Old 09-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
June 7/12 -. Had my first consultation at our IP clinic weighing 202.4 lbs. - didn't think I could do IP, but I was gonna try. I pigged out all day cause "hey, tomorrow i'm starting another diet."
Sept 21/12 - I weigh 156 lbs. I'm sitting here crying and shaking cause I can't believe it. In 106 days I have lost 46.4 lbs. AMAZING!
The most important thing is that "healthwise" I feel like an entirely different person. I sleep like a baby (ok, when i'm not peeing) , acid relux GONE, restless legs GONE, sore feet GONE, aching legs GONE, digestion issues GONE, high blood pressure GONE, Eczema GONE, migraines GONE & my head feels so clear I didn't realize how "foggy" I was. WOW!!!!!
I could never thank all of you enough. This forum is my 24 hr help line.
Congratulations! I love hearing success stories like this! Enjoy the feeling!
Karen71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 150/134/115

Height: 5'1

Good Day Buddies...

So excited for the weekend! I am finding week 2 a lot harder than week 1. I am hungry all the time...hopefully this will pass.

Quick question... IP must be counting Net Carbs, no? I ask because I started putting all my food into myfitnesspal because I was curious and wanted to look for trends and some days I have 65-70 total carbs and am 100% OP. I have read that we should not have more than 40-50
CortneyMarie622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:16 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 150/134/115

Height: 5'1

Quote:
June 7/12 -. Had my first consultation at our IP clinic weighing 202.4 lbs. - didn't think I could do IP, but I was gonna try. I pigged out all day cause "hey, tomorrow i'm starting another diet."
Sept 21/12 - I weigh 156 lbs. I'm sitting here crying and shaking cause I can't believe it. In 106 days I have lost 46.4 lbs. AMAZING!
The most important thing is that "healthwise" I feel like an entirely different person. I sleep like a baby (ok, when i'm not peeing) , acid relux GONE, restless legs GONE, sore feet GONE, aching legs GONE, digestion issues GONE, high blood pressure GONE, Eczema GONE, migraines GONE & my head feels so clear I didn't realize how "foggy" I was. WOW!!!!!
I love this...it brought tears to my eyes...thanks for sharing
CortneyMarie622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #79  
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12

S/C/G: W200/169/145

Height: 5'5"/44yo

Howdy IPeeps...on the road to San Antonio for my 20th high school reunion..posting from my phone, so apologies. I have a baggie of zuke chips, jicama shreds, and some bars & drinks, nothing compared to Rainbows travel bag, but i should have road snacks covered.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by CortneyMarie622 View Post
Good Day Buddies...

So excited for the weekend! I am finding week 2 a lot harder than week 1. I am hungry all the time...hopefully this will pass.

Quick question... IP must be counting Net Carbs, no? I ask because I started putting all my food into myfitnesspal because I was curious and wanted to look for trends and some days I have 65-70 total carbs and am 100% OP. I have read that we should not have more than 40-50
That's a good question... Hm... I don't know the answer but I feel like we should be having 20 carbs a day from the actual IP foods. Real food I have no idea. There's really no such thing as a low-carb steak. Just lean or extra lean...hmm...
EmilySebetka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #81  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if you were retaining a bit of water. Fat cells store estrogen which is released when we lose weight. Add to that the hormones from the BCP and it's totally possible that you are holding onto water, similar to when TOM arrives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl306 View Post
I agree that it could make you retain fluid.

I do this all the time since TOM makes me very sick. I love the lifestyle but I also find that this diet crashes through and TOM happens anyway (but I'm not as sick).

I don't see the fluctuations in my losses that I see on other peoples charts so I would assume that is because of taking the pill steady.
Thanks ladies. I just did the push on your shin test and I had a dent so could be fluid retention. Any remedies? I guess I'll put up with it to avoid Mr TOM for the wedding!

Quote:
That's great! I thought about starting a thread asking what ailments have dissappeared for people since IP. It sounds like a few!

Quote:
Good Day Buddies...

I have just followed the sheet, eat mainly select veggies and a few restricted a week. It has worked for me!
Beck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #82  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

yes net carbs.....its 30-50 carbs total a day but we don't count anything cuz its already all figured out for us....just follow the sheet. The combination of any of the items on the sheet is the perfect meal for us that is why its on the sheet!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 09-21-2012 at 03:28 PM.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:36 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
you said your hubby still drinks the Diet soda's have y'all every read the article as to why its not allowed on IP?
I have not seen the article related to IP, but he knows all about the dangers of drinking the diet soda and why he shouldn't. He literally went from drinking 6-8 20oz bottles a day to 2 and told me last night he is working on getting down to one. He talked at length with our coach about it and decided that cutting down and eventually off would be a better choice where he might have better long term success than quitting such a huge caffeine habit cold turkey at the same time of starting such a huge change in diet. He is not a coffee or tea drinker either, so cutting it out completely in the first week might have been too much for him. He is hoping to be "weaned" off of it within the nest few weeks.

On a side note...my husband used to chew, started when he was 9 years old...quite a long and bad habit. He quit a few years back and no only uses the fake stuff. My fear of him cutting out the soda cold turkey is that he would go right back to chewing real tobacco. So I think the soda is the lesser of two evils at this point. But I would love to share with him any other info you have..it might just help him keep moving in the right direction.
MommaHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #84  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Howdy IPeeps...on the road to San Antonio for my 20th high school reunion..posting from my phone, so apologies. I have a baggie of zuke chips, jicama shreds, and some bars & drinks, nothing compared to Rainbows travel bag, but i should have road snacks covered.
Love your before and afters .... You're gonna rock at that reunion
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #85  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post
I have not seen the article related to IP, but he knows all about the dangers of drinking the diet soda and why he shouldn't. He literally went from drinking 6-8 20oz bottles a day to 2 and told me last night he is working on getting down to one. He talked at length with our coach about it and decided that cutting down and eventually off would be a better choice where he might have better long term success than quitting such a huge caffeine habit cold turkey at the same time of starting such a huge change in diet. He is not a coffee or tea drinker either, so cutting it out completely in the first week might have been too much for him. He is hoping to be "weaned" off of it within the nest few weeks.

On a side note...my husband used to chew, started when he was 9 years old...quite a long and bad habit. He quit a few years back and no only uses the fake stuff. My fear of him cutting out the soda cold turkey is that he would go right back to chewing real tobacco. So I think the soda is the lesser of two evils at this point. But I would love to share with him any other info you have..it might just help him keep moving in the right direction.
I can understand your delima for sure, this is what I was given when I first started IP 71 weeks ago......
WHY IS DIET SODA DISCOURAGED DURING IDEAL PROTEIN DIET? Very interesting insights from the "Ideal Protein Nova Blog". There is a science behind why this diet works and the things you can do to take best advantage of it. All diet drinks (i.e. sugar-free, carb-free) are NOT recommended on the diet. The problem that can arise is imbalances in acid/base regulation. The protocol is very alkaline and this is why we do not see complications common to other "protein type diets." Some diet drinks (Crystal Light for example) are mixed with water and these are acceptable. Many others (flavored Aqua-fina, Dasani, etc.) contain a lot of phosphoric acid. This is a very strong acid and will play havoc with the body's bicarbonate buffering system. This goes for diet soda's too, particularly the brown ones. Flavored seltzers are usually OK, just read the label and make sure it is carb-free and contains no phosphoric acid. This protocol provides so many health benefits besides weight loss, it would be a shame to compromise some of the benefits by consuming these products. Also- remember, an extra cup of water for every coffee you drink! So what CAN you drink? Drink unsweetened Herbal Tea. Add 2 bags to a large pitcher (1.5 liter) or container and seep for about 10 minutes. Use a funnel to pour into an empty 1.5 liter plastic soda bottle. I usually make 3-4 batches in one night of different flavours, so there is a wide variety of choice throughout the week. It also helps you crave drinking more. ‎1. "Aspartame" is the sweetener which Ideal Protein recommends cutting out from your other foods. The reason why is that your body can react to it like sugar, spiking your insulin. (at a certain amount.) So Crystal Light (made with nutri sweet) is not recommended. There is something in the US/Canada called MIO which you add to water which is recommended. 2. Cascade Ice wont work because there are fruit juices in it (Pear Juice concentrate). ‎3. Yes, you can add Stevia, Splenda, Truvia or other approved sweeteners to your tea. However, note that the sweeteners do have carbs in them and are not "free". Adding one packet (like a coffee sweetener size) to 1.5 liters of iced herbal tea is usually enough to sweeten it without worry. However, i drink the iced herbal teas with no sweetener and dont miss it. ‎4. Carbonation is not the problem... you can have sparkling water. However, some find that cutting out all carbonation helps with bloating/gas
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #86  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Good Day Buddies...

I am starting week 4 and for me week 2 was harder than week 1. It really does get better soon. I feel great now and have so much more energy to play with my kids and get a lot of things that I have been putting off done.

Quote:
Your before and after pictures are awesome! Congratulations!
blessedamberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #87  

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You have done sooo well!!! What an awesome feeling!!!

Quote:
Knock em dead sexy!!!!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #88  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

Quote:
WooHooooo! Congratulations to you. You've obviously worked hard! Amazing testament to how this way of life (not diet) can change your body and mind!
RN4Babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #89  

S/C/G: H 225/ S 205/ C 197.5/ TBD

Height: 5'7"

Feeling frustrated with DH. He wants me to "just take raspberry ketones" like a friend's wife is doing. He just doesn't get that even IF it worked that it would teach me NOTHING about how to eat for the rest of my life. There is no magic pill, no magic exersize plan that is going to make the weight go away and stay away if I still eat the way I did to gain the weight in the first place! Sometimes I just don't get how his brain works! I can't seam to say this in a way that gets through his thick skull! Thanks, I feel better now.
warmheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

@Wuv...thank you for sharing...I will share it with him. Good news is that he is drinking some decaf tea and having some Mio in his water..but not the Energy Mio. Baby steps!!!
MommaHen is offline   Reply With Quote