Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #61  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
Hi! Are you sure the steaks are ok at Applebee's? I was there about a month ago and ordered the steak. I asked them to prepare it without any extras and the server told me that all of their steaks are marinated. They are packaged in it and come like that from the supplier. I was bummed because I really wanted some meat! Hopefully, your Applebee's is different than mine! The salad sounds yummy though!
the outback victoria filet is divine!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and they do a wonderful mixed grilled veggies with no butter or oil!! yum!!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #62  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I haven't had any issues with the steaks, I just tell them to either dry grill or oil grill it, no butter. I've had more of an issue getting plain steamed broccoli!

ADDENDUM - I just found the "official" Applebees nutritional info - the steaks have a bit of sodium in them (from whatever marinade they use) but no unusual fats or carbs. It's probably just a salt marinade, and since we can use salt liberally on IP it wouldn't be an issue.
Wow, Thank you so much for looking into that! I love eating at Applebees and the 2 meals you love are the ones I order regularly. I haven't had any problems. I always state no butter or sauces of any kind.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #63  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Wow, Thank you so much for looking into that! I love eating at Applebees and the 2 meals you love are the ones I order regularly. I haven't had any problems. I always state no butter or sauces of any kind.
It's definitely become a go-to restaurant for us, I can still feel like I'm treating myself and stay OP! The kids keep asking when we can go to the "apple store" for dinner I found the key phrases for me when eating out are "gluten free" and "Dairy allergy" - many chain restaurants have GF menu to at least narrow the choices down
Old 09-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

I went out to dinner tonight, again no veggies I could have! I wanted the mushrooms but they were marinated in butter I was told. No other veggie sides, not even broccoli (silly). I got a side salad but they only had balsamic and I didn't want oil and lemon so I brought it home.

BUT my hamburger was delicious! I had it with some lettuce, tomato, red onion and pickles. then cut it all up with mustard and my new one carb ketchup!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #65  

Height: 5'4"

I love the chocolate drink cookies. They saved me tonight! Everyone was eating chocolate cupcakes that were given to us and it was KILLING me! I made 6 BIG cookies and drank a cup of decaf coffee and it was bliss.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:04 PM   #66  

What's your recipe for the cookies? I missed that whole thread and now I can't find it! Thanks!!!
Old 09-07-2012, 11:08 PM   #67  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Well im back again...im in phase off mode right now its scary.. Im going through some kind of identity crisis. I have been eating the same thing every single day pretty much for the past 3 months. Literally. I live off of RTD's for breaky and lunch and then have 8oz of steak or chicken for dinner with veggs and thats it...Well...dinner is no problem..its the breaky and lunch.. I had to go into a grocery store and buy actual food instead of my normal trip to the drug store for shakes..and it was like "ahhhhhh!!!!" 1) Because im gluten and wheat free...so everything has to be looked at and 2) Because i havent really had choices to make till now...And then..when i started eating today.. i actually felt guilty..like i was doing something wrong..and on top of that...nothing tasted the same...I figured i would start my phase off with a "cheat" day first to get it over with...but it sucked literally! I tried a few potato chips(they tasted like cardboard) Tried a handfull of popcorn(seemed boring and flavourless) I ended up having a slice of gluten free wheat free homemade pizza..which wasnt too bad..but i was so full after one slice.. Ive come to a few revelations thus far..

1) If your on phase 1 and you want to cheat..be forewarned..that which you think tastes soooo good (doesnt really taste as good as you think)

2) Eating food and huge quantities of it used to make me happy...and the only thing i noticed today..was that it a) made me unhappy and b) felt rediculously full after a small amount and c) snacks that you can have..seem boring and mindless if your not actually hungry...

In all truthfullness... i didnt feel hungry today.. i still dont feel hungry...even though i know i am out of ketosis..im just not hungry or interested... and i like having control..and shakes..feels like in control..and all these other food choices...feel like overwhelming boring things i have to chose from..

Just so ya know.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:11 PM   #68  

OH Port! I sooo admire what you have just told everyone, but I also sooo wish you'd stayed on Phase 1! HUGS!
Old 09-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #69  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
What's your recipe for the cookies? I missed that whole thread and now I can't find it! Thanks!!!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ookie-yum.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ainbow-14.html
Closed Thread