Old 09-21-2012, 06:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 09/21/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 09-21-2012 at 06:28 AM.
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #2  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Good Morning Peeps.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:50 AM   #3  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Height: 5'5"

Morning from Chilly Chicago! If anyone is interested in a 5% discount with Nashua promo code OFF5.

Apparently leaving my items in the cart for a few days triggered an email with the discount. It would only figure too that I made the order last night and this morning the discount showed up. I'll just use it with the next one but I figured if anyone was ordering to try it and get some money off.

Have a great day, going to work in the yard and get the rest of the Halloween stuff out...my favorite time of year. Sign on front door already reads, "The witch is home."
AliKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 251.5/196.5/137.5

Good Morning!

So I guess I'm obsessing a bit about this protocol... I had a dream that I had cheated all day without realizing it, like eating a piece of bread while cooking for my kid, etc... Not binging but enough to kick me off protocol... Let's just say I was very happy to wake up!

I'm having issues at work with one person who's being very negative about this protocol, and is totally against it... Of course she's tiny I'm thinking of getting her Dr. Tran's book!

Have a great 100 OP day!

Véronique
vvei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:37 AM   #5  

good morning! Delayed WI yesterday. Down another 2+ lbs!

Next week I'm hoping the total will be 25+

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvei View Post
I'm having issues at work with one person who's being very negative about this protocol, and is totally against it... Of course she's tiny I'm thinking of getting her Dr. Tran's book!
I know we all want support from important people in our lives but sometimes we can't get it there. I made the decision to NOT tell people at work & just to see how long it takes them to notice.

As long as it is working for me, I really don't think it is anyone else's business. I'd have to consider someone sticking their nose in my health and wellness decision as having a LOT of nerve and I'd choose not to discuss it with them anymore.
!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 251.5/196.5/137.5

Lisa,

I hindsight, maybe I should have done the same... the only problem, we are on a special project, and sitting all in the same boardroom... so there are a lot of cupcakes, cookies, candy, etc... So I didn't want them to force those on me for a reason...

Oh well, lesson learned!

Have a great day!
vvei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #7  

I was wondering why sugar free non dairy creamer cant be used if it has no cugar or fat and only 2carbs,and some of the items at ideal protein are higher in those area's. sometimes i think that any change is better then what i was doing. Ive been comparing alot of products to the ip products like atkins and there is very little if any difference.So why is it only ip products .Do they just want the money or what.
donna123somer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #8  

i gain 1.5 lbs this week but i also had TOM visit and im trying to move into my new house in a 2 week period.Im moving around more then usual.my %of fat went down and i lost another inch in my waist but everything else stayed the same except my weight went up 1.5lb.Its very dissapointing .i been trying so hard its only my 3rd week now and im stressed out that i gained instead of loosing
donna123somer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 167/129/125

Height: 5'3"

Day 3 of P3 - After 2 days of full breakfasts, plus a 10 ounce STEAK yesterday, i thought i'd check in to see how much of the dreaded 3-5 P3 pounds i gained back. Funny - I lost another 1.5! biggest whoosh i have had in months. Funny thing IP does, huh?

Finally feeling beetter after a solid week of a sinus infection. HOpe i am done for the year.

Quote:

People (like my mother, also a *********!) always ask "are you sure this is healthy?" Just be very confident about the research you have done when responding, and don't continue the conversation. If you stay on protocol, drink water and take the supplements and Olive Oil, it's healthy. HAS to be healthier than donuts!

Everyone- thanks for your chatter - learn something new every day.

have a great OP day.
maddiefoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna123somer View Post
i gain 1.5 lbs this week but i also had TOM visit and im trying to move into my new house in a 2 week period.Im moving around more then usual.my %of fat went down and i lost another inch in my waist but everything else stayed the same except my weight went up 1.5lb.Its very dissapointing .i been trying so hard its only my 3rd week now and im stressed out that i gained instead of loosing
It sounds like your gain is just water. TOM hormone changes, as well as the stress of moving, can cause water gain. I gain up to 5lbs when my TOM comes along. So, don't worry, stay OP, drink a lot of water, and at the end of the day, take some time to relax. This will help you physically and mentally. Just close your eyes and breath. Also, there are alternative products that can be used. Nashua nutrition and netrition are great sources.

SECOND DAY 100% OP!!!!! But I'm feeling the withdrawl. Soon it will all be over, and I will be with my man who thinks I'm beautiful. Yay!
EmilySebetka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #11  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Good Morning!

So I guess I'm obsessing a bit about this protocol... I had a dream that I had cheated all day without realizing it, like eating a piece of bread while cooking for my kid, etc... Not binging but enough to kick me off protocol... Let's just say I was very happy to wake up!

Have a great 100 OP day!

Véronique
I hate having food dreams! My answer to people who tell me IP isnt heathy is that I'm doing it for a period of time to lose weight. When I am done with the weight loss, the whole grains and dairy get added back in. It's definitely better than the way I was eating before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo View Post
Day 3 of P3 - After 2 days of full breakfasts, plus a 10 ounce STEAK yesterday, i thought i'd check in to see how much of the dreaded 3-5 P3 pounds i gained back. Funny - I lost another 1.5! biggest whoosh i have had in months. Funny thing IP does, huh?

Finally feeling beetter after a solid week of a sinus infection. HOpe i am done for the year.

People (like my mother, also a *********!) always ask "are you sure this is healthy?" Just be very confident about the research you have done when responding, and don't continue the conversation. If you stay on protocol, drink water and take the supplements and Olive Oil, it's healthy. HAS to be healthier than donuts!

have a great OP day.
You look great in your pics!
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:03 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliKay View Post
Morning from Chilly Chicago! If anyone is interested in a 5% discount with Nashua promo code OFF5.

Apparently leaving my items in the cart for a few days triggered an email with the discount. It would only figure too that I made the order last night and this morning the discount showed up. I'll just use it with the next one but I figured if anyone was ordering to try it and get some money off.

Have a great day, going to work in the yard and get the rest of the Halloween stuff out...my favorite time of year. Sign on front door already reads, "The witch is home."
Forgot to mention it is pretty cold here in Franklin Grove IL to kind of feels like winter after this warm season lol
kmstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:08 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

Lisa congrats on loss ! and I completely agree regarding "advice" there are a few select people I share with mainly close family and friends whom i would be eating with and that is it, I got tired of the UNWANTED advice and criticism over this plan

Last edited by kmstacy; 09-21-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: forgot to put who comment was for I need to learn how to multi quote!
kmstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:11 AM   #14  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna123somer View Post
I was wondering why sugar free non dairy creamer cant be used if it has no cugar or fat and only 2carbs,and some of the items at ideal protein are higher in those area's. sometimes i think that any change is better then what i was doing. Ive been comparing alot of products to the ip products like atkins and there is very little if any difference.So why is it only ip products .Do they just want the money or what.
When you are using IP products, you are replacing a meal - they have carbs, protein and nutrients. You can't compare IP products to non dairy creamer which has no nutritional value (and at 2 carbs, it's not totally sugar free - those carbs have to come from somewhere!)

We only take in about 30-40 carbs per day TOTAL on the diet - that's between packets, vegetables, and any little "extras" like Walden farm dressings, sugar free products, etc. Anything labeled "sugar free" that lists 0 carbs still has SOME carb -legally they can say 0 carbs if it's less than one carb per serving. So if you use a 0 carb product four or five times a day, you're adding at least a few carbs to your daily intake, likely more.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Good Morning!

Have a great 100 OP day!

Véronique
At this point, I would just be polite, thank her for her concern and say nothing more. Just silence ab out the diet. She'll probably persist. Then I would say its a lot healthier than the cookies, cupcakes, sweets etc. in the office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo View Post

have a great OP day.
You look great in your photos!

Molly,
You are looking great also! Way to go!
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote