Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Default Store bought KALE chips, not okra! Sorry :P

I had posted a thread about store bought kale chips and messed up my title, sorry about the confusion :P

Here is the link to it:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ound-some.html

I am interested to see everyones opinion of the nutritional content. I posted what I had gotten from the back of the bag (took pictures) later in the thread once I was a little less busy.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #62  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Molly, 3.2 pounds is great! Especially when traveling. How is ice cream making going?

Hi Sandi,
I exercise pretty intensely twice a week (but two workouts on each of those days) and eat an extra packet, sometimes 2 on those days. I always drink extra water and watch my salt and minerals and vitamins in general. I highly recommend you read the original book by Dr Tien, IP Founder. Go to the link in the first post of the Daily Chat and look up his writings. It will answer many questions. In a nutshell, IP preserves muscle tissue while on a very low calorie program, hence anything that causes a greater need for more calories takes away from the body's essential needs to maintain core processes and potentially the body can cannibalize itself - use its existing muscle tissue to fuel basic requirements (breathing, heart function, brain function, etc.). You don't want this to happen, think heart attack...don't mean to scare you - that's one of his examples - please read the book.

Netrition.com offers many brands and I found some new ones which seem to offer IP phase 1 compatible products which I just received but haven't tried. Take a look at these brands: Dixie Diner (mashed potato alternative), Big Train (brownie mix - this will be my "birthday cake" soon and 1 2 inch piece has 8 net carbs,, 140 cal.), Kay's Naturals pretizels (won a major award - forgot what it was but enough for me to buy some of these). I also bought Carb Counters brand "Bakesquick Mix", their Bisquick, which has literally hundreds of people giving it high marks and so I look forward to making chicken and dumplings (w/ LizRR's veggie puree as sauce) and other bready things. The carb count is very attractive and I see myself staying on a low carb program for a long time, despite being close to goal.

My body aches & pains are largely gone, budding arthitis of 6 months ago is just about forgotten - amazing benefits of low carb living. Have to admit, I also bought Carb Counters Fantastic Fudge Mix as I'm having some girlfriends come to visit for a weekend in 2 weeks to help celebrate my birthday and want to have some party foods in the house. Hope they're tasty...haven't tried these things yet.

Congrats on the NSV! That's huge and no pun intended. I'm right behind you, down almost 40 pounds - lots of potatoes on a 5'5" frame. That's a good visual, potatoes. I've been using 5 pound bags of sugar and in my mind, just stack up 8 of those and think that's what I was carrying around...my poor body, so much extra weight, no wonder I need so much less sleep these days.
Thanks! I will try the mashers & bakesquick.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
For those of us on alternatives, no one has made a potato puree equivalent, BUT you can get the actual Ideal Protein product at this website. www.plainprotein.com.

It makes great sandwich buns, check out http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...rainbow-6.html and the jalapeno variation on page 8.

Enjoy,
Molly

Hey, rainbowsmiles, get cooking again. Love your food.
Couldn't find the potato puree on the website
Old 08-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #64  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimiloo View Post
Thank you, I just placed and order for a number of them! I can pick up a jar at my local store if I need to for a few days until they come. I do have white and apple cider vinegar here, but also love salad with salt/pepper/lemon and evoo!
Nice! I just got my box today, but I have to wait until I get home from work to crack it open and enjoy the WF goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimiloo View Post
Ugh i'm feeling hungry! I know it's my body adjusting....but ugh. I just had half a bar and a cup of tea, i was planning on having the other half of the bar after dinner but I think i will have it and then maybe just drink tea or water tonight.

When i was eating my lunch i was like WOW this is a lot! (2C zuchinni with olive oil, salt/pep, 2 garlic cloves and a small handful of lettuce plus the IP herb and cheese omlette)

But here I sit, 1.5 hours after, hungry!!!!!
Hang in there - it will take your body time to adjust but you will get there! Keep drinking water, try some hot decaf tea (sometimes that will create a "full" feeling)...remember that lettuce is unlimited so if you need to, make a small lettuce-only salad as a snack. In the first week, my coach also said I could have 1 hard boiled egg a day if the hunger got really bad, but check with your coach. Good luck!
Old 08-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #65  
IP Newbie

S/C/G: 180/136/130

Height: 5'2"

Hello....this is my first post....I have been doing IP for 3 weeks now (3rd weigh in on Wednesday)....I am down 10lbs which is totally motivating!!! Still finding it hard sometimes to keep my hunger away......but totally on track and looking forward to losing the weight!!

I have been reading this post for a week or so and am finding how supportive everyone is!! Totally helps when you feel like falling off the wagon
Old 08-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #66  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post

Netrition.com offers many brands and I found some new ones which seem to offer IP phase 1 compatible products which I just received but haven't tried. Take a look at these brands: Dixie Diner (mashed potato alternative), Big Train (brownie mix - this will be my "birthday cake" soon and 1 2 inch piece has 8 net carbs,, 140 cal.), Kay's Naturals pretizels (won a major award - forgot what it was but enough for me to buy some of these). I also bought Carb Counters brand "Bakesquick Mix", their Bisquick, which has literally hundreds of people giving it high marks and so I look forward to making chicken and dumplings (w/ LizRR's veggie puree as sauce) and other bready things. The carb count is very attractive and I see myself staying on a low carb program for a long time, despite being close to goal.
Thanks for these tips on the mashed potato puree, I was hoping to find an alt product as well!
Old 08-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #67  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwbunny View Post
Hello....this is my first post....I have been doing IP for 3 weeks now (3rd weigh in on Wednesday)....I am down 10lbs which is totally motivating!!! Still finding it hard sometimes to keep my hunger away......but totally on track and looking forward to losing the weight!!

I have been reading this post for a week or so and am finding how supportive everyone is!! Totally helps when you feel like falling off the wagon
Keep your water handy for those hungry times. Good luck and welcome to the journey!
Old 08-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotsahope View Post
Day 7 for me and ready for the scale. I had a good weekend and as most of you have said it has gotten easier with each day. I am a little concerned about my attitude if my WI does not go good but plan to move forward no matter what. Have a great day IP
girls!
How did your WI go?
Old 08-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #69  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Couldn't find the potato puree on the website
Sorry, I have bought from them in the past, but did not check this time, just pasted in their address. Looks like they have every other IP product available. I have sent them an email inquiring since this has been my source.

Will let you know what I hear.

Molly
Old 08-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDay615 View Post
Good morning, friends! I had WI 4 today and have lost a little more weight. I am still craving pizza badly! Should I be doing this into my 5th week? It's making me crazy
About that pizza. You have to reframe your thinking. Sometimes symbols work.

Try this...find a pizza ad in a magazine. Make sure there is a picture of a pizza on it.

Take it to a safe place, maybe outside, over a garbage can...and light a match to it! Let that damn baby burn! Let that be the symbol for your big ol craving. Burn pizza-baby burn!

Last edited by Delgen; 08-13-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Good morning! Loving Phase 4, although I am settling into a hybrid of both 3 and 4.
Have a great day!
MaMaZu,

I have about one more week of phase 1, and on to phase 2. I am pretty nervous about phase 3 and 4. Do you get on any maintenance groups?

Did you find it hard to figure out phase 3 or 4, and what is the 3-4 combination?

I am really worried about maintenance, and I am really carb sensitive. The thought of adding carbs stresses me out!

Old 08-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Just had my WI for wk3 and I am down 11 lbs total. I am trying to be positive. But not really thrilled about the amount of protein. Any suggestions?
Old 08-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #73  

Just had WI #10, and down 2 pounds! Just 2 more to go until I start phase 2.

I moved all my small size 6 clothes to my closet. I tried every pair of pants on, and they all fit! It was like I did not believe it, and had to try them all.

As I started losing, I organized all of my pants in my closet by size. I have 16s, 14s, 12s, 10s, 8s,and now 6s. I can wear the 8s and the 6s, but the others are too big now. I have had those small pants for years. I thought I should get rid of them, but did not want to give up on the dream of wearing them again.

Glad I kept them.

Now I have to do something with the 10-16s! Crawl space in the mean time!

Rock on!
Old 08-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
MaMaZu,

I have about one more week of phase 1, and on to phase 2. I am pretty nervous about phase 3 and 4. Do you get on any maintenance groups?

Did you find it hard to figure out phase 3 or 4, and what is the 3-4 combination?

I am really worried about maintenance, and I am really carb sensitive. The thought of adding carbs stresses me out!

I'm going to start Phase 2 on September 1, and I am really worried about Phase 3 and Phase 4 also, especially Phase 4!!!! Only 2.5 more weeks of safety.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #75  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Just had WI #10, and down 2 pounds! Just 2 more to go until I start phase 2.

I moved all my small size 6 clothes to my closet. I tried every pair of pants on, and they all fit! It was like I did not believe it, and had to try them all.

As I started losing, I organized all of my pants in my closet by size. I have 16s, 14s, 12s, 10s, 8s,and now 6s. I can wear the 8s and the 6s, but the others are too big now. I have had those small pants for years. I thought I should get rid of them, but did not want to give up on the dream of wearing them again.

Glad I kept them.

Now I have to do something with the 10-16s! Crawl space in the mean time!

Rock on!
Woohoo for you! You're an inspiration - I have LOTS of cute clothes packed away, and I'm ready to wear my way down through the sizes while I'm reaching my goal. I would get rid of the clothes that are too big for you, there's no good reason to keep them anymore.
Closed Thread