Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #121  
Restart IP 8/29/12

S/C/G: 191/167/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Just need to vent...im so mad today! Dont know if its that im mad at me or mad at the circumstance or what..

So ive been OP since the beginning and i have now officially lost over 40#s and my husband definitly notices it...Well.. im out in the community at the local cafe getting my daughter a smoothie.and i bump into three different people i know at three different times...and NOT ONE said anything about my weight loss..not one made a comment or anything...AND ITS LIKE WTH!!! CMON I WORKED MY FREAKING A$$ OFF !!! AT LEAST NOTICE A LITTLE BIT!!!

Thats my rant for today. It just makes me want to quit..like what is the point of being on this freaking diet if no one even notices the difference.. i mine as well go back to being fat.

-End of rant!
I feel your pain...I was looking for a new skirt on Saturday. The sales lady said "there is only a 14, but I can look for a 16 in a different color." I just told her I would try it to see if it fit...WHICH IT DID, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I started to get offended, but then decided I'm doing this for me I know how much I've lost. I plan on exercising when I finish the diet. Then it will all tighten up. (my coach said I could exercise about 1/3 of what I was doing before. 1/3 of 0 is still 0...guess I'll wait
Old 09-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Trying to get thru all the post....some awesome weigh ins today! I got thru today, still feeling ok, trying to Analyze my thoughts when it comes to food, especially chocolate....or sweets. I was at my dads today and opened a drawer to find an unopened bag of fudged-o cookies......Shut it quickly and left shortly after. On my way home I talked to my husband about me and food. Like why do I not feel satisfied with only one or two cookies....literally 5++++++ feeling so full but continue to eat. Not eating them slowly and savoring them either.......wolfing them down, can't get them in fast enough.....loving the swallowing of them. What is wrong with me? I try to get in the mind set of eating slowly, but once I give myself permission I loose it. Two weeks ago i was doing P4 followed plan all day, but for supper i had some rice i made for the kids......in my mind i blewit so might as well take the night off....went for ice cream, ate a pile of pita chips with cinnamon and sugar...animal crackers...cant remember it all, but went crazy....all after like 6pm. Soooo crazy!! I am going to have to talk to my counsellor about it.....this has been a huge eye opener for me.....I need to find a way to control this or I will be twice the size I was before I started and in no time! Luckily I have been able to get back on IP both times and was able to stay on.....but even tonight I feel that feeling in my throat....the sensation of wanting to eat and swallow crap food! Wow sorry guys....just needing to get this out! I will keep you posted on this journey.....sure hope there is a happy ending!

On a plus side, I bought the actifry tonight, made turnip fries and they turned out fantastic!

Sleep tight IPers!
Old 09-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #123  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammabell View Post
my coach said I could exercise about 1/3 of what I was doing before. 1/3 of 0 is still 0...guess I'll wait
Okay, that just made me laugh... It's like saying "I AM in shape...er... round is a shape isn't it??"

Let me know when you start exercising. I'll join you! (Just noted... do you think that it is co-incidence that excorcise and excersize sound so similar??hmmm...)
Old 09-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #124  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
...I got thru today, still feeling ok, trying to Analyze my thoughts when it comes to food, especially chocolate....or sweets...I am going to have to talk to my counsellor about it.....this has been a huge eye opener for me.....I need to find a way to control this or I will be twice the size I was before I started and in no time! ...even tonight I feel that feeling in my throat....the sensation of wanting to eat and swallow crap food!
I think it's great that you are recognizing you have a problem and want to seek help for it. That's got to be "step 1" in any 12 step programme, I'm sure! I see those shows on t.v. like "My strange addiction" or things like "PICA" (?) where people crave eating dirt etc. That seems so odd to me, but it's a real issue for those people who just can't stop eating bizarre things. Our minds are strange creatures and some "urges" might be totally linked to things you need to deal with. The good news is you keeping coming back OP, and are willing to try to figure out.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #125  
Restart IP 8/29/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
(Just noted... do you think that it is co-incidence that excorcise and excersize sound so similar??hmmm...)
hahahahaha
I'm gonna exercise to exorcise those weight demons!

Last edited by mammabell; 09-05-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #126  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Just need to vent...im so mad today! Dont know if its that im mad at me or mad at the circumstance or what..

So ive been OP since the beginning and i have now officially lost over 40#s and my husband definitly notices it...Well.. im out in the community at the local cafe getting my daughter a smoothie.and i bump into three different people i know at three different times...and NOT ONE said anything about my weight loss..not one made a comment or anything...AND ITS LIKE WTH!!! CMON I WORKED MY FREAKING A$$ OFF !!! AT LEAST NOTICE A LITTLE BIT!!!

Thats my rant for today. It just makes me want to quit..like what is the point of being on this freaking diet if no one even notices the difference.. i mine as well go back to being fat.

-End of rant!
Hey, Port! It's not just you...same thing happening here. I've lost 30 pounds since people saw me in May. I went back to school and it's surprising how many people just don't notice. Here's my take on it....you and I are both tall...luckily, we can hide it easier! It's more spread out. I am still wearing many of my same clothes, they just fit better now. Someone even asked my if I changed my hair color because I looked different...I played completely dumb. One other person said, "Summer really does you well. You look so unstressed." I think it's kinda funny! I don't get too mad about people not noticing...makes me think that I didn't look as terrible as I felt! So, don't let something like this upset you. I think of it as a game to see how long it will really take people to notice, if ever. If they do, they do. If not, oh well. I feel so much better and that's really what's important. You can do this...it's just silly non-noticing people. Big dummies.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #127  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
Hey, Port! It's not just you...same thing happening here. I've lost 30 pounds since people saw me in May. I went back to school and it's surprising how many people just don't notice. Here's my take on it....you and I are both tall...luckily, we can hide it easier! It's more spread out. I am still wearing many of my same clothes, they just fit better now. Someone even asked my if I changed my hair color because I looked different...I played completely dumb. One other person said, "Summer really does you well. You look so unstressed." I think it's kinda funny! I don't get too mad about people not noticing...makes me think that I didn't look as terrible as I felt! So, don't let something like this upset you. I think of it as a game to see how long it will really take people to notice, if ever. If they do, they do. If not, oh well. I feel so much better and that's really what's important. You can do this...it's just silly non-noticing people. Big dummies.
Not many people noticed me either until I hit the 35-40 pound mark (i am short) and then everyone started commenting. I think Lizrr said something about this too. It took a while for my pants size to start going down but then the sizes started going down faster and faster and all of a sudden. Same with the outer appearance. It takes a while but then WOW! I also think that people notice, but they are either jealous or don't want to embarrass you in any way. I had a lady today whisper a compliment and say "I don't mean to make it sound like you didn't look nice before but..." It will happen Port and CarCamMom and soon!
Old 09-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I think it's great that you are recognizing you have a problem and want to seek help for it. That's got to be "step 1" in any 12 step programme, I'm sure! I see those shows on t.v. like "My strange addiction" or things like "PICA" (?) where people crave eating dirt etc. That seems so odd to me, but it's a real issue for those people who just can't stop eating bizarre things. Our minds are strange creatures and some "urges" might be totally linked to things you need to deal with. The good news is you keeping coming back OP, and are willing to try to figure out.
Thank you for your encouragement.......I feel like crying tonight, just feeling defeated a bit....a lot. This weight loss has been a journey.....long over due, but just feel like it is never going to end. A constant struggle every day, every moment. Tired of thinking about it....I wish I was a person who ate til I was full...didn't have food consume me. I am not sure how to not let food consume me. Just feeling tired and over whelmed by the whole thing. My dad is an alcoholic.....I guess my addiction is food....he is a binge drinker, I am a binge eater....I just thought by feeling so good about how I felt and how I looked that that would be enough to keep me focused and eat in moderation, but it isn't. So much to work on and figure out!

Thanks again
Old 09-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
DivaJen - love the new picture.
Thanks! Had to get my picture re-taken for work 'cause I kinda don't look much like the old one anymore. Figured it was a good comparison!
Old 09-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

kelly, my sister swears by this book. She said it really helped her think about why she eats, etc, so it's on my list of books to get in the next short while.

http://www.amazon.com/Shrink-Yoursel.../dp/0470044853

Maybe it might give you some insight, in addition to talking to your coach? Just a thought!
Old 09-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Thank you for your encouragement.......I feel like crying tonight, just feeling defeated a bit....a lot. This weight loss has been a journey.....long over due, but just feel like it is never going to end. A constant struggle every day, every moment. Tired of thinking about it....I wish I was a person who ate til I was full...didn't have food consume me. I am not sure how to not let food consume me. Just feeling tired and over whelmed by the whole thing. My dad is an alcoholic.....I guess my addiction is food....he is a binge drinker, I am a binge eater....I just thought by feeling so good about how I felt and how I looked that that would be enough to keep me focused and eat in moderation, but it isn't. So much to work on and figure out!

Thanks again
You know it's not just you, right? There is sugar (and other chemicals) in that stuff and the nature of it is it makes you want more. That is not a personality flaw. That is biology. Same as your dad's binge drinking--alcohol works a lot like sugar. So don't beat yourself up. Just don't go there with the sugar.

I had a bite of something sweet the other night because the baker of it was pressuring me. It was the smallest little bite, you know, just to appease him. I wanted MORE! And after company left, and there was still some left, I ate a little more until I pulled myself together and insisted that my boyfriend take it out to the dumpster in the alley.

I hadn't had any sugar for 9 weeks. I do have willpower.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #132  
Restart IP 8/29/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I just did a blog post on the subject of sugar alcohols, and how to net carb yesterday... you can check it out at http://diettalktoday.com/what-the-he...ugar-alcohols/
Thank you, very interesting!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #133  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I have a NSV to share. I have been at my goal for a month now, but my DD age 17 hugged me last night (I don't get hugs from her very often) and she said, "Oh my gosh you feel so small when I put my arms around you." That made me feel better than any scale ever could

Here's to the little things in life
Awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
mooselover, that's awesome! And I love your new avatar pic!

I was fortunate to have a great WI yesterday - 6.8lbs! Was the whoosh I'd been waiting for since going off the iron supplements. Takes me to 115 even lost - so exciting! Hard to believe that I'm only 33 from goal and 14 from onederland....just doesn't seem possible!

Oh, and a friend convinced me to join her and take a Learn to Run class starting next month. Talked it over with my coach and she's okay with it. Now what have I done!? In my head all I can see is the 328lb fat girl trying to run. My fave saying used to be 'if you see me running...call the police'. But no more, I suppose!

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!
There's no fat girl here!!! Only a svelte, trim, slim beauty!! It's funny how we still think of ourselves though. It takes the brain longer to catch up with the new bod! Have fun!! And awesome fantastic WI!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
OK...you two......y'all are being FAR WARNED...here comes a case of "tough WUV"....Your numbers will NOT be BIG every week no matter how much you stay 100%. I have been OP for 69 weeks as of today, I have been 100% since day ONE, I have had a few gains, ZERO losses and below a pound losses. Did I get discourged, NOPE, I KNEW that there was NOTHING I could of done different, I followed the sheet and didn't deivate from it so there is NO way possible I could gain. I eat almost the SAME thing EVERY DAY....so how could that be? its your BODY changing, you may not be losing pounds but you are losing INCHES.....AND if you don't see it on the tape measure when you are measuring, there are other places that you are also losing inches like in your neck face, hands, ankles. Your WHOLE body is changing in SOOOO many ways. You have to be patient with this program, You follow it...IT WILL WORK.....you believe in it.....IT WILL WORK.....You BELEIVE in YOURSELF....YOU CAN DO IT.....Have a little faith, TRUST me when I say...I WILL COME OFF. Last week I had a gain of 1.1lbs this week I loss 2lbs, did not do ANYTHING different...Don't let small numbers distract you....its ONLY A NUMBER.....go by how you feel, how your clothes fit you....DO NOT BECOME A SLAVE TO THE SCALE!!!.....if you weigh everyday....DON"T....I challenge EVERYONE for ONE WEEK to ONLY weigh on your OFFICIAL Weigh in day....Let your losses be a surprise, because what is happening is....You step on the scale this morning ONLY loss 1lb so now you are stressing SOOOO your body will HOLD ON TO that and that is all you will lose if not even maybe gain....Trust me....that is all I am saying is TRUST ME and follow the program...don't stress about anything...please!
YES YES YES. LIKE LIKE LIKE!!!! Wuvs in the house people!!! Listen up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
Ooh, almost forgot!

Today I FINALLY weigh less than my bf. AND I beat my first goal that was 27lbs by my 27th birthday...which is on 9/25!

Today is a good day, and this is a good time in life for me.
You're doing awesome girl!!! Love the new pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd849 View Post
Thanks so much for the comments and the tough wuv everyone. Wuv- great video!

I can tell that I am losing weight and inches . There is much more room in the neck of my shirts (with a tie) and I have had to use a new notch in my belt. Still loving IP and not giving up. This is totally worth it.
We're in the same neck of the woods!! Welcome! Youre doing fantastic!!

Quote:

-End of rant!
Seriously Port, you aren't going to quit because someone didn't compliment you! It's the crazy hormones talking. Time for bed.
Closed Thread