So you basically drink your food??
aimeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #17  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
So you basically drink your food??
No, not at all. The various food items are just pre-packaged into individual packets.

We also must eat 2 cups of vegetables with both lunch and dinner. And dinner is 'normal' protein - beef/fish/fowl/etc. - 6-8 ounces.

Here's the Ideal Protein website - you can see for yourself that there are lots of product 'packets' that you will be able to choose from.

http://www.idealprotein.com/us/home
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Height: 5'4"

hello all I'm brand new to IP just started this morning, signed on last night. a bit scared and excited all at once. a bit confused on what i can eat when, I had the wildberry yogurt drink this morning and lots of water. wish me luck have a way to go
bttrhalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 209/136/140 R:224.8/200/145

Height: 5' 5

[QUOTE=MiamiCajun;4379441]
Quote:
I was wondering, for someone who has not officially joined IP yet, what would you tell me about it? What kind of success have you had?

QUOTE]

Aimee! You'll love this! I just finished my first week and I was already prepared with my Walden Farm dressings as well as salad, natural sea salt, extra virgin olive oil and allowed veggies. I didn't feel bad the first few days but on the 5th I was dragging. I just found out i lost 13 pounds and I totally contribute it to all the water I was drinking! The more the better. Best wishes in your journey!
13 pounds!!! That is awesome. I am jealous! Today was my wk 1 WI and I lost 6 lbs. How do you like the Walden dressings. Our coach advised staying away from them as the artificial sweeteners still stimulate the pancreas
cscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:15 PM   #20  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I was wondering, for someone who has not officially joined IP yet, what would you tell me about it? What kind of success have you had?
Aimee
Hi Aimee! This is my ninth day. I lost 7.8 pounds the first week. I've got 70 pounds that I want to lose - need to lose - and I really like the foods. There is a variety, and they're pretty good.

I also read these forums the week before I started. There are some amazing people who have stayed committed, lost weight, and are a great support to one another. We're all on this journey!

Enjoy your introduction to IP tomorrow and welcome to the group!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:38 AM   #21  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

[QUOTE=cscape;4380823]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiCajun View Post

13 pounds!!! That is awesome. I am jealous! Today was my wk 1 WI and I lost 6 lbs. How do you like the Walden dressings. Our coach advised staying away from them as the artificial sweeteners still stimulate the pancreas
Its SOOOOO crazy at the differences in coaches!!....my coach SELLS the WF stuff and encourages us to use it. Everything we eat either has sugar or an artificial sweetner in it just some of us are more prone to it than others. A lot of coaches say stay away from MIO, mine says go for it, some say NO GUM....mine says....if it helps you stay OP then go for it just make sure its sugar free. We all have to do what it takes for us to stay OP and if it takes me using a little WF dressings, chewing a piece or 2 of gum and having MIO in my water....by all means I am doing it and have been doing it for the last 15 months AND I will continue to do so until I reach my goal.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:05 AM   #22  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
[Its SOOOOO crazy at the differences in coaches!!....my coach SELLS the WF stuff and encourages us to use it. Everything we eat either has sugar or an artificial sweetner in it just some of us are more prone to it than others. A lot of coaches say stay away from MIO, mine says go for it, some say NO GUM....mine says....if it helps you stay OP then go for it just make sure its sugar free.
I've noticed that too in these boards. It seems that IP literature is probably the same for all the coaches, but each seems to want to add or subtract from the IP plan.

Mine says no gum, no aspartame or sucralose, but splenda is OK. Which is strange because Splenda IS sucralose. I tend to take what my coach says with a grain or two of salt (sea, of course), and stick to IP literature.
GrandmaKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 188.8/177.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Cool Being stalled

I lost quickly in the first few days, - 5 pounds, and on days 4 and 5 I felt pretty wiped out, then got a huge burst of energy. Then things seemed to stall. I may not understand exactly how to eat the four cups of vegetables. I usually have salad or steamed vegetable, but sometimes I've used the tsp. Pf oil to do a little sautee. I feel and look thinner, everyone says so, but the weight is not coming off. The scale is stuck. I had one cheat on our 32 nd wedding anniversary in my week 2. I also am Pretty 'irregular' since starting this, so I was told to try magnesium citrate. I he things accelerate.
Ellielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:39 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellielou View Post
I lost quickly in the first few days, - 5 pounds, and on days 4 and 5 I felt pretty wiped out, then got a huge burst of energy. Then things seemed to stall. I may not understand exactly how to eat the four cups of vegetables. I usually have salad or steamed vegetable, but sometimes I've used the tsp. Pf oil to do a little sautee. I feel and look thinner, everyone says so, but the weight is not coming off. The scale is stuck. I had one cheat on our 32 nd wedding anniversary in my week 2. I also am Pretty 'irregular' since starting this, so I was told to try magnesium citrate. I he things accelerate.
What don't you understand about the 4 cups of veggies? Just so you get 4 cups in a day you are good. You can eat them whenever, its recommended that we eat them with lunch and dinner BUT if you need to separate them that is fine. Salad (lettuce) is unlimited so that does NOT count toward your veggies, just want to be clear about that. If you are having "Irregular" issues that will have something to do with it as well. Just hang in there, sounds like you are losing inches vs weight which is just as good
Old 06-24-2012, 12:06 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
How long have you been on IP?
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:20 AM   #26  

This is the only diet that has ever worked for me. It is the only diet that I can easily stick to. I can continue to be social and stay on the diet. I have hypothyroidism, and gained about 20 pounds 20 years ago when I was diagnosed. Since then, I have tried everything to lose the weight but all other diets failed me. I was not able to stick to a diet for more than a week. I was addicted to carbs and sugar, and I would regularly eat ice cream and chips for dinner. Ideal Protein has saved me. I'm almost 7 weeks in, and stayed OP 100% without a thought of cheating. I have lost 8 pounds which is a miracle for my body. I haven't been this weight in over 20 years. I am thrilled with the life style changes. Giving up wine was the hardest part, but I don't even think about what I can't have now. I look forward to what I can have. I can go on and on about how great this program is....It also helps that I love the IP food.
explore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #27  

Default Stalled

Ten days. Used the Mg Citrate. Powerful, so staying close to home. I'm determined for this to work because I have felt so much better without all the carbs, sugar and alcohol and sleep a bot better. I do exercise and hope I don't have to stop. I am only 5'2" so at 182 now, I still have a lot of weight to lose. I lost 18 the slow way and it took me more than a year of WW and exercise programs and trainers, but I was a major cheater. I have not really cheated on this one.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #28  

I think I have not used 4 full cups of veggies in addition to
Lettuce. That was not clear with my coach.

Perhaps this will help. I'm also looking for good ways to prepare those vegetables besides just steaming. Sauté could add fat calories.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #29  

Quote:

Perhaps this will help. I'm also looking for good ways to prepare those vegetables besides just steaming. Sauté could add fat calories.
Are you not writing everything down in your journal for your coach to review weekly? This is very important, write EVERYTHING and the amounts you eat in your journal so that she/he can review it to see where there may be a problem. Look at the recipe threads in the sticky's there are a ton of recipes there.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #30  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

You can saute! Remember you are supposed to have olive oil so use the recommended amount as your saute oil. I made the most delicious fish last night with a little olive oil, garlic and spices. Yummy. Use a non-stick pan and then you don't need much oil and can even use a flavored cooking spray instead. I have been prepping my veggies for several days in advance and put them in zip lock bags. Then I can grab whatever I want. Right now I am on a salad kick w/oil & vinegar dressing so it's really easy to get in the 4 cups of veggies with unlimited lettuce. Don't forget the salt either!
SkimmerRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote