S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

working on tracker ha ha
Old 08-17-2012, 11:17 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 177/177/145

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I actually love the chili - I add 1 cup of chopped zucchini to make it a little heartier. I've also done it as stuffing for a stuffed pepper. I make up the chili per the directions, then mix with 1/2 cup cauli rice. Stuff that in a hollowed out parboiled pepper, and bake at 375 for about 15 minutes

You add about 4oz water, then microwave for 1-2 minutes. Nice and easy!
Awesome! I plan on trying several suggestions!!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:54 PM   #139  
lcmd09

S/C/G: 223/172/150

Height: 5'4"

Well, had WI#4 yesterday, and had lost another 4 lbs. But this time it was mostly muscle, whereas last time it was up 3 lbs muscle and down 5 lbs total. Anyone else have experience with this or reasons as to why it happens?
Old 08-18-2012, 12:32 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
Cost Plus World Market is a good place to get syrups. They put them on sale too.
I guess Rainbow already said this.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:44 AM   #141  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodster View Post
Hi All...I am back from my vacation!! I have okay news...and GREAT news...1st the okay news..I had some difficulty getting all my veggies every day..BUT..the GREAT news..I stayed 100% OP....and survived Six Flags...Milwaukee Zoo...AND....a State fair!! Yes...I survived a State fair and stayed 100% OP!!! I am SO SO SO SO proud of myself as I used to have such a sweet tooth...but I am 5 weeks in the program and just stayed strong and reminded myself that losing weight is SO much more important to me right now that a few moments of something tasting good!! I have my WI tomorrow and I am nervous to see what happens....but very happy with myself that I was true to my commitment. I'm not sure how that falling short in my veggies will affect my weight loss...but I am so happy with making it through that I will take whatever the scale says and my NS victory was monumental in my mind!!
Awesome!!!!!! Way to go!!!!! I'm checking in from vacation, and I've had the same week as you!!! Amusement park, zoo, dinosaur museum, traveling....lots of planning but DO-ABLE to be 100%!!!! I'm so proud of myself!! Stopped at a grocery store for a veggie tray for lunch while DH and kids ate out. So many successes, I can't wait for WI!
Old 08-18-2012, 12:57 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodster View Post
Hi All...I am back from my vacation!! I have okay news...and GREAT news...1st the okay news..I had some difficulty getting all my veggies every day..BUT..the GREAT news..I stayed 100% OP....and survived Six Flags...Milwaukee Zoo...AND....a State fair!! Yes...I survived a State fair and stayed 100% OP!!! I am SO SO SO SO proud of myself as I used to have such a sweet tooth...but I am 5 weeks in the program and just stayed strong and reminded myself that losing weight is SO much more important to me right now that a few moments of something tasting good!! I have my WI tomorrow and I am nervous to see what happens....but very happy with myself that I was true to my commitment. I'm not sure how that falling short in my veggies will affect my weight loss...but I am so happy with making it through that I will take whatever the scale says and my NS victory was monumental in my mind!!
Jodster, that is great! Remember today as a real victory !
Old 08-18-2012, 01:51 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 297/297/175

Height: 5'5"

I have been feeling really off these past 4 days. I am so hungry that I could eat a horse and a half! Also I am sick witha cough that is non stop. AND I've been having the worst tummy pains. Almost like a stabbing/pinching pain. Its so weird considering im wrapping up my 4th week on IP.

I must admit I have been a bad girl and havent been measuring my veggies. I find that 4 cups isnt enough. My coch said that a lot of them are 'free' but everything on here states that only lettuce is free...

Anyway Im looking forward to the weekend even though I have a cold. I hope you all have a GREAT weekend!

Happy Birthday to all of you celebrating this week and also god luck to anyone with WI's!

Last edited by SheenaB; 08-18-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:49 AM   #144  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheenaB View Post
I have been feeling really off these past 4 days. I am so hungry that I could eat a horse and a half! Also I am sick witha cough that is non stop. AND I've been having the worst tummy pains. Almost like a stabbing/pinching pain. Its so weird considering im wrapping up my 4th week on IP.

I must admit I have been a bad girl and havent been measuring my veggies. I find that 4 cups isnt enough. My coch said that a lot of them are 'free' but everything on here states that only lettuce is free...

Anyway Im looking forward to the weekend even though I have a cold. I hope you all have a GREAT weekend!

Happy Birthday to all of you celebrating this week and also god luck to anyone with WI's!
I've found that illness is a real trigger for me: either my illness or one of my children's illnesses. It seems like both my head hunger and my regular hunger increase during times of illness.

I hope you feel better soon! My littlest guy had a horribly high fever for the last three days; he just broke it when my next guy up started in. Sigh. Thank goodness, I am NOT actually eating in response to the stress, but I sure feel like it!

Old 08-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcmd09 View Post
Well, had WI#4 yesterday, and had lost another 4 lbs. But this time it was mostly muscle, whereas last time it was up 3 lbs muscle and down 5 lbs total. Anyone else have experience with this or reasons as to why it happens?
LCMD, I am not positive (not in the medical field - just my thoughts) but believe that extra water is directed to stressed muscle, so if you exercised the previous day, as muscles were used, stressed - as in a little weight training or running or just walking faster than normal, as the muscle fibers heal and strengthen from the exertion, water is accumulated in the muscle to bring helpful nutrients to the "injured" tissue and "protect" it. This is why swelling also happens when tissue is injured. In the case of exercise, it's not that the tissue is injured at all, this is just how muscles grow. Even a little extra activity can cause this, hence the day after exercise you may have weight gain - but its just water your muscles are using to help them along and that water is usually flushed out the next day or two. This is my understanding - if anyone else has some thoughts here, please chime in on the weekend thread as I'll be closing out this one as soon as I finish this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheenaB View Post

Sheena,
The 4 c limit on veggies is hard and fast because veggies have carbs and those carbs add up quickly. I know because this happened to me - I was pretty hungry, ate extra veggie puree made into thick soups - my weight loss stalled. So I started examining the carbs in my favorite veggies and there it was - lots of carbs. Too many, especially if you use a lot of roasted cauliflower. At the same time someone posted a thread about the same topic but had the carbs listed. I will post this in the weekend thread for all to see. Food for thought - literally. Not sure who posted this originally, but thank you.
Closed Thread