Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #61  
Started IP June 28th

S/C/G: 247.4/189/167.4

Height: 5'9"

Good morning everyone!! Hubby and I are still on vacation in Colorado and loving the cold crisp air so much that we extended our vacation another day!! Only thing is I only packed enough IP packages for our original stay. I combed through the alternative thread and just want to make sure that I have got the right things. I got the EAS shakes those I'm pretty sure are ok. I got the pure protein bars the 50g size. I'm not sure on these. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lesson learned, pack extra.

Hope those who have WIs today's have a visit from the whoosh fairy!!

Sassy
Old 08-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
You can't really accelerate it with lots of exercise and less food since that totally goes against the way the program is designed and you'll be throwing it our of balance.

Molly

You have mentioned the critical component of the program. It is very carefully BALANCED
So many people start thinking they can speed up the process by cutting back on the very carefully balanced plan. Most slow downs when people are "100% OP" are from cutting things out without realizing it.

I was thinking of you the other day. I went to Subway for the first time in forever.I haven't eaten bread for years. I ordered the salad which was great.
We ate in and I could not believe how good the baking bread smelled! I had a hard time giving up bread in the first place but now I usually don't pay attention to it, but this smelled so good.
So I'd really recommend the salad but will take it out the next time.

Pat
Old 08-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #63  
Lucky Lady

S/C/G: 212/191.4/150

Height: 5'5"

[QUOTE=scorbett1103;4431325]Hooray!!! Just got back from WI - I am down another 1.8lbs and lost FIVE INCHES! One inch off my bust, three from my waist and 1 off my hips! SOOOO STOKED!

We are so happy for you! Great success (ha, all around)
Old 08-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #64  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassyc1979 View Post
Good morning everyone!! Hubby and I are still on vacation in Colorado and loving the cold crisp air so much that we extended our vacation another day!! Only thing is I only packed enough IP packages for our original stay. I combed through the alternative thread and just want to make sure that I have got the right things. I got the EAS shakes those I'm pretty sure are ok. I got the pure protein bars the 50g size. I'm not sure on these. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sassy
You will be OK with the shakes and the bars....are they they 1.75oz bars? or the bigger ones? if they are the bigger ones I wouldn't eat the whole bar....maybe 3/4's of it. The 1.75oz are the size of the IP ones
Old 08-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 View Post
Good morning!

First of all, good luck to Scorbett on your WI today!

Also...thank you, Wingnutandme, for describing your Subway sandwhich. My question was probably silly. What is EOV? Thanks again...very helpful!

Finally, I have a couple of questions for you pros!

1.) Has anyone noticed a faster weight loss when you don't use the restricted foods, but instead use all three nonrestricted IP packets?

2.) What about exercise. I used to workout really hard...P90X baby!! And I've always worked out....generally for 2 hours a day (no kidding...my emotional eating over the past few months made me put on 40 pounds!). Exercise is a part of me. It's been hard to not do anything...my coach advises against it, or has told me to back down to Yoga & Pilates. In all honesty, I was on this program last month & after about 20 days fell off of it because I was so hungry (I was doing P90X, 1 & 1/2 hour workouts...primarily strenght training. I also noticed that I felt somewhat dizzy at times while working out). Any thoughts here? I'm thinking that I should give myself about a 2 to 3 week break...and then gradually add back in some Yoga & Pilates & walking. Maybe save the P90x for a later phase?

I'm sorry to ask those questions, just thought some of you could shed some light. At any rate...good luck to everyone today!
I am a 25+ year regular exerciser. I took five weeks off. Now I have begun to add in exercise, but I'm keeping it light. Short weightlifting sessions, walking and yoga. In Phase 2, I will raise the intensity. I did run about six blocks of my walk this morning. It felt good. At the start of the program, it was exhausting.

If you are going to do more intense workouts, you'll need more fuel. Talk to your coach about adding an additional packet on those days.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #66  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osohealthy View Post
Crawl, walk, jog.. Whatever it takes as long as you can say "I DID THIS" at the end and celebrate your success!

And the next time will be that much easier!!!
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osohealthy View Post
You answered my question about the Potato Puree and Crepe mix I figured if anyone would have figured this out it would have been you...

Guess I'll have to figure out a way to get my hands on some IP products!!!
there are good alternatives for pitas or tortillas but i have not found agood alternative for the packet mix....which is what i want!!! i love creating!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Hooray!!! Just got back from WI - I am down another 1.8lbs and lost FIVE INCHES! One inch off my bust, three from my waist and 1 off my hips! SOOOO STOKED!

And I've been shouting the praises of this forum and the awesome food ideas here...my coach wants me to lead the culinary portion of the next open house she has! So now I get to share all of your wonderful recipes and ideas with folks at my center!!
woohoo!!! me thinks that you've got onderland runnning scared gf!!! i am so happy to be able to see your journey!!!
happy cooking!!! chef scorbett!!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 12:06 PM   #67  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I went to Subway for the first time in forever.I haven't eaten bread for years. I ordered the salad which was great.
We ate in and I could not believe how good the baking bread smelled! I had a hard time giving up bread in the first place but now I usually don't pay attention to it, but this smelled so good.

Pat
haha i am so right there with you gf!!!! when i was in england...we would hit the subways there but i was in and out....taking that salad to the park!!! i saw NO need of me to just sit in a bread baking smelling place!!!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
thanks for the heads up just poked my head in there a min ago.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #69  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
You have mentioned the critical component of the program. It is very carefully BALANCED
So many people start thinking they can speed up the process by cutting back on the very carefully balanced plan. Most slow downs when people are "100% OP" are from cutting things out without realizing it.

I was thinking of you the other day. I went to Subway for the first time in forever.I haven't eaten bread for years. I ordered the salad which was great.

Pat
Hi Pat,

Glad you enjoyed the Subway salad, but sorry to hear the baking bread was a bit too much. I find it works on satifying me for bread. I love the smell. I often make bread machine bread for DH and just love to smell it, but that's all I need. Funny, as I would eat a lot with him each time we baked it pre-IP. I do appreciate rainbowsmiles coming up with "bread" recipes for those other times when you just gotta have something bread.

Molly
Old 08-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #70  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
woohoo!!! me thinks that you've got onderland runnning scared gf!!! i am so happy to be able to see your journey!!!
happy cooking!!! chef scorbett!!!!
Thanks!!! I am chasing ONEDERLAND down with a vengeance!

And I can't wait to share the awesome stuff YOU have come up with! IF you get up to MA I will make sure my center has YOU as a guest chef!

Hi, my name is Suzanne, and I am an IP friendly food addict
Old 08-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #71  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
. I do appreciate rainbowsmiles coming up with "bread" recipes for those other times when you just gotta have something bread.

Molly
haha necessity is the mother of invention... they say .... right???
Old 08-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmstacy View Post
i have a question...will surgery effect my weight loss ? Friday I have to have Dilatation and curettage with hysteroscopy
You'll hold water from the anesthesia.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #73  
Started IP June 28th

S/C/G: 247.4/189/167.4

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
You will be OK with the shakes and the bars....are they they 1.75oz bars? or the bigger ones? if they are the bigger ones I wouldn't eat the whole bar....maybe 3/4's of it. The 1.75oz are the size of the IP ones
They are the 1.75 oz bars. Thanks for the help. I know it's not as good as being totally on IP but I figured it was better than eating whatever was around. Definite lesson learned. Worst thing is, hubby told me to pack extra packets just in case and I didn't. Now I have to hear "I told you so". Lol!

Sassy
Old 08-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassyc1979 View Post

Sassy
You must be in the mountains. No crisp air here!

EAS Carb Control RTDs are comparable. Pure Protein bars would be a restricted item. Enjoy!
Old 08-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
You must be in the mountains. No crisp air here!

EAS Carb Control RTDs are comparable. Pure Protein bars would be a restricted item. Enjoy!
Agreed she must be in the mountains. It is hot and smoky here today. in fact, the mountains may have been stolen overnight. cant see them. ick.
Closed Thread