Old 06-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #91  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

It's funny. Last night when I came home everyone was at the dinner table. They said hi and asked what I weighed. They new it was WI day for me. I stopped and said I don't know what I weigh but I know I lost 5 pounds and have lost a total of 87.2 pounds. I only saw my weight here now on my ticker.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:29 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 338/314/250

Height: 6ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
It's funny. Last night when I came home everyone was at the dinner table. They said hi and asked what I weighed. They new it was WI day for me. I stopped and said I don't know what I weigh but I know I lost 5 pounds and have lost a total of 87.2 pounds. I only saw my weight here now on my ticker.
I know what you mean. I only weigh myself a day or two before my WI just to see where I am at. I am not too concerned with the actual number other then the lbs and inches lost. Although I realized the other day that once I get under 300, I really am not sure how long its been since I was under 300. Maybe 10 years maybe 15. It's sad that we end up blocking that info from ourselves. I am just glad that for whatever reason I made the decision this year. I am 41 and for some reason last years bday did not do anything to me, but this year all I could think of was "9 from 50"!! lol

But I am looking to the future and soon will be under 300!

JP
txman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:11 AM   #93  

How much protein a day???

I am now in week 6 and am experiencing a mental off period as well as slightly off center and little nausea for a time period each day. I cant really describe it other then I am just "off" feeling. I drink 8 plus 1 liter bottles (33.8) a day so I know I am not dehydrated. I am taking the 3 packets a day with 2 salads and the 4 cups of vegetables. I also have been for past 2 weeks including a EAS Chocolate shake as well to make it 4 protein/packet items a day.

It has just been this week were I have started feeling this way. I am still losing weight, but I am just curious if anyone knows what the "correct" amount of protein a day a person over 300lb should have while on this plan?

the other day I was feeling really off while at work and had had lunch a few hours before and had a chocolate IP drink but was still feeling off. I ran to a local gas station and bought a Muscle Milk and was feeling much better after only drinking it half of it.

With the 3 IP packets I am taking daily the Protein amount is 51grams. Add 17 grams of protein from the EAS Carb Control I drink a day as well = 68grams. Then my dinner has 8 to 10 oz portion of chicken or beef.

Is it possible that I need more then 4 protein items a day, or is this week ( 6) just a strange transition? I am generally eating every 2 or so hours.

I know that IP Coaches have minimal nutritional training and just give the generic "if over 200lbs and want to lost more then 50 lbs, then you shoudl be having 4 IP packets a day".

Hopefully this makes sense and my question is clear.
JP

P.S. I am taking the 3 suggested bottles of supplements that IP sells.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #94  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by txman2012 View Post
How much protein a day???

I am now in week 6 and am experiencing a mental off period as well as slightly off center and little nausea for a time period each day. I cant really describe it other then I am just "off" feeling. I drink 8 plus 1 liter bottles (33.8) a day so I know I am not dehydrated. I am taking the 3 packets a day with 2 salads and the 4 cups of vegetables. I also have been for past 2 weeks including a EAS Chocolate shake as well to make it 4 protein/packet items a day.

It has just been this week were I have started feeling this way. I am still losing weight, but I am just curious if anyone knows what the "correct" amount of protein a day a person over 300lb should have while on this plan?

the other day I was feeling really off while at work and had had lunch a few hours before and had a chocolate IP drink but was still feeling off. I ran to a local gas station and bought a Muscle Milk and was feeling much better after only drinking it half of it.

With the 3 IP packets I am taking daily the Protein amount is 51grams. Add 17 grams of protein from the EAS Carb Control I drink a day as well = 68grams. Then my dinner has 8 to 10 oz portion of chicken or beef.

Is it possible that I need more then 4 protein items a day, or is this week ( 6) just a strange transition? I am generally eating every 2 or so hours.

I know that IP Coaches have minimal nutritional training and just give the generic "if over 200lbs and want to lost more then 50 lbs, then you shoudl be having 4 IP packets a day".

Hopefully this makes sense and my question is clear.
JP

P.S. I am taking the 3 suggested bottles of supplements that IP sells.
I was 470 when. I started. One of the coaches I had said I would be on the alternate plan and could eat 5 packets a day and up to 7 if I needed to. I am really glad she said that. I could tell by the look on her face she was winging it. I'm glad she had the balls to. I know it helped me stay OP. Listen to your body. If you're eating all your veggies and water, getting your supplements and salt then have an extra unrestricted packet when you need to.

Last edited by usmcvet; 06-09-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #95  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
I'd love to come your way some time. Do you hunt? I have not in years, it's been too hard to get around in the woods.

And Thorfinn we can still hang out and have a drink we will just make it a black GMCR coffee! Still manly!
That's what I'm drinking right now. I have to bring Thomas down for a visit while you're working. We need some updated pictures
Thorfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #96  

Quote:
I'm still in the IP honeymoon phase so I'm on the scale a couple times a day wondering if the old warhorse is accurate or not
Old 06-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #97  

Quote:
I was 470 when. I started. One of the coaches I had said I would be on the alternate plan and could eat 5 packets a day and up to 7 if I needed to. I am really glad she said that. I could tell by the look on her face she was winging it. I'm glad she had the balls to. I know it helped me stay OP. Listen to your body. If you're eating all your veggies and water, getting your supplements and salt then have an extra unrestricted packet when you need to.
OK. Thats what I was thinking since I noticed I felt better after the muscle milk. I am just curious why after 5 weeks my body is starting to do this. MY other concern is that "extra" protein packets/alternative drinks will slow down the WL process. But I am assuming since they are not carbs and have little sugar that wont be the case.

Thats why I was curious if anyone knew the max amount of protein a day while on this plan to still be effective. Would be great if we had a much more specific guidelines.

I appreciate your response USMCVET.
JP
Old 06-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #98  
Started IP on 5/23/2012

S/C/G: 312/279/200

Height: 6' 1"

Just a thought for more protein. Try a few egg whites. You get the protein without many carbs or cals.
thefatrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #99  
Began IP 3-29-2012

I also have some protien powder called isopure it is 0/0/0 so you can have it any time you want or need it. It tastes okay and I've used it a few times but this might even work better for you. I use hard boiled eggs too sometimes for a snack. Egg whites would I assume be even better w/o the fat of the yolk.

I think this is where I bought it:
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/e...jsp?id=NP-1183

If I buy again it will be one of the chocolates:
http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3126561
Old 06-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #100  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorfinn View Post
That's what I'm drinking right now. I have to bring Thomas down for a visit while you're working. We need some updated pictures
Sounds good. I have a can for the .22 we can try out too. Do you belong to Lamoile County F&G?
Old 06-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #101  

Quote:
Sounds good. I have a can for the .22 we can try out too. Do you belong to Lamoile County F&G?
Not for a long time but I have a nice place in Stowe hollow we can shoot at.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #102  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorfinn View Post
Not for a long time but I have a nice place in Stowe hollow we can shoot at.
Sweet and closer.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #103  

Quote:
Sweet and closer.
I have Sundays and Mondays off right now so get in touch. Hopefully I'll be hiring another employee next week so I can just work Tues/Wed/Thurs through the summer.

Let me know when you want to go. As long as It's not a boating day I'll probably be game
Old 06-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #104  
Began IP 3-29-2012

I'm off most Monday too. Not next week though. I will call you.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #105  
Began IP 3-29-2012

NSV I went to Walmart and bought two new bathing suits for $14.97 and $9.97! They're nowhere near as nice and will not last 4 years like the last two but I don't need them to and they were half what I paid a piece for the last two at Casual Male! So needing new suits was an NSV and being able to buy clothing at a regular store not the big boy store was another huge success.