Old 06-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 255/182/150

Height: 5' 3"

Week number # 24 for a weight loss of 3lbs. It is so much fun going cloths shopping. I still can't believe that I am out of plus sizes. Also I love wearing shorts and colored skinny jeans . Thank you IP. Still 100% and proud of it! Nancy
Ng951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #47  
Healthy Living :)

S/C/G: 235/*see ticker*/155

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ng951 View Post
Week number # 24 for a weight loss of 3lbs. It is so much fun going cloths shopping. I still can't believe that I am out of plus sizes. Also I love wearing shorts and colored skinny jeans . Thank you IP. Still 100% and proud of it! Nancy

That is AWESOME!!!
Ravenswood2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:33 AM   #48  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
Ah, thanks, it's been bugging me.

Hey look! LaPlace, you are right down the road from me here in Baton Rouge.

My first WI is tomorrow, I can't wait!!!
Yay!! I found a neighbor! LOL
I work right here in Geismar too.

Good luck on your WI tomorrow!!!
aimeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #49  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ng951 View Post
Whohooo! thats awesome! Congrats!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #50  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenswood2012 View Post

Welcome & Good Luck !!!!!

& &
Thank you so much! So excited to be here!!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #51  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

“Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success”. - Dale Carnegie
This makes me realize that all of those miss steps I've taken are building me up for something bigger and better.
Just had to share!
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #52  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenswood2012 View Post
Mid-Week 5 seems to be an issue for me...... Some cravings are back, energy is LOW , & a mild headache .....

Anyone else have recurring week 1 symptoms @ week 5?????
my week was week 7....but hang in there an just stay the course!! it will pass!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 212/194/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by enr20707 View Post
hope everyone has success today, I woke up to see the scale move into the 180's, couldn't believe my eyes. I had to get off and back on again to make sure
What an awesome feeling! When I got under 200 I was thrilled. Next is the 180's!
robin532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #54  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Looks like it is going to be another BEAUTIFUL day here in East Tennessee, I'm so loving this hot weather. Well the Woosh Fairy did not visit me this morning, the GAIN fairy got me, I'm up 2 pounds. I'm getting a little tired of the roller coaster ride. But hey, I'm healthier now than I was this time last year and I am so thankful for that. So, since I'm up this week it is definatly time for "BOOTCAMP" so I am starting that this morning. We shall see what happens next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Well, tonight is weigh in for me and I think this is going to be my first week of no loss. My scale has.not.moved in the past week and while I'm very sad about the whole thing I'm trying not to lose my mind. Easier said than done at times, but I know my reaction is the one thing I can control - not the weight loss. I know I stayed OP and didn't cheat, so hopefully it means next week will be better.

I know the scale could surprise me when I go tonight but I just don't expect it to happen. At this point I'm just crossing my fingers that I don't end up gaining. I'd really hoped to cross the 80lbs in four month mark tonight but doesn't seem like that's in the cards. Then again, I suppose there's nothing wrong with 80lbs in just over four months. I just have to keep telling myself that.
Hey Riss & IPdivajen - I am right there with you on the no loss - actually have a 2lb gain - but not too concerned. I've been 100% and just realized I've had "C" issues the past few days. I'm going to try a few remedies and also experiment with bootcamp to see if I can get a nudge. I was hoping to get to 60lb this WI...but like you said Jen, if it takes a little longer - that's good too! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmax View Post
Hi. I started Ip on May 15th. I have lost 24 pounds. I am going on vacation for 2 weeks and then I will be taking my son to college and will be gone for a week. Not sure what to do when I am away. I am thinking about doing atkins and then when I return going back on IP. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
It can be challenging to vacation on IP, but it can be done. Some folks phase off, others move to Phase 2, others stay 100% OP - the choice is yours. Personally, I've had to accidentally go to Phase 2 on week 3 of IP when my business travel was extended from 2 to 5 days (while I was out there) and I had to make my IP foods stretch - I was able to jump back on with no problems. On another 5-day vacation I was able to stay Phase 1 the whole trip (obviously had more planning!). And FYI, Phase 2 is essentially replacing one of the IP packets with a 'real meal' of protein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bttrhalf View Post
good morning everyone, felt pretty cruddy when I woke up this morning but doing better, day 5 OP, only had one cup of coffee, but having tea right now. does anyone know if we can use Granulated Honey as a sweetner?
Sorry, honey is sugar and that is not allowed - Stevia or Splenda okay? There are some flavored syrups as well, make sure they do not have aspartame. Some folks use the vanilla RTDs as creamer. BTW, you can have as much coffee as you like - as long as you compensate by drinking more water since caffeine is a diuretic we need to add more H2O in! Personally I have my 2 cups every morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
I was actually surprised with the cereal. I really expected it to taste more like cardboard but it didnt. Next time I will add an Equal packet (we can have that right) to it and give it some sweetness to it, haha.
Equal 'classic' contains aspartame - which is not recommended on IP since the pancreas reacts to it like sugar. Most coaches recommend Stevia or Splenda (Sucralose).
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #55  
Hard Working Newbie

S/C/G: 377/251/180

Ravenswood, I see you have a cairn terrier in your profile. I love the cairns! Who is it?
Unwaver1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #56  
Hard Working Newbie

S/C/G: 377/251/180

Quote:
Hi Jenni!

When do you weigh in?
I weigh in on Mondays, which means that even though I started IP on Thursday, I already had a check-in yesterday. I already lost 9.5lbs! This is the kind of thing I need to stay committed.

~Jenni
Unwaver1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 225/214/150

Quote:
Hi! Can I join in on this thread?
As of last night (well started this morning) I am an official IP'er. I'm excited and scared at the same time. LOL

This morning I had the Crispy cereal. When I read on the package that you had to add water to it I was horrified. thinking to myself that I CANNOT eat cereal with water. I was glad when I opened the package to see a powdered "milk" in it. HAHA.

Hope everyone had a great OP day!!
Hey, aimeed3! How did you like that cereal? Some people really like it, but I couldn't get past the "milk". I am excited to try making pancakes out of them, though! Have you seen the recipes? There is also a way to make coutons out of the cereal, and then you can add the "milk" to another food later.

Anyway, I'm on day 15, so I consider myself new still. Good luck, and have fun with it!
nomoreweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #58  
Started July 23 2013

S/C/G: 293.6

Off to WI today. I sure could use the woosh fairy. Its another hot day in south Texas and no rain in sight. You Canadians and Floridians could send some our way.
jebaughman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 225/214/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IP Losers:

Looks like it is going to be another BEAUTIFUL day here in East Tennessee, I'm so loving this hot weather. Well the Woosh Fairy did not visit me this morning, the GAIN fairy got me, I'm up 2 pounds. I'm getting a little tired of the roller coaster ride. But hey, I'm healthier now than I was this time last year and I am so thankful for that. So, since I'm up this week it is definatly time for "BOOTCAMP" so I am starting that this morning. We shall see what happens next week.

DH started the plan last Monday for diabetics, on Wednesday night his sugars plummited and he was not able to move, so I had to go get him something to bring it back up. He called the doctor Thursday morning and they cut his pills from 4 a day to 2 a day. His sugars have been wonderful since abnd his blood pressure has been great as well. He is to call doc back today and let him know what his sugars have been and maybe he will cut even more out. He has lost 10 pounds so far. We shall see what they day shall bring.

Congratulations to all the losses so far and good luck to those who still have to weigh in. I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day.
Hey, Riss! My little sister/best friend is named Larissa, and I call her Riss or Rissa or Rizzo...haha...so when I saw your name, I thought of her and it made me smile. We live two hours apart, so I don't get to see her all the time. How bout that? You made a person smile today just by posting your name!

I can undestand getting sick of the up and down, but you are keeping it positive, and I applaud you for getting so close to your goal! Good luck to you and your hubby!
nomoreweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #60  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Mid Morning Replies

Hey, sorry to get such a late start on replies...and here we go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRisingAgain View Post
May I jump right in? After literally reading hundreds of posts in this subforum, today is Day 2 for me, using alternatives. I am inspired by so many of you here who are having great success...I plan to join you!
Todays plan:
(B) coffee, chocolate RTD
(L) leftover baked chicken, broccoli and a vanilla RTD
(D) grilled turkey burger and spinach
(S) protein bar; water water water
Depending on how you mean "alternatives" (I'm on alternative products such as Wonderslim, GNC etc.) then you should not have a "normal" protein (chicken) for lunch, only dinner at 8 ounces of lean meat. If you eat it twice a day that is actually Phase II.

Quote:
Hi! Can I join in on this thread?
As of last night (well started this morning) I am an official IP'er. I'm excited and scared at the same time. LOL
This morning I had the Crispy cereal. When I read on the package that you had to add water to it I was horrified. thinking to myself that I CANNOT eat cereal with water. I was glad when I opened the package to see a powdered "milk" in it. HAHA.
Ways to trick your cereal: Add a bit of RTD vanilla to thicken the "milk", blend up some ice cubes and water, then pour the water over the cereal so it is icy cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
Hi there. I'm pretty new at IP. I started on June 21, last Thursday. I go to my first WI tomorrow and I'm excited.
One quick question. I'm getting used to the few acronyms used here, I'm in the Army btw, but I keep seeing DH being used and have no idea what that means. Would you mind letting me know?
Thanks
John
Welcome to the threads, we have a dudes only , or specifically , or whatever thread if you want to commiserate with guys any time, but the daily is open to any and all Acronyms are addressed in either the first post of the daily, or in a sticky, I forget, but here's a quick breakdown:
DD=dear daughter
DS=dear son
DF=dear fiance
DG=Dear Girlfriend/girl
DB=Dear boyfriend
DH=Dear Husband
DW=Dear Wife
TOM=Time of the month (not that guys need that acronym really)
IP=Ideal Protein
OP=On Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoboiler View Post
Forgive me for not finding this since I know I've seen it somewhere...but can someone share their version of an IP buffalo wing sauce? DF is craving this and I've never made it, so any recipes or suggestions are welcome. THANK YOU in advance!!
Use Frank's Hot Sauce, it/s 0/0/0 and pretty much epic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkM View Post
HI everyone!

Is there a pdf file for a food journal? I lost mine I would greatly appreciate the help!
Not to push my blog all the time, but I have a PDF of one page on that: http://thinkslimmer.files.wordpress....rnal-sheet.pdf
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote