your health to improve, you bought a cute outfit too small, or like me you don't like to waste the money on something you are not following 100%.

Have a great OP day!
rofl306 is offline   Reply With Quote