Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post

I had an IV in my left hand for a Bier block then one in my right for pain meds. So left went in one shot. The right took two sticks to the hand no go then a second nurse put on in my right forearm. So I'm waiting for the doctor. I was sore from not moving and I asked if I could stand up. While I was I looked at my right arm and saw blood in the line and thought that's not supposed to have blood in it. I hen saw blood dripping in the floor, I had unplugged the IV. I held my finger over the end dripping and the nurse came in to help, as she was reaching for it I said I've got it you should get some gloves. We both laughed. I then saw some blood on the floor and wall. Man what a mess. We all had a good laugh.

The nurse who took me to the OR was from Brooklyn. I asked where she was from, knowing it was NYC, she said Alabama. I asked to walk toth OR which she was ok with. My back still hurt from sitting for an hour. Close to the OR she said ok do you want a kiss before surgery, meaning my wife.

Wait for it.

So I leaned over and kissed the nurse on the cheek. She laughed and said no you wife.. Michele was talking to the anesthesia doc who we knew because our kids went to day care together. I kissed Michele and off I went. Once the happy juice was hooked up Brooklyn introduced a new nurse and said she was going to lunch. She bent over and kissed me on the cheek,we laughed again. Shetold Michele about it later. Funny stuff.

After surgery Michele had gone to the cafeteria and had a hardboiled egg and a half, a few slices of turkey breast, ham, cucumbers and other greens. Very sweet of her and hust what I needed.
Hahaha! You are quite the flirt!

Seriously, glad things seem to have gone well and glad your back on the board.

Last edited by Chloe222; 07-09-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #92  
Started IP: June 2012

S/C/G: 172/158/143

Height: 5'5"

Kaypix...I'm impressed, that book looks awesome!
Old 07-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoboiler View Post
So my mom was inspired to join IP and today was her first weigh in. She lost 11lbs and lots of inches, but her coach freaked out because half of her loss was fat and the other lean mass. He questioned her over and over about cheating on non-IP products. She lives with me this summer and I know she has been awesome (except for some EAS carb control shakes I give her)...but it's never affected me. Per my coach, I told her to add some broth to the soup this last week to make it taste ok and she loved it. He freaked out about the broth and then just through his hands up in a puff and said "whatever".

For my own sanity, is chicken broth allowed from your coaches? It took a lot for my mom to commit to this and now she is upset even though she had a big loss. Anyone else with a similar experience their first week in body fat loss too?

Well, that was a less than supportive coaching episode! Sorry your Mom experienced that.

I am just sure I was told broth was okay. I get the low fat kind.

The measuring machines are not always accurate.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Jicama is on my sheet.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #95  

And the hospital stories are hilarious!

PhOne posting....
Old 07-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Kaypix, the book looks great so far. I'm going to use a couple of the recipes this week.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 227/227/155

Height: 5'3”

Default acid reflux??

Hello everybody! I use to have chronic heartburn but thanks to this program it has not been bothering me AT ALL (hooray...happy dance!). Friday night I suddenly had a twinge of "oh-oh, i'm gonna get hearburn." Suddenly my mouth filled up with foam (maybe it was bile?).
My coach had no idea why this happened, has anyone experienced anything similar?
I hadn't had anything except water in me for several hours - the only different thing I had, was an IP orange shake at lunchtime.
Since i've started IP i've taking a pill with each meal (recommended by my coach) to help me digest food cause I had my gallbladder removed.
I feel really good, it hasn't happened again....hopefully this was just a strange one time thing (I really hope so!).
Old 07-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #98  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

btt: heads up that's just the FIRST PAGE of the archive, I have 13 pages left to go of Archive 1, then 14 pages in archive 2, and what, 9 pages in the current group? good grief I'm tired just reading it!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #99  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
Hello everybody! I use to have chronic heartburn but thanks to this program it has not been bothering me AT ALL (hooray...happy dance!). Friday night I suddenly had a twinge of "oh-oh, i'm gonna get hearburn." Suddenly my mouth filled up with foam (maybe it was bile?).
My coach had no idea why this happened, has anyone experienced anything similar?
I hadn't had anything except water in me for several hours - the only different thing I had, was an IP orange shake at lunchtime.
Since i've started IP i've taking a pill with each meal (recommended by my coach) to help me digest food cause I had my gallbladder removed.
I feel really good, it hasn't happened again....hopefully this was just a strange one time thing (I really hope so!).
I'm betting the orange shake was too acidic and just made your stomach go nuts, since it didn't have carbs to absorb it? Just cuz your diet is better doesn't mean if you had chronic heartburn or whatever the "doctor" term of it that it just disapears completely. Did the foam burn up your throat like acid reflux? Horrid comparrison but my mother in law's shitzhus get acid reflux and lord knows THEY don't eat anything unhealthy. the gallblader shouldn't be affected by non fatty/non greasy foods that much, i'd look again at that pill you're taking. Here's a post from everydayhealth.org

After Gallbladder Surgery: Foods to Avoid

While your body adjusts, it is a good idea to avoid high-fat foods for a few weeks after having gallbladder surgery. High-fat foods include:

Foods that are fried, like French fries and potato chips
High-fat meats, such as bacon, bologna, sausage, ground beef, and ribs
High-fat dairy products, such as cheese, ice cream, cream, whole milk, and sour cream
Pizza
Foods made with lard or butter
Creamy soups or sauces
Meat gravies
Chocolate
Oils, such as palm and coconut oil
Skin of chicken or turkey
High-fiber and gas-producing foods can also cause some people discomfort after gallbladder surgery, so you may want to introduce them slowly back into your diet. These include:
Cereals
Whole-grain breads
Nuts
Seeds
Legumes
Brussels sprouts
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Cabbage
Spicy foods may also cause some gastrointestinal symptoms for a short time after gallbladder removal.

The only stuff I see on here that are supposed to be eaten on protocol are what, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, maybe the bacon and ground beef, and chocolate which would be in the packets? Maybe talk to a doc about what the diet is and see if you need that pill anymore, just food for thought.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bttrhalf View Post
Kaypix, the book looks great so far. I'm going to use a couple of the recipes this week.
I agree! I printed it and can't wait to add to it. Thanks for your hard work on this!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #101  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Vet-Glad to see you survived surgery...your going to earn yourself a reputation kissin all the nurses at the hospital...Good thing is..the nurse's are probably thinking "another guy gone loopy from the pain meds..lol"

Kaypix- Seriously!!! Argh! That makes me mad to hear of your mother playing the victim role and having you pay for all of her bills....and that doorknob of a bf she has not willing to lift a finger..Doesnt sound like a keeper to me. Honestly..if that were my mother..and dont get me wrong.. i love my mother...but if she was living off of me like that...I would be setting some serious boundaries and making it REAL clear that if she cant pay her bills, then she is on her own...cause seriously.. i can not stand the thought of anyone just living off of someone else and making excuses for themselves and not growing up and doing the right thing by paying there own bills or at least finding a creative soloution to the problem that doesnt burden the other party involved.

Lizz-Sorry to hear that your day wasnt off to a good start..The size 4`s must have made ya felt reeeal good slipping into that small number!

JICAMA-BOOOO!! It makes me mad that are grocery store for some odd reason does not carry Jicama, cause i wanted to jump on board the Jicama fry wagon..

Does the actifry work really well??
Old 07-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #102  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
Jicama is on my sheet.
Do I have an old sheet? So we CAN have Jicama??
Old 07-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #103  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Afternoon from Hardy..Today's dieter's forecast... Thin with a 50% chance of bloated...

TOM decided to rear its ugly head for a day just to drive me batty...All of the sudden its gone today..Here today, gone tommorow...Never know when that bad boy will show up and ruin a good day..Thankfully..TODAY is not that day!!

In other news: My parents arrive in a few hours...how exciting! Im looking forward to them visiting..My mother has already made a case for why i should work out every single day (My response: Ah not on this diet you dont) Her response: Well i know nothing about the diet so... My inner thoughts : Yah you can say that again! There is nothing more hilarious then watching a person who knows nothing about your diet, tell you that you should do this and do that...when they have no idea that your not supposed to. Technically im in week 6 now and i could exercise..but every time i go on my treadmill...even at walking at 2.0 mph my heart rate still goes up to the 170 range...and im not even puffing...so im not sure how to walk on my treadmill and keep my heart rate in the fat burning zone only..im afraid im going to do some damage to my muscle when its up in the 170s...

Anywho... hope all have a great day OP today!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #104  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Hahaha! You are quite the flirt!

Seriously, glad things seem to have gone well and glad your back on the board.
Thanks for the IV tip. I am a Flirt.

Quote:
And the hospital stories are hilarious!

PhOne posting....
. I even had my wife laughing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
Same here I've only needed my meds three or four times since the first month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Vet-Glad to see you survived surgery...your going to earn yourself a reputation kissin all the nurses at the hospital...Good thing is..the nurse's are probably thinking "another guy gone loopy from the pain meds..lol"
It was before the pain meds! She was freaking hilarious. She really cracked me up when she kissed me on the check as she went to lunch.

Last edited by usmcvet; 07-09-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #105  
Hard Working Newbie

S/C/G: 377/251/180

Quote:
Jicama is on my sheet.
I missed the first parts of this topic, but was shocked today to see Jicama in the salad served today! I didn't know what it was and asked someone else. It was so weird to have just learned about jicama from the forums!

BTW: raw on a salad is not that delicious.

~Jenni
Closed Thread