Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'3

I did't think to ask...can you have the ready-made mango drink in phase 1. It has 3 grams of sugar in it.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #32  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
LOL, at first I thought she meant actual baking too, but now that I'm on the 3rd book of 50 Shades of Grey, I caught on quickly to what she was talking about.
Cookie baking was started a few months ago by (and in my senior moment I can't remember her signature.) She explained she worked for the government and they had code phrases for everything to use in emails. We've sort of run with the cookie baking. Sorry for those who aren't up-to-date on it.

Molly
Old 07-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #33  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticiabean View Post
I did't think to ask...can you have the ready-made mango drink in phase 1. It has 3 grams of sugar in it.
All IP products are for Phase 1. Some are just restricted. I don't remember that even being restricted (been away from IP for over three months now - bad coach experience)

Molly
Old 07-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #34  

Quote:
It is very quiet this morning...

I hope everyone has a great Saturday. Another hot Austin summer day, so going out walking this morning before it hits the high 90's, some inside activity this afternoon to stay cool, and then we are picking up my son from the airport as he is flying home today from summer camp. Can't wait to give him a big hug, but of course these days I will have to reach up because at 14 1/2 he is much taller than me now. Still my baby though, I just don't tell him that as I'm sure I would get some serious eye rolling.

Have a great day everyone!
Oh they'll always be our babies is soooo true!!! I just can't imagine my boys with whiskers!! I'm sure not ready for that phase yet!!!

Whatever is happening with your body, its fantastic!! Maybe your body needed the break, the kick in the pants so to speak. It will be interesting to see what your coach says about it.

Its a hot sunny day here in Sask, we're having a relaxing "home day" after being on the road all summer so far. Picked up DS last night from camp, so have a ton of wet and stinky laundry to do today! DH is still in bed from a week of super early mornings for work. Watching the olympics and going to clean up the house. Tomorrow I head for the city, as I write an international exam on Monday. Wish me luck! Oh, and I had another whoosh this morning on the scale! YEAH!!

Have an awesome weekend everyone!
Old 07-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 227/227/155

Height: 5'3”

I'm a bit conflicted this morning.
Yesterday at weigh in I was 175 lbs. - I am thrilled cause my dream is to be at least 175 lbs.
I am far from slim, but, i'm wondering about whether I should phase off.
It's taken only 50 days to get to 175...I was not expecting the weight to fall off so quick.
I am now filled with fear about keeping it off....how I want desperately to NOT weigh over 175 again!!!
I guess i'll just try to feel my fear and keep walking forward.
Today is another day
Old 07-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Congrats on getting past the 70lb mark.

After 8 months of being totally 100%, I decided to phase off for most of the summer because I'm doing a lot of traveling, and the scale had slowed down to a crawl at best. I just knew in my heart that my body was tired and needed a reset so to speak. I phased off over a months time period with one week phase 2, two weeks phase 3, and one week phase 4 before going on vacation and eating anything I wanted (and I ate everything). This was my coach's advise on how to phase off. Even with the phasing off, I gained A LOT of weight during the week I was gone, and that was still with walking at least 2 to 3 miles per day. I freaked when I got on the scale once home, but still only went back to phase 3 because I have another trip in one week and didn't want to yo-yo all over the place with the different phases. I figured I would just lose a couple of pounds of water weight and then hit phase one really hard when I'm back from my next and last trip of the summer. To my surprise, even on phase 3, I've almost lost all that I gained in just the one week I've been back on. I'm averaging a loss of over two pounds per day. Now what happens when I get back to my lowest number is anyone's guess, but this drastic weight loss in only a week has been very surprising, a happy surprise, but still surprising. A friend of mine, who is on IP, said her coach suggest everyone phase off once they hit the 6th month mark for one month to reset their body, and keep the scale moving. I thought she was kind of wacky when I first heard that, but now with my experience, I think she must be really on to something.
Thanks so much for the information!
Old 07-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 201/165/150

Height: 5"8

I just want to say turnip "fries" are AWESOME!
Old 07-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #38  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Yippee. We're going to the cottage.

Now to figure out the food to take. Usually, I know weeks in advance and start planning. This will definitely be a test of my organizational skills. No, I don't have a cutesy travel bag like rainbowsmiles.

Off to pack.

Molly
Old 07-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #39  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
So those little bits of weight we lose really matter, its not just "1 pound" but a pound that's gone and its loss means prettier shape, here and there. Sometimes it takes a long time for this shape to become visible or at least it seems a long time when you're in the process. But when you look back, was it really all that long?

I spent the first 2 months wearing tight size 14 jeans, despite losing 20 pounds, which is almost half the weight I want to lose. Now wearing snug size 6 (my Tommy Hilfiger size 8 shorts are pretty baggy).

So hang in there and be HAPPY over every single ounce, every tenth of a pound, every pound lost!
Wow, Chloe, that's fantastic! I also just hit 20 pounds and now I notice it. Guess I got heavier than I thought I was.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Daughters 9th birthday slumber party.......pizza, cakes, chips and candy. I am working until 4:30, husband is home to receive the kiddies at 3pm. Games, tie dye shirts, nail painting and feather hair extensions to be applied hopefully before 11pm, as I am whooped being up baking my favourite cake last night until 1am and I have to work 12-8 tomorrow, after the kidlets leave.
Have a great party! I attended my twin granddaughter's birthday party lat month. Fun, and certainly IP doable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
We are taking our boat out to a lake today and letting the girls ride on a tube. I will just be sitting on the boat. No tubing for me. Then we are gonna camp for the night there. Should be a nice relaxing evening. It has been nice here the past 3 days, so we need to take advantage of it. I hope all of you have a great weekend.
That sounds amazing! Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satobb View Post
Last night I made rutabaga fries for the first time! Very yummy!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 07-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #40  
Lucky Lady

S/C/G: 212/191.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
Loving how motivated I feel now! I used to HATE cleaning but today I am on fire. My DH and DS are staying clear. I cleaned every nook and cranny downstairs now working on the upstairs. Can't wait to tackle my closet.

I am going to clean out my closet and donate anything that does not fit me anymore. That will probably get rid of 90-95% of my stuff but if I have it there I fear I will slip backwards and gain.

I still see myself 40 lbs heavier so hard to imagine all these clothes don't fit.

THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I should be out laying by the pool as the sun it out but I am just so motivated to clean. Maybe I will take a break in a little bit...but then I will probably lose all motivation and won't finish what I started.
How funny.. Must be the Saturday thing to do, I am well into the cleaning routine... Just finished the lower level and onto the closets next. It is a great distraction from the kitchen which will be last. Those cabinets are bad, bad, bad and they call my name when I get within 2'.. Figure I'll make the kids lunch and run back to the closets.

not quite ready to tackle my closet like you thou! Here's a hug to keep you motivated to the finish!
Old 07-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #41  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Good morning, even though it's afternoon!

Lounging a bit this morning and reading these posts!

I'm getting ready for my N.y trio next week.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 07-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #42  
Lucky Lady

S/C/G: 212/191.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassyc1979 View Post
Good morning everyone! Lots of NSVs this week, had to go shopping and get smaller shorts for our vacation!! Went from a 20/22 depending on brand to an 18! Long way to go but its a lovely start. Hubby surprised me and took me to the Coach Factory Outlet and got me a new purse as a congratulations for losing 20lbs and making it through my first IP month. Slightly addicted to Coach purses and its serving as a reminder to keep going.
Hubby is golfing and I got up early watched the Olympics and mowed the lawn. A good start to my day off!!

I have to say that I love my coach. I read on here a lot how some coaches frustrate people and mine is awesome. She is not a skinny girl and is doing IP as well and we share recipes and encourage each other.

Has anyone tried the new vanilla squares? They are like rice Krispy treats and I have to say that they are amazing!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone

Sassy
I love your husband! A new purse - that is so awesome. You'll be able to use that WAYYYY longer than a new outfit the way your losing!
Old 07-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #43  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticiabean View Post
On phase 1 and not restricted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Oh they'll always be our babies is soooo true!!! I just can't imagine my boys with whiskers!! I'm sure not ready for that phase yet!!!

Whatever is happening with your body, its fantastic!! Maybe your body needed the break, the kick in the pants so to speak. It will be interesting to see what your coach says about it.

Its a hot sunny day here in Sask, we're having a relaxing "home day" after being on the road all summer so far. Picked up DS last night from camp, so have a ton of wet and stinky laundry to do today! DH is still in bed from a week of super early mornings for work. Watching the olympics and going to clean up the house. Tomorrow I head for the city, as I write an international exam on Monday. Wish me luck! Oh, and I had another whoosh this morning on the scale! YEAH!!

Have an awesome weekend everyone!
You should have heard me when I first noticed his hairy legs, "You've got man hair." Now I notice his face is feeling a little rough. Not ready for it either, but of course it happens ready for it or not.

My coach didn't want me to phase off for vacation, but I've done a lot of traveling while 100% OP, even lost weight while on a cruise last March, and I really needed a break this summer if I had any hope of getting to goal. I love my coach, but we don't always see eye to eye on everything regarding IP. However I'm her biggest loser so far, so she doesn't say much, just gives me a hug every time I see her.

Good luck on your test this Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
I'm a bit conflicted this morning.
Yesterday at weigh in I was 175 lbs. - I am thrilled cause my dream is to be at least 175 lbs.
I am far from slim, but, i'm wondering about whether I should phase off.
It's taken only 50 days to get to 175...I was not expecting the weight to fall off so quick.
I am now filled with fear about keeping it off....how I want desperately to NOT weigh over 175 again!!!
I guess i'll just try to feel my fear and keep walking forward.
Today is another day
The weight does come off fast on IP, so don't phase off at this point, there is no good reason to. I was on phase 1 100% for 8 months before I took a break. The break was partly due to several trips this summer, and I felt my body was in a diet rut. You won't gain back your weight unless you slip up and eat the way you use to eat. Trust the process as I always say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satobb View Post
I love them too, but they always make me retain water for a day, so I never have them right before WI day.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Good Morning, What fantastic posts, today, as usual. And great weigh ins!
Dana, loved your post about phasing off, it makes a lot of sense. i am only on week 5, so I have a "weighs" to go, but good information if it takes me 6 months.
Molly: Terrific weigh in CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I am getting ready for a week away, beach camping. Annual Tradition...typically it is food, drink, cards, food, beach and food....this will be a huge test! I am bringing all the traditional foods my kids are used to, and then my blender and shakes and bars for me....

Question: I have not made Kale Chips yet, will those keep, or are they something you make and eat right away? I just thought having something a little different for me to snack on might be good.
OR does anyone have any suggestions? I am doing alternatives.

Thanks and happy weekend!
Old 07-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 201/165/150

Height: 5"8

I'm curious if anyone has experienced increase hair loss since starting IP. I'm losing like crazy and starting to get worried.
Closed Thread