3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Newbies - what's your goal? What's your motivation? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/259324-newbies-whats-your-goal-whats-your-motivation.html)

Bdmom 06-07-2012 05:14 PM

I started this program (with alternative products) on Monday 6/3/12. My reason is simple - I am tired of having my weight being the reason I pass up on opportunities to experience new things, enjoy my family and be the best me possible.

KathrynRose 06-07-2012 05:40 PM

I have many goals and motivations. My main goal is to be healthy enough to run with my kids, and to weigh little enough to get IVF. I don't have much time left as I am almost the ripe "old" age of 36.

Mommameccage 06-07-2012 11:28 PM

I started IP June 3. Today was my first weigh in and I'm down 3 pounds! I really enjoy reading the posts on the 3FC forum...so helpful and encouraging!

ShoBan 06-08-2012 01:40 AM

My Motivation

I want to lose about 40 lbs. to begin with, then I'll be under 200. Haven't been that weight since I was 19. My motivation is health reasons mainly. I'm tired of taking all the medications, and I want to feel good about myself. This is day 3, some of the IP foods don't agree with me or taste too salty. anyone else have this problem?

LosingLawyer 06-08-2012 02:24 AM

I started this diet on Monday 6/3/12 (my partner in crime is Bdmom). I am losing weight because I need to get healthy to start having kids! Plus, I miss being fit and missing out on a lot of fun activities because of weight. My weight has gone up and down in the past, but I feel like I am so much more committed this time, and I'm super excited that I found IP.

rABiDkittEn 06-08-2012 06:30 PM

Well, I have been perusing this website for a few years, and get a lot of inspiration from everyone! Now, I'm finally jumping in.

I have picked up IP 'alternatives', and am starting on Monday (I have a bbq to go to tomorrow, and will be drinking and eating terrible things I am sure!)

I used to be a 'skinny girl' (as so many of us were!), and apparently I am an emotional eater! A lot of changes happened in my life in my 30s, and the weight gain began.

I have returned to school, and am graduating with 2 BFAs next spring. I am starting a new chapter in my life. I want to be healthy and energized for it! I want to give myself every opportunity to start over. This weight has got to go.

Looking forward to checking in with you all!! Anybody else just starting out that wants to do some motivational buddying up, let me know!!

Beck81 06-08-2012 07:00 PM

My son is getting married in September so that was one reason along with wanting to get healthier for myself. Now a big wake up call happened this week with my 53 year old brother having a massive heart attack. My mother and her two brothers had heart attacks in their forties so the family history is there. The diet is going great so far, 28 lbs in 6 weeks!

rABiDkittEn 06-08-2012 07:58 PM

Yikes. Sorry to read about your brother. That is definitely a wake up call. I've also had some family health issues recently that are spurring me on.

Great job on the 6 weeks!! Inspirational.

Heitina 06-09-2012 01:04 AM

I want to take charge of my health. I no longer want to feel yucky and bloated. This is my first day on IP & I have not had to take an antacid - my body is already telling me that I'm heading in the right direction....one step at a time.....

MoeJay 06-15-2012 09:38 PM

I started IP because I felt like I was being smothered inside my skin. Just one month later, I sleep better, have more energy, and don't suffer junk food guilt anymore. I already feel like a different person. The other motivation besides simply feeling better is to teach my daughters how to eat properly while they are young enough to absorb it.

cscape 06-15-2012 11:00 PM

I have been floundering for the past 1.5 years.using food to cope with one crisis after another..and 60lb later I am tired of beating on my body. I loathe what I have become, and hate the fact that I resorted to using food to cope (again). Prednisone while helpful to my illness, raised havoc with other parts of me.
I went to the info class 6/7 and after reading your posts this week, I was so encouraged I signed on with the program, and today was Day 1. It went easier than I thought it would!

Rhonduz 06-16-2012 10:25 AM

Hello everyone. I started IP June 11 and my first WI is on tues. Since marrying my Sicilian hubby, I.e. spaghetti, oil bread, and lots of cheese, I've packed on 50 or more pounds and Wei that much more than he does. My motivation is to weigh less than him. Reading these posts has been very helpful. Thank you all for being inspirational.

nomoreweight 06-16-2012 11:31 AM

Hello, group! Sorry this is so long! I don't think I have ever looked at "my story" in this way before...

I was active in high school, then got pregnant when I was 16. With a body that young and active (I was literally in evey sport I was allowed to be in), the weight packed on fast. Before I was pregnant, my weight was 105, and I was 5'5". The day I left the hospital after having my son, I weighed 198!

I got back into the swing of things, and went down to 160 by the time I graduated...IN 1995!!
Life happened, and my weight kept crawling up. In 2002, I had another baby. This time, she was born very sick and passed away 8 months later. A lot of sympathy food and hospital food didn't help, but I really didn't even care.

In 2009 I got pregnant again. I gave birth, again, at 198 lbs. 16 months later, I was pregnant again, gained 10 lbs, and had a miscarriage. 6 months later, I was pregnant again and had a healthy baby girl May 22, 2011. This time, though, my delivery weight was 204.

I nursed my daughter for 8 months, and my weight went down a little, but came right back up when I stopped nursing. My father (and best friend) passed away suddenly last year, and I have been helping my mom get her house ready to be one the market and move into an apt. That means eating more fast food than I am used to, less sleep, and more stress. That combination now equals 206!

My motivation is to feel better about myself. A lot of woman say they felt better about themselves and/or looked better before they had kids. That was a long time ago, and I was just a young teen, but I still agree with that statement. I don't ever expect to be 105 again, but I would love to get rid of at least 60 lbs. My final goal will be to get to 125.
My first goal is to get to 150 by my birthday, Nov 14. That would be 22 weeks from my IP start date, and 56 lbs from my start weight. I know I can do this!

I love this forum, and have become really addicted to it. I need to shut the computer and force myself to walk away just to eat! My start date was June 12, and my weigh in is Tues. As of now, day 5, I have not cheated and have no intention of doing so. I am not very confident in seeing a big number on my first WI, however, but I remain in faith!

Thanks for all the encouraging stories here, and I look forward to losing with you!

gongjubyung 06-16-2012 03:57 PM

i'm doing this for me and for the health and happiness of my family. after delivering a second healthy daughter, i found it impossible to lose the weight. i am 40lbs over my usual weight, and am very unhappy with myself. i have no motivation to get dressed for work, or be active with my kids, because i am not happy within. i want my daughters to grow up with a self empowered mom, who is not obsessed with her appearance. i hope to make some big changes quickly, and maintain a healthy lifestyle that will encourage them to live the same. here's to never being on a diet again!:carrot:

MoeJay 06-16-2012 09:50 PM

Nomoreweight--I'm sorry for your losses. You sound like an incredibly strong person. Best of luck on IP! I've been on it for a month, and in my experience, getting past day 4/5 was the hardest part. It's been all downhill from there.