Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #46  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Hey all! My first post here! OP for 3 weeks and have lost 11 pounds. Although I usually eat pretty healthy, I have to say I'm starting to REALLY want some other foods. I'm still 5 away from my goal and with some extra restrictions this upcoming week, I'm hoping to get it all out so I can move into phase 2. Anyone else really feeling the need????
Old 09-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #47  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
I'm in my 2nd week of phase two,and at WI this morning I lost 3 pounds. Pretty good for me, since I usually only lose 2 pounds on average.
That's terrific- it must be awesome to lose in Phase 2, I am sure the transition is scary!
Old 09-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #48  

Height: 5'7'

I spent a few hours cleaning up my closet and 'shopping in my closet' over the weekend. I am down a size and feel so good putting on some of my more favorite clothes.

It was super motivating to try on jeans that I haven't been able to button and now they easily go on!
Old 09-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
Good morning all. Mompattie, I feel your pain. Several years ago I put my youngest on the bus and it was miserable. However, it is part of the process. Our job is to give them roots, and give them wings. Your little one is going forth with the confidence and "wings" that your loving foundation has provided. Be proud, as you open yet another box of tissues. Sending hugs.

I am tearful this morning myself. I am so blessed. Forgive me if I bore you all with just a few items from my gratitude list...

DH, an incredible life partner. A great support. An advocate for those treated unfairly. We just won a huge victory for our daughter who was being discriminated against. Seeing her smile again is incredible.

DS, grown and flying on his very own wings. Starting a new job.

DD, light of my life. I am listening to her as she is doing her virtual schoolwork. She is singing arias at the top of her lungs. And somehow maintaining a 98% average while doing it. Learning how to follow through when you know something is right. Following her passion.

This amazing place where I live...

The Beasts, see avatar. They keep us warm at night and provide endless hours of entertainment.

My new body and the confidence that comes with it. It amazes me how much more effective I am as a leader at work and in my volunteer jobs. I am no longer a doormat. After all, who needs a "yes" person on their team??

Anyway, I got carried away again.. Have a great day, all.
Lots to be thankful for, I love that comment you wrote about work. It is amazing how productive and confident we are when we are feeling good! It enhances everything in life! I am slowly getting back there.

Lots of hugs to those who are dealing with sending the kiddos back to school and on buses and to those wanting the woosh fairy to arrive!
Old 09-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #50  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I'm glad someone else has put this in print. I keep saying I never grew up, but I feel strange saying it.
Now if I could only convince my body it doesn't have to grow old.

Gray and dreary and we've had an inch of rain in the last 6 hours. Quite depressing.

Tomorrow I see the doctor for the evaluation of last Friday's MRI on my foot. Yes, after almost two months, I still haven't a clue what's causing the pain. I sure hope the MRI shows something and they can fix it. My boss is pleading with me to not take any more sick leave, to just file to work at home. I've sort of been enjoying this. I guess it's like what retirement will be like. Too bad I need to work 21 more months until Medicare and have a salary for a few new bills that have popped up from DH trying to survive being unemployed for three years before he found me and we got married (long story told months and months ago in some forum post, don't worry, no wild internet romance - I knew him from high school and some time after)

Have a good OP rest of today.
Molly

sending you some sun!!

i too...am like you...i never grew up...thank goodness my dh loves me all the more because i'm such a kid at heart!!

i sure hope you find out some info on your foot!! i had a bad bone spur and it took months to heal and having a bum foot is one of the most inconvenient things to deal with!! after all...our feet carry us everywhere!!
Old 09-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #51  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
Hey all! My first post here! OP for 3 weeks and have lost 11 pounds. Although I usually eat pretty healthy, I have to say I'm starting to REALLY want some other foods. I'm still 5 away from my goal and with some extra restrictions this upcoming week, I'm hoping to get it all out so I can move into phase 2. Anyone else really feeling the need????
When I started to get bored and crave things, I started to be more creative with my meals. If there is something that you are craving, check the recipe threads to see if there is an IP recipe for it.

Great job on the weight loss and staying OP.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #52  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

How about a nice glass of Merlot Just Kidding! But if you know of a recipe for that, I would forever be in your debt!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #53  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
How about a nice glass of Merlot Just Kidding! But if you know of a recipe for that, I would forever be in your debt!!!
You can use Rainbows mock wine recipe =) She pours her proti-thin grape drink in a wine glass.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
port,
Don't get concerned. I didn't have a clue what I wanted to do until my late thirties (took classes on and off all the time trying to figure it out). I worked at a lot of different things. I finally got my undergraduate degree 30 years after graduating from high school. With all those classes over the years, I have more than the number of credits it takes to get a doctorate, they're just not in the right place. Now, I'm ready to retire.

I'm glad someone else has put this in print. I keep saying I never grew up, but I feel strange saying it.
Now if I could only convince my body it doesn't have to grow old.

Gray and dreary and we've had an inch of rain in the last 6 hours. Quite depressing.

Tomorrow I see the doctor for the evaluation of last Friday's MRI on my foot. Yes, after almost two months, I still haven't a clue what's causing the pain. I sure hope the MRI shows something and they can fix it. My boss is pleading with me to not take any more sick leave, to just file to work at home. I've sort of been enjoying this. I guess it's like what retirement will be like. Too bad I need to work 21 more months until Medicare and have a salary for a few new bills that have popped up from DH trying to survive being unemployed for three years before he found me and we got married (long story told months and months ago in some forum post, don't worry, no wild internet romance - I knew him from high school and some time after)

Have a good OP rest of today.
Molly
Molly good luck with the foot. This has gone on forever for you!
Totally agree on the age! I tell everyone you are as old as you feel. And I still feel like it should be me going off to college!
Old 09-04-2012, 04:57 PM   #55  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

My baby started his first day of college today. We moved him last Wednesday and have not heard from him yet! He's trying out his independence but we miss him a bunch!
Had my WI today and down 3 lbs and 7 inches! 70 lbs gone, yeah!
Old 09-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 218.6/150.2/135

It's rainy in CT today. Kind of sums up my mood....started taking naproxen sodium for plantar fasciitis, and I am gaining weight - hoping it's fluid retention. Had a mammogram on Friday - the hospital called today and they want me to come in for some more films. It's probably nothing, but it's a little disquieting.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 209/136/140 R:224.8/200/145

Height: 5' 5

Default Chicken pattie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler View Post
Hope everyone had a great long weekend.

I seemed to struggle a bit this weekend, with slipping up and going out the other night. Bad choice, but I'm back 100% OP, so I'm staying positive! Afterall it's a new week.

Thinking about trying this chicken patty today, but I'm nervous and I've come up pretty empty handed on recipes around here for it. Phooey hoping I will find something soon.

Have a great day! Im enjoying my day off with a book and tea.
I don't have any specific recipe, but just wanted to give you a few hints about preparing it. Make sure you do not add any extra water! IIf you make it according to the packet directions, it will look a little "soupy" when you first mix it up, but once you mold it into 2 patties and grill it (I use a cuisinart griller, like a g foreman) it will cook fine. I crumble it up in my salad and its fine. Good luck!
Old 09-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #58  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good Morning All..

Well...good news...After the little love letter i wrote to TOM yesterday..it finally decided to show up today in full force!!! YAY for not having to deal with TOM when on vacation...Bad news: We dont have any advil so the cramps are killer right now...

Ive decided that im not going to look at my scale for the next week until things settle back down again and the bloat goes down..cause i always gain and it never goes away until a day or two after TOM stops...guess i will just have to wait a week to find out if i made my 40 pound mini goal...

Hey question: How do you know what your supposed to do with your life? I keep looking at college courses and i still have no idea what i want to be..and im 26!!!! EECKKKK
Port - You should think about what makes you happy, and look for a career where you can do that...
Old 09-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

I want to try the tomato basil soup/pizza tomorrow for lunch. I am off to find the recipe, but I may be back if I can't find it!!
Old 09-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #60  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Port - You should think about what makes you happy, and look for a career where you can do that...
Thats my problem..Lots of things make me happy..its narrowing them down thats the problem..and then there is the reality of life that comes into play..
For example: I wanted to open a cupcakery(shocker! i know) and specialize in cupcakes of all kinds for all diets..however...1) I dont have the money and i know nothing about business and 2) a cupcakery will not work where i live..it will not attract customers as its a small town..for the same reason you dont open another restraunt or cafe..we have too many for are small town of 4500 people..

Then i wanted to do something medical..like annesstisia assistant in the hospital or a surgeon (Problem is..1) i suck at math, im not good enough at math to be able to move forward in that schooling and 2) $$$ and 3) i live in a town that has no university.. i would have to do college studies and transfer which means leaving my hubby and then what would i do with my daughter as i am her sole caregiver while my husband works full time and we dont have money to put her in daycare..she isnt even old enough for daycare out here yet..

Then i think..Psycologist ..or counsellor...1) im screwed up as it is with PTSD and un-resolved issues.. i would need to become my own counsellor before i could even become someone elses counsellor..ive got so much stuff to work through from my past...

It just seems like every single idea i get for what i want to do for a career..has some serious roadblocks and i dont even know how to jump over mountains that high let alone climb them...

I thought i wanted to be a social worker..and now i have no clue what i want to be.. i dont know if thats what i want anymore..
Closed Thread