Old 07-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #16  
On IP Since 5/25/12

S/C/G: 174/156/130

Height: 5'4"

Wow! Great feedback. Thank you all so much.

Where do you find the EAS carb control? Online or in stores?
shesaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:48 PM   #17  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shesaid View Post
Wow! Great feedback. Thank you all so much.

Where do you find the EAS carb control? Online or in stores?
I find the EAS CC in grocery and drug stores. Muscle milk light and pure protein shakes are similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
I use Premier Protein shakes (vanilla and chocolate). 1oz per cup (I usually drink 2 cups).

I wont ever go back to creamers, it will be either 1/2 and 1/2 or the shakes for life!! WAY too may hydrogenated oils in the other stuff.
I agree! Either half & half or shakes are what I am sticking to from here on out (when I don't use spinach! I can see drinking those green smoothies forever though, yum!).
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #18  
Start IP 6/25/12

S/C/G: 242.8/230.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
I will fess-up. If I can't have good coffee in the morning, nothing else in my day works. Not exagerating. Been a strong coffee drinker since I was old enough to catch a school bus in the mornings. Tried the skim milk - no way. Tried part of a vanilla drink - it was just "okay" as a treat in the afternoon, but I want my coffee my way in the mornings. I talked with my coach and I am now using 2 tbsp (1 ounce) of Fat-Free Half and Half (never knew there was such a thing). I have 1 tbsp per cup and have 2 cups every morning. I have lost consistently ever since. There is zero fat and the calories are minimal.
If something as small as this can help me stay on plan, then this is what I do. For all of the nay-sayers (haven't seen any yet - YAY!) I rarely have "extras." Some of you use lemon juice and lots of it on a regular basis, I don't. Some of you use Mio and WF products daily (and this is perfectly okay - please don't think I am saying it is not). I have found that my losses were lower when I had Mio and WF every day, but once I stopped my losses increased. I have not noticed the FF Half and Half lower my losses. In fact, I lost over 5 pounds last week!
Soooo, this was a long message, just to say that I use Fat Free Half and Half (Land of Lakes) in my coffee every morning, and I am happy momma. If momma aint happy, aint nobody happy!
I woman after my heart!

About the fat free half and half: does it taste good? my coffee(s) sustain me in the morning from 6:30 a.m. till at least 9 or 10 a.m. it's just so good and warm and filling. (and NO sugar, touches my coffee). Before I even have my breakfast, I've had 24 ozs of coffee with 2 tbsp half and half and about 40 ozs of water. I am willing to try the fat free to save some fat and calories, as long as it tastes good.

Hurray for us rebels who refuse to give up our half and half! And I can't even think about letting any of the chemically stuff in my good coffee, blech!

~phoenix~
PhoenixRisingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #19  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

I Miss My Lattes!!!!!!!
jmuroff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #20  

I am so jealous of the range of products you have state side!!!

I use 2%. I am down about 13 in two weeks.
shardianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
Soooo, this was a long message, just to say that I use Fat Free Half and Half (Land of Lakes) in my coffee every morning, and I am happy momma. If momma aint happy, aint nobody happy!
This seriously just made my day
Cole3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #22  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRisingAgain View Post
I woman after my heart!

About the fat free half and half: does it taste good? my coffee(s) sustain me in the morning from 6:30 a.m. till at least 9 or 10 a.m. it's just so good and warm and filling. (and NO sugar, touches my coffee). Before I even have my breakfast, I've had 24 ozs of coffee with 2 tbsp half and half and about 40 ozs of water. I am willing to try the fat free to save some fat and calories, as long as it tastes good.

Hurray for us rebels who refuse to give up our half and half! And I can't even think about letting any of the chemically stuff in my good coffee, blech!

~phoenix~
Hurray for us Rebels! LOL! As far as the taste, I love it. Compared the the skim milk, it is awesome. I'm not sure how it would work in traditional recipes, like holiday cooking, but it really makes the coffee full-bodied and rich.
mylastdiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #23  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole3 View Post
This seriously just made my day
Glad I made you smile! Try the Fat Free Half and Half. I think you will like it.

I just checked the carton. A 2 tbsp serving (one ounce) is 3 grams of carbs, 0 fat and 20 calories. I have 2 cups, 1 tbsp cream added to each.
mylastdiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

I drink coffee all day long, hot and iced. Used to use skim milk, but because of the amount of coffee I drink I have opted to go black. I used to drink it black years ago any way. I do miss my lattes on occassion, but as of right now, I choose to stay completely away from the milk, because I dont want it rocking the boat!!! things are doing just fine as they are.
Love that coffee is a subject of the boards....I LOVE COFFEE!!
for those who are kindly concerned, yes I am drinking my water too!!!
BLUEJEWEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #25  

Default Coffee.

i was soooooo addicted to coffee and nothing short of light cream would do for me. To be honest it was more coffee flavored cream

One thing i was very glad for before starting IP was i swapped to decaf a few months before.. The cravings went down dramatically so did my blood sugar numbers. They went from 150s after breakfast to 130s. SO still used a ton of cream. lots of sugar and fat in that. So I now brew a small cup of coffee put it in a blender with 6 or so ice cubes.. then dump in the pre-made Vanilla drink from IP i don't use the powder just the pre-made vanilla dump it in. Then i add in a dash of Cinnamon a few drops of vanilla extract *the real stuff* and blend!
Its amazing! Nice coffee creamy yum shake.
celtsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #26  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Now in Phase 3 I am using 1/2-1 cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk in my morning coffee with Sweetleaf Liquid Stevia. 1 cup has 30 calories, 2g fat, 1g protein, 1g carb - I make sure my Phase 3 Breakfast recipes leave me enough wiggle room nutritionally to add in my beloved creamy coffee!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #27  

I use pure protein rtd vanilla and find it at walmart
mommyskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:20 PM   #28  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I asked my coach why we had to use milk instead of cream. She explained that the overall goal of this program is healthy eating so that's why they discourage the heavier cream over milk. I love my coffee too (especially Timmies in Canada), but I've switched to decaf when I have one now so that's a NSV for me.
This is a way of life. For some people, that 3g of carbs from the cream may make a diff to their weight loss. For some people, not having a good coffee may make them resist this plan = even worse for your weight loss. We all have to make our own choices about what works for us, but I did enjoy reading about some other suggestions on what people do to jive up the java!
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #29  

S/C/G: re-start date 4/1/13

I used to have A LOT of creamer in my coffee. No sweetener. On IP I am now drinking my coffee black. I really do not like it that way at all, but I have found out that if I eat something sweet like an IP bar or IP cookie I can manage my black coffee better as I use it to cut the sweet. I never in a MILLION years thought I would drink black coffee but my commitment to this program is very strong and I do not want to do anything to ruin it.
iwiggy58 is offline   Reply With Quote