Old 04-30-2012, 12:06 AM   #16  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

84 pounds and 50 inches lost in 32 weeks.
I started working out about month 3 of IP.
I walk 30 minutes 3x per week and I do strength training 3x per week for 45 minutes.

Last edited by DanafromAustin; 04-30-2012 at 12:10 AM.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:18 AM   #17  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Tammywhiz, our stats are very similair and I was thinking about starting walking too. Do you add a protein for walking or is that just for weight training? I feel I need to do something because now that the fat is melting something has to take its place, muscle would do just fine!
I did add a protein when I started the walking as I really felt I needed it. Now that I have been walking for almost 2 months, I only sometimes have a low carb shake (I am doing alternatives), 1/2 before and 1/2 after.
Tammywhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I lost while doing daily intense exercise. But, I was doing that before ip.

I believe tosca Rena's quote that it is 80% diet,10% genetics and 10% exercise. The 80 is just so much more a factor that you can't overcome it with exercise.

I exercise for stress relief and enjoyment. At my goal weight it does make a big difference in how I look. Everything is flat and firm!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #19  
Started IP April 27, 2012

S/C/G: 146/146/130

Height: 5'3

I just started Phase I and on day 4 and prior to IP I was very active with circuit training, hot yoga and running. Wine was my biggest obstacle to losing weight...~sigh~ I plan to put circuit training and hot yoga on hold and just do light runs while in Phase I.
Chikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Lost 130lbs in 39 weeks.
No exercise but for the last 2 weeks where i started doing yoga and strenght traning, only about once a week each right now and will slowly increase. I don't add a packet but do add a bit of protein, since i usually go around 7pm, i will have about 4oz of protein before I go and have about 5-6oz with my veggies when i come back around 8:00-8:30

Last edited by Busymomx4; 04-30-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #21  

I'm not one of the biggest losers - and I have to say I stalled on IP - but that seems to be an issue of mine - and not the norm. I lost the 37lbs in 4 months...but really stalled after that. I'm thinking it might be because I wasn't 'mixing up' the IP meals. I was eating only soy patties and dark choc pudding. I'm not a big juice person - so drinking fruit flavoured water (as opposed to just plain water) was really difficult for me.

I did my walking for 30 min per day - and the days that I didn't - I was doing heavy yard work - so counted that as my exercise.

I'm back on IP now - and now have a whole body vibration machine to help my muscles get stronger - and I've noticed a huge difference in the 6 weeks that I've had it. My core is stronger, my legs are stronger (I run up stairs instead of walking up them) and my recovery time after hard yard work - is none! After power raking the yard (rental machine) and then raking it up (1,000 sq ft backyard) - thought for sure I'd be laid up the next day - but I was out cutting the lawn the next day and detailing my car. My arms were tired - but I was in no way laid up like I thought I was going to be. I love my whole body vibration machine (I'm not selling them or making a profit - but if anyone is interested in them - and you're in Canada - check out the iFit machines on Ebay!).

Tammy
sugerray50 is offline   Reply With Quote