Old 08-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #61  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saradise View Post
Has anyone made the zucchini chips in the dehydrator? How long do you leave them in there and what are they like afterwards?

I made some the other day in the oven on 200 degrees for 2 hours. I agree with GoalFor40, that the best ones were the crispy brown ones. However, it took so long for them to get to that point and they all shriveled up to the size of a dime. They were soooooo small! I'm considering re-trying in the dehydrator....just wondering if that works better and for how long to leave them in?

Week 1 WI: -6.6
Week 2 WI: -2.4
In the dehydrator - set it for about 140 - takes about 2 hours, or longer if you slice them thick. I think if you slice them thicker, they will not shrink so much, I think. Mine are not as small as a dime, in any case.
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #62  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Fever is finally gone. I just shaved for the first time in a week and feel much better. School starts tomorrow. I'm bringing the kids to the Champlain Valley Fair today! Lots of fun.
Glad to hear you're feeling better! Hope you had a great day at the fair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
WEnt to the chiropractor on Friday (also where the clinic is). So while I was there I did weigh in a day early and was down another 3 lbs. WOO HOO!!!

50.6lbs gone forever!!!! Just 9.6lbs till I get into onederland!!! I cannot wait!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by clh99002 View Post
No change for WI#6 due to TOM. But down 1.2% body fat. Yay!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I just wanted to poke my head in and let everyone know I am doing ok. I haven't posted in a while. I am in maintenance now and learning how the rest of my life will be. I miss the simplicity of phase 1 and 2. I think I will tend to eat a phase 3 lifestyle most days. Its easy and I feel the best on those days. I feel wonderful and I have recovered completely from my hysterectomy. Exercising again and it feels wonderful. I have my mojo back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post
Just back from my WI and down 3.2 lbs. I'll take it as I had no loss last week. My scale showed 2 lbs less than that this morning, oh well.
Hooray for successes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
Well Hurricane Isaac is headed straight for my house I am at work right now, but will probably be off the rest of the week until next Tuesday being Monday is labor day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
Just know, we in the Louisiana National Guard are ready to act. I am with a Military Police Battalion and we spent the weekend getting all of our vehicles ready for action. Filled up all the tires, fuel tanks, checked all the fluid levels/hoses/etc. They are ready and we are too. I am sitting here at work with my cell phone very close by in case I do get that call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Thanks for your service Jwdesslle, Aimee, WE will be fine....stay positive.....we have lots of prayers coming our way!
Praying for all of you tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Hi All...

So im feeling like a debbie-downer today...I watched a show called "Extreme Makeover, weight loss edition" last night. I watched a women on this show go from 335 pounds, down to under 200...Supposedly she was 200 pounds overweight when she started.. She had a mini gym set up in her house consisting of a treadmill, bike and sets of weights...According to her trainer, she was supposed to do 4 hours of cardio a day, keep her heart rate up at a fat burning level and eat 1500 calories a day and then lift weights 3 times a week... Her trainer told her, that in 3 months her first goal was to lose 85 pounds!!! 85 freaking pounds in 3 months..and guess what??? She actually lost 79 pounds...so almost 85 but not quite...

So why am i depressed? Well.. im looking at myself and thinking.. I dont ingest more then "600-800 cals on a given day and ive added in a 30 minute brisk walk at 3.2 mph and i burn 155 calories..and my total weight loss to date is 33.5 pounds in 2.3 months. And meanwhile this women loses almost 80 pounds..whats wrong here? Im almost feeling like im not doing enough..like should i be increasing my cardio more??? or what??? it makes all my effort and time on this diet look like one big fat joke! I feel so depressed...maybe im not doing enough.
It's been mentioned - but you can't compare your journey with "reality" TV. If you had nothing at all to do but work out, get yelled at by a trainer, and have a TV show provide you with all of your food and someone to help you cook it, you might be in the same boat. They set the shows up to be as sensational as possible, it's not "reality" for any average person. You are doing amazing, and there's no way you aren't doing enough. I hope that when I hit the 2 month mark I have done as well as you
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #63  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Arrgh!! I am really wishing my body would be done with TOM. This is making me nuts. I am sure I am getting close because things have been really unpredictable for the last year...

Had my weigh in today and I am dead even with where I was last week, but I lost inches (1 in the waist, 1.5 in the hips, etc...) and body fat % is down. I must be retaining water, but I really have no clue. The coach asked me if it ws my TOM, and I made some smarty pants comment like, "At this point in my life, how the heck would I know?"

Sorry for the rant - I just needed to vent!!
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #64  
IP Start date 8-11-12

S/C/G: 204/204/125

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
NSV#2 Went to work today and haven't seen anyone all summer and EVERYONE said "You look great! Look your pants are falling off you...wow, I can't believe how much weight you lost..."etc. etc. I really didn't think my weight loss "showed" that much (doesn't to me) but it sure felt good getting those compliments! Yaaaayyy!!
CONGRATS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
In the dehydrator - set it for about 140 - takes about 2 hours, or longer if you slice them thick. I think if you slice them thicker, they will not shrink so much, I think. Mine are not as small as a dime, in any case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i do not have a dehydrator....yet....still trying to decide!!
but i found this video and there are lots of others on you tube
hope that helps some

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRrM...feature=fvwrel
Thanks Lizzy63 and rainbowsmiles! I'm going to try it in the dehydrator here soon and see if that works any better. And maybe I'll try some thick and some thin, so I can compare. Also, going to check out the youtube video!

Week 1 WI: -6.6
Week 2 WI: -2.4
Saradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #65  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

We're having a freaky storm coming here and it's soooo eerie, and it's NOTHING to what you guys have coming your way. I'm thinking of you as I "batten the hatches" for just a rainstorm...sending prayers south
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #66  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Adding my well wishes and prayers for those in the storms path. Take care all.
Halfagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #67  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Just added raspberry sauce to my chocolate shake and am having me a new favourite! ....mmm.... Used to be able to buy raspberry hot chocolate and loved that, and now, here I can make my own!
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Oh, lousy day at the office, plus I cheated this weekend (I drank) and knocked myself out of ketosis (I think), so I'm having a hungry day, but I am back OP and feeling strong about it. Looking forward to starting Phase 2 on the weekend.

Lizzy63, I am right there with you. I went from February to August with no TOM. It was excellent.

I love cauliflower rice. So, so good!

And I am going to go unearth my dehydrator right now and try to make some (frozen) okra.
locopollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #69  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Me too! LOL! It was a razor a leg job, let me tell ya! Sadly, I have Polycystic (blah blah -- hormonal stuff) so while I get the big girl boobs, I also have the big boy mustache at times.... sigh... doesn't seem fair! Sorry -- TMI I know, but, hey YOU started with the shavin' talk This diet is actually very good for us Polycystics as I need that extra estrogen I've been storing in my fat ... hey, come to think of it, my "stache" is pretty light this summer.... wooo hoooo.. another NSV!!
You just made me chuckle!
fam4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #70  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Rainbows miles.......just had your muffin from the potato puree and it was delish! Had it with a burger.
fam4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #71  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fam4me View Post
Rainbows miles.......just had your muffin from the potato puree and it was delish! Had it with a burger.
great minds think alike...i had a burger and a bun tonight too!!! it was so divinely delicious!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #72  

Dreading yet excited for tomorrow. My first day back at work and my first day back to school. Tuesdays will be my LONG days and will be rushing from work to classes until 7pm. I will have to accept that it may be a 4 packet day for me.

I was super excited to have 4 eggs tonight for dinner and I shredded jicama to make "hash browns." Very disappointed in the hash browns and I couldn't eat them. I guess there are some things that can't be "mocked." So now I have rhubarb cooked and chilling in the fridge with strawberry syrup.
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #73  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Dreading yet excited for tomorrow. My first day back at work and my first day back to school. Tuesdays will be my LONG days and will be rushing from work to classes until 7pm. I will have to accept that it may be a 4 packet day for me.

I was super excited to have 4 eggs tonight for dinner and I shredded jicama to make "hash browns." Very disappointed in the hash browns and I couldn't eat them. I guess there are some things that can't be "mocked." So now I have rhubarb cooked and chilling in the fridge with strawberry syrup.
wishing you luck tomorrow!!!!

on the hashbrowns...have you ever tried grated turnips with a little dried shallots added in....they really do make pretty good hashbrowns!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:50 PM   #74  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Me too! LOL! It was a razor a leg job, let me tell ya! Sadly, I have Polycystic (blah blah -- hormonal stuff) so while I get the big girl boobs, I also have the big boy mustache at times.... sigh... doesn't seem fair! Sorry -- TMI I know, but, hey YOU started with the shavin' talk This diet is actually very good for us Polycystics as I need that extra estrogen I've been storing in my fat ... hey, come to think of it, my "stache" is pretty light this summer.... wooo hoooo.. another NSV!!
Bahaahahahahaahha! You are a hoot!
CarCamMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:50 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
wishing you luck tomorrow!!!!

on the hashbrowns...have you ever tried grated turnips with a little dried shallots added in....they really do make pretty good hashbrowns!!
I will have to try that! Thanks Rainbow!
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote