3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Newbies - what's your goal? What's your motivation? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/259324-newbies-whats-your-goal-whats-your-motivation.html)

fourkids4 05-29-2012 10:29 PM

Back from my first WI lost 6.4 lbs, is this good? Coach was pleased but I find it very little. DH lost 13 lbs!

Ravenswood2012 05-30-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourkids4 (Post 4351563)
Back from my first WI lost 6.4 lbs, is this good? Coach was pleased but I find it very little. DH lost 13 lbs!

WOW!! That's awesome!!! Congrats & keep up the good work!!

My WI is Thursday ~ wish me luck...

NOVAScents 05-30-2012 01:35 PM

Excellent WI!

Mufassia 05-30-2012 06:13 PM

Yay onederland! First weigh in and first goal down. I'm a happy IPer!

Mamalee 05-30-2012 07:44 PM

Just starting IP

I am new to IP, just starting this afternoon with an IP snack. Tomorrow will be my first official full day. I am very excited about this new phase/adventure in my life. It seems like IP is going to finally be my last diet! :)

I have many motivations but a primary one is to get healthy so I am around for my children, and eventually my grandkids. I want to be one of those healthy grammas that does awesome stuff with my grandkids :-) I want to be close to them, not trailing behind using a walker on in a wheelchair. I need to get healthy, cause I'm not.

Another motivation would be that I am so sick of hurting all the time. I have bad knees, elbows and feet. I am too young to be hurting like this all the time. Ialways thought all this started when you were in your 70's, not in your 40's. :(

Also, another motivation is my weight itself (and having no clothes that fit, again) When I hit 220.4 lbs, I flipped out. I started doing the same old stuff I always do, lost 10 lbs and got stuck, once again. I eat well, I exercise like crazy but my body just doesn't even seem to know what to do anymore. It doesn't give me signals or read my signals. I bounce up and down 20 pounds like a yo-yo. Nothing ever helps me break through barriers, I get frustrated and quit. :mad: Also, nothing is ever final, it all comes back on and more. I need a diet that is a lifelong lifestyle change. IP seems to fit the bill.

My SIL did IP and had huge success. She was so happy with it. I Thought I would jump in a give it a try. I am feeling very hopeful. I am thankful for this forum. It seems like it will be quite helpful. :-)

thefatrunner 06-01-2012 01:08 AM

My motivation...

A year ago a dear friend of mine went into severe Kidney Failure. We went and had coffee one day and I told him that if I matched he could have one of mine. He is in his late 60's and had already made the choice not to go on the registry or pursue a transplant at all. He is comfortable with his life and despite being appreciative of the offer he politley declined. He did plant a seed in my head that if I genuinely would offer my kidney to him, why not someone else younger. So it stewed in my head for several weeks, lots of hours on google researching kidney donations. I made the choice to donate a kidney to someone around my age. I got in touch with Mayo clinic and they ran some preliminary blood work and health screening and found that I was a possible match for a 28 year old gal from Arizona. I flew to pheonix for a weeks worth of testing,poking, and prodding. My kidney is a perfect match for this young gal. Only one problem... because I am under 30 my BMI is over their recommended limit for donation. If I was 30 they would do it. Even though I have muscular build and perfect health they have to follow guidelines to a T. So I am loosing weight to be able to meet guidelines to donate a kidney to a stranger.

kjoje 06-01-2012 09:22 AM

Here I Go!!!

First post....Began Wednesday 5/30/2012. Overall, feeling great! Have been reading the posts on here for 2 weeks and am amazed with all of the success and positive things you all have to say about this diet. You have been a great deal of my motivation. I'm excited yet nervous and am ready to begin this journey. Thank you for your encouraging words!!! ;)

julied31 06-01-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefatrunner (Post 4354834)
My motivation...

A year ago a dear friend of mine went into severe Kidney Failure. We went and had coffee one day and I told him that if I matched he could have one of mine. He is in his late 60's and had already made the choice not to go on the registry or pursue a transplant at all. He is comfortable with his life and despite being appreciative of the offer he politley declined. He did plant a seed in my head that if I genuinely would offer my kidney to him, why not someone else younger. So it stewed in my head for several weeks, lots of hours on google researching kidney donations. I made the choice to donate a kidney to someone around my age. I got in touch with Mayo clinic and they ran some preliminary blood work and health screening and found that I was a possible match for a 28 year old gal from Arizona. I flew to pheonix for a weeks worth of testing,poking, and prodding. My kidney is a perfect match for this young gal. Only one problem... because I am under 30 my BMI is over their recommended limit for donation. If I was 30 they would do it. Even though I have muscular build and perfect health they have to follow guidelines to a T. So I am loosing weight to be able to meet guidelines to donate a kidney to a stranger.

That is awesome!! I have a similar story.....I was found to be a match to an acquaintance in January. Went through all the tests, everything was good. 2 days before they did the CT scan to make sure my kidneys were in the right place, etc., they called to say that they did further matching tests and we were no longer a match. After a few days I decided I would keep going in the process to donate to a stranger. I went throught the CT scan and more blood work and urine tests. Everything still looked good. They went to the "committee" and ultimately decided that since my BMI was on the higher side of their guidelines, my 2 hour glucose test was borderline high and the fact that my mother has high blood pressure, that they would reject me as a donor. I know they do it for my own good, but I'm still kind of mad about it. My BMI was the same from the start, couldn't they have decided all this before going through all these tests and taking days off of work, etc.? Once I lose weight, I may try again to be a donor, I'm not sure.

My motivation is that I feel fat all the time and my kids (ages 6 & 9) make comments about me being fat. So, my first goal to get under 200. I have to think of something good to reward myself when that happens!

AnnaBanana16 06-06-2012 05:03 PM

My Goal

So, I recently heard about 3FC and started reading through it. Alot of people seemed to be having alot of success, and I want to be one of them! I'm only 16 and I've been struggling with my weight for a long time. I'm 5'9 and I started out at 250! I managed to curb my eating habits and dropped pop from my diet completely. I'm down to 220 now and I feel like I've plateau-ed. I've had alot of stress going on around me which doesn't help and I just can't seem to find my will-power once again to keep my eating on a leash. My goal is 160 and I'm trying to find new ways to get there. Any advice would be much appreciated. :)

Cmhartrick 06-06-2012 05:51 PM

I have been on IP for 6 wks tomorrow and have lost 18.8 my goal is to 150. Starting weight was 252. Love this diet and this site!!

darcrista 06-06-2012 09:11 PM

Wow, there are some really amazing stories here. Good luck to you all! Just starting my second week on IP. I am on day 8 and had my 1st weigh in today. I lost 7 pounds! My mini goal is to lose 20 lbs for my sister's wedding which is June 30th. I know it's kind of a long shot, but I'm going to try. My long term goal is to lose 50lbs. I'd really like to do this by the end of the summer but I think it might take longer. My motivation is my son. He is 14 months old and just starting to RUN around. I want to be in good shape to be able to play and run after him. I want to feel good in my clothes and in my body. So that's that. :)

kjoje 06-06-2012 09:37 PM

Had my first weigh in today...I lost 10 pounds. I was soooo excited! I really can't get over how good I feel on this diet. I've done alot of diets and can honestly say this has been the easiest most satisfying one I've ever been on. Thought I would go crazy without my french vanilla in my coffee (now just use a vanilla drink as the substitute). Diet coke was my other downfall. In fact, I have never been a water drinker. Now that I have been off of the diet coke and have replaced it with water and ice tea with lemon, I find I don't even miss the diet coke. In fact, I am certain that by not drinking it I feel much better. I love all of the drinks, they satisfy my need for sweets and the soups have been great for lunch and or sauces for vegys and meat. I can honestly say I was only hungry the very first day, otherwise, no hunger and increased energy everyday! Love this sight. Read it daily! Good luck to all of us Newbies and Great job on everyones success!

LilacPants 06-07-2012 01:52 AM

visualizing success for last third of IP journey

I started on IP Nov 5, 2011. Prior to that in the planning and research stage I first came across 3FC when I did a yahoo search. Around March 2012 I started checking in periodically for inspiration and answers, but it was just this week that I joined so I could post....so am a newbie in that sense!

I have lost 48# so far (started at 195.8 for 5'5"), and of late have gotten many unsolicited positive comments that almost distract me from my goal and make me feel that I don't have to try anymore. So I have had to really refocus my attention back on my original goal of 123#. While some of my old clothes are starting to fit, I have a favorite pair of lavender ankle pants from 5 or 6 years ago that still need about 3+ more inches in the wast. I want to wear them before the end of THIS SUMMER! So when I am tempted to cheat in a social setting, I am visualizing wearing those summer pants to keep me on track for the last 24 pounds!

Robag 06-07-2012 12:06 PM

All great stories, especially the kidney donation. That's fantastic. My doctor informed me a week and a half ago that I have arthritis pain in my back, and he told me that he wants me to lose weight. I've always been an active guy, but I also carry a lot of weight. Obviously, unhealthy eating choices. Anyway, he told me he doesn't believe in most diets, but this one he does. He sent me to the clinic the next day, and I was signed up a couple of hours later, and started last Wednesday. This is day 9 for me, and I've never been more pumped about losing weight. The first week wi was 2 days ago, and I started with a 10 pound drop. I have a modest goal of being down to 190 pounds, but I may want to take it further. One thing that has helped to get started is the support from my wife. She's not big by any means, but she still feels like she would like to lose 10 pounds. Well, she's down a couple of pounds as well. She is right into helping out with meals. She bought a food scale and weighs the meat for supper everynight, and has come up with a couple of ideas of how to eat the veggies, rather than just eating it as a salad. Good luck to all of you, and fight through the first couple of days. Those are the hardest, but you will see results that you will be pleased with.

marlenesuer 06-07-2012 04:32 PM

My Motivation for Starting Next Week

I plan to start the program on Monday 6/11/12.

My reasons are many – big reasons and small.

I want to be as healthy as I possibly can be, feel comfortable in my clothing, tie my shoelaces with ease, be able to run up a flight of steps … walk a block w/out feeling winded, to feel comfortable with my body, to avoid becoming diabetic, and more.

Last year my father passed away and this year, a dear friend of mine from a struggle with breast cancer.

Life is short and I want to live it as best I can, as much as I can, as healthy as I can.

Thanks in advance for all the support I know you all will give.

I love this board! :carrot: