Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 06:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 09/05/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 09-05-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Good morinig everyone did a MOC WI this morning. I am almost back down in three day where i was before the storm. YAY for that. gonna be a good day walked in the the office to Stevie Wonder playing on my PC. put me in a great mood. Rocking this IP thing.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:49 AM   #3  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

HA! The early bird gets on the first page! Being a "night owl" is SUCKING badly because these mornings come too early! I won't be able to check out all the IP news until way later but I hope everyone has a great day. I'm trying to "eat all my veggies" so last night I put turnips in the crock pot -- fairly big chunks-- with some broth and threw in WF maple syrup, thinking it may remove some of the strong taste. IT DID! They were quite nice and sweet this morning but still firm (I suspected as much) so I drained the "sweet liquid and added my red pepper veggie puree that had some spice to it, and some chicken chunks... Looking forward to a yummy supper already! I'm going to see if anyone in the family notices they are not potatoes! Tomorrow's menu, Shepherd's Pie with faux potatoes. I'll get veggies into those boys yet!(Evil laughter...mwah, ha, ha...!)

Last edited by IP43; 09-05-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:14 AM   #4  
Restart IP 7/25/12

S/C/G: 199/142/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
HA! The early bird gets on the first page! Being a "night owl" is SUCKING badly because these mornings come too early! I won't be able to check out all the IP news until way later but I hope everyone has a great day. I'm trying to "eat all my veggies" so last night I put turnips in the crock pot -- fairly big chunks-- with some broth and threw in WF maple syrup, thinking it may remove some of the strong taste. IT DID! They were quite nice and sweet this morning but still firm (I suspected as much) so I drained the "sweet liquid and added my red pepper veggie puree that had some spice to it, and some chicken chunks... Looking forward to a yummy supper already! I'm going to see if anyone in the family notices they are not potatoes! Tomorrow's menu, Shepherd's Pie with faux potatoes. I'll get veggies into those boys yet!(Evil laughter...mwah, ha, ha...!)
My little one wanted to try some asparagus and vinegar slaw from my plate last night, she is the pickest of the 3, and she ate it all. One little victory at a time

WI#6 -1.2lbs and 1-1/2in. Down 20.4lbs and 18-1/8in overall.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #5  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3girls View Post
My little one wanted to try some asparagus and vinegar slaw from my plate last night, she is the pickest of the 3, and she ate it all. One little victory at a time

Mmmm.....that sounds good. Why is it a "slaw" -- what else did you put in it besides asparagus?
Old 09-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

Congrats on the WI! And it's always a victory when the little ones are willing to try something new My littlest ate a few rutabaga fries last night, I was so proud!

Today is WI Wednesday for me - not really sure what's going to happen. The stress from this weekend probably didn't help me much, I know I wasn't as good with my water as usual. Had a heaviness in my stomach for a couple of days and I don't really feel like I lost anything. But then yesterday I was having a very hungry day, so maybe it was a Whoosh coming my way...will be interesting to see. Regardless of what the scale says, I stayed 100% OP through the whole weekend, so that's definitely a NSV!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #7  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
posts from IP43 = DAILY DOSE OF LAUGHTER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Congrats on the WI! And it's always a victory when the little ones are willing to try something new My littlest ate a few rutabaga fries last night, I was so proud!

Today is WI Wednesday for me - not really sure what's going to happen. The stress from this weekend probably didn't help me much, I know I wasn't as good with my water as usual. Had a heaviness in my stomach for a couple of days and I don't really feel like I lost anything. But then yesterday I was having a very hungry day, so maybe it was a Whoosh coming my way...will be interesting to see. Regardless of what the scale says, I stayed 100% OP through the whole weekend, so that's definitely a NSV!!!

GOOD LUCK TODAY BEAUTIFUL LADY!!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #8  
Restart IP 7/25/12

S/C/G: 199/142/135

Quote:
Mmmm.....that sounds good. Why is it a "slaw" -- what else did you put in it besides asparagus?
It was two different things. The asparagus was roasted. The vinegar slaw is a package of angel hair cabbage, chopped or not, heat 1 cup apple cider vinager, 1/4 cup water and 1/2 cup splenda to boil, then pour over cabbage and chill.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Good morning IPers! Day 2 of phase 1......trying to get back on track....feeling good tho....went to the gym this morning too before work. Hope everyone has a great op day. Good luck to those weighing in!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:44 AM   #10  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
It was two different things. The asparagus was roasted. The vinegar slaw is a package of angel hair cabbage, chopped or not, heat 1 cup apple cider vinager, 1/4 cup water and 1/2 cup splenda to boil, then pour over cabbage and chill.
ooooh.....i was thinking the same as IP43....that it was
"asparagus and vinegar slaw" together...not...
asparagus AND "vinegar slaw"
Old 09-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
posts from IP43 = DAILY DOSE OF LAUGHTER!!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
in total agreement!!! IP43 makes me smile!!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 217/155/146

Height: 5.5

Good morning all ! Hope everyone has a great day. Haven't posted much lately , was out of power and internet due to Issac ! But all is good now, still going strong on IP, 4 months now ,wow, seems like just a way of life now and I like it !
Old 09-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #13  
IP Newbie

S/C/G: 180/136/130

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning!! Today is WI Wednesday for me!! Hoping for a good loss, can't wait to get into the 150's again!! Hope the whoosh fairy visited me last night
Old 09-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

Good morning All! I bought a fitbit yesterday,it is the neatest little thing..I didn't realize how far away I am from the goal of 10,000 steps a day..I plan to work on increasing my steps daily to work towards that goal..It is a great motivational tool..does anyone have one? would be nice if we could be friends on fitbit to.. I hope everyone has a great OP day 1
Old 09-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 149/131/130

Morning certainly came early after staying up late to make eight batches of marshmallow treats for my younger daughter's school. I have one starting her first day of high school today and my other starting her first day of middle school tomorrow. Plus, we just wrapped up our town's rodeo and county fair. I just love fair food! It was tough but I stayed OP. Now to stay OP as I go help with the Back-to-School lunch. Hot dogs, chips, and marshmallow treats, oh my.
Closed Thread