Old 05-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Im a newbie! Help with travel

Just wanted to say hi, I just got done with my 1st week on IP and lost 12.8 pounds. Im not finding its extrememly hard if I can just get past the hunger pains some days. Anyhow, I am going on a cruise for 5 days in the next month and was wondering if anyone could give me tips for staying on the plan. I thought Id bring shakes for breakfast and lunch but if anyone has better idea please let me know, Im really worried....
Thanks in advance!!!!!!!
saintsbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #2  
Started IP 4/5/2012

S/C/G: 200/190.1/140

Height: 5'7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsbelle View Post
Just wanted to say hi, I just got done with my 1st week on IP and lost 12.8 pounds. Im not finding its extrememly hard if I can just get past the hunger pains some days. Anyhow, I am going on a cruise for 5 days in the next month and was wondering if anyone could give me tips for staying on the plan. I thought Id bring shakes for breakfast and lunch but if anyone has better idea please let me know, Im really worried....
Thanks in advance!!!!!!!
WOW Way to GO!!!! I am interested in seeing some of the more experienced peoples replies.... but wanted to say Congrats to you!
cass2ander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #3  

Thank you cass2ander!!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #4  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I went on travel during week #3 on IP - I actually had to do an unintentional Phaseing...since my work travel was extended by an extra 3 days with no notice and I'd only brought enough food for 2 days! In that time I also traveled the adjoining 2 weekends for a wedding and my dad's retirement party (9/14 days total). If you see my history, I still ended up losing over the 2 week period - but I was VERY careful to choose my foods and be as IP-friendly as possible.

It sounds like you have a good plan, just bring your IP food and a plan. Enjoy your cruise, and remember it's about relaxing and spending time with your family and seeing different, beautiful places, not the buffet! Speaking of which, the buffet can be your friend, with the variety of choices you will most likely have a wider variety of IP-friendly foods.

I'm actually traveling for a 4-day wedding weekend on Fri, but will luckily have a full kitchen at my disposal. Congrats on the great WI#1!!! That should be great motivation to stay OP! Have fun, and bring a copy of your Phase 1 sheet with you for reference in case you hit a snag - always refer to that when in doubt!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #5  

Thanks everyone!!! I definitely will be enjoying my trip I think Im going to make conscious decisions and try and stay as true to the plan as I can. Im doing good on the plan and losing everyday so I definitely want to keep it up!!!! Maybe one day I'll be wearing a bikini, thats funny now!!!!

Old 05-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #6  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Where in La are you? We are trying to have a support group meeting in the BR area. I am in Gulfport Ms but will travel to go to it. There are a few people that have gone on cruises while OP. Post this in the daily as well because some don't read the new threads started
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #7  

Im in Natchitoches, Baton rouge is about 3 hours away.... I would love a support group, thats something I'd go to if got it started....