Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #61  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTots View Post
How do you make decent Turnip fries? I've tried a couple of times and the result is yuk!
I peel my rutabaga first, cut into fry shapes and par boil for about 5 mins. Drain and let cool a bit. Spread on parchment lined cookie sheet, drizzle EVOO and add salt and spices. Bake and keep turning. They aren't like normal fries. They are softer. But oh so good!!!
Old 07-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Thank you mompattie!
Old 07-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #63  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
I peel my rutabaga first, cut into fry shapes and par boil for about 5 mins. Drain and let cool a bit. Spread on parchment lined cookie sheet, drizzle EVOO and add salt and spices. Bake and keep turning. They aren't like normal fries. They are softer. But oh so good!!!
I wonder if they'd come out crispier if they are baked on a grid instead of flat on the baking sheet? I do that with homemade chicken nuggets and fish sticks to get both sides baked without having to flip them.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

Thank you Molly for the info on the Kale Chips...I think I will make them tonight.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #65  

Height: 5'7'

Well, I had my first WI today after re-starting IP on Monday. I am down 8.2 lbs and it hasn't been a full week. I am so, so, so motivated to be back on this diet. I had a great day of shopping with a friend and bought some necklaces and a scarf since I don't want to buy any clothes.

Have a great Saturday night, everyone.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 201/165/150

Height: 5"8

Quote:
I have taken fish oil and biotin from Day one and haven't noticed any hair loss. It was recommended on this forum to help prevent hair loss. I did IP last year, and noticed a lot of hair loss. This time, and my LAST time I might add, I took some advice and added these supplements and so far so good!!

Thanks Dana!!!
Ok I'll try the fish oil. It's good for weight loss anyway. Not sure what biotin is. Is it a supplement?

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't have that much hair to lose.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTots View Post
How do you make decent Turnip fries? I've tried a couple of times and the result is yuk!
I got the recipe off of allrecipes.com. I skipped the parm cheese obviously and used olive oil in place of veg. Oil. Basically I cut the turnips pretty thin (like fries) sprayed with olive oil ,sprinkled garlic and then sea salt. Broiled them for about 30 min. Just let them get brown and crispy ish. They were awesome! And I am a very picky eater! I have done the same thing with zucchini the last 2 days and they are good as well although if you don't cut them thin enough they get mushy.

Good luck!
Old 07-28-2012, 07:05 PM   #68  
Started IP 7/5/12

S/C/G: 186.7/172.6/150

Height: 5'7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Stay strong! I just caught up on last night's posts and saw you were baking your favorite cake and quickly put water in the bowl so you didn't lick any. FABULOUS!! It's all those disciplined moves that create increasing discipline that will not only serve you well on this diet, but also later in life as the good behaviors we develop in one area of life, spill over to other areas, and the life benefits multiply. These are all teachable moments for your kids (and DHs if need be ).

Stay OP and know you are making your daughter's birthday very special and these are the memories she will carry with her forever.
Great encouragement/reminder that as we develop good behaviors (like self control and delaying gratification in weight loss) they spill over into other areas of life, thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good Afternoon from Hardy!!

Happy to report after my official weigh in today that i am -4.0 pounds Woohoo!!! GO ME!!! Thats my biggest loss since week 1....I up'd my protein and increased my exercise and it worked!! YAY!!!

Anywho..hello to everyone today..slow day i see....Im off to watch the Olympics!! Im waiting for gymnastics...i love watching diving , gymnastics and swimming..Although i just gotta say...Canada doesnt do as well in the summer games as they do in the winter..We are winter people...

Anywho..happy OP today!
I've been thinking about trying a 'Coach 2 5K' routine now that I'm starting my 4th week on IP. After hearing your success I'm going to ask my coach about it and see if I can start next week. Way to go! Keep us updated on your progress and energy levels.
Quote:
This sounds so good I'm going to try rutabaga for the first time. Thanks for the recipe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I wonder if they'd come out crispier if they are baked on a grid instead of flat on the baking sheet? I do that with homemade chicken nuggets and fish sticks to get both sides baked without having to flip them.
A baking rack is a great idea, no more flipping! Thank you!!!
Old 07-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #69  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
Ohhh good luck with the temptations! Yesterday was only my Day 2 and there were trays of brownies, cookies, and cake at my work. Then someone offered me a reuben (my favorite) for dinner. Rough!
You are worth it. Good work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticiabean View Post
I just tried the ready made Mango drink.....IT'S DELICIOUS!!!! So grateful for a positive change to keep me motivated. Are there any other IP drinks or items that taste as good as that one?
I like the RTD vanilla and the chocolate powder is my favorite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
I'm picking up that we are not really talking about actual baking here - am I right? LOL
Nope it was MLucas who told us about baking cookies (making love) to the point she almost passed out. It was decided she needed an extra packet prior to that vigorous exercise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Cookie baking was started a few months ago by (and in my senior moment I can't remember her signature.) She explained she worked for the government and they had code phrases for everything to use in emails. We've sort of run with the cookie baking. Sorry for those who aren't up-to-date on it.

Molly
MLucas
Quote:
Just started IP, three days in and I've already dropped a little over 3 pounds! I work at the local hospital on the 3-11pm shift so I've been figuring out how to make the program work with that schedule (dinner can sometimes be overruled if there's stuff going on that I can't walk away from) but so far so good! Have to work this weekend, finish up a batch of cake pops (I have a small baking business on the side - fortunately I've done so much baking in the last year I really have no desire to eat the stuff I make!) and spend some QT with my kids and hubs.

I wonder if anyone knows whether there are alternatives to the vitamin supplements that IP provides? I've done a little poking around but in most cases the concentrations are different and the base ingredients are not the same form as what they give you. Just looking to see if there are more pocket friendly versions
I just went to GNC and bought my supplements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
WOO HOO!!! I finished my closet and dresser. Got rid of 6 bags of clothes. I kept a few of the big shirts as they look cute now with a belt and leggings. Who would have thought I would wear a belt? Definitely not me!

Feel so good right now...gonna shower and maybe put an outfit together. Just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the NSV!
Awesome!
Old 07-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #70  

Quote:
I forgot to mention that part. I think that helps to keep them cooked when heat gets all sides. I turned a few of the big ones, but it took too much time so I put them back in oven.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #71  
Veroli

S/C/G: 168/136/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I have taken fish oil and biotin from Day one and haven't noticed any hair loss. It was recommended on this forum to help prevent hair loss. I did IP last year, and noticed a lot of hair loss. This time, and my LAST time I might add, I took some advice and added these supplements and so far so good!!

Thanks Dana!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanibelover View Post
I also have taken the omega 3's and biotin since probably week 3, and I have not noticed any hair loss - was concerned after I read some of the posts on here. Biotin was recommended.
I am taking the Omega, multivitamin, anti oxy, enzymes... do you recommend to add the biotin? or is is too much?
Old 07-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #72  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Nope it was MLucas who told us about baking cookies (making love) to the point she almost passed out. It was decided she needed an extra packet prior to that vigorous exercise.
Thanks for helping me with my many senior moments (it's tough getting old). I had forgotten about her almost passing out. LOL It happening at all at our age is something, let alone almost passing out.

Molly
Old 07-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #73  

Height: 5'4"

Great day canoeing with the hubby and kids. I am always happy to not fall in! We haven't so far but always fearful of it. I ate a rice crispy restricted today and wasn't totally impressed. It tasted awfully chemically to me. Give me a peanut crunch bar any day. Those are my favorite!!!!
Old 07-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #74  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I just went to GNC and bought my supplements.
Which ones did you get? I'm not as worried about the multivitamin, it's the K-Cal and the Cal-Mag that I want to make sure i get the dosing right.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
Good Morning IPeeps! Had my WI today and down 2.8 - broke into the 180's finally and made it past 70 lbs lost! Since my 10 yr. old is 69 lbs - it's like I lost his whole body!

My loss has slowed down though and I still have a bunch to go - I'm going to Hawaii December 17th - I want to be phased off by then - for those of you who have phased off and then came back - (in case I don't make my goal by then) has it been harder to get back OP? How long does Phase 2 and Phase 3 last? Could I go on Phase 3 and still enjoy myself? Thanks for any help!
Soooooooooo hard to come back, haven't mastered the "comeback" yet. When I did IP for 5 months with not one cheat, I phased off and intended to get back at it 8 months now. Stay the course if at all possible!
Closed Thread