IP Daily Chat Monday 07/09/12 - Page 8 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #106  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
test, my tracker isn't posting
Yes it is...
how did you fix it ? mine was posting fine and now its not ??
Old 07-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #107  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
I know how you feel with the sizing!! i still find myself looking thru each lane bryant catalog that comes to the house. I love wearing clothes without Ws or Xs in the size. I would suggest going to a shop where you can be fitted for a bra- it makes a huge difference.

how are you doing with the fires? we had some cool, damp weather, so things are clearer here. did your cabin do ok??
My cabin made it! We were lucky. We have had lots of rain the past few days so that has been a blessing. Where in Wyo are you?
Old 07-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #108  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Default Sea Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttergirl9 View Post
MustangMolly- So am I ok using it for a few days until I go grocery shopping or should I get it sooner?

Anyone have a specific brand that I should get?

Thanks-April
My clinic recommends Redmond Real Salt. You can find it at Whole Foods, probably online too.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #109  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

WI #11 today and I lost 3.2 lbs and 3 1/8 in. Congrats on everyone elses losses too.

Pauli - .2 is still a loss and you have to be pretty small at 121.

Vet - glad your surgery went well. I've had carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists quite afew years ago and my left one never worked. I wear a brace on it every night but it has been better since I have lost weight.

Kaypix - your cookbook is looking great, thank you!
Old 07-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
test, my tracker isn't posting
Yes it is...
Rocking this thing, Bluejewel!
Old 07-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #111  
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12

S/C/G: 200/155/145

Height: 5'5"/45yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Liz,
Congrats on the size 4 jeans!! Sorry about the rest of your day though.

Question: With your weight loss, do you think you lose more if a. you don't work out for the week or b. you lift extra heavy weights?

I'm experimenting right now with minimal exercise (I typically do 5 workouts a week, now just 2 short ones, no weights, for the next week). Thanks for your insight.
I have found it's pretty consistent either way - but I do make 'adjustments' when I workout and when I don't - eg, when I workout I have the 4th packet that's a restricted, and when I don't workout I do all unrestricteds. Also, I do find I have a temporary 3-4 day 'gain' when I lift that gets whooshed away and then some by weeks end - muscles do retain water when they tear & repair, so when I have a workout change I always give myself a 2 week experiment window, since a daily fluctuation is not really an accurate way to measure an effect. I have definitely noticed that now that I have increased my weights my lean mass loss has reversed/stopped (I also cut down on my walking while increasing my weightlifting).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdmom View Post
LizRR Sorry for the rough morning, but at least you have cute size 4 jeans and NO MUFFIN TOP. That's awesome. I know you work out - do you do ab crunches? I would love to figure out how to lose my muffin top (I do the treadmill, and take Body Pump 2x/wk, but I don't know that they will specifically help with the muffin top situation).
I do Bodypump 3x/week, with a 1 mile 11min warmup jog beforehand...I just started increasing my weights. I have cut down on the walking I used to do most days a week since the heat really kicked in ~4 weeks now, but I was doing ~2-2.5mi/day. I don't do anything extra, just stay 100% OP! To be honest, until last week I had consistently lost lean mass weekly, but I think I've reached the 'tipping point' - I know I had extra muscle since I had been intensely lifting before IP that I stopped cold turkey, picked up lightly in week 8 at 2x/week, and now have been doing 3x/week and increasing my weights the past 2 weeks. Honestly, you have to just experiment with yourself and listen to your body. Remember that everyone responds differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
Well, lost 3lbs- so thats good. I'm a bit frustrated with my clinic though. I seem to see a different coach every week. This weeks coach told me I COULD have phased off for my upcoming trip in just two weeks- that would have been FABULOUS to know! The more I think about this trip the less I even want to go. It's going to be SO hard to stay on plan. I may just eat 3 packets upfront and then get a spinach salad every night for dinner or something, since I can't predict where/what I'll be eating otherwise.
Have you thought about going to Phase 2 over vacation? If that will help you "power through it" and still enjoy yourself, I always think that's a better option - I had do that in Week 3 when my business trip was unexpectedly extended and I had to make my IP foods stretch out and I was still able to lose. Congratulations on your loss this week! That's a great number!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
WOW!! My coach told me I could not have jicama! I wonder why b/c I sure would be eating those fries up!!
Jicama is on the Select Veggies list on the latest Phase 1 Sheet dated 5/2012. Print this out and bring it to your coach since they have outdated information. Also note the protein is set at 8oz straight (not 5-8oz). Here's a link to the post in the sticky:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4360561-post11.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoboiler View Post
So my mom was inspired to join IP and today was her first weigh in. She lost 11lbs and lots of inches, but her coach freaked out because half of her loss was fat and the other lean mass. He questioned her over and over about cheating on non-IP products. She lives with me this summer and I know she has been awesome (except for some EAS carb control shakes I give her)...but it's never affected me. Per my coach, I told her to add some broth to the soup this last week to make it taste ok and she loved it. He freaked out about the broth and then just through his hands up in a puff and said "whatever".

For my own sanity, is chicken broth allowed from your coaches? It took a lot for my mom to commit to this and now she is upset even though she had a big loss. Anyone else with a similar experience their first week in body fat loss too?
Ridiculous! Check your labels - but the chicken broth I use (with my coach's permission) adds FIVE calories per cup from ALL PROTEIN. And get a clue coach....part of what 'lean mass' consists of is WATER, which is notoriously what a majority of that first weeks loss is made up of! I swear - I get steamed every time I hear another story from these coaches and their "people skills"...WHATEVER! Sounds like your moms coach really needs to have some coaching of his own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoboiler View Post
Kaypix - The way she described it sounded like my clinic where they put your information into this handheld device and then you hold it for a few seconds and it gives you a reading. Thanks for the advice on the protein. I think she's stayed to more fish during the week so I will try to get a few more things in her.
Your mom did EXCELLENT - I don't see ANYTHING wrong with her, she should have left that office feeling so proud of her accomplishments, because that is a great FIRST WEIGH IN! Tell her that Liz gives her mad props. Still a little steamed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
In other news: My parents arrive in a few hours...how exciting! Im looking forward to them visiting..My mother has already made a case for why i should work out every single day (My response: Ah not on this diet you dont) Her response: Well i know nothing about the diet so... My inner thoughts : Yah you can say that again! There is nothing more hilarious then watching a person who knows nothing about your diet, tell you that you should do this and do that...when they have no idea that your not supposed to. Technically im in week 6 now and i could exercise..but every time i go on my treadmill...even at walking at 2.0 mph my heart rate still goes up to the 170 range...and im not even puffing...so im not sure how to walk on my treadmill and keep my heart rate in the fat burning zone only..im afraid im going to do some damage to my muscle when its up in the 170s...
Ha! OMG, I feel for you Porthardy...a lot of folks are assuming that I am just exercising like crazy on this diet - but honestly I do my weightlifting class 3x/week and that's been about it lately, besides light walking. But it's funny how the preconceived notions of diet and exercise really don't apply with IP. Good for you to listen to your body and be mindful of your heartrate! And congratulations on sticking with it - you are doing great - especially with TOM2: The Revenge sneaking up on you like that!

Last edited by LizRR; 07-09-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #112  

What does Phase 2 look like?
Old 07-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #113  
Adult Member

S/C/G: 196/184/160

Height: 5'3

Jicama is on the Select Veggies list on the latest Phase 1 Sheet dated 5/2012. Print this out and bring it to your coach since they have outdated information. Also note the protein is set at 8oz straight (not 5-8oz). Here's a link to the post in the sticky:

We were discussing squash previously on a thread ... this specifically says "no squash" and yes to zucchini ... so what is summer squash considered?

I really want to stay OP ...

Thanks!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
OK so I think I finally decided on the layout I'm using, and I've been trucking along getting it set up, here's what we got so far:

Let me know if it needs to be alphabetized, cuz at this point I'm not planning on it. You can click on the links in the table of contents and get directed to that section of the book (grumbles at Mac's MS Word quirks)
Kaypix,
FABULOUS JOB!

I have a word doc that has lots of IP recipes but no sources on it. Glad to email it to you if it helps. If you want it, PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbecause53 View Post
My clinic recommends Redmond Real Salt. You can find it at Whole Foods, probably online too.
I just bought it via amazon, much less expensive in bulk via amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
MaMaZu,
CONGRATS on reaching goal!! Where is that DVF dress?

Last edited by Chloe222; 07-09-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #115  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
I can't wait to see your DVF Wrap Dress!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #116  

Default Re All Inquiries About Dvf Wrap Dress

That dress is happening soon! Going to try one on at Nordstroms with my daughters to figure out my size, but will probably then order it online as the selection of prints etc. is much better. Trust me, for this much money I will be getting the print I want. For any who care, here's a link to the highly anticipated DVF wrap dress:
http://www.dvf.com/dresses/the-wrap-...FcsZQgodxS8eUg

Last edited by MaMaZu; 07-09-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #117  
Started IP 6/14

S/C/G: 171.1/165.8/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieluver View Post

We were discussing squash previously on a thread ... this specifically says "no squash" and yes to zucchini ... so what is summer squash considered?

I really want to stay OP ...

Thanks!!!
Oh thank you and thank heavens about the jicama -- I thought I'd read it was phase 1, but it wasn't on the sheet my coach gave me in June (so it looks like I will be printing a new one for my coach too!).

Last edited by jules26965; 07-09-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
Well, lost 3lbs- so thats good. I'm a bit frustrated with my clinic though. I seem to see a different coach every week. This weeks coach told me I COULD have phased off for my upcoming trip in just two weeks- that would have been FABULOUS to know! The more I think about this trip the less I even want to go. It's going to be SO hard to stay on plan. I may just eat 3 packets upfront and then get a spinach salad every night for dinner or something, since I can't predict where/what I'll be eating otherwise.

Must.Stay.Positive!!!
I have gone on 5 vacations since starting IP (I use alternatives). I essentially did a Phase 2 as I found it worked the easiest yet kept me reined into the security of Phase 1. It really worked out fairly easily, sometimes I would eat breakfast and dinner, other days lunch and dinner, as well as a shake and restricted. I continued my weight loss which, considering my age (56), has been slow but steady.
Hope this helps!

Last edited by MaMaZu; 07-09-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Congratulations MaMaZu! I know that dress is going to look fabulous on you! When did you start IP?

I am going away for a weekend in September, and that is exactly what I was thinking...two meat & veg meals, two packets, and I should be able to deal. I just have to make sure the packets are for having cold.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
Congratulations MaMaZu! I know that dress is going to look fabulous on you! When did you start IP?

I am going away for a weekend in September, and that is exactly what I was thinking...two meat & veg meals, two packets, and I should be able to deal. I just have to make sure the packets are for having cold.
I started IP January 7th. The vacations really were very doable, it's really a matter of making your mind up about it.
I sed RTD at times when there wasnt a blender plus a bar, simile, quick and painless!
Enjoy your summer!
Closed Thread