3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   New to site but not yet to IP! Need advice, kinda (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261462-new-site-but-not-yet-ip-need-advice-kinda.html)

aimeed3 06-21-2012 02:53 PM

New to site but not yet to IP! Need advice, kinda

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site (by joining) but being on different diets I have heard of it. I am going to a seminar on Saturday about IP. From what I've been reading it is a very good and successful program (of course if you stick with it).

I was wondering, for someone who has not officially joined IP yet, what would you tell me about it? What kind of success have you had?

I have close to 100 lbs to lose and I've pretty much tried a bunch of different diets out there.

thanks a bunch and I look forward to becoming a part of this group!
Aimee :)

wuv2bloved 06-21-2012 02:59 PM

Its a wonderful program to follow BUT it will ONLY work IF YOU STICK TO IT......NO CHEATING!....I have been on it for almost 15 months now and have had success of losing 164lbs so far with another 20 or so to go. There is a variety of different foods to choose from so you don't get bored with it. Lots of recipes to look through and experiment with. Its up to YOU in how well you do on the program. YOU have to make the COMMITMENT to YOURSELF to make yourself better. You can't do it for anyone else but YOURSELF. Once your head, mind and heart are into it then you will have success. I BELIEVE in this program with my whole heart, I would recommend it to anyone who is willing to put forth the effort to change their lives for the better. I wish you all of the luck in the world.

aimeed3 06-21-2012 03:13 PM

WOW!!! 164 lbs in 15 mths???? What an inspiration you are! Congrats to you! I see you are in Mississippi too. I am in Louisiana.

I do believe I am ready to make this commitment. thank you for replying are for your encouraging words.

sand5699 06-21-2012 03:23 PM

I am like you, i've tried many different Diets, WW, South beach, many more and they would work for a bit then i was right back to eating my old way. I'm 4 and a half months into and down 70 lbs, would like to lose about 80 more and i believe/ i KNOW i can do it! I like this diet because it's very strict, my problem with the other diets is you had so many options it was very easy to cheat. This one is set in stone what you can eat and when you should eat it, and i love that! Plus what has helped me is joining this website, you have a very big support team if you need it. Everyone is so supportive and understanding. And there are so many threads with different receipes or different idea's people come up with so that is a big help so you don't get bored.
Hopefully that helps and like WUV said you can't cheat, and you have to be determined, and wow i never thought it would be me, but here i am 70lbs down, lightest i've been in 12 years and loving it!

aimeed3 06-21-2012 03:34 PM

WOW sand!!! 70 lbs in 4-1/2 mths? You're an inspiration. I will be here in 4 mths saying the same thing! hehe

GrandmaKiss 06-21-2012 03:51 PM

I'm new, so don't yet have the wonderful losses the others have spoken about but there are a few things I'd like to add.

This diet is STRICT, but the very strictness of it is a blessing. I managed to gain 150 lbs. by following my own instincts, so it is nice that my instincts are no longer involved.

This diet is not for kitty-footing around. I've dabbled in more diets than you can name, several of them many times. This diet DEMANDS committment. Yes, you will lose weight even with a cheat here or there, but weight loss isn't the only goal. Allowing our pancreas to rest and normalize so that we can be permanently successfull is the ultimate goal. If we're not following the entire diet as written all we are is hungry.

This diet is totally doable, you will not be hungry and you will be satisfied. The first week is T.O.U.G.H, but then again the first week's losses usually make you forget all the pain. You can cook and eat meals with your family one time a day and it won't be diet food, infact it will be BIG servings of meat and veg.

This diet will make you look at food and what your body needs in a whole new way. I thought I knew it all because of the numerous nutrition classes I've had, but this has been light-bulb moment after light-bulb moment.

This diet is expensive, but not as expensive as bad health in the long run, and even cheaper than many McDonalds/Starbucks habits.

Your weight loss coach will help you once a week. This group will help you any time day or night you reach out. Make us your friends.

Best of luck to you, I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.

:belly: Kristina

snicker--- I did NOT write kitty-footing, I guess the p cat-word is not allowed.

wuv2bloved 06-21-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aimeed3 (Post 4379242)
WOW!!! 164 lbs in 15 mths???? What an inspiration you are! Congrats to you! I see you are in Mississippi too. I am in Louisiana.

I do believe I am ready to make this commitment. thank you for replying are for your encouraging words.

Where in La are you from? we have a lot of posters from La especially the BR area

aimeed3 06-21-2012 04:25 PM

Kristina - Thank you for putting that into perspective for me. I am so excited and cannot wait until Saturday.

Wuv - I live in Laplace, but I work in Gonzales (which is closer to BR)

wuv2bloved 06-21-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aimeed3 (Post 4379322)
Kristina - Thank you for putting that into perspective for me. I am so excited and cannot wait until Saturday.

Wuv - I live in Laplace, but I work in Gonzales (which is closer to BR)

I know where that is, I pass the sign up every time I do to my mom's in Lafayette....lol

qsuzi1 06-21-2012 05:47 PM

A key component is a very knowledgeable coach because there will be some side effects. Many people experience very few or they are mild and they can be resolved some easily. However, please know that there are a few who have several side effects, and some can be severe. Also really think about 4 cups of vegetables every day over a long period. There are many resources, including this site, with some great veggie and IP recipes. Another key thing is to know you can have a 4th packet which is sometimes needed if you experience dizziness or weakness. Some individuals are also carb sensitive and need to make adjustments to the diet selections so they are not stalled or have minimal weight loss. IP or any diet is not for everyone even when you are faithfully following the regimen. Another diet may be better for you. Lastly, don't be discouraged when you don't achieve a 3-7 lb weight loss weekly. Age, medication, health issues, etc. may result in a 1-2 lb weekly loss. Like any diet you can plateau, have weeks with very small or no weight loss, etc.

MiamiCajun 06-21-2012 06:00 PM

[QUOTE=aimeed3;4379209]
I was wondering, for someone who has not officially joined IP yet, what would you tell me about it? What kind of success have you had?

QUOTE]

Aimee! You'll love this! I just finished my first week and I was already prepared with my Walden Farm dressings as well as salad, natural sea salt, extra virgin olive oil and allowed veggies. I didn't feel bad the first few days but on the 5th I was dragging. I just found out i lost 13 pounds and I totally contribute it to all the water I was drinking! The more the better. Best wishes in your journey!

JellyMae87 06-21-2012 07:48 PM

I think that the best thing to keep in mind is that this is what you want... We all "want" to be skinny, but we wont get there with the way you currently eat!!

usmcvet 06-21-2012 11:50 PM

I saw a buddy who lost 55 pounds on IP. He looked great. I went to a the IP presentation the same night and joined the next day. I started IP 12 weeks ago today and 93.2 pounds ago. Go to the talk and check it out. Besides Marine Corps boot camp it is the only plan I've had any real success with. It works very well if you follow the plan. I have 250 pounds I want to loose and about 156 left to go.

aimeed3 06-22-2012 08:37 AM

WOW!! You all are doing so good!! Congrats to everyone on your weight loss. Thank you all for the advice and suggestions.

I am like a kid on Christmas Eve. I cannot wait till 10AM tomorrow.

I am a little confused about the "packets". Everyone keeps talking about them and I have no idea what they are.

Hope everyone is having a great day so far.

greeniris 06-22-2012 08:55 AM

The 'packets' are how the IP food is sold. Mix with water in a shaker and prepare according to directions or recipes found in various threads here. Try them all and determine which are for you. Even ones you don't like by itself may take on a new life when made into some of the recipes for it. Don't be afraid to experiment!

Good luck to you, and we all look forward to hearing about your future successes!