Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #46  
Restart IP 8/29/12

S/C/G: 191/167/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
So - I bought a dehydrator at BB&Beyond yesterday with my 20% off coupon: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...8&KSKU=113612&
I plan on doing some yellow & zucchini squash chips tonight, maybe throw some kale in while I'm at it. I am thinking I will need to order the extra trays though - since I like to be 'efficient' with my time in the kitchen and would rather just pump out mega-batches of chips when I make them. I will see how many I can turn out this first run.

And I ALSO just ordered an Omrom scale off Amazon for $61 (free shipping!). My coach informed me that the meetings, weights, & measurements are free for life in maintenance, as often as I'd like - but after the 1st month of Phase 4, the BCA is $20 - so I figured I'd just go get one of those fancy scales and keep track myself as often as I like. http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HBF-514C.../dp/B0020MMCDE

And now scanning the daily I want a FITBIT! LOL - will the gadgets never cease!

DH says no to a dehydrator, but I am working an extra day tomorrow so I think it's my money! Haha
How much quicker is dehydrating than making chips in the oven? That will be my deciding factor.

Seriously thinking about ordering the scale. I pay 12/ month for BCA even in phase 1. I could also switch to alternatives. I only see my coach for the BCA anyway. She is really sweet and upbeat, but the "cheerleader" gets old when I have serious questions.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #47  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
AWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!
i missed it...thank you for bringing it to my attention!!!!

that is just the sweetest thing!!

i have been writing my name in the sand since i was a young girl!! let's just say....my home life was not the best, so i started writing my name in the sand, just at the water's edge...so that when the waves came in, they could wash over me, symbolically of course, and wash all my troubles out to sea!! i really think thats why i'm such a happy go lucky person!!!

to this day....nothing soothes my troubled soul, like a walk on the beach, a soft uttered prayer and writing my name in the sand!!

YOU ROCK!! THAT MADE MY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Its very symbolic for a clean slate in my book. I am glad you enjoyed it and now you can say your name is on each coast of the country
Old 09-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #48  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Good morinig everyone did a MOC WI this morning. I am almost back down in three day where i was before the storm. YAY for that. gonna be a good day walked in the the office to Stevie Wonder playing on my PC. put me in a great mood. Rocking this IP thing.
Keep Rocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post

Anyhoo.... Here's todays quote:

My world is expanding as my butt is shrinking!

Now how many of us will be able and now are able to celebrate this fact?
Not sure about my butt shrinking my belly sure has. I love your quote, made me giggle here at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I have a NSV to share. I have been at my goal for a month now, but my DD age 17 hugged me last night (I don't get hugs from her very often) and she said, "Oh my gosh you feel so small when I put my arms around you." That made me feel better than any scale ever could

Here's to the little things in life
That is freaking AWESOME! My son has been my biggest cheerleader, my wife my toughest, but when you hear positive things from people you love it really makes you feel good. Congratulations Moose!
Old 09-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

I am losing interest and motivation. The money part is really getting to me and I would really like to get off IP and just continue to eat healthy and keep the diet going as close as I can. Tired of weighing in every week. I have continuously lost but hate having to explain when I slip off program. I am still losing because I am still eating healthy and under the normal caloric intake but the extra vegies and protein are preventing me from losing more.

Been OP since May and starting to get bored. I HATE to cook so mixing up my recipes will be really hard for me.

Think I might talk to my coach (who is a close friend) and go off IP for a bit and see if I can continue to lose.

I ALWAYS get to the point when losing weight that I feel great and should be happy where I am.

I am currently less than what I was in High School so this is awesome for me.

I want to continue to lose but I am REALLY missing my breads, sweets, cheese and alcohol.

Thanks for letting me vent. Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #50  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

So here is another NSV I bought this watch for myself for loosing 70 pounds. When I bought it, I needed three extra links and today I noticed it was a little loose, a few weeks ago I had the last of the three extra links removed, I am using the whole bracelet, measured last night and my wrist is 8.5" Just measured my watch and it looks like I am down 1 1/4" on my wrist!

Old 09-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #51  
IP Newbie

S/C/G: 180/136/130

Height: 5'2"

Just came back from my weigh in.....down another 2 lbs!!! Not really that happy with it but I will take what I can
Old 09-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #52  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
I am losing interest and motivation. The money part is really getting to me and I would really like to get off IP and just continue to eat healthy and keep the diet going as close as I can. Tired of weighing in every week. I have continuously lost but hate having to explain when I slip off program. I am still losing because I am still eating healthy and under the normal caloric intake but the extra vegies and protein are preventing me from losing more.

Been OP since May and starting to get bored. I HATE to cook so mixing up my recipes will be really hard for me.

Think I might talk to my coach (who is a close friend) and go off IP for a bit and see if I can continue to lose.

I ALWAYS get to the point when losing weight that I feel great and should be happy where I am.

I want to continue to lose but I am REALLY missing my breads, sweets, cheese and alcohol.

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #53  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

[QUOTE=LizRR;4458597]So - I bought a dehydrator at BB&Beyond yesterday with my 20% off coupon: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...8&KSKU=113612&
I plan on doing some yellow & zucchini squash chips tonight, maybe throw some kale in while I'm at it. I am thinking I will need to order the extra trays though - since I like to be 'efficient' with my time in the kitchen and would rather just pump out mega-batches of chips when I make them. I will see how many I can turn out this first run.

And I ALSO just ordered an Omrom scale off Amazon for $61 (free shipping!). My coach informed me that the meetings, weights, & measurements are free for life in maintenance, as often as I'd like - but after the 1st month of Phase 4, the BCA is $20 - so I figured I'd just go get one of those fancy scales and keep track myself as often as I like. http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HBF-514C.../dp/B0020MMCDE

QUOTE]

Thanks for the info on the scale! I havent been to a coach in 6 weeks and my current scale seems really inacurrate with the body fat. I think it just calculates based on age, height, gender and weight.

Can't wait until my scale arrives on Friday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post

That's too bad that you are losing motivation. Great job on the weight loss so far, so make sure if you do go off IP that you don't gain it back.

Seems like bread, sweets, cheese and alcohol may not be the best choices for losing weight. =)
Old 09-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #54  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love that!
Old 09-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 304/219.6/200

Height: 6'

I am a little discouraged today. I have my WI tomorrow as my coach will be away Fridayand so far my home scale ony shows 2lbs lost. I am still big enough that I would hope for bigger numbers. I have been 100% OP.

Hope I sees bit more come off tonight. After my 2nd WI I was down 15 lbs. I was hoping to hit the 20 lb mark this week. But I guesses long as I follow te plan the weight will one off.

Hav a great day everyone.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #56  

Height: 5'2"

continue to be frustrated wtih the lack of weight coming off. My WI will be tomorrow and I haven't lost anything this week on my home scale. i am on week 6. I have a reward pair of new zip off pants hanging on the closet door when I lost 3 more lbs. The fit now, but the reward was for the weight loss.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
WOW!!! divajen...your journey inspires me every day. having so far to go...i often get discouraged and find reading the threads helpful and encouraging. knowing there is someone else making it happen, gives me strength to keep trying another day!! when i started i certainly didn't REALLY expect this to work for ME...because nothing else has worked in the past...but here i am being inspired by you to keep on because maybe, maybe i might actually really see a 2 in front my weight, something i have not seen in over 25 years!!

thank you for being YOU!! thank you for sharing your journey!!
i am in awe!!!!!!!
Aw, you totally know how to make me smile!!! And yes, I do know how daunting it can seem with so much to go when you get started but now that I have 33lbs left to go it seems unreal - but do-able, if that makes any sense.

You're doing amazingly well and we'll both get there!!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Holy crap! I had WI#6 today and lost 4.8 lbs!

I wasn't expecting that at ALL. The whoosh fairy must have visited me because yesterday the scale said I was down 0! I am amazed that it happened practically overnight. My coach was ecstatic and I had her do the calculations a few times!

Wow, just wow.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 304/219.6/200

Height: 6'

Wow that's great Anna! Makes me hopeful for a whoosh.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #60  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
Holy crap! I had WI#6 today and lost 4.8 lbs!

I wasn't expecting that at ALL. The whoosh fairy must have visited me because yesterday the scale said I was down 0! I am amazed that it happened practically overnight. My coach was ecstatic and I had her do the calculations a few times!

Wow, just wow.

WAY TO GO ANNA!!!!!
Closed Thread