Old 07-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 179/140/135

Height: 5'5

Default Hard time getting in vegetables

I am having a hard time getting in my 4 cups of vegetables. I am just vegi'ed out and not sure how much longer I can do this diet because of it. HELP!
Barb4640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #2  

Many including myself enjoy a spinach smoothie for breakfast...it's a very easy and filling way to get veggies in each day. There are many ways you can do this but basically it's your shake (RTD or powder) and a couple of handfuls of fresh spinach in the blender and some ice...you really cannot taste the spinach and just need to ignore the green color if that bothers you. You can play around with how much ice and so on to add to get it to the consistency you like. Honestly, it really is a great breakfast, very filling and easy to make--if you commute to work, it's a great in-the-car breakfast.

I also have made myself cream soups using cooked or roasted veggies with some broth and the blender...I love cream soups so this is great for me.

There are many other ways to make things in the oven, I haven't tried that many, but I love my breakfast smoothie and my veggie cream soups!
swerdna59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #3  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

bellieup...i don't think carrots are allowed on phase 1

barb....have you looked all ALL the recipes on here 3fc...of veggies for IP??? omg...kale chips, mashed cauliflower, roasted veggies, spinach shakes, puree'd soups, i could easily eat 8 cups of veggies a day!! haha

good luck finding some veggies you love.
have you TRIED ll the veggies allowed??? there were so many types i THOUGHT i didn't like, only to learn how to make them a non conventional way....to LOVE them...

give veggies a try
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 339/307/180

Height: 5'7

I was feeling this way and I am only heading into week 4 until this weekend I found steambag cauliflower with garlic seasoning and it is soooo delicious. So I have tons of broccoli that I will now add garlic to in hopes it as good as the garlic cauliflower I found.
Immabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #5  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb4640 View Post
I am having a hard time getting in my 4 cups of vegetables. I am just vegi'ed out and not sure how much longer I can do this diet because of it. HELP!
I found this in the beginning as well, but found a simple way to get around it. I have the omelet every morning for breakfast, slice up a cup of mushrooms and a cup of spinach and add to it. There is 2 cups for the day gone!

I normally have a bar and nothing else for lunch, then for supper its super easy to have 2 more cups of veggies. Or 1 cup with supper and a salad with a cup of spinach.

If you try to just eat 4 cups of veggies with your meals, ya I hear ya, its a lot and not very exciting. I dont even notice now, in fact most days Im probably over 4 cups...
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #6  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

Yesterday I made some roasted cauliflower, just drizzled some olive oil on them, kind of rubbed the cauli through my hands so that the olive oil will get on all of it, salted it and also put some powdered garlic on it...then I put it in the oven, covered with foil till it was cooked, took the foil off and broiled it till light brown.WOW it was good!

Tonight I made a soup with 0 carb broth, chopped some kale, added some celery and an a slice of onion. I then sauteed some zucchini and bok choy till browned just a bit. When the kale was finished cooking, I added the zucchini and bok choy to it. I also salted it and added little garlic powder and pepper to it when it was simmering. Had that tonight with some protein on the side, (salmon) and it was pretty good and hubby was a happy man, lol!
I also have added cucumber and even romain lettuce to my shake in the morning, you won't even be able to tell. I've yet to try the spinach in my drink, but will do it this coming week. I hope you can find ways to enjoy your veggies, I hope not to get bored with them either.
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:46 PM   #7  
Veroli

S/C/G: 168/136/130

Height: 5'5"

Try the Chinese rice. You can easily get 2 cups of veggies out of the way. I add chicken, meat & shrimp so I can have it as a my dinner. I love it.
Another thing I love is the zuchinni or kale chips. Great alternative.
Veroli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

I got a julienne peeler and love it! I use it on zucchini and summer squash to make "noodles". They are really good in a stir fry with some sauce ( WF Asian or WF BBQ I've been using). Or sauteed in olive oil with garlic, salt and pepper.
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote