Old 05-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Default IP Weekend Chat 5/5/12-5/6/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 05-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone! I got up to eat breakfast and read the chat and there wasn't one yet so I thought I'd get it started...I know the links didn't copy so please if you need to rely on one go to yesterday's daily chat.

As for me, I'm 30 today! And I have WI #5 where I'm really hoping to reach 20 lbs lost. I had a little pity party last night because I really wanted to walk with my DH to a restaurant we love and sit outside and have a glass of wine and I felt so deprived that I couldn't do it...even when trying to change old habits I guess a birthday is such a decadent time (a birthday cake of your choosing, etc) it's a little hard, for me at least, to not be able to have those things...
However I know this is what I have to learn in order to make sure that I never go back to my old ways of eating...my birthday shouldn't be about food and I shouldn't start a new decade eating in my old ways. So, I'm proudly 30 and 100% OP.

Have a great day everyone!
LSJ100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post

As for me, I'm 30 today!

Happy Birthday!
Meadow Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Well today is a work day so nothing really out of the ordinary here. I do hope that it isn't raining when I get home because I really want to go out and start working on my garden.

Last night I got wonderful news. My oldest son (soon to be 21) is making me a Grandma! I am very excited!
Meadow Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:23 AM   #5  

Height: 5 9`

Morning all
Down 2 more pounds, so on monday i`m gonna head into phase 2, scared and excited...I have a routine now, all my meals planned..i love my shake at lunch,

Have a great week all
susyqxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #6  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Happy Cinco De Mayo Everybody!

I have mega stuff to do today as the wedding shower I am hosting is tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great OP day.

p.s. Happy Birthday LSJ
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:56 AM   #7  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Morning all! Just checking in quick, NSV last night , went to the bar and ordered just grilled peppers and onions and a side of pickles :-D DH and his pal had big ol burgers and while I was sooo tempted I held strong. Getting concerned that I will not see a loss more than 2 lbs on Monday, but. Im measuring so that could be something I could do to feel some sense of accomplishment. I have my starting measurements from the 23rd so could compare to those at least. Well, sounds like the dogs want breakfast, off I go!
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #8  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Happy Birthday LSJ100!!

I haven't decided what I am doing yet today, but I know I have more energy to get things done this weekend, compared to pre-IP. My original plans were to tackle another closet, but the weather looks to beautiful to be in a windowless closet. The kitchen is nice and bright with a ton of windows, so I may clean out kitchen cabinets instead. I need to throw out a lot of unfriendly food anyhow. Hope I am not tempted by any goodies I may find lingering in the back corner of the cupboards. Wish me luck!
mylastdiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/244/150

Happy Birthday LSJ! Way to stay strong! Perhaps you could have a mugcake for your birthday? I made one for the first time last night and it was pretty good.

I love all the tips and recipes you can get on this board. They are wonderful! I'm trying to figure out how to stay on play on an outing we are having at work today with our clients. I'm thinking of bringing an IP shake and salad.

nursebrenneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Good morning everyone! I got up to eat breakfast and read the chat and there wasn't one yet so I thought I'd get it started...I know the links didn't copy so please if you need to rely on one go to yesterday's daily chat.

As for me, I'm 30 today! And I have WI #5 where I'm really hoping to reach 20 lbs lost. I had a little pity party last night because I really wanted to walk with my DH to a restaurant we love and sit outside and have a glass of wine and I felt so deprived that I couldn't do it...even when trying to change old habits I guess a birthday is such a decadent time (a birthday cake of your choosing, etc) it's a little hard, for me at least, to not be able to have those things...
However I know this is what I have to learn in order to make sure that I never go back to my old ways of eating...my birthday shouldn't be about food and I shouldn't start a new decade eating in my old ways. So, I'm proudly 30 and 100% OP.

Have a great day!
Good morning all! I am off to a work BBQ to get it set up, then maybe stay a bit. My family is coming with me so it should be a good day!

mtnsun4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #11  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Happy birthday! Good job for not giving in to temptation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow Wheeler View Post
Well today is a work day so nothing really out of the ordinary here. I do hope that it isn't raining when I get home because I really want to go out and start working on my garden.

Last night I got wonderful news. My oldest son (soon to be 21) is making me a Grandma! I am very excited!
Congratulations!

Good morning everyone! I'm off to my first weigh in soon. I have noticed that my jeans that were tight on me last week, while still a little tight in the stomach, has a little more room in the hips/butt area. And when I went to wrap my towel around me after my shower earlier, I was able to wrap it tighter! Ah, the little things in life. Off to my WI. I'll check back in later. Have a great day everyone!
0ojoyo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #12  

A mug cake is a great idea - I hadn't thought of it! Thanks nursebrenneman!
LSJ100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #13  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Good morning everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful OP day!
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #14  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
As for me, I'm 30 today! I really wanted to walk with my DH to a restaurant we love and sit outside ...my birthday shouldn't be about food and I shouldn't start a new decade eating in my old ways.
Happy Birthday! And I think you said it right there...so go ahead and take a walk with your DH to the restaurant you love and sit outside.....and have a glass of sparkling water with lime - ask them to serve it in a wine glass - and enjoy! Gone are the days your birthday is about food, but still go and enjoy the experience of celebrating with your DH. Start this decade out right and celebrate the fact that you now have a "new way" of celebrating your birthday with a bright, healthy outlook on life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Happy Cinco De Mayo Everybody!

I have mega stuff to do today as the wedding shower I am hosting is tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great OP day.
Good luck on the shower! I'm sure you'll be the 'hostess with the mostest!"
3sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 194/162.4/130

Height: 5'3"

Today was WI #15 and I'm down 2.4!!! Woohoo I hit my 30# loss...down a total of 32.4...sooo happy feels like could conquer the world!! Happy weekend to everyone!!
Skinnyminny26 is offline   Reply With Quote