Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #46  
Senior Member
 
DanafromAustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 2,029

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
So, I grab my pack of apple cinnamon soy puffs for breakfast this morning and head out the door to work stomach growling all the way. I get to work, open the packet and pour into a cup only to discover I have dill pickle zippers for breakfast. Uggghhh..... I like the dill pickle zippers, but not for breakfast. LOL Happy Monday to everyone.
Hey Molly, nice to see your post here this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Good morning! I am back!

I had to go off IP for awhile. I had several things happen such that I could not spend on the products. There were also several out of town trips to deal with also. I have to say it was all a bit scarey to me!

Today, I am able to get back to the program completely. Actually so relieved about that.

I worked hard to eat as well as I could. I stayed away from all grains and sugars. I kept the carbs low. Fortunately, I did not gain weight. In no way did I return to my previous eating style or choices.

While I was gone, I had some big revelations about why I compulsively ate, especially carbs, over the years. I have long struggled with depression. Before, I did not realize how much of an anxiety disorder I had been dealing with. It was just my way of struggling through life and hard for me to understand what was going on! Realizing all this and thinking back over my life and the suffering has been a lot to take in.

Anyway, starting my morning with water first. The adventure continues.
Welcome back, you were missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by explore View Post
Good morning IPers! I have been staying OP while going away on vacation for long weekends, but I'm really craving blueberries. Went to a farm stand and stuck to the locally grown zuccini, celery, and cucumbers. I found relief at barbeques-- sausage (are we allowed?). I'm hoping sausage is okay-- I made sure there were no breadcrumbs, sugar, or cheese in them.
Samba- It is so interesting that you were able to link your craving for carbs with your emotions. It really makes me wonder about my own carb/sugar addictions as well. Right before I found IP, this nutritionist friend told me my carb.addiction was related to my mother issues. She knows nothing about me and my mother (who I love, but who doesn't have mother issues). It made me mad to think that my mom is the reason I want to eat chips and ice cream for dinner.
Kickapookicks-- I love fennel too. How do you eat rutabaga?
Kaypix- Congrats on your loss and the purchase of your 2 new pairs of jeans!
Have a great Monday everyone!
While sausage is okay on many low carb diets, it's not on this one because the fat content is too high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttergirl9 View Post
Good morning everyone!!!
I'm on my first day of IP (on my own). I do have a question I could use some clarification on. I bought Morton's Fine Sea Salt. It also says it's Mediterranean Sea Salt. I thought I had read on here somewhere that sea salt should not be all white like regular salt. This salt IS all white so wanted to make sure so I can buy another if needed. Thanks for the help!!!
I buy Real Salt, which you can always find at any health food store and some regular markets. It looks more like sand, definitely not bleached at all.
I'm sure the other sea salt you found will be fine till you run out or can find a higher quality sea salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
After being gone for many, many months & going through a rough time in life; I do believe I'm FINALLY seeing the other side of it. I'm back & you can expect me AROUND FOR GOOD! I'm not doing this flipping & flopping thing anymore, I'm back & this is where I NEED TO BE.

Already had my breakfast shake & now I'm almost done with my first liter of water! Woo! I GOT THIS!
Glad to see you back!
DanafromAustin is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #47  
First Day IP 31 May 2012
 
GrandmaKiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California High Desert
Posts: 123

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4"

Default

Wohoo, I just got back from a one week vacation and lost 2.2 pounds. I find that incredible.

I never went "off" the program with non-IP friendly foods, but a few times I had more than one bar in a day based on how close we would be to home-base and how physically active I was. I felt like I was gaining, but I LOST!!

On to no restricted for the next three days to get me back in true IP form.

And, I sent my coach a note that I'm not returning. Alternates did fine for me.
GrandmaKiss is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #48  
Senior Member
 
Chloe222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,326

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

Kaypix,
Sorry to hear about your MIL. She's lucky to have loving kids to support her. There are times when we all need a hand of some type, whether its money, physical help with a project, or a shoulder to cry on, etc.

Great weight loss and congrats on getting into the 160's! Looking forward to that meatza recipe, when you have a moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
After being gone for many, many months & going through a rough time in life; I do believe I'm FINALLY seeing the other side of it. I'm back & you can expect me AROUND FOR GOOD! I'm not doing this flipping & flopping thing anymore, I'm back & this is where I NEED TO BE.

Already had my breakfast shake & now I'm almost done with my first liter of water! Woo! I GOT THIS!
Welcome back!

Samba,
Have you heard of the book due out next month in the US called "The Carb Sensitivity Program"? I pre-ordered it (amazon). You might find it interesting.

Liz,
Congrats on the size 4 jeans!! Sorry about the rest of your day though.

Question: With your weight loss, do you think you lose more if a. you don't work out for the week or b. you lift extra heavy weights?

I'm experimenting right now with minimal exercise (I typically do 5 workouts a week, now just 2 short ones, no weights, for the next week). Thanks for your insight.
Chloe222 is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #49  
Hard Working Newbie
 
Unwaver1ng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 74

S/C/G: 377/251/180

Default

Good morning! Today feels like a new, bright day full of possibilities. Let's stay on plan and learn more about ourselves today. I love that so many of us are figuring out our triggers on this journey.

Anyway, good luck with surgeries, WIs, work projects, and OP days.

~Jenni
Unwaver1ng is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #50  
Senior Member
 
Samba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Middle of Nowhere!
Posts: 316

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Default

The Carb Sensitivity Program aounds interesting. Obviously, I am super carb sensitive. I will have to get it.

Wuv- thanks! Yes, I am back because IP works. It has been a lifesaver for me. I am back to continue the weight loss. iP really does result in loss if you stick with it. Some weeks more, some less or none...but, over the course of it, the losses will come! It has been a great eating plan for my type and my broken metabolism suffering with Metabolic Syndrome. That syndrome soooo linked to carbs and IP took care of that issue!
Samba is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #51  
Carb Addict
 
Tigerlvr52's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 345

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Default

Great NSV this morning. I went in for my 6 month check up at the dentist and he was overjoyed with my teeth. I mentioned that I was eating healthy and one of the side effects of Ketosis is nasty breath. Since I am paranoid about that I carry a toothbrush and toothpaste to work and in my purse and now brush average of 5 times a day. He was quite pleased with that and the fact that I have been soda free for a while now.
Tigerlvr52 is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #52  
Junior Member
 
MimiLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 24

S/C/G: 157/141.5/125

Height: 5'2

Default

Very first weigh in today.....in 45 minutes. Totally excited!!
MimiLee is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #53  
Senior Member
 
MustangMolly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 632

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MimiLee View Post
Very first weigh in today.....in 45 minutes. Totally excited!!
Good luck to you, let us know how great you did!


Thanks, Dana, it's nice to put a face with your name.
MustangMolly is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #54  
6/26/12 start 355
 
Halfagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 847

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Default

Good morning. I'm back to work today after a week off. Learning the ropes for alt-IP still. I didn't catch that tomatoes were restricted, and was happily adding them to salads often over the 9 days since i started but I know better now. I'm not going to beat myself up over that, goodness I didn't get to 355 eating tomatoes! Thankfully I'm enjoying a lot of the other veggies as well. Not official WI until Friday, but scale says i'm down 13.7 pounds in that time frame so I'm happy.
I'm 50 y/o - have been on the weight loss wagon many times with many programs- it's always been an issue in my life. I had lap band surgery in 2000 in Mexico, and it has broken 4 times. I had it repaired 3x and have just lived with it broken (no fill is one part of that break-aka, no restriction, aka not doing what it is supposed to do) for the last ~5 years. I don't see it as a +/- with this diet at all, it just is. The string about metal in our bodies and effecting weight makes me wonder about implants with metal in general (heck dentistry for that matter). Regardless I am where I am weight wise (if metal plays a part in this - I can't change that right now) and the only thing I can change is the way I eat today moving forward. That's where I will focus.
Halfagain is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 12:08 PM   #55  
Senior Member
 
IPdivajen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Whitby, Ontario
Posts: 674

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MimiLee View Post
Very first weigh in today.....in 45 minutes. Totally excited!!
Good luck!!

Samba - my issues and relationship with food is the one thing that I remain scared of in all of this. For as long as I can remember, food is what I used to reward myself, calm myself, comfort myself or entertain myself. I was a reward/stress/grief/boredom eater for sure, and I know I'm not alone in this. So going forward, it's really important to me to retrain my brain that FOOD is not the appropriate answer in any of these situations. I keep telling myself that it is fuel, and nothing more, to try and break the repetition. Some days it works, some days it doesn't.

I have no problem staying 100% OP, but I do catch myself sometimes in the way I react to certain foods. Like how much I look forward to my restricted each day. How I save and savour it like it's a 'treat' instead of it simply being a part of my day. Now I know I don't have to swing completely in the opposite direction, that it is still going to be okay to derive some pleasure from food, but I need to kick the mental habit of food as substitute for something else, and I'm working hard on that now.
IPdivajen is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #56  
Senior Member
 
ChaloJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 166

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Good luck!!

Samba - my issues and relationship with food is the one thing that I remain scared of in all of this. For as long as I can remember, food is what I used to reward myself, calm myself, comfort myself or entertain myself. I was a reward/stress/grief/boredom eater for sure, and I know I'm not alone in this. So going forward, it's really important to me to retrain my brain that FOOD is not the appropriate answer in any of these situations. I keep telling myself that it is fuel, and nothing more, to try and break the repetition. Some days it works, some days it doesn't.

I have no problem staying 100% OP, but I do catch myself sometimes in the way I react to certain foods. Like how much I look forward to my restricted each day. How I save and savour it like it's a 'treat' instead of it simply being a part of my day. Now I know I don't have to swing completely in the opposite direction, that it is still going to be okay to derive some pleasure from food, but I need to kick the mental habit of food as substitute for something else, and I'm working hard on that now.
Yes, eating bars has been particularly revealing. The way I want to grab one and eat it in front of a show makes me tremble a bit. I know I've got to get that part figured out.
ChaloJ is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #57  
Started IP April 27, 2011
 
wuv2bloved's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 7,110

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Good morning. I'm back to work today after a week off. Learning the ropes for alt-IP still. I didn't catch that tomatoes were restricted, and was happily adding them to salads often over the 9 days since i started but I know better now. I'm not going to beat myself up over that, goodness I didn't get to 355 eating tomatoes! Thankfully I'm enjoying a lot of the other veggies as well. Not official WI until Friday, but scale says i'm down 13.7 pounds in that time frame so I'm happy.
I'm 50 y/o - have been on the weight loss wagon many times with many programs- it's always been an issue in my life. I had lap band surgery in 2000 in Mexico, and it has broken 4 times. I had it repaired 3x and have just lived with it broken (no fill is one part of that break-aka, no restriction, aka not doing what it is supposed to do) for the last ~5 years. I don't see it as a +/- with this diet at all, it just is. The string about metal in our bodies and effecting weight makes me wonder about implants with metal in general (heck dentistry for that matter). Regardless I am where I am weight wise (if metal plays a part in this - I can't change that right now) and the only thing I can change is the way I eat today moving forward. That's where I will focus.
That is a great result and not a week yet. This program works for sure. I sometimes eat tomatoes more than twice a week but its not a whole tomato, if anything I will slice or cube a roman tomato and use it on my salad splitting it twice. I don't think I could eat 2 cups of tomatoes at a time....lol...You seem to be on the right path going down so that is a good thing!
wuv2bloved is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #58  
Senior Member
 
BLUEJEWEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 195

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

Default

Well I started reading all the threads and quikly realized I will want to comment on them all too, and well it is a work day! So maybe once I get some work done. SOunds as though many are off to a good start!
I weighed in this AM, down again, yay! and I got my tracker today, so that was cool, I will update more later...thanks for posting, I love this way of life, I feel so much better!
BLUEJEWEL is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #59  
Hard Working Newbie
 
Unwaver1ng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 74

S/C/G: 377/251/180

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MimiLee View Post
Very first weigh in today.....in 45 minutes. Totally excited!!
Best of luck! You'll be great!
Unwaver1ng is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #60  
Senior Member
 
readytolive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 143

Height: 5'3"

Default

I haven't been on here in awhile, but I'm still sticking to IP! The loss I've had already is amazing and my body is changing so much, I can't get enough of looking at the differences.

One day I went off IP (honestly, it was more do it with the one thing I wanted or splurge on everything else), had the one meal I wanted, and while it was very yummy, I missed having my veggies. If anything, it seemed to help jump start my loss again and I've had no ill effects from it. I'm not saying this is a good idea, but it worked for me and I kept myself in check with it.

I am having a bit of a hard time finding enough protein bars that I can eat. Gluten free is a must for me, so finding bars like that is a bit of a pain. It's irritating to see how much Pure Protein bars versus the bars I can have, but better to spend more $$ than to be sick.

Wow, rambly update. I hope everyone is having a great time with their weight loss and sticking to it!
readytolive is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:59 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.