IP Daily Chat Wednesday 09/05/2012 - Page 7 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #91  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Welcome! I began alternatives on P4 and am just learning how to figure out net carbs!! LOL I just asked the same question as you. I was told 9 grams of carbs is the threshold and you take total carbs and subtract two things (I think) I just posted back on my other post trying to get confirmation/clarification.

I'm rebooting in P4 using alternatives and they work just as well as the IP foods...the only difference is my bank account isn't crying as much!!!

I just did a blog post on the subject of sugar alcohols, and how to net carb yesterday... you can check it out at http://diettalktoday.com/what-the-he...ugar-alcohols/
Old 09-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #92  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
Good health for your new life together!! Welcome back!
WOW, your new avatar pic looks terrif. Way to go. Love to see these new pics.

Molly
Old 09-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I just did a blog post on the subject of sugar alcohols, and how to net carb yesterday... you can check it out at http://diettalktoday.com/what-the-he...ugar-alcohols/
Great thank you! I'll read through this.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #94  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Since it is September it's Beef Jerky making season in the Sampson house. My DH and I make a ton of it to pass out to the boys going hunting during the fall as well as to friends and family who like it. We get orders as early as January for specific amounts. and flavors. Right now we have one batch in the dehydrator and 2 more marinating. When I get home I am going to make my personal favorite.... Ginger Lime with a jerk seasoning rub.... tasty.
I am soooo wanting to make jerky. I haven't read past page 2 to know if anyone asked yet, but I'd LOVe the recipe if you have time (or if it's not a trade secret! LOL) I'm borrowing my mother-in-laws dehydrator and know my hubby would love it
Old 09-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Had a strange pre-IP like experience this afternoon.

I started school today---teaching at my university. I teach a lot of online, and work at home a lot. But I also teach class face to face on MWFs. Then at 2:00 I head for home.
Last year, and for years before that, I would come home, HUNGRY and eat a snack or 5.
After being home all summer, and really getting control of my life and my eating habits, I was never hungry, so no need to even think about afternoon snack.
But today on my way home the old habits sort of kicked in. It is just the old HABIT, right?
I just told myself (a good tool, by the way...I recommend we all talk to ourselves) "You cannot be hungry. You never had snacks in the afternoon all summer. You will not snack. Period".
Habits hard to break. I was really surprised that my body was telling me I was hungry, when I KNEW I was not.
Cindy, this exact same thing happened to when I returned to school a couple of weeks ago. I came home starving and wanting to snack through The Young and The Restless. This was one of my old HABITS!!!!! And that's all it was. I think they call them triggers! I am still struggling with it but it is getting better. Hang strong sister you are doing great!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #96  

Height: 5'4"

weigh in #18 and lost 2.6 pounds!!! 55 pounds gone! Love Ideal Protein!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #97  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPRN View Post
WI # 7 for me today, down 4.6 for a total of 27.6. I guess that famished feeling really was in preparation for a whoosh!! On another note, white cheddar ridges are yum!

Have a great day evryone!
NICE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I have a NSV to share. I have been at my goal for a month now, but my DD age 17 hugged me last night (I don't get hugs from her very often) and she said, "Oh my gosh you feel so small when I put my arms around you." That made me feel better than any scale ever could

Here's to the little things in life
LOVE THIS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
mooselover, that's awesome! And I love your new avatar pic!

I was fortunate to have a great WI yesterday - 6.8lbs! Was the whoosh I'd been waiting for since going off the iron supplements. Takes me to 115 even lost - so exciting! Hard to believe that I'm only 33 from goal and 14 from onederland....just doesn't seem possible!

Oh, and a friend convinced me to join her and take a Learn to Run class starting next month. Talked it over with my coach and she's okay with it. Now what have I done!? In my head all I can see is the 328lb fat girl trying to run. My fave saying used to be 'if you see me running...call the police'. But no more, I suppose!

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!
WOW! WHAT A WHOOSH!!!

Quote:
Holy crap! I had WI#6 today and lost 4.8 lbs!

I wasn't expecting that at ALL. The whoosh fairy must have visited me because yesterday the scale said I was down 0! I am amazed that it happened practically overnight. My coach was ecstatic and I had her do the calculations a few times!

Wow, just wow.
NICE!!!
Quote:

I started school today---teaching at my university. I teach a lot of online, and work at home a lot. But I also teach class face to face on MWFs. Then at 2:00 I head for home.
Last year, and for years before that, I would come home, HUNGRY and eat a snack or 5.
After being home all summer, and really getting control of my life and my eating habits, I was never hungry, so no need to even think about afternoon snack.
But today on my way home the old habits sort of kicked in. It is just the old HABIT, right?
I just told myself (a good tool, by the way...I recommend we all talk to ourselves) "You cannot be hungry. You never had snacks in the afternoon all summer. You will not snack. Period".
Habits hard to break. I was really surprised that my body was telling me I was hungry, when I KNEW I was not.
I am having the same issues! After school snack! grrrrr. I had to switch my evening snack to the afternoon though because my dinner time is later now due to homework and other kids stuff. Welcome back to school!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #98  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im escaping View Post
And my boots can be zipped ALL the way up! Which, again while nice, why is my belly so resistant to change?? Nobody else knows my calves are losing weight, it's not like I announced that my boots were partially undone before....
Okay that just made me laugh. You are totally right about the weight coming off in weird places. During your post I could hear "Elvis" in my head (should I be worried??) saying "Hey baby! Nice calves you got there?? Sure would look good in my blue suede shoes..."
Old 09-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #99  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
Now that I'm on Phase 2, my couch let me legally introduce in restricteds. OMG, the southwest cheese curls! Love them! Love that it took me 30 minutes to eat them!
Did you choose not to have restricteds Phase 1? I'm allowed one a day -- and don't dare try to take that choc. bar away from me! LOL
Old 09-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #100  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Don't remember who it was, but I want to thank whoever made the suggestion about using a bra strap extender while working your way down. Good bras for well-endowed girls are $60 - 90, so I did not want to have to replace one every 10 pounds! I've already shrunk out of several. Was able to get a smaller size (band and cup) and make it work with an extender, so it should last me longer - hopefully almost to goal. I am happy today!

Of course, when I get to goal I'm going to have a lengthy lingerie shopping spree!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Don't remember who it was, but I want to thank whoever made the suggestion about using a bra strap extender while working your way down. Good bras for well-endowed girls are $60 - 90, so I did not want to have to replace one every 10 pounds! I've already shrunk out of several. Was able to get a smaller size (band and cup) and make it work with an extender, so it should last me longer - hopefully almost to goal. I am happy today!

Of course, when I get to goal I'm going to have a lengthy lingerie shopping spree!
Ooh excellent idea! I've been wearing my partially empty bras for a while now. I worked 16-hours yesterday and they were awkwardly chafing my underarms. I may go out and buy a new (cheap) bra and extenders!!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #102  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:

I started school today---teaching at my university. ...I just told myself (a good tool, by the way...I recommend we all talk to ourselves) "You cannot be hungry. You never had snacks in the afternoon all summer. You will not snack. Period".
I'm having the same trouble. My students have am snack, lunch, pm snack then my kids have after school snack and a before bedtime snack... I always feel like I should be grabbing something to have as we're "conditioned" to that darn clock! My kids are both ADHD, and skinny as sticks, so I never worry that they are eating too much -- they need to be eating more actually as they are still underweight. However, ME, I don NOT need to be eating that many snacks! LOL
Old 09-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
WOW, your new avatar pic looks terrif. Way to go. Love to see these new pics.

Molly
Thanks so much! It was from my vacation in NH this past weekend. It's beautiful in the mountains!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Thanks so much! It was from my vacation in NH this past weekend. It's beautiful in the mountains!
Love the White Mountains of NH!!! I went to school at Plymouth State and miss those mountains! MY DH heart is in ME so we'll end up there some day...maybe a second place in NH! Dreaming is fun!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 304/219.6/200

Height: 6'

Thanks so much for the comments and the tough wuv everyone. Wuv- great video!

I can tell that I am losing weight and inches . There is much more room in the neck of my shirts (with a tie) and I have had to use a new notch in my belt. Still loving IP and not giving up. This is totally worth it.
Closed Thread