Old 08-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceinseattle View Post
I used to stress out, often wondering if I was in or out of ketosis during several times in a day and getting the ketostix really helps. I usually just have a "trace" reading but if I am slacking on water it shows up darker. It shouldn't even matter because once you're in ketosis, you're in it, regardless of where you figure in the reading.

I've also recently switched to alternatives and have taken to using MyFitnessPal to count my calories/carbs/protein/fat intake but it doesn't help me as much. I just make sure I eat products that are good dupes of the IP stuff, ingredients and stat wise.
I do alternative and just follow the IP protocol sheets. It works for me.
Blueskywyoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #17  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
I'm a numbers person so out of curiosity I put all my food and drinks into the My Fitness Pal food tracker which I've been using forever (or so it feels). I'm into my third week on IP and the max net carbs I've had was 40 and the least was 23. Calories average about 850 and fat about 42 max and 23 at the lowest. I love seeing what I've consumed on a daily basis.
Me too. I'm on FatSecret.com, and have done it daily since I started in April. I enjoy having the documented record to look back on. It's replaced the filling out of the journal which I did the period of time I was with IP and had a coach. Your figures are quite close to what my averages are too. My daily protein is around half of my weight, which I read somewhere is a proper range. I weight 175 at present, so I stay around 90g protein for the day. I saw in the IP coaching videos that we're to stay within a range of 25-40 net carbs/day, so I make sure I don't go over the 40 - and I keep below 30g fat/day as much as possible. My weakness is that I like coconut oil, and know I tend to use a bit more at times than is strictly correct for this diet. I really watch to keep the sugar low - it's rarely over 20g/day.

My weight loss has been slow, so I think I should probably try to cut back a bit more on carbs and fat - but I feel good, and I don't feel deprived or stressed this way, and that keeps me feeling motivated. At my current rate of loss I'll reach my goal by Christmas and that suits me fine.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:08 AM   #18  
Dieting Since Birth!

S/C/G: 308/ Ticker /208

My Protein averages around 100g a day...
3 eas carbvantage shakes: 51g
Meat 8 oz: usually around 45g
a few from veggies
a few from egg whites

Carbs:
I stay at 20g a day or under...and I do no restricted items.
Weight loss: 50lbs today since July 3rd
Cheers
Jake
mammoth357 is offline   Reply With Quote