Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 06:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 8/17/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 08-17-2012, 06:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Yesterday was so busy that I missed the post by Aimeed3 about the shootings in St John the Baptist's Parish. I am so sorry for those families, to lose loved ones in this senseless and tragic way. As Vet and others said, it certainly puts things in perspective. Prayers going out to the families and friends of those who lost loved ones. I'm very sorry Aimee.

Last edited by Chloe222; 08-17-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #3  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone. I looked at scale this morning and am up 0.2 lbs. I guess pushing that lawn mower yesterday really helped build my muscles.

I hope you all have a great day!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 305/168/150

Height: 5'6"

I haven't been on here much lately, have kinda been blah and undisciplined lately. Decided to stop back in here and get some of the positive energy you guys send thru the monitor!!!! I have realized however, that I am no longer in the obese category of the BMI chart... woo hoo!!! Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #5  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

T.G.I.F.!!!!!!!!!

DANCE LiKE YOUR'E ON iP AND LOViN iT!!!

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A BEAUTIFUL

COLORFUL RAINBOW DAY!

Old 08-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #6  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
Hey everyone. I looked at scale this morning and am up 0.2 lbs. I guess pushing that lawn mower yesterday really helped build my muscles.

I hope you all have a great day!!!
Just some water brother.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Yesterday was so busy that I missed the post by Aimeed3 about the shootings in St John the Baptist's Parish. I am so sorry for those families, to lose loved ones in this senseless and tragic way. As Vet and others said, it certainly puts things in perspective. Prayers going out to the families and friends of those who lost loved ones. I'm very sorry Aimee.
yea i am about 40 miles away from there. i hope those 5 people burn in ****!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #8  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone. Today is a really "eh" kind of day, following hot on the heels of yesterday, which was downright miserable pretty much. Let's see, how bad was I yesterday...Roastbeef sandwich and french onion soup for lunch (1/2 portions at applebee's), and I got a Taco Bell Fresco Bean Burrito spicy for dinner, no I didn't eat more than one, but one was enough, and then had some mini nutter butters...I'm thinking I had somewhere around 150-200g of carbs yesterday...but some how I don't know, it's just, not getting to me I guess? I am having my IP friendly bar in the morning, not having a snack, but I KNOW I'm chowing down way more carbs than I should if I want to stay in ketosis...I'm having a hard time caring right now and I'm not sure why, I mean, I know I look pretty good now, but still want to lose another 10-30 lbs (going to stop each 10 lb increment, take a good hard look in the mirror and then choose whether to lose any more).

Has anyone else ever had this problem? The lack of desire to continue when you get to a certain point?
Old 08-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #9  

I'm totally feeling the lack of desire. It is there all day, and then something happens at dinner time. I have been eating too much protein at dinner, eating sauces in restaurants, dipping into the cashew butter, chewing 12 pieces of gum, and eating extra restricteds. Ugggghhh. I was so good for so long (3 months of strictness is finally getting to me). Gotta get back to it--today is the day!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #10  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyjo77 View Post
I haven't been on here much lately, have kinda been blah and undisciplined lately. Decided to stop back in here and get some of the positive energy you guys send thru the monitor!!!! I have realized however, that I am no longer in the obese category of the BMI chart... woo hoo!!! Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!!
WOW! You have lost over 100 lbs. That's fantastic. I hope you can get back OP 100% so you can get to your goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Good morning everyone. Today is a really "eh" kind of day, following hot on the heels of yesterday, which was downright miserable pretty much. Let's see, how bad was I yesterday...Roastbeef sandwich and french onion soup for lunch (1/2 portions at applebee's), and I got a Taco Bell Fresco Bean Burrito spicy for dinner, no I didn't eat more than one, but one was enough, and then had some mini nutter butters...I'm thinking I had somewhere around 150-200g of carbs yesterday...but some how I don't know, it's just, not getting to me I guess? I am having my IP friendly bar in the morning, not having a snack, but I KNOW I'm chowing down way more carbs than I should if I want to stay in ketosis...I'm having a hard time caring right now and I'm not sure why, I mean, I know I look pretty good now, but still want to lose another 10-30 lbs (going to stop each 10 lb increment, take a good hard look in the mirror and then choose whether to lose any more).

Has anyone else ever had this problem? The lack of desire to continue when you get to a certain point?
I'm no where close to goal, so not having that issue. You need to be happy with yourself. If you are happy at your current weight then just phase out and work on maintenance. Looks like what you had yesterday will get that scale moving in the wrong direction.

I hope you have an OP day today.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #11  
IP Newb

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Height: 5'4

Morning every body. Day 5 here, feeling good!

Tomorrow is my birthday (35 UGH) so we were going to drop the baby and mom and dads while we go to dinner but you know what? I'm just not ready to eat out. I'm feeling strong, but I just don't want the stress on my birthday. Normally that would be big fatty meal, wine, cake. Not this time! I just don't want to put myself at a nice place surrounded by wine (ok it's mostly the wine) and struggle with not having a glass.

So I said to DH what I really want (and this is what i TRULY want, i don't feel deprived at all) is to go to my folks house, order in boiled lobster with lemon and salad and then I can sequester myself in my dad's man cave (awesome big TV and the most comfy reclining leather sofas) and watch Hunger Games (I didn't get to see it due to having the baby).

So that is the plan
Old 08-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyjo77 View Post
That is awesome, keep it up!!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #13  

Location: Washington DC - or wheverever American Airlines is taking me at the moment!

Default Coach referral

Does anyone have a referral for a good coach in the Chestnut Hill/Philadelphia area? I'm finding lots of non-local colleagues are interested in doing IP but I hesitate to send them to some random clinic since clearly some coaches/clinics are better than others. I have a colleague in the Chestnut Hill area of Philadelphia looking to start and would love a recommendation - PM me if you have one.

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #14  
IP Reboot Mar 31/2013

S/C/G: 187/158/130

Height: 5'7

good morning everyone!!!
stay positive and do something good for your body today
like staying op
Old 08-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #15  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Good morning all - TGIF! Day 3 IP and smooth sailing. The headache is gone, and I'm finding the program easy to follow. I'm having labs done to see where my cholesterol, etc. is at my starting point, and have another one scheduled in a month. I'm anxious to see the improvement! No big plans for the weekend, but I have a lot of catching up to do with projects around the house. Have a great weekend everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

T.G.I.F.!!!!!!!!!

DANCE LiKE YOUR'E ON iP AND LOViN iT!!!

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A BEAUTIFUL

COLORFUL RAINBOW DAY!

This just screams happy dance, love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post

This is so typical of dieting, and has happened to me more times than I can count. Seems you get to a certain point where weight has been lost, things are definitely improved, and you become accepting of how things are before reaching the goal you set in the beginning. The honeymoon is over, and it's time to dig in with greater determination now. Look at it as beginning a second phase where the mental focus is more important that ever. Your goal is in sight - go for it. You can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimiloo View Post
Morning every body. Day 5 here, feeling good!

Tomorrow is my birthday (35 UGH) so we were going to drop the baby and mom and dads while we go to dinner but you know what? I'm just not ready to eat out. I'm feeling strong, but I just don't want the stress on my birthday. Normally that would be big fatty meal, wine, cake. Not this time! I just don't want to put myself at a nice place surrounded by wine (ok it's mostly the wine) and struggle with not having a glass.

So I said to DH what I really want (and this is what i TRULY want, i don't feel deprived at all) is to go to my folks house, order in boiled lobster with lemon and salad and then I can sequester myself in my dad's man cave (awesome big TV and the most comfy reclining leather sofas) and watch Hunger Games (I didn't get to see it due to having the baby).

So that is the plan
Happy Birthday a day early. Your plans sound awesome!!!

Last edited by stargirl66; 08-17-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Closed Thread