Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionNista View Post
Hi everyone! New to this site so wanted to properly introduce myself! I'm Jaye and I will be starting the IP diet! I'm excited as I know I have a long journey ahead of me and I'm looking forward to the challenge. Y'all have a blessed day..
You will love it, and Welcome!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody ! Rise and shine !

Had another good walk this morning, saw 2 blue herons in flight and 1 eating a fish. Today, I go see my doctor, so I really want to finish the house cleaning in case somebody wants to look at the house while I'm gone.

Next Tuesday night, I am performing my songs at a songwriter showcase night, along with another songwriter. He's got a great bass voice and we will do a couple of duets too, which is fun. Am getting excited and nervous..

re. losing motivation, all I can remember from my Phase 1 time is that I was so amazed and grateful to get this second chance at life, that I didn't cheat for 12 months. The last 2-3 months were up and down, and more difficult, and eventually I got the feeling it was time to stop, especially when my BMI was in the 'fit' range. Before IP, I was basically a heart attack waiting to happen, and felt utterly powerless to affect change. My chronic fatigue/fibro/ra prevented me from doing so many things. I've said it before, IP saved my life. So, maybe keeping an eye on the big picture, what you want for your life and your future, will help you to stay motivated? This is a gift you are giving to yourself and to your families.

Good luck to everybody and have a great weekend, whatever you do!

Margaret
Margaret, what an amazing inspiration you are!
I really wish I could come listen to you sing. What a gift you have to be able to express yourself! Have fun!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 184/161.9/160

Height: 5' 8"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimiloo View Post
Morning every body. Day 5 here, feeling good!

Tomorrow is my birthday (35 UGH) so we were going to drop the baby and mom and dads while we go to dinner but you know what? I'm just not ready to eat out. I'm feeling strong, but I just don't want the stress on my birthday. Normally that would be big fatty meal, wine, cake. Not this time! I just don't want to put myself at a nice place surrounded by wine (ok it's mostly the wine) and struggle with not having a glass.

So I said to DH what I really want (and this is what i TRULY want, i don't feel deprived at all) is to go to my folks house, order in boiled lobster with lemon and salad and then I can sequester myself in my dad's man cave (awesome big TV and the most comfy reclining leather sofas) and watch Hunger Games (I didn't get to see it due to having the baby).

So that is the plan
That sounds like a great time to me. Especially the lobster! Have a wonderful and healthy birthday!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Hi everyone! New to this site so wanted to properly introduce myself! I'm Jaye and I will be starting the IP diet! I'm excited as I know I have a long journey ahead of me and I'm looking forward to the challenge. Y'all have a blessed day..
Welcome to the most wonderful diet ever. It will change your life -but remember - no cheating will lead to success. As it has been stated here many times - this diet isn't for the weak - you need to be strong and determined - sounds like you are! Have a blessed journey!
Old 08-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #50  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Happy Friiiiiidaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!

So excited, tonight is my last night of work before one week of STAYCATION! We really have nothing planned, but I'm hoping to get some really good QT with the boys before the bigger little starts kindergarten. And the littlest's 3rd birthday party is Saturday, at least I'm throwing the party so I know there will be plenty for me to eat!

Aimeloo - happy birthday! Sounds like you have the perfect plan in place. I went out to eat in week 2 and it was definitely too soon for me - I didn't cheat but it wasn't a satisfying experience.

Kaypix - someone else said it, but planning has really been a godsend for me and staying on track. I set up my whole week ahead of time, each day's packets are put in a day-of-the-week ziploc bag. All I have to do is grab that day's bag and go. I also keep 2 EAS RTD's at work for emergencies in my locker. You have come SO far and your photo from Sturgis was definitely a motivator for me!
Old 08-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

chloe, mine's the 23rd, so next Thursday.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #52  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Happy birthday to all who are celebrating in the next week!

Having a good day so far, excited to try out some new veggie ideas this weekend. I know it's been said a thousand times, but it bears repeating- I am so thankful for this forum for keeping me headed in the right direction!
Old 08-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 195/183/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Welcome to the IP family! Looking forward to hearing about your progress!

Big weigh in today, will be the first full 7 day weight in, the first was only 5 days. Hoping to be back in the 80's again, but I'll take any loss!

Have a great day!

Goal of 30 lb. loss before my parents visit for Thanksgiving!

Last edited by Pilgrimage; 08-17-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #54  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osohealthy View Post
Morning everyone!!! Hey have I missed the boat this week - or has our IPTV been disconnected???????.. Oh and decent WI today, although I thought it would have been better, but I'll take it either way and hope for the whoosh fairy next week.... Down -2.6
IPTV is on holiday and will be back soon
Old 08-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #55  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Week 7 weigh in was today, down 3.5 pounds for a total of -40 in 7 weeks. I'm thrilled. I am on vacation this week, so lots of food events/watching that my family did while I stayed OP. My reward was today with the 3.5 lb loss.

My brother noticed the weight loss. "Hey you are really loosing weight"! he says, and I get all happy... then he says "yah your boobs are smaller" and he laughs. oh well... that's my brother.

I got my Mom's dehydrator and have been experimenting with various veggies. I cut the zucchini to thin the first time, and it stuck a lot to the tray. I've done another round that just came out and I put parchment paper in the trays and it's looking really good. I also cut them a little thicker with the mandolin slicer. I love that thing. Anyway, I'll test out the kale chips this afternoon.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #56  

Good morning everyone! It is a beautiful day so I am heading out to enjoy it, hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 08-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #57  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Week 7 weigh in was today, down 3.5 pounds for a total of -40 in 7 weeks. I'm thrilled. I am on vacation this week, so lots of food events/watching that my family did while I stayed OP. My reward was today with the 3.5 lb loss.

My brother noticed the weight loss. "Hey you are really loosing weight"! he says, and I get all happy... then he says "yah your boobs are smaller" and he laughs. oh well... that's my brother.

I got my Mom's dehydrator and have been experimenting with various veggies. I cut the zucchini to thin the first time, and it stuck a lot to the tray. I've done another round that just came out and I put parchment paper in the trays and it's looking really good. I also cut them a little thicker with the mandolin slicer. I love that thing. Anyway, I'll test out the kale chips this afternoon.
Awesome WI! It's funny that some people can tell you that you've lost weight and you may think they're just being nice...but there's always that one person who's comment really hits home (in a good way!). For me it was my landlord earlier this week - the man so oblivious that he mowed over all of my zucchini vines last year....but actually stopped mid-sentence to tell me I looked like I lost weight!
Old 08-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

I've been struggling a bit myself.....not eating all the veggies and small bites of things I shouldn't have here and there. Last night I was at the Packers game....even though it was preseason, Lambeau Field is AWESOME!! And we had GREAT seats - my son's whole 10 year old football team was in the first 2 rows in the corner of the endzone. A few people even saw them on TV. Anyway, I was SO hungry, because I didn't have dinner before we went. I finally had a brat, no bun, no ketchup.

Tomorrow my hubby and I are in a golf outing...guess I'll be the sober driver!!
Old 08-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #59  
IP Start date 8-11-12

S/C/G: 204/204/125

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Good morning everyone. Today is a really "eh" kind of day, following hot on the heels of yesterday, which was downright miserable pretty much. Let's see, how bad was I yesterday...Roastbeef sandwich and french onion soup for lunch (1/2 portions at applebee's), and I got a Taco Bell Fresco Bean Burrito spicy for dinner, no I didn't eat more than one, but one was enough, and then had some mini nutter butters...I'm thinking I had somewhere around 150-200g of carbs yesterday...but some how I don't know, it's just, not getting to me I guess? I am having my IP friendly bar in the morning, not having a snack, but I KNOW I'm chowing down way more carbs than I should if I want to stay in ketosis...I'm having a hard time caring right now and I'm not sure why, I mean, I know I look pretty good now, but still want to lose another 10-30 lbs (going to stop each 10 lb increment, take a good hard look in the mirror and then choose whether to lose any more).

Has anyone else ever had this problem? The lack of desire to continue when you get to a certain point?
I have been in this "place" many times before! You know what I think the hold up is? It's that voice in your head telling you that you love food more. For me, I am having to consciously everyday remind myself that I will not let food be in control of me and that I want to be smaller and I'm NOT going to let my food temptations stand in the way. For me, it took just getting some motivation and getting angry at food for always putting me in this place. I can totally relate to you because this has been my problem for years. I have the one voice in my head that says "you don't look that bad, eat what you want and feel good" and I have that other voice saying "Don't forget about those small clothes you would like to wear". Finding this forum has been excellent motivation for me! I love seeing everyone's pictures and goals and it helps me hear that other voice a little stronger reminding me of what my goals are.

On day 7 today! Tomorrow will be my 1st WI! Honestly, I am really proud of myself for making it this far. I still have a long ways to go, but I am just taking it one day at a time!

Last edited by Saradise; 08-17-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #60  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saradise View Post
I have been in this "place" many times before! You know what I think the hold up is? It's that voice in your head telling you that you love food more. For me, I am having to consciously everyday remind myself that I will not let food be in control of me and that I want to be smaller and I'm NOT going to let my food temptations stay in the way. For me, it took just getting some motivation and getting angry at food for always putting me in this place. I can totally relate to you because this has been my problem for years. I have the one voice in my head that says "you don't look that bad, eat what you want and feel good" and I have that other voice saying "Don't forget about those small clothes you would like to wear". Finding this forum has been excellent motivation for me! I love seeing everyone's pictures and goals and it helps me hear that other voice a little stronger reminding me of what my goals are.

On day 7 today! Tomorrow will be my 1st WI! Honestly, I am really proud of myself for making it this far. I still have a long ways to go, but I am just taking it one day at a time!

This. Times a million.

good luck on your WI !!!
Closed Thread