Coffee creamers? - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 07-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #1  
On IP Since 5/25/12

S/C/G: 174/156/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Coffee creamers?

I am transitioning to alternatives, and I need to find a replacement for the IP vanilla ready-made. That's my fave go-to creamer.

What do you use? Skim milk? Nothing? I found something online called Mimicreme, but not sure about using it in Phase 1.
shesaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 236/216/135

I use 1T of cream instead of my milk serving for the day. My coach approved it, and as long as I'm still progressing she's okay with it.
mom2hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:22 PM   #3  
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12

S/C/G: 200/155/145

Height: 5'5"/45yo

I keep a spare pack of EAS Carb Control Vanilla for my random creamer.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:41 AM   #4  

I got used to drinking my coffee black, and I don't think that I will add creamer back into my diet. I figured that I was saving 36,000 calories a year by eliminating my creamer from my diet. I do miss it though, but I'm fine with drinking my coffee without it. I almost didn't do this diet initially because I didn't think it was possible to not have creamer in my coffee. It is amazing how small changes really add up in our diets.
explore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #5  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

You can use 1 oz of skim milk. It's part of the IP protocol.
SewingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #6  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by explore View Post
I got used to drinking my coffee black, and I don't think that I will add creamer back into my diet. I figured that I was saving 36,000 calories a year by eliminating my creamer from my diet. I do miss it though, but I'm fine with drinking my coffee without it. I almost didn't do this diet initially because I didn't think it was possible to not have creamer in my coffee. It is amazing how small changes really add up in our diets.
I started drinking my coffee black too with this diet! Can hardly believe it because I.LOVE.CREAMER., but it's been ok. I feel like such a grown-up drinking black coffee!
CarCamMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #7  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by explore View Post
It's funny now, looking back on it. Figuring out how to drink my coffee without milk and stay on protocol was one of my main concerns too. I switched to a better brand of coffee (decaf in my case) and started drinking it black. I saw on the 'Travelling Gourmet' one day how some of the people in Jordan brew coffee with some cardamom in it. I started doing that as well, and quite like it. I also add a dash of salt to my coffee before brewing.

I used to use EAS vanilla RTD in my tea, but switched about a month ago to Almond Breeze Unsweetened Non-Dairy Beverage. I use the vanilla flavor. I'm not sure whether it's strictly'on plan' but I feel like it can't be too bad. 1 tbsp has 2.5 cals; .22g fat; .125g carbs, and 0g sugar.

Last edited by evepet; 07-23-2012 at 10:42 AM.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #8  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
I started drinking my coffee black too with this diet! Can hardly believe it because I.LOVE.CREAMER., but it's been ok. I feel like such a grown-up drinking black coffee!
LOL - same here. I tried a few times to add my shake to it, or put soy milk in. They just didn't compare to the real deal. I always liked the creamer - no sugar and some shake mixed in made it sweet and the soy - well it was watery at best. Now I'm not opposed to having a shake made with cold coffee instead of water - but that's my shake with coffee, not my coffee with a shake (yes yes - it's all in my head). Anyway, when i want to enjoy a cup of coffee, I have it black anymore.
Halfagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:02 AM   #9  
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12

S/C/G: 200/155/145

Height: 5'5"/45yo

I tried doing it black - couldn't do it - actually most of the time I have my coffee in my morning spinach smoothie, but I do have a random cup of coffee on its own usually on the weekends when I make Crispy Cereal pancakes for breakfast.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 193/157/110

Height: 5'0

I use the Land O'Lakes Mini Moos my coach told me to use one creamer.

http://www.landolakes.com/product/25...moos-half-half
des692781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #11  
Start: 7/23/12

S/C/G: 223/216/165

Height: 5'9

I'm so glad to see all these ideas. Today is my first day on the diet and the thing I am missing right now is my cup of coffee!! I didn't have any this morning because I am also in LOVE with creamer and wasn't sure what I could use instead and wasn't really feeling it black. I just might go get a cup of coffee right now

Last edited by kjwready; 07-23-2012 at 11:33 AM.
kjwready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #12  
Start IP 6/25/12

S/C/G: 242.8/230.4/150

Height: 5'7"

I am going to come right out and confess: I still use 2 tbsp of half and half in my coffee in the morning. I look at it this way: if by not giving *that* up, I stay otherwise completely on plan, I am better off than not doing anything about this excess weight at all.

If I have to be booted from the IP group for saying so, then that's OK too. Maybe at some point I will be brave enough to try black coffee, idk. As for the 1 ozs of skim milk, why bother?

I have also tried to put some of my shake in my coffee -- nadda! So, for the 2 weeks that I've been 100% committed to this (first 2 weeks I only dabbled), I have lost 9.8 lbs, and I am happy with that.

P.S.: I am an alternatives product user, I do not go to an IP clinic
PhoenixRisingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #13  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Phoenix: I'm in the same position, being on alternative products and I've lost 31 lbs in 13 weeks, I'm OK with that.

shesaid: I have used like, 4 different things for cream, including:Atkins RTD Vanilla (closest to milk IMO), Mocha (makes it a little cappuccinoish) and dark chocolate (omg amazing), EAS Carb control vanilla (too sweet IMO), EAS chocolate carb control (pretty good but weird aftertaste if you use too much) and skim milk. 1 ounce isn't worth my time, I use closer to 3 or 4 usually. My losses have been consistent, and little things like this keep me on the straight and narrow a little better than if I had to for-go all my favorites.
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

I use Premier Protein shakes (vanilla and chocolate). 1oz per cup (I usually drink 2 cups).

I wont ever go back to creamers, it will be either 1/2 and 1/2 or the shakes for life!! WAY too may hydrogenated oils in the other stuff.
NOVAScents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #15  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Height: 5'5"

I will fess-up. If I can't have good coffee in the morning, nothing else in my day works. Not exagerating. Been a strong coffee drinker since I was old enough to catch a school bus in the mornings. Tried the skim milk - no way. Tried part of a vanilla drink - it was just "okay" as a treat in the afternoon, but I want my coffee my way in the mornings. I talked with my coach and I am now using 2 tbsp (1 ounce) of Fat-Free Half and Half (never knew there was such a thing). I have 1 tbsp per cup and have 2 cups every morning. I have lost consistently ever since. There is zero fat and the calories are minimal.
If something as small as this can help me stay on plan, then this is what I do. For all of the nay-sayers (haven't seen any yet - YAY!) I rarely have "extras." Some of you use lemon juice and lots of it on a regular basis, I don't. Some of you use Mio and WF products daily (and this is perfectly okay - please don't think I am saying it is not). I have found that my losses were lower when I had Mio and WF every day, but once I stopped my losses increased. I have not noticed the FF Half and Half lower my losses. In fact, I lost over 5 pounds last week!
Soooo, this was a long message, just to say that I use Fat Free Half and Half (Land of Lakes) in my coffee every morning, and I am happy momma. If momma aint happy, aint nobody happy!
mylastdiet is offline   Reply With Quote