Old 04-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #16  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I copied straight from my sheet (US) but as long as you follow your protocol and track/monitor your progress it all works out!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/144/135

Height: 5'9"

I'm from Canada and was told to count everything except for lettuce
Crustybuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

A lot of people always post how their coach allows certain things as "free" items but I go off the sheet until that sheet changes by the protocol. Too many extras make me feel like i'm cheating anyways.
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

My coach went to the Alberta IP confrence on Monday and in Alberta they allow celery as a free food (up to 2 cups un counted per day). She even showed me info from IP as she knew I would second guess her, it comes right from the company!
Billster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 149/148/129

Height: 5'3"

Red face What kind of lettuce is free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I copied straight from my sheet (US) but as long as you follow your protocol and track/monitor your progress it all works out!
I am a newbie, just started this week.
What kind of lettuce is free?
Some say Romane, some say Napa only..
does anyone have a list of "unlimited" lettuces.
vgalanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #21  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

I switched coaches part way through and it was the best move I could make. I challenged my new coach with all sorts of controversy on this site, she researched it and this is what I got back.

Celery and cucumbers are counted as your 4 cups daily veg. However if I am having a challenging time and find myself really hungry even after my daily food allotment, then I could resort to additional lettuce, celery or cucumbers to get me through. However, remember the word moderation. Best of both worlds for me.

My sheet says lettuce is green leaf, romaine, head lettuce types. I've been treating arugula like lettuce too until I noticed on the sheet one day that it is a select veg. My coach and I looked up details on my calorie counter and found arugula had fewer calories and carbs than green leaf lettuce so I'm now allowed to count that as lettuce.

Coach also confirmed raspberry jelly and blueberry cran drink are occasional freebie packets, I.e. every few days if I need a little extra but not counted as one of my three.
KitKat169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 03:13 PM   #22  
My fat is not contagious.

S/C/G: 259/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Smile Your Free Vegis

I am reading this right from the phase one sheet:

Unlimited Raw Vegetables/Lettuce:
Arugula, bibb lettuce, boston lettuce, celery, chicory lettuce, cucumber, endives, escarole lettuce, frisee lettuce, green and red leaf lettuce, iceberg lettuce, mushroom, radicchio, radish, romaine lettuce, spinach and watercress lettuce.

Select Vegetables -2 cups PER MEAL [I]weigh before cooking[I]
alfalfa, asparagus, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, bell peppers, cabbage(all), cauliflower, celeriace, celery, chayote, chicory, collards, cucumbers, dill pickles, fennel, Gai Lan(chinese broccoli), green onions, jicama, kale, kohlrabi, mushrooms, okra, onions(raw only), hot peppers, radish, rhubarb, sauerkraut, spinach, swiss chard, turnip, zucchini/yellow summer squash.
melzie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:30 PM   #23  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by melzie77 View Post

Arugula, bibb lettuce, boston lettuce, celery, chicory lettuce, cucumber, endives, escarole lettuce, frisee lettuce, green and red leaf lettuce, iceberg lettuce, mushroom, radicchio, radish, romaine lettuce, spinach and watercress lettuce.

alfalfa, asparagus, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, bell peppers, cabbage(all), cauliflower, celeriace, celery, chayote, chicory, collards, cucumbers, dill pickles, fennel, Gai Lan(chinese broccoli), green onions, jicama, kale, kohlrabi, mushrooms, okra, onions(raw only), hot peppers, radish, rhubarb, sauerkraut, spinach, swiss chard, turnip, zucchini/yellow summer squash.
thats what mine says too
http://biointelligentwellness.com/wp...-diet-6-13.pdf
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:33 PM   #24  
professor hardy harr!

Height: 5"1.5 (don't forget the .5)

It has changed over time. i remember when only lettuce allowed ... now it's possible to make awesome salads with the free vegies alone
canadiancandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:34 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by melzie77 View Post

Yep, this is the latest. Remember if those veggies are raw you can count them as free. If you choose to, because you just cannot get to 4 cups of veg (NOT counting lettuce), you can count cooked celery, mushrooms, radishes and spinach in your 4 cups. (measure before cooking though).
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:05 PM   #26  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Newbie, too, but been reading all I can. So if we eat the "free" veggies cooked (mushrooms, celery, spinach, etc) they count towards the req'd 4 cups but if we eat them raw, we don't count them? This has really been the only thing that I am confused about so far.
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:14 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Newbie, too, but been reading all I can. So if we eat the "free" veggies cooked (mushrooms, celery, spinach, etc) they count towards the req'd 4 cups but if we eat them raw, we don't count them? This has really been the only thing that I am confused about so far.
Correct!!
JJTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:20 PM   #28  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
You can count it either way if anything on the "unlimited" list is eaten raw - it actually allows for a lot of flexibility!

What I often do is have a spinach, mushroom and cucumber salad for lunch. If I'm still hungry later in the day, I can have up to 4 cups of veggies at dinner. if I'm not hungry, I just have my regular 2 cups at dinner and count the salad as the other 2 cups. If you have an unlimited veggie as a snack, have a full cup and then you can choose how to count it based on how hungry you are through the day
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:43 PM   #29  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Thank you both for such quick responses! You've certainly cleared up my confusion! I guess the cooking changes the nutritional value as far as carbs are concerned?
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:06 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 236/185.7/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
My sheet says that as well! 😊
stacynak is offline   Reply With Quote