Old 01-26-2015, 06:00 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 211/179/170

Height: 5'10

I have a huge list of unlimited RAW veggies:
Arugula, Bibb lettuce, Boston lettuce, celery, chicory lettuce, cucumber, endives, escarole lettuce, frisee lettuce, green and red leaf lettuce, iceberg lettuce, mushrooms, radicchio, radish, romaine lettuce, spinach and watercress lettuce.

Maybe Canadain IP clinics are different. My paper is updated as of 06/2014
jstbkuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:02 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 211/179/170

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by melzie77 View Post
I am reading this right from the phase one sheet:

Unlimited Raw Vegetables/Lettuce:
Arugula, bibb lettuce, boston lettuce, celery, chicory lettuce, cucumber, endives, escarole lettuce, frisee lettuce, green and red leaf lettuce, iceberg lettuce, mushroom, radicchio, radish, romaine lettuce, spinach and watercress lettuce.

Select Vegetables -2 cups PER MEAL [I]weigh before cooking[I]
alfalfa, asparagus, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, bell peppers, cabbage(all), cauliflower, celeriace, celery, chayote, chicory, collards, cucumbers, dill pickles, fennel, Gai Lan(chinese broccoli), green onions, jicama, kale, kohlrabi, mushrooms, okra, onions(raw only), hot peppers, radish, rhubarb, sauerkraut, spinach, swiss chard, turnip, zucchini/yellow summer squash.
That's exactly what mine says too!
jstbkuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:32 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Height: 5'4"

Liz is reading from an old sheet - the same one I had when I did IP the first time. Cucumbers, mushrooms, celery, etc (those listed in post above) ARE unlimited according to the latest sheets, 6/2014.
sstw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:35 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 199.2/198.0/150.0

I have trouble eating 4 cups of veggies!
I'm going to try spinach blended in my shake. Has anyone had good combinations in doing this?
ArlingtonLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:42 PM   #35  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonLady View Post
I have trouble eating 4 cups of veggies!
I'm going to try spinach blended in my shake. Has anyone had good combinations in doing this?
I do this often. Usually mix the spinach in water first until smooth. Then I add vanilla shake mix and some SF syrup (caramel or vanilla) with ice. You can't get rid of the green color, but you can't taste it.
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:59 AM   #36  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

MAke sure you check the dates on the posts you are responding to....LizRR's post is quite old, and at that time the unlimited veggies list was MUCH smaller She completed her IP journey back in 2012/2013
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 12:05 PM   #37  

I am just a few days in and was looking at the "buyproteinfood.com" website and wanted to confirm the that p20 foods are the IP equivalents? Not sure what we can purchase from there? The prices were cheaper and the variety much more appealing?

Anyone??
Yosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 12:42 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 170/149.6/115

Height: 5.0

Hi, I have to tell you that this is the most confusing topic of all. I have asked my coach and she says that celery, cucumber, mushroom, radish are all "unlimited" if eaten raw. My Phase 1 sheet does mention these items as "unlimited raw vegetables/lettuce". She also said if cooked, then they need to be counted as "select vegetables".... and that's why they are also listed as "select vegetables (2 cups per meal) measure before cooking". Finally, she added that if weight loss progresses well, then there is no problem at all, but that if weight loss slows down to about 1lb per week, then we need to rethink the "unlimited" cucumber, radishes etc.
Tee4Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:28 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee4Tee View Post
Hi, I have to tell you that this is the most confusing topic of all. I have asked my coach and she says that celery, cucumber, mushroom, radish are all "unlimited" if eaten raw. My Phase 1 sheet does mention these items as "unlimited raw vegetables/lettuce". She also said if cooked, then they need to be counted as "select vegetables".... and that's why they are also listed as "select vegetables (2 cups per meal) measure before cooking". Finally, she added that if weight loss progresses well, then there is no problem at all, but that if weight loss slows down to about 1lb per week, then we need to rethink the "unlimited" cucumber, radishes etc.
Yep. 'Unlimited' really doesn't mean unlimited of course, 5 or six extra cups of veggies will make a difference, lol. Most people don't eat that much though. I wouldn't worry about the 1 lb thing. As long as you are losing pounds OR inches you are on track. Especially if you don't have much to lose, since it will significantly slow the closer to goal that you get. Cooked counts in your 4 cups but raw is unlimited.
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:29 PM   #40  
2xsacharm

S/C/G: 298hi/260ip1/245cu/180

Height: 5ft5

Whew! I'm doing a reboot and was worried for a second! I didn't even look up the rules again when I started and I've been having some of those freebies to keep me going the first days! Glad they are still free for a second I thought I'd have to start again tomorrow.
aschwarzwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:12 AM   #41  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee4Tee View Post
When I was on Phase 1, I lost about 2.8 pounds/week, average. I almost always had a cup of raw spinach in my shake, plus a cup of raw cucumbers every day, in addition to my 4 cups of cooked veggies. Just make sure you weight or measure everything, and track it, so you and your coach can make wise changes if necessary. (And even 1 pound a week is good, especially toward the end of Phase 1.)
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:44 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 185.8/138.6/135.8

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
When I was on Phase 1, I lost about 2.8 pounds/week, average. I almost always had a cup of raw spinach in my shake, plus a cup of raw cucumbers every day, in addition to my 4 cups of cooked veggies. Just make sure you weight or measure everything, and track it, so you and your coach can make wise changes if necessary. (And even 1 pound a week is good, especially toward the end of Phase 1.)
Thanks for this, I have been wondering the same thing about adding some greens to my shakes. I miss my green smoothies!
maybeface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:31 AM   #43  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeface View Post
Thanks for this, I have been wondering the same thing about adding some greens to my shakes. I miss my green smoothies!
You can definitely add any of the unlimited veggies to shakes. It just depends on what flavors you like. Some people add kale, but it's too bitter for my taste. I found the spinach blends in nicely and is undetectable - except for the bright green color, of course.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote