Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #16  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
I marvel at the fab results everyone is having and the gratefulness we feel to at last have found a way to get rid of the fatness. Finally, a diet that really works!
Happy Friday all, and enjoy some fun veggies this weekend!
Same here- feeling very grateful to have found this WOE.

Getting ready to eat out tomorrow night- we are taking my MIL out for her birthday. I have already reviewed the menu and I know what I am going to get. I know they will be supportive of us (we are lucky) but I am still anxious about being surrounded by temptation. But, I think I can do it!
Old 09-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #17  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Happy Friday!

Didn't get on too much yesterday - we had Kinder orientation for my older boy in the morning (he did great, mommy...not so much!) then had to run errands in the afternoon with hubby for his art supplies for school. I am dreading Monday (first full day of kindergarten) but I know my boy is in good hands

Realized I have to re-check my weekly WI numbers, I think I wrote something down wrong one week and apparently my starting weight was 0.8lb higher than I thought! Either way my current weight is right...five pounds to Onederland! Could not do it without the folks here

NSV - I got called for an interview with one of the outpatient offices within our organization, and I needed a pair of dress slacks. Went to Kohl's...tried on a few pairs of size 16 (figuring that dress slacks/new pants wouldn't have as much give as the jeans my SIL had given me in a 14)...TOO BIG!!! Had to buy them in a 14....AND get a belt, because they fit in the hips and thighs but are a wee bit LOOSE in the waist If I can lose another half inch in my lower body, I will actually fit into a few of the suits I have packed away from my last career
Awesome work!! Congrats and best of luck on your interview!

WI#1: -7lbs
WI#2: -5lbs
WI#3: -2.6lbs

1st Goal, 186lbs (-10%)

Last edited by Bella73123; 09-07-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #18  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Happy Friday!
...five pounds to Onederland! Could not do it without the folks here

NSV - I got called for an interview with one of the outpatient offices within our organization, and I needed a pair of dress slacks. Went to Kohl's...tried on a few pairs of size 16 (figuring that dress slacks/new pants wouldn't have as much give as the jeans my SIL had given me in a 14)...TOO BIG!!! Had to buy them in a 14....AND get a belt, because they fit in the hips and thighs but are a wee bit LOOSE in the waist If I can lose another half inch in my lower body, I will actually fit into a few of the suits I have packed away from my last career

singing in my best oz voice....

Follow the IP road, follow the IP road
Follow, follow, follow, follow, follow the IP road
Follow the IP, follow the IP
Follow the IP road

You're off to see the Whoosh Fairy, the Wonderful Fairy of IP
You'll find she is a Wiz of a Whoosh is ever a Whoosh there was
If ever, oh ever, a Fairy there was the Wonderful Whoosh Fairy is one because
Because, because, because, because, because
Because of the wonderful things she does
You're off to see the Fairy, the Wonderful Fairy of ONEDERLAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Morning all! Folding more clothes for the too big pile this morning. I know as I start to try on my fall clothes in the closet, most will be swimming on me. Not a bad feeling! "I keep saying just 20 pounds till goal, I can do this".
I marvel at the fab results everyone is having and the gratefulness we feel to at last have found a way to get rid of the fatness. Finally, a diet that really works!
Happy Friday all, and enjoy some fun veggies this weekend!

WOW!!! ONLY 20 more pounds until GOAL!! YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RIGHT!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
NSV...It was my turn to bring in the goodies for our bakery Friday's here at work. Even though it all looked really good, I didnt really have an urge to try any of it.

I'll just sit here eating my Proti-thin sweet roll and watching my co-workers pig out on all the fatty, sugary sweet rolls I bought them.
oooh u naughty naughty thing!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
my son is getting married next month
how exciting!!! and i just wanted to say I LOVE YOUR NEW PHOTO!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
All I can say is:

TGIF

Make it a great day everyone!!!
RIGHT BACKACHA GF!!! TGIF!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good morning. Very tough few days at work. Actually the last 4 years have been STRESS! They are looking to amend our Village charter to disban the Police Department.
good morning vet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Happy Friday. I have had a stressful week too. Today my family and I are taking a drive to Anchorage for a shopping spree. Its a six hour drive, but I am so excited to buy a whole new wardrobe I am so ready to have clothes that fit me.
enjoy your shopping trip and send some photos of anchorage!!! i would so love to visit there one day!!
Old 09-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 205/145/145

Height: 5'6.5

Good morning fellow I-Peeps!!! Happy Friday! Just wanted to check in - been super busy this past two weeks with travel for my little guys racing - have been 100% OP through it all though and it is paying off. Last weeks WI was heartbreaking at -1 LB , but it was my TOM so I half expected as much. Today's WI made up for it at 4.8 LBS gone! WoooHooooo!!!!! I am now at 30.6 LBS gone - past the half way mark and the compliments and comments on my weight loss are continuous which only serves to reinforce my resolve. A lady I work with has now started IP as a result of my results! Feeling up, up, up today!!! Hope everyone has a great weekend! Talk to you all next week!
Old 09-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

So, i have been 100% OP x 7 weeks. Down 28 lbs and 2 sizes. I feel like I am getting a little bit lax about things. For example, yesterday I walked 2 miles with hills after breakfast, had an extra packet after exercise. Last evening my husband and I cleaned out our attic (hot, sweaty, lifting heavy boxes and carrying down stairs, up stairs, loading into his truck for tag sale this weekend).

We finished around 8pm amd i made dinner which was grilled steak tips and steamed broccoli. I ate about 10oz of steak and justified it by saying the extra was for the physical exercise I had just done.

Today for lunch, in addition to my IP and veggies, I had one last strip 2 oz.
I did walk this morning again, one mile with hill, so even though I didnt eat an extra pack immediately after walking, i had a little more protein with lunch. For dinner tonight, i plan on having 6oz of salmin with dinner

Sometimes i eat more than 2 cups of approved veggies.

And i ran out of skim milk and used a little low fat half anf half 1.5 gm fat, 1 gm car, 1 gm sugar, 1 gm protein, 25 cal. I know that there is way more carbs and sugar in skim milk.

What do you guys think?
Old 09-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #21  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Rainbow - I just wanted to say thanks for your recipes! I've been really craving some variety lately so I tried your crab/zuchinni/cake thing (no, I'm not a whiz in the kitchen ...) so it wasn't as nice looking as yours, but it WAS very GOOD! You most likely helped me stay OP! FYI - if you write a recipe book, I'll not only buy one but invest in it
Old 09-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricks96 View Post
TGIF!!

Just tried Mio in Orange Tangerine flavor yesterday, it is DELICIOUS!!!
I just bought it last night and it it seriously yummy! I think it is my new favorite
Quote:
Happy Friday. I have had a stressful week too. Today my family and I are taking a drive to Anchorage for a shopping spree. Its a six hour drive, but I am so excited to buy a whole new wardrobe I am so ready to have clothes that fit me.
Your goal picture is beautiful! Have a great shopping trip!
Old 09-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #23  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
Rainbow - I just wanted to say thanks for your recipes! I've been really craving some variety lately so I tried your crab/zuchinni/cake thing (no, I'm not a whiz in the kitchen ...) so it wasn't as nice looking as yours, but it WAS very GOOD! You most likely helped me stay OP! FYI - if you write a recipe book, I'll not only buy one but invest in it
awww thats so sweet!!
Old 09-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 201/180/140

Height: 5' 6"

Happy Friday Everyone!

Last edited by Chriskii; 09-07-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #25  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good morning. Very tough few days at work. Actually the last 4 years have been STRESS! They are looking to amend our Village charter to disban the Police Department.
Doesn't sound good, keeping my fingers crossed for you that it all works out.

Quote:
Happy shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalFor40 View Post
Same here- feeling very grateful to have found this WOE.

Getting ready to eat out tomorrow night- we are taking my MIL out for her birthday. I have already reviewed the menu and I know what I am going to get. I know they will be supportive of us (we are lucky) but I am still anxious about being surrounded by temptation. But, I think I can do it!
I KNOW you can do it. Enjoy your dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPRN View Post
So, i have been 100% OP x 7 weeks. Down 28 lbs and 2 sizes. I feel like I am getting a little bit lax about things. For example, yesterday I walked 2 miles with hills after breakfast, had an extra packet after exercise. Last evening my husband and I cleaned out our attic (hot, sweaty, lifting heavy boxes and carrying down stairs, up stairs, loading into his truck for tag sale this weekend).

We finished around 8pm amd i made dinner which was grilled steak tips and steamed broccoli. I ate about 10oz of steak and justified it by saying the extra was for the physical exercise I had just done.

I did walk this morning again, one mile with hill, so even though I didnt eat an extra pack immediately after walking, i had a little more protein with lunch. For dinner tonight, i plan on having 6oz of salmin with dinner

And i ran out of skim milk and used a little low fat half anf half 1.5 gm fat, 1 gm car, 1 gm sugar, 1 gm protein, 25 cal. I know that there is way more carbs and sugar in skim milk.

What do you guys think?
That's it, I'm turning you into the IP police. Seriously, if you are more active, which you have been, a little extra protein will not hurt. As for the low fat vs. the skim milk - well all I can is you had less sugar and carbs by using the low fat vs. the skim milk. I am not a fan AT ALL of low fat anything for just that reason, but low fat is IP's thing, so I follow along for now because it is a great program, and I can't argue with success.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #26  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

What a long week! TGIF!! For sure!! Weigh in was up today about 2-3 pounds thanks to TOM but im determined to lose that and then some next friday at my weigh in Going to try to make the cauliflower "mashed potatoes" this weekend and attempt zucchini fries again lol.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #27  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPRN View Post

What do you guys think?
Here's my $.02-

This plan is based on three main principles- low carb, low fat, low cal. THese three things together make the plan very effective. However, the most important of these is low carb and maintaining ketosis. I do not consider myself a "100%"er because I do occaisionally bend the low fat and low cal rules, knowing that it might have a negative impact on my losses. I feel that ketosis is the one rule that should not be broken, ever.

We know that in order to get optimal results, we should be following plan 100%- you don't need anyone to tell you this. I do my best to do this as much as I can- but for me, an occasional sprinkle of cheese on my eggs is what will keep me from giving up altogether, so it is worth the trade off. An extra 100 calories a few times a week is a fair price to pay. This might mean I am not as disciplined as others, I don't know. This is not a popular notion with many people here and I will probably get blasted for expressing it, but it is what is working for me.

IMHO.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #28  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Height: 5'5"

Happy Friday! I'm just back from my week 3 WI and I'm down 4 LBS! That's a total of 13 LBS for me and puts me at 20 LBS till I reach goal weight. I'm so grateful for all the imformation and support you all provide here. I couldn't have done it without you!
Old 09-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #29  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalFor40 View Post
Here's my $.02-

This plan is based on three main principles- low carb, low fat, low cal. THese three things together make the plan very effective. However, the most important of these is low carb and maintaining ketosis. I do not consider myself a "100%"er because I do occaisionally bend the low fat and low cal rules, knowing that it might have a negative impact on my losses. I feel that ketosis is the one rule that should not be broken, ever.

We know that in order to get optimal results, we should be following plan 100%- you don't need anyone to tell you this. I do my best to do this as much as I can- but for me, an occasional sprinkle of cheese on my eggs is what will keep me from giving up altogether, so it is worth the trade off. An extra 100 calories a few times a week is a fair price to pay. This might mean I am not as disciplined as others, I don't know. This is not a popular notion with many people here and I will probably get blasted for expressing it, but it is what is working for me.

IMHO.
In case you get blasted .. I'm on your side. We're all big boys and girls, we know the consequences and payoffs.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #30  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Happy friday everyone !!!!
Closed Thread