Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 257/229/155

Height: 5'8

Does anyone know of any alternatives for the IP Potato Puree? That sounds amazing! Or is there by chance any website you can order any actual IP products from?
Old 08-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #47  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandilynne View Post
Just wanted to say hi! I have been on following your forum pretty regularly for a while now. I cant afford IP so I use alternative products and follow the program 100%. Its been 4 weeks and Im down 28lbs!! I do work out very regularly now and with talking to someone she told me to add 5-6 egg whites per hour of extensive workout or 2 eggs+2 egg whites. The lady whom told me this is now a personal trainer/body builder and had previously lost 180lbs on IP and after 1 1/2 years off the program she is healthy and in amazing shape! However everything I read says not to do extensive workouts/weightlifting while on this program. Can anyone else tell me what they have heard/been told?
At the 4 week mark you should be able to start working out as long as you have an extra packet or the egg/egg whites mentioned. I power lift 2 to 3x per week and walk most other days. Congrats on how well you are doing so far.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #48  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Default Consistent Effort

Happy Monday everyone!

Great job to all those that stayed 100%, especially those faced with situations outside of their comfort zone - you made it work! I need to learn that life doesn't have to stop for me to do this, and you all are a great inspiration!!!

For those who are just starting, good luck! My journey will begin on Wednesday 8/15, and I'm really excited by all the great successes I see here. Let's see this thing through together, yeah!!!

For those who are struggling, I stole this from another site and wanted to share this wonderful quote:
Consistent effort, no matter how small, sparks magic, fills sails, turns tides, summons friends, improves health, burns calories, yields clarity, builds courage, and rewrites destinies.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi Lisa,
I am so impressed with your show of willpower. You are totally amazing and a great role model!

So few could do what you just did this weekend. Now that you've done that, there is no stopping you - you will make goal and be just where you want to before you know it!

I will look forward to your continued success!

Have a great day and keep showing us how it's done!!

Last edited by Chloe222; 08-13-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

hi all, hope everyone has a great Monday ! Good luck to those who have Wi today !
Old 08-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #51  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
That's sounds fantastic! I'm on all alternative products and haven't found a potato puree any where. Everyone keeps posting all these fantastic recipes with the potato puree and it's killing me.
Quote:
Does anyone know of any alternatives for the IP Potato Puree? That sounds amazing! Or is there by chance any website you can order any actual IP products from?
For those of us on alternatives, no one has made a potato puree equivalent, BUT you can get the actual Ideal Protein product at this website. www.plainprotein.com.

It makes great sandwich buns, check out http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...rainbow-6.html and the jalapeno variation on page 8.

Enjoy,
Molly

Hey, rainbowsmiles, get cooking again. Love your food.

Last edited by WingnutandMe; 08-13-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #52  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Exactor - Love that tortilla idea. Do you use a non-stick skillet? I don't, but perhaps a little extra oil would work...

I gotta try Rainbow's sandwich buns too, so I'll pick up some puree today.

I have weigh in #4 today and I'm feeling optimistic. I've promised myself a pedicure when I am down 20 pounds. Don't think it will happen for another week, but you never know... I like the idea that there's a reward in sight!
Old 08-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #53  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good morning. My son will be ten tomorrow. We had a great birthday party for him yesterday, we went to see diary of a wimpy kid. It was the best one yet. Jack was spared because he was sitting with his friends and I sat with two of the dads who stayed. IV not laughed so much in a long time!

DW initiated cookie baking this morning. Whoooo Hoooooo. Starting the day with a big smile.
happy birthday to vets son!!
oh.....and....baking cookies in the shower is fun!! yeah baby!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
[COLOR="Green"]Good morning all! I'm back from a lake weekend with limited connectivity.

Rainbow, I'm so sorry about your friend's loss. I have a bestie that we've been friends 37 years. If she had a loss like that, I'd feel it deeply and I'd be on the plane to MI to be with her.

My lake weekend was a NSV. It was my first true "outing" test of IP power. We have gone out to dinner and I've done dinner with friends but THIS was a weekend of indulgence. We drink with these friends. I eat too much with these friends. It is the lake where overindulgence doesn't count, right? Only in my past life. I took some flavored seltzer water (no phosphoric acid [sp?]) and also bought some Lemonade Mio. I won't use that consistently but it got me through the weekend instead of vodka, beer or wine. I had my packets. I made sure to bring munch-crunchy restricteds and definitely kept my veggies raw (cukes and celery are great when everyone is crunching on dips and chips)

We had shish-kebob. I watched her make the marinade & she didn't add sugar so just what was in the worchestershire sauce and soy sauce. I brought my own WF coleslaw. Everyone had salmon & bagels for brekkie. I had IP Herb omlette with 1c colorful, flavorful veggies (peppers, spinach, celery).

Hubby sprained his ankle so there was a brief stopoff to get that x-rayed. On the way home, we stopped at a restaurant where he loves the fried chicken. I asked for a salad. All they serve is the chicken dinner & I couldn't even get the salad. I had green beans and chicken with the coating removed (best I could do). But on the table were also these: mashed potatoes, corn pudding, biscuits, gravy. All things I love but they obviously don't love me or they wouldn't have made me this FAT! I left them alone! All in all, a weekend success on IP.
thank you lisa....
oh gf....i am just pleased as can be at your determination!!! and willpower!! you have truly set yourself on a course for extreme success!! i love watching your journey....and am eagerly awaiting the transformation!!! isn't it great to be able to start a journey and already FEEL THE MISSION....and know that you are going to have a TRUE SUCCESS STORY...at the end!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
A great start for the week this morning. I am trying a new lunch shake...whoa watch out for some variety here in my IP land. Kale and chocolate... We shall see how well that works. Today is the beginning of a very busy week. DH has the week off from work and has invited a ton of people over tonight, tomorrow and his sister is coming over Wednesday. I am all prepped with the menu and what they are eating vs what I am eating.

Had some ahem "quality time" with the DH. And wow IP can work wonders for your confidence in that department. I have a great husband who loves me no matter what, but he is loving the new confident me.
loving the quality time!!! have a beautiful day!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fam4me View Post
Hello everyone.....started painting my son's bedroom yesterday, but ran out of paint. I suppose I should quit procrastinating and go get some more so I can finish. Scale seems to be stuck but keeping on track. It's got to move eventually. Have a great day!
good monday morning!!!! hang in there...hitting a plateau on that ole scale is daunting and can be so frustrating. but i know that YOU know....that as long as you keep doing what you know to be doing...ie....follow the protocol...that scale WILL RELENT...and release those pounds!!! hang in there....YOU CAN DO IT!!! I KNOW YOU CAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl66 View Post
Happy Monday everyone!

Great job to all those that stayed 100%, especially those faced with situations outside of their comfort zone - you made it work! I need to learn that life doesn't have to stop for me to do this, and you all are a great inspiration!!!

For those who are just starting, good luck! My journey will begin on Wednesday 8/15, and I'm really excited by all the great successes I see here. Let's see this thing through together, yeah!!!

For those who are struggling, I stole this from another site and wanted to share this wonderful quote:
Consistent effort, no matter how small, sparks magic, fills sails, turns tides, summons friends, improves health, burns calories, yields clarity, builds courage, and rewrites destinies.
love that quote!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
For those of us on alternatives, no one has made a potato puree equivalent, BUT you can get the actual Ideal Protein product at this website. www.plainprotein.com.

It makes great sandwich buns, check out http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...rainbow-6.html and the jalapeno variation on page 8.

Enjoy,
Molly

Hey, rainbowsmiles, get cooking again. Love your food.
awww gf....i will....sorry i haven't been much in the kitchen the last few days!! i will get back there!!
Old 08-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #54  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Hi Lisa,
I am so impressed with your show of willpower. You are totally amazing and a great role model!

So few could do what you just did this weekend. Now that you've done that, there is no stopping you - you will make goal and be just where you want to before you know it!

I will look forward to your continued success!

Have a great day and keep showing us how it's done!!
Thanks, its a mind over matter thing for me...I WILL be able to have it again ONE day JUST NOT NOW....lol
Old 08-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Alternative Potato Puree (Dixie Carb Counters, netrition.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning, all

Had my WI a couple days late and it was for 2 weeks. Lost 3.2 lbs.

Molly
Molly, 3.2 pounds is great! Especially when traveling. How is ice cream making going?

Quote:
However everything I read says not to do extensive workouts/weightlifting while on this program. Can anyone else tell me what they have heard/been told?
Hi Sandi,
I exercise pretty intensely twice a week (but two workouts on each of those days) and eat an extra packet, sometimes 2 on those days. I always drink extra water and watch my salt and minerals and vitamins in general. I highly recommend you read the original book by Dr Tien, IP Founder. Go to the link in the first post of the Daily Chat and look up his writings. It will answer many questions. In a nutshell, IP preserves muscle tissue while on a very low calorie program, hence anything that causes a greater need for more calories takes away from the body's essential needs to maintain core processes and potentially the body can cannibalize itself - use its existing muscle tissue to fuel basic requirements (breathing, heart function, brain function, etc.). You don't want this to happen, think heart attack...don't mean to scare you - that's one of his examples - please read the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
That's sounds fantastic! I'm on all alternative products and haven't found a potato puree any where. Everyone keeps posting all these fantastic recipes with the potato puree and it's killing me.
Netrition.com offers many brands and I found some new ones which seem to offer IP phase 1 compatible products which I just received but haven't tried. Take a look at these brands: Dixie Diner (mashed potato alternative), Big Train (brownie mix - this will be my "birthday cake" soon and 1 2 inch piece has 8 net carbs,, 140 cal.), Kay's Naturals pretizels (won a major award - forgot what it was but enough for me to buy some of these). I also bought Carb Counters brand "Bakesquick Mix", their Bisquick, which has literally hundreds of people giving it high marks and so I look forward to making chicken and dumplings (w/ LizRR's veggie puree as sauce) and other bready things. The carb count is very attractive and I see myself staying on a low carb program for a long time, despite being close to goal.

My body aches & pains are largely gone, budding arthitis of 6 months ago is just about forgotten - amazing benefits of low carb living. Have to admit, I also bought Carb Counters Fantastic Fudge Mix as I'm having some girlfriends come to visit for a weekend in 2 weeks to help celebrate my birthday and want to have some party foods in the house. Hope they're tasty...haven't tried these things yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Good morning! Loving Phase 4, although I am settling into a hybrid of both 3 and 4. It seems a lot of the maintainers find that works best.

A huge NSV moment this weekend.
I have recently rediscovered the cleansing benefits of lemon water, one wedge will last me for a quart of water. It really seems to help with the Big C.

For any of you struggling out there, life IS a struggle, it comes down to: do you want to struggle fat or fit?
Have a great day!
Congrats on the NSV! That's huge and no pun intended. I'm right behind you, down almost 40 pounds - lots of potatoes on a 5'5" frame. That's a good visual, potatoes. I've been using 5 pound bags of sugar and in my mind, just stack up 8 of those and think that's what I was carrying around...my poor body, so much extra weight, no wonder I need so much less sleep these days.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #56  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Molly, 3.2 pounds is great! Especially when traveling. How is ice cream making going?
Just chopped up the rhubarb to microwave. Then the true test of ice cream making. Will let you know later today. Juggling this with cutting up lunch veggies, paying bills, and trying to get ready to leave Friday. Whew.

Molly

Oops, just discovered the ice maker bowls must freeze for 8 hours. Report will be later tonight.

Last edited by WingnutandMe; 08-13-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clh99002 View Post
I just had WI#4 too, also down 13lbs! Looks like we are on the same path! Keep going and congrats!
Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimiloo View Post
The big mac salad sounds yum, i'll get that dressing for that alone!
A favorite!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I finally tried the spinach & chocolate & coffee shake yesterday, you are right, you can't taste the spinach! The only bad thing was that I didn't have the lid on the Vita-mixer tight and when I put it on "high" it went all over, well at least it got me on a cleaning spree, which has continued into this morning. lol.

Have an OP day
I love the spinach in my morning shake. I have used it with strawberry powder too, and it is yummy!!! I use coffee for the liquid. I gave my husband one yesterday, he also enjoyed it!
I need to clean my kitchen ceiling...maybe I should blend mine with out the lid to get me up there to clean!

Last edited by BLUEJEWEL; 08-13-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #58  
IP Newb

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Height: 5'4

Ugh i'm feeling hungry! I know it's my body adjusting....but ugh. I just had half a bar and a cup of tea, i was planning on having the other half of the bar after dinner but I think i will have it and then maybe just drink tea or water tonight.

When i was eating my lunch i was like WOW this is a lot! (2C zuchinni with olive oil, salt/pep, 2 garlic cloves and a small handful of lettuce plus the IP herb and cheese omlette)

But here I sit, 1.5 hours after, hungry!!!!!
Old 08-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Good morning! Loving Phase 4, although I am settling into a hybrid of both 3 and 4. It seems a lot of the maintainers find that works best.

A huge NSV moment this weekend. I was at the beach with family and realized last summer at this time I was in a bathing suit lugging around over 5 ten-pound sacks of potatoes on this same body! I told my daughter and we were both just amazed!

I have recently rediscovered the cleansing benefits of lemon water, one wedge will last me for a quart of water. It really seems to help with the Big C.

For any of you struggling out there, life IS a struggle, it comes down to: do you want to struggle fat or fit?
Have a great day!
I imagine just being at the beach 50 pounds less has to be quite the experience! whohoo!
I use the lemon water alot though I am going through about 2 lemons a day.
As I mentioned to you yesterday, I have been taking my Fish Oil Supplements and that has rid me of the Big C!
I missed the 160's this week...I really thought I would hit it, but oh well gives me something to look forward to next week. I did get into 20pounds lost though, so I am happy about that!
Onward! Have a great day.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #60  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Have a great day!
Words of wisdom! So glad you're doing well on maintenance. We are all looking to you guys to show us the way. Thanks for checking in...
Closed Thread