Old 05-06-2012, 12:06 AM   #106  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
I am pretty hopeful there will be a date #2 in the future. The problem is my schedule - I have a 2 year old, and I like spending time with her, and I don't like hiring a sitter too much. I'll figure it out, I'm sure. And I've been upfront about that, so the guy is pretty relaxed about it.

The cave was great... the guide turned off the lights at some point and it was completely dark, which led to the romantic moments of the tour... I am now a firm believer in cave dating, and highly recommend it
Haha I live in South Dakota, and there are quite a few beautiful caves out in the western side of the state, and they are really amazing inside. I remember going on a tour wearing those sneakers that you stomp and their heels light up, and when the tour guide turned off the light I jumped around, a lot....oh the days of being a kid! Best of luck in future dating scheduling with your cave-man (hehe get it?)
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:22 AM   #107  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
As for me, I'm 30 today! And I have WI #5 where I'm really hoping to reach 20 lbs lost. I had a little pity party last night because I really wanted to walk with my DH to a restaurant we love and sit outside and have a glass of wine and I felt so deprived that I couldn't do it...even when trying to change old habits I guess a birthday is such a decadent time (a birthday cake of your choosing, etc) it's a little hard, for me at least, to not be able to have those things...
Happy 30th and enjoy a mug cake with a candle! You can even make ice cream with the drink mix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyqxxxx View Post
Morning all
Down 2 more pounds, so on monday i`m gonna head into phase 2, scared and excited...
Congrats on reaching goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
I have mega stuff to do today as the wedding shower I am hosting is tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great day!
Have a great shower tomorrow Cadu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyminny26 View Post
Today was WI #15 and I'm down 2.4!!! Woohoo I hit my 30# loss...down a total of 32.4...sooo happy feels like could conquer the world!! Happy weekend to everyone!!
Congratulations! What a great milestone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
I had WI #13 today and expected no loss. Mainly because i've had constipation issues since last Saturday being on phase 2. Anyways I got on that scale and seen 120.0!!! Lost 1.8! WOO HOO!!! I MADE GOAL!! I planned on going to phase 3 anyways today but it made that big breakfast even more enjoyable!
Another goal met! Thank you for showing us how it's done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Well it's unofficial till WI on Wednesday, but I finally hit the 170's this morning. I thought I would have been there a couple of weeks ago, but the scale decided to stall for those two weeks. Thanks to some tweaking with my foods it finally moved. Now to work on the next 10 pounds.
Congrats on the decade move! And we have had the same mugginess up in Dallas. I have been worried about my daily park walks with my son. As its getting hotter I am trying to think of alternatives (mall walking/play area).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
Here's an IP question: is eating lettuce daily an IP requirement or just a suggestion if more food is wanted/needed to stay OP? My coach says the latter (lettuce is optional) but it seems that many here say the former (lettuce is required). I ask because my Ortho has asked me not to eat any raw veggies which includes lettuce. I'm OK (once the pain eases) with cooking my 4 cups of veggies, but don't want to cook lettuce too.
My sheet for Phase 1 does not list lettuce as a compulsory part of the protocol, my coach also never said it was required either. But I do find I need at least 1 salad a day to help with the stomach grumbles and I think helps with the "big c". A spinach smoothie might be an okay way to get in some veggies, the blender liquefies it and you can't taste it with chocolate RTD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
Back from first WI. Down 8.8 lbs. and about 7 inches. So I wasn't imagining the extra room in my jeans (-1.5 inches in hips)
That is a fantastic WI! What a great start, don't get too attached to those jeans, you'll be swimming in them before you know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkM View Post
Can we have Buffalo wing sauce?
My Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce is 0/0/0. But I had to look at several bottles before I found one that was. A lot of them have a high fat count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquilts View Post
The bright spot in my day has been that I did my own personal weigh-in this morning and am down 3 pounds from last week. Otherwise, the day has royally sucked (happy birthday to me!) and I would really love to bake a chocolate cake and eat the whole stupid thing myself. I won't, but I'd sure like to.
Make and eat a mug cake! And embrace your hormonal state, it means all the estrogen from the fat you burned off is working through your bloodstream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilian61 View Post
My coach told me this week at my WI that Jicama is allowed now. I had never had it before - but tried it and it was good. Nice to have a new vegetable to add to what I've been eating. Feel like I was getting into a rut. Does anyone else eat jicama?? I've just been eating it raw with a little lemon juice on it. Wondering how else I might prepare it.
It makes sense that jicama is allowed, as it seems like a 'light' vegetable. I have only eaten it raw, as it comes with my sushi as garnish (and I usually eat everything on my sushi plate!).
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:47 AM   #108  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I am catching up on all the chat this weekend, so many great updates on NSVs, goals met, birthdays, and a great first date! Maybe it's my own crazy hormones, but every time someone posts about their foul mood I am happy for them as I imagine it is all that pesky estrogen released from their great fat burning.

I cleaned out my closet today of most of my size 14s and XL shirts. We are having a garage sale in 2 weeks and will use the proceeds to fund my new wardrobe! I also found a lot of oldies but goodies from the back of the closet. I only have 1pair of size 12s from old times and found some 'super skinny stretch' size 14s that still work. I confess to saving a few of my favorite XL tops for 'maternity wear', as I plan on trying for baby #2 soon.

We had some rain that cleared out the pollen and my neti pot has helped, so the allergies are definitely subsiding. I will continue with my Bodypump again starting this Tue. The weather is getting HOT here, I love my afternoon walks to the park with my son - thinking that mall walking may be in my future soon (and there's a new play area there for my son).

Anyways, hope everyone has a great weekend, we went out to dinner with some friends and caught one of the wives checking me out! I wore a tank top I haven't worn since a Hawaii vacation over 3 years ago!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:21 AM   #109  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Hi IP Chicks!

Excellent Saturday - I went on a first date with a great guy. He took me to on a tour of a cave nearby (one with rock formations and an actual tour guide, not like dragging me by my hair caveman style...) It was very fun and actually quite romantic
I'm happy to hear you had a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
We had some rain that cleared out the pollen and my neti pot has helped, so the allergies are definitely subsiding. I will continue with my Bodypump again starting this Tue. The weather is getting HOT here, I love my afternoon walks to the park with my son - thinking that mall walking may be in my future soon (and there's a new play area there for my son).

Anyways, hope everyone has a great weekend, we went out to dinner with some friends and caught one of the wives checking me out! I wore a tank top I haven't worn since a Hawaii vacation over 3 years ago!
We are now getting your rain and lots of thunder and lightening down here too. Could it be anymore humid outside? I'm with you on the walking outside. It's starting to get too hot to walk outside mid day. Looks like early morning or waiting till after the sun sets. Looks like we are in for another LONG Texas summer!
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:46 AM   #110  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Just popping in to say Good Morning Everybody

Lots of great NSV's in this thread this weekend. Keep up the great work. Summer is coming and we are gonna be a bunch of hotties. LOL. I am happy to report that this will be day 4 for my son, Tommy and he is doing so well, He got on the scale yesterday and was down 5 pounds already and he didn't get the headaches or grouchiness. (just a little tired). I guess being so young and a male he is going to drop pretty fast. It warms my heart to see his confidence coming back. I am very excited for him.

As for me, the shower is today but I am not worried at all for it is at my house and I have all that I need here to stay OP. I am just happy to be able to get time with my sisters. I have 3 of them and we always have a great time when we get together. We love to laugh and we can be quite loud and obnoxious when we are together lol.

Have a great day!!!!!!!
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:59 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Just popping in to say Good Morning Everybody

Lots of great NSV's in this thread this weekend. Keep up the great work. Summer is coming and we are gonna be a bunch of hotties. LOL. I am happy to report that this will be day 4 for my son, Tommy and he is doing so well, He got on the scale yesterday and was down 5 pounds already and he didn't get the headaches or grouchiness. (just a little tired). I guess being so young and a male he is going to drop pretty fast. It warms my heart to see his confidence coming back. I am very excited for him.

As for me, the shower is today but I am not worried at all for it is at my house and I have all that I need here to stay OP. I am just happy to be able to get time with my sisters. I have 3 of them and we always have a great time when we get together. We love to laugh and we can be quite loud and obnoxious when we are together lol.

Have a great day!!!!!!!
Good on your son! Mine is doing this too. It is really heartwarming to see them lose and get healthy. You are right about the confidence thing too. I so hope the young ones get the lifestyle change and can enjoy their young years more!

Have a great time at the shower. Sounds like you will!

Last edited by Samba; 05-06-2012 at 07:00 AM.
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:00 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 156/152/135

Height: 5'5"

Cadu, have a fabulous time at the shower today! I have so much fun with my sisters and cousins that any time spent together is always crazy and unforgettable! I'm sure you will be getting MANY compliments from various guests about the newer YOU! Enjoy!
luvthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:07 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 287/144/150

NSV... I am officially in a size 18 Haven't seen that since high school Thank God for the goodwill store or it would be hard to pull together pants for work everyday. Hope everyone has a good Sunday!
JKfromIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #114  
Jag23

S/C/G: 177 Goal weight 140

Height: 5"1"

HI everyone,Happy Sunny Sunday! I am going on a motorcycle day trip with my love. He'll have to wait till I wake up though cause I'm on night shift.
Started at a new clinic Friday,and boy did I feel a different energy! They are there for YOU. I am very pumped to do well after the great meeting. Really looking forward to Thurs when I get weighed again. I'm not seeing the same coach because the one I met Friday,doesn't work Thurs. My work shedule conflits a little. Doesn't matter to me,just as long as I get weighed.
Thjis is such a positive thing for me,kinda wiah I had changed earlier,but I did give the 1st clinic a good change. Oh well,onward and forward with the weight lose.............Have a great Sunday everyone
Jag23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:54 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 194/162.4/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up North Girl View Post
Wow, that is a huge accomplishment. How long did it take to lose it? Did you exercise?
Thanks! That was WI# 15, so I am going into week 16, I do not exercise vigorously, I walk 2 miles 3-4 times a week, I have 2 young children so that's about all I have time for
Skinnyminny26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:55 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all!
I'm feeling grumpy and sick of eating so regimentedly and I'm tired of veggies, veggies, veggies! It's not that I want to pig out on chips and ice cream, but I just want to be done with needing to be so rigid. I hope I can firm up my resolve and "embrace the process" as I have been the last two months. I'm just moody today.
That being said, I am enjoying my coffee macchiato (coffee with IP choc drink and a touch of almond extract).
Wishing everyone a great day OP!!!
Dakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfromIL View Post
NSV... I am officially in a size 18 Haven't seen that since high school Thank God for the goodwill store or it would be hard to pull together pants for work everyday. Hope everyone has a good Sunday!
Congratulations! I know it is awesome to hit those size milestones. Thank goodness for GW is right! I went crazy and bought too many pants and was out of them in a week! Ooops, but it is exciting to get in to smaller clothes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag23 View Post
HI everyone,Happy Sunny Sunday! I am going on a motorcycle day trip with my love. He'll have to wait till I wake up though cause I'm on night shift.
Started at a new clinic Friday,and boy did I feel a different energy! They are there for YOU. I am very pumped to do well after the great meeting. Really looking forward to Thurs when I get weighed again. I'm not seeing the same coach because the one I met Friday,doesn't work Thurs. My work shedule conflits a little. Doesn't matter to me,just as long as I get weighed.
Thjis is such a positive thing for me,kinda wiah I had changed earlier,but I did give the 1st clinic a good change. Oh well,onward and forward with the weight lose.............Have a great Sunday everyone
Enjoy your ride today! Glad you found the new clinic,too!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:21 AM   #118  
Linda

S/C/G: 217/195/140

Height: 4'11"

just finished w1, down 6 lb, this had been a hard week hope next week gets easier. I never thought this would be possible with my thyroid issues. this is the first diet that has worked in a long time.
lcheney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #119  
Started IP April 19, 2012

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hi IP Chicks!

Excellent Saturday - I went on a first date with a great guy. He took me to on a tour of a cave nearby (one with rock formations and an actual tour guide, not like dragging me by my hair caveman style...) It was very fun and actually quite romantic

Stayed OP no problem since there was no food involved with this date. We did have coffee afterwards, but that's a no-brainer. Quite happy and not hungry because my stomach is full of butterflies, yay! First time in 2 years (since divorce). Starting to feel like there is a bit of hope for my romantic life, even if not at ideal weight.

Have a wonderful Sunday! Stay strong and OP 100%.
Sounds like a great first date! Love the butterflies!
jcjnjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcheney View Post
just finished w1, down 6 lb, this had been a hard week hope next week gets easier. I never thought this would be possible with my thyroid issues. this is the first diet that has worked in a long time.
Hurray for this weight loss! I do not lose easily and IP has been an answer to prayer for me as far as a plan I could lose on! I know it is harder with the thyroid issues, so this is super results for you!

It is a gorgeous morning here. Perfect temp and still. I am sitting in the backyard and there are many birds singing. The baby Sheltie is having a blast. My showline German Shepherd is doing her effortless floating trot around the yard. Beautiful to watch!

I brought breakfast outside. A big cup of Java with some vanilla drink added plus a few drops of english toffee stevia. Heavenly! A plate of crispy cereal pancakes with a little smear of WF peanut butter and my beloved WF pancake syrup. I try to keep my use of the WF things and sweeteners minimal, but this morning I really had a treat of a breakfast.

The next move is to load three GSDs in to the Suburban, put the bike in the rack, and get a few miles of running in for each dog. I think next weekend will be the last specialty show I do this spring. Got to have them in shape to run that big ring.

Enjoy your day everyone. Keep up the IP plan eating! I know it is not always a lark, but so worth it!