Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #106  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Wingnutandme: Happy Happy Birthday! And glad to hear you are a part-time Michigander. Was down that way on Saturday, well, in Harrison. You have been making awesome progress!

Kaypix: Am so sorry you've had a bad day. But you know you are strong and will turn it around. Tomorrow is a brand new start! The cartoon you posted is funny, but touches on an everyday challenge...just got back from my first trip to the grocery store since starting IP. Wow. It was not easy...especially seeing my favorite ice cream on sale!

Foxxy: Good luck on your first WI!

kmstacy: Very sorry about your loss. You'll get right back on track.

usmcvet: Love reading your NSVs! Looking forward to some of those myself!

Any advice on how to handle family members that are not supportive of your efforts to get healthy? Was pretty disappointed in my mom & sister on Saturday, my 2nd OP day. Went to visit for the day and took my own meals. At dinner time (dinner was done for everyone, but still in the oven), mom & sis decide to drive into town to get ice cream cones & were put out that I didn't want to join them! I stayed at the house, ate my own dinner, then went home when they got back. Fortunately it's nearly an hour to my folks place, so this kind of thing shouldn't happen often :/
Old 05-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #107  
Started IP April 4, 2012

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Up North Girl knows I'm a part-time Michigander, for now. Greeniris, I'm just a bit south of you between Houghton Lake and Gladwin. My DH and I have a cottage on a small private lake. We come up about 4 times a year, but are working toward retiring up there in the next couple years.

Today is my birthday. I'm trying to be positive after my zero loss last week. Fortunately, hardly anyone knew it's my b-day so no cake or temptations. In fact I'm home alone as DH is working one of his night shifts tonight and won't be home until after I'm at work tomorrow.

I'm glad to see all the good news from others and lots of new pics posted. It's fun to put faces to names.

Keep up all the good work and stay OP.
Molly
Happy Birthday, Molly!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #108  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Happy Birthday Molly!

I've had an uneventful and 100% OP day. Except for one rather odd thing... just around dinner time I started feeling rather wozzy... had to lie down for a couple of minutes, and then go back and finish preparing my dinner (Grilled tilapia, cauliflower & asparagus). I did the salt lick & water thing, and it helped somewhat, but I'm still feeling rather weird in the head. It's been a very hot and humid day here, and I'm wondering if that's somehow affecting me... I haven't felt like eating 'heavy' today, so had RTDs for both breakfast and lunch, cucumbers & celery w WF blue cheese dip with lunch, and a Pure Protein bar around 3:30pm. I've been craving water today, and have downed at least 10 glasses, a couple of them with MIO. It's been quite a while since I experienced this light-headed feeling with IP, and it surprised me.

Having my pre-bed protein drink right now, and soon off to bed for an early night.

Hope everyone's had a good OP Day.

Last edited by evepet; 05-29-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #109  
Started IP April 19, 2012

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! I haven't posted in a while but am still here reading your posts and wanted to let you know that it helps me everyday!
Happy birthday Molly!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #110  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Wingnutandme: Happy Happy Birthday! And glad to hear you are a part-time Michigander. Was down that way on Saturday, well, in Harrison. You have been making awesome progress!

Kaypix: Am so sorry you've had a bad day. But you know you are strong and will turn it around. Tomorrow is a brand new start! The cartoon you posted is funny, but touches on an everyday challenge...just got back from my first trip to the grocery store since starting IP. Wow. It was not easy...especially seeing my favorite ice cream on sale!

Foxxy: Good luck on your first WI!

kmstacy: Very sorry about your loss. You'll get right back on track.

usmcvet: Love reading your NSVs! Looking forward to some of those myself!

Any advice on how to handle family members that are not supportive of your efforts to get healthy? Was pretty disappointed in my mom & sister on Saturday, my 2nd OP day. Went to visit for the day and took my own meals. At dinner time (dinner was done for everyone, but still in the oven), mom & sis decide to drive into town to get ice cream cones & were put out that I didn't want to join them! I stayed at the house, ate my own dinner, then went home when they got back. Fortunately it's nearly an hour to my folks place, so this kind of thing shouldn't happen often :/
Well my wife was my biggest critic from day one, it took about 6 weeks for here to turn around a little. She was shocked at the first few bills, I think it was over $300 the first few weeks as I bought things by the box. I keep stuff at work at home and a little in my truck too so I am not w/o MY FOOD if I need to eat or drink something.

Success has stopped most of the critics and honestly I don't care what anyone else thinks. This really freaking works for me, and many others so they can pound sand. I am in this for me. We are here for you, come and check in when you need to. I know I do and it really, really helps.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #111  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Kara,

You know the whole forum is here for you. Tomorrow is a new day.

P.S. Watch for the mail.

Molly
Molly - Thank you very much, and I got the "note" when I got home so I'm going to the PO tomorrow AM before work and getting my mail And Happy birthday, sorry I was a wet blanket today, normally I'm upbeat but today I'm just beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
HUGS Kara!!!! I know what that feels like to have a complete meltdown...and making a bad decision in the heat of the moment! You will be OK. Just breathe and be glad you're still not binging! You will be OK!!!! Time to focus on what is making us overeat, and more specifically, emotionally overeat. My sister was here in Feb and she was battling SEVERE postpartum depression. My IP hit the skids, as I turned to food to comfort my own emotions. WRONG THING TO DO!!! I realize this go-around on IP that I have to deal with the reasons WHY I want to overeat. I find it's emotional 99% of the time. Now I am learning to deal with my emotions in a NON-EATING way - bike ride, go for a walk, go dig some weeds, go for coffee with a friend, drive somewhere for some alone time, go window shopping, go to a store and "shop" but leave your wallet at home...those kinds of things.

Dust yourself off and get back on track right now. You will be OK!
Thanks so much for the encouragement Patti. I'm just glad I stopped at one Endulge Atkins bar for my "binge" as opposed to something more substantial, but I'm still hoping that I don't lose my loss for the week, I was really hoping to get to 175 next Monday but now I just don't know And I'm not walking this week because I thought maybe the exercise was slowing me down a bit...
Old 05-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #112  
Foxxybrown

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
7.6 is awesome!
I love seeing your posts, Swap out the stuff you don't like, and go for what you like or might like. Sending you the whoosh fairy for WI #1.
Thanks USMCVET!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #113  
Foxxybrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aud007 View Post
Good luck with your WI. Thanks for the tip re: cinnamon, such a great idea, will try it for sure. I love the chili.
Thanks Aud007! I used to make chili with Textured Vegetable protein, cinnamon and a piece of unsweetened chocolate (Cincinnati Chili) and decided why not add some cinnamon!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:54 PM   #114  
Foxxybrown

Quote:
Up North Girl knows I'm a part-time Michigander, for now. Greeniris, I'm just a bit south of you between Houghton Lake and Gladwin. My DH and I have a cottage on a small private lake. We come up about 4 times a year, but are working toward retiring up there in the next couple years.

Today is my birthday. I'm trying to be positive after my zero loss last week. Fortunately, hardly anyone knew it's my b-day so no cake or temptations. In fact I'm home alone as DH is working one of his night shifts tonight and won't be home until after I'm at work tomorrow.

I'm glad to see all the good news from others and lots of new pics posted. It's fun to put faces to names.

Keep up all the good work and stay OP.
Molly
Happy Birthday Molly!!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:57 PM   #115  
Foxxybrown

I must say, I have had a mixed evening. Ate according to plan, however I was explaining to my new boss for a part time gig how I may need to wait on new uniforms because I will be losing weight possibly quickly. She told me I looked like I already lost weight in this past week and asked if what I was doing was healthy and if I was losing lean muscle mass. I explained to her no, and that I have plenty protein, just cutting down on the carbs and that this is something done in most doctor's offices/chiro/etc. She kinda looked at me as if she was uncertain. How do you guys handle things like that?
Old 05-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #116  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

It is tough knowing what to say to who. I was pretty quiet with all but my closest friends and every one here at 3fc until I was a month into this. Your success will speak volumes. Do you need to buy the uniforms? Or does work provide them? I've been at the same place since '95 soooo I have some old stuff that I can switch to and I just picked up two pair of pants at the cleaners today that cost me $44 to have taken in. Two new pair would have cost $120 or more so it was a good deal.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:12 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
If you eat too much protein it can actually take you out of ketosis. I don't think a few extra ounces of meat would be an issue, and you can always break up your 8 oz of dinner protein, but the ip guidelines seem to be strict to avoid people taking the mile when given an inch!
Makes perfect sense! I knew someone would have the answer.

Happy birthday Molly!

For all the people have struggles - hang in there - tomorrow is a new day.

My coach handed out a sheet last week about how people will sabotage you or not believe in you or the program. We talked about affirmations, and posting them on your fridge, in the bathroom, and she carries them in her purse, and pulls them out when she needs them. This diet also requires people (us) to believe in what we are doing - that we can do it - we can change. it was really good!

We will all have down days, and doubts, but if we believe in ourselves - it really shouldn't matter what anyone else says.

Like Dr. Seuess said, "Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind!"

Eleanor Roosevelt also said, "Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

I love Eleanor!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:12 PM   #118  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Happy Birthday Molly - Hope you enjoyed your day ! Sometimes being alone is the absolute best company !!!

I'm sure that DH will celebrate with you tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:12 PM   #119  
Foxxybrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
It is tough knowing what to say to who. I was pretty quiet with all but my closest friends and every one here at 3fc until I was a month into this. Your success will speak volumes. Do you need to buy the uniforms? Or does work provide them? I've been at the same place since '95 soooo I have some old stuff that I can switch to and I just picked up two pair of pants at the cleaners today that cost me $44 to have taken in. Two new pair would have cost $120 or more so it was a good deal.

She actually buys the uniforms, so I told her to just get it a size smaller than I had originally ordered. I order XL, told her to just get the L. But it's interesting that she and the girl in training said I look like I have already lost weight in one week and I only been on the diet for 8 days. But even when I look in the mirror I see that my face looks slimmer. Oh well. I may keep it a little quiet, yet I'm also a coach, so I will just tell people I network with and stop telling friends and family. I don't like being judge by people who are ignorant to the fact of what I'm doing. People judge before hearing the full matter.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #120  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Happy Birthday MOLLY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxybrown View Post
Congrats to all the NSVs and successful WIs!!!! I have been busy today trying to work on plans as being an IP Coach. I have been eating well and realized a few things:

- I DO NOT like the drinks, especially the blue cran granata. I think I'm taking them all back to trade. I don't feel satisfied with them and a salad.

- The soy patty actually is a good burger to have.

- Veggie Chili on salad with hot sauce and bell peppers is the bomb!!! Plus with cinnamon!

- Puddings are better as shakes than the actually drink mixes. Wish I could make them into cakes too.

SO, tomorrow is my first WI!!! Wish me luck !!!
Good luck on WI! And fyi on pudding cakes:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ding-cake.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmstacy View Post
i posted a thread but thought maybe it should go here instead...My start day was Mon 5-21 and i did great and made it thru headaches and all but towards end of week i fell off..my grandma passed away she was very ill and i am grateful that I was able to be with her in the hospital for her last days and my oldest daughter graduated on sat so it has been a very busy and emotional week..I am back on track but nervous as my first wi is tomorrow night . I hope my coach isn't mad ..i will be surprised if i lost anything. Does anyone have any advice?
So sorry for your loss, my only advice is to start tomorrow as a new day and use this as a lesson in how to handle stressful situations in the future. You are so early in this process, talk with your coach honestly and write everything down in your food journal, using each situation to handle the next is what we all do.

Last edited by LizRR; 05-29-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Closed Thread