Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

This has been the best board to read today! So many NSV's and SV's...I can't believe I am almost done week 4...in some ways it feels like I just started, and in other ways it feels like forever since my old way of eating. I feel like before I know it with a little perseverance I'll be buying those new non-plus clothes as well! Thanks all of you for being truly wonderful inspiration!

Last edited by LSJ100; 04-26-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
I have some excellent news myself: WI #17 and another 6.6 lbs are GONE!!!
Wow...6.6pds in ONE WEEK? How in the world did you do that??? Great job!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Ah, that's just terrific! I logged back in tonight hoping you'd have posted your results. Fantastic job!!! I'm really happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsChill View Post
I purchased an 8!!!!! and am in a M shirt borderline Small! I'm not afraid to admit that I had tears and was chocking back emotion in the change room.
I can just see you jumping up and down...congratulations !!!!! You've earned that 8!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
The other lists canned tomatoes. I was told that tomatoes are a no-no. Is that recipe possibly intended for P4??
As far as I know, tomatoes are allowed, you just need to limit them to twice a week, fresh or canned. The Phase 1 sheet should say "occasional" vegees. You could also try the WF tomato/basil sauce - not strong on the tomato flavor, but better than nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyminny26 View Post
I have reall been struggling lately, I just want to boredom eat! I try to do things to occupy me but then my mind wanders to food....I've been OP for 11 weeks now and I feel my old tendencies coming back....o will power WHERE ARE YOU???
Now is the time to really think about why you eat, what emotional triggers you've got, whether it is boredom or fatigue or whatever. If you can figure out the reasons, you'll come a long way to understanding how to circumvent your responses to them. It took me some time to understand that because I'm in chronic pain and fatigue, I used to eat just to escape the pain, but ultimately it did nothing to alleviate it, and remembering that helped me to do something else, like lay down if I needed it.

Good luck - you CAN do this!!!

It's only 8:20 but I got up early so I'm getting in the hot tub (at my neighbors...) and then reading a little "Lord of the Rings" and probably falling asleep soon.... nighty night everybody!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 475/438/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Wow...6.6pds in ONE WEEK? How in the world did you do that??? Great job!!!

Ah, that's just terrific! I logged back in tonight hoping you'd have posted your results. Fantastic job!!! I'm really happy for you!

I can just see you jumping up and down...congratulations !!!!! You've earned that 8!

As far as I know, tomatoes are allowed, you just need to limit them to twice a week, fresh or canned. The Phase 1 sheet should say "occasional" vegees. You could also try the WF tomato/basil sauce - not strong on the tomato flavor, but better than nothing.

Now is the time to really think about why you eat, what emotional triggers you've got, whether it is boredom or fatigue or whatever. If you can figure out the reasons, you'll come a long way to understanding how to circumvent your responses to them. It took me some time to understand that because I'm in chronic pain and fatigue, I used to eat just to escape the pain, but ultimately it did nothing to alleviate it, and remembering that helped me to do something else, like lay down if I needed it.

Good luck - you CAN do this!!!

It's only 8:20 but I got up early so I'm getting in the hot tub (at my neighbors...) and then reading a little "Lord of the Rings" and probably falling asleep soon.... nighty night everybody!
Its all about creating new better habits that will provide a better future. I know that my PMS last weekend was crazy, (I'm sure the extra boost of estrogen in my system didn't help). My emotions were all over the place, and it made me feel weak. I want to be better than that. Its hard, but I see progress everyday and that really is helping me be stronger. My key to try and recongnize when I make a mistake, and analyse why I did it. That way in the future I'll be better prepared to handle it.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

What an uplifting board today. Unfortunately I am having a bit of a down day. Hungry for no reason. Could eat the desk or the iPad. Haven't though because my DD reminded me how bad it would feel passing through!! Lol. Anyway, hungry or not, still 100 percent. Yay. This program and these boards have given me the tools to be gentle on myself these days but still 100 percent. Fatigue is a trigger. Frustration. Stress.

My tool box includes all of you, my DH, DD, and two great dogs. Throw in a good book and a comfy chair and life is good. Hmmmm. Maybe a cup of tea and my bar and that book, and off to sleep I go.

Anyway, thanks for listening.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #185  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Hi Sewmam, I retained water like a champ last week, so that helped this week's loss. That and the constant praying to the whoosh fairy

I also only had seafood and eggs as my dinner protein in the past week. Plus some walking. I'll probably continue to stick with eggs and fish mostly. Thinking about doing some yoga as well.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #186  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisab View Post
I'm on week two of IP. first week lost 6.9. middle of second week and not only am I not losing, scale was UP this morning. Not TOM. What is the deal? very upset!!
Hi Lisab - Welcome to IP. Don't worry about the scale not moving, my first week I lost 7lbs, I was elated but my bubble was bursted when on week # 2 I lost only 0.2lbs. I was totally OP, I really didn't understand. My coach implied that I wasn't following the protocol, but I really was 100%. The next week I was right back on track and I have had steady losses pretty much every week since then.

I have always been a slow loser, didn't matter what diet I followed, but I have done really well following the IP protocol (I do partial IP and partial alternatives). I just weighed in for my 16th week and I have lost 43 lbs. Not much compared to a lot of the other members, but great for me.

Stay positive
Old 04-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

I step away for a moment and come back to so many great posts! Congrats to those with the amazing successes!!

If you are having struggles at times, I think that would be normal too. I am beginning to be able to get through some of my stress or emotional eating pulls a little bit easier lately. I pray this is a peek at future change in this area!

I am thinking I need to go get some fish for some dinnners!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 149/148/129

Height: 5'3"

Red face Question on sea salt

Hello everyone- this is my 1st post as I am getting ready to start on IP and reading now everything that I can have my hands on. However, i could not find anywhere explanation on usage of 1/2 teaspoon of salt daily.
I don't have a coach as i am doing it on my own.
Is 1/2 tsp is minimal or maximum requirement?
Why?

I am not sure I can tolerate so much salt.
Thank you for all advices.
Victoria
Old 04-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 251/223/200

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinered View Post
I must admit I am curious how much I will need to lose before people start to notice. I look forward to posting the first time someone asks, "Gee, have you lost weight?"

Isn't that one of the best parts of losing weight besides the fun of fitting in the old clothes and of course, feeling better?

For those who were over 250 start weight, how much did you lose before people started noticing? Just curious.
Sunshine
I've lost 20 lbs (258 lb start) & only my fellow teachers who watch me eat lunch say I look good - everyone else - nothing
I know what you mean about looking forward to an honest compliment! Soon I hope!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #190  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
What an uplifting board today. Unfortunately I am having a bit of a down day. Hungry for no reason. Could eat the desk or the iPad. Haven't though because my DD reminded me how bad it would feel passing through!! Lol. Anyway, hungry or not, still 100 percent. Yay. This program and these boards have given me the tools to be gentle on myself these days but still 100 percent. Fatigue is a trigger. Frustration. Stress.

My tool box includes all of you, my DH, DD, and two great dogs. Throw in a good book and a comfy chair and life is good. Hmmmm. Maybe a cup of tea and my bar and that book, and off to sleep I go.

Anyway, thanks for listening.
Lately I've been successful at warding off hunger by making a cup of flavored (but cal and carb free) hot tea. Seems to satisfy the need.....
Old 04-26-2012, 10:01 PM   #191  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgalanter View Post
Hello everyone- this is my 1st post as I am getting ready to start on IP and reading now everything that I can have my hands on. However, i could not find anywhere explanation on usage of 1/2 teaspoon of salt daily.
Why?

Victoria
Hi Victoria
I am not an expert on IP but I do know
the SEA salt is important. I put it on my food - makes it taste better!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by atho128 View Post
So its my first day, and I'm trying to decide when the best time to eat the snack is. Any advice??

I switch it up....sometimes I will split it up and half half at like 11am and then have the other half around 3pm. Sometimes only PM or in the evening. Eat it when you are hungry I guess....it varies for me. Good luck, it is a great program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Wanted to check in and share my first WI results. 10 lost and 7.75 inches. To say I am so happy with myself is an understatement. Thanks all for this forum that kept me on track. Now pushing to get ready for another wonderful week.

Wow....that is great...good for you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsChill View Post
Can someone say............EXCITED!!!! What a major uplift this afternoon. I don't know how it happened but I ended up in the mall the afternoon. DARN IT, right! LOL

When I started this journey in January I was a tight size 14, borderline 16. Fitting XL, borderline XXL shirts.

Well, I wanted to pick up a couple of skirts to cover me for work until I reached my goal cause most of my closet was to big. I started with an 11....too big.....then tried a 10....still a little big. I purchased an 8!!!!! and am in a M shirt borderline Small! I'm not afraid to admit that I had tears and was chocking back emotion in the change room. Good thing I have unlimited texting because I had to share the news with so many!!

I send encouragement to all to reach your goal. Always remember the reward is sooooooooo worth the hard work and sacrifice on this 'Lifestyle Change'.

Cheers to you all!
That is awesome....thank you for posting...it is nice to hear those successes. So happy for you.

Great post today....so many, hard to get thru them all. WI this morning at home first thing and scale said down down 3.4 but my coaches scale said down 5.....lol either way I am happy.....it is almost 25, although my losses don't match my start weight compared to my current, because I bought a new scale and there was a 2 pound difference. Either way I am completely happy with this diet and the coach is very happy with my losses especially my inches....which I don't have a total yet, I am going to get a copy after my measurements next week.

Sleep tight IPers
Old 04-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgalanter View Post
Why?

Victoria

Someone else will hopefully respond to you as well but I will try....I have read up on it at all. I have heard tho that because we are not consuming as much salt on this diet, our bodies do require a certain amount. I just sprinkle it on my veggies and meat at every meal. It does help with taste for sure!!!! I never really added salt to my food prior to this, but that is because it was mostly crappy bad for you food! Good luck!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #194  

Just wanted to congratulate all those who had such awesome WI s today!
& wearing smaller sizes-- you're our inspiration!
Made myself a Big Mac in a bowl for dinner - it was great but was tried to make the zucchini fries - yuck they were all mushy . I thought I followed it right?? IDK
Old 04-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #195  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile2laugh View Post
Sunshine
I've lost 20 lbs (258 lb start) & only my fellow teachers who watch me eat lunch say I look good - everyone else - nothing
I know what you mean about looking forward to an honest compliment! Soon I hope!
Understand. I've lost 43 lbs and no one says anything. There was a lot of posts on this a few weeks ago in one of the daily threads. Some thoughts were they were afraid to say something as it might be offensive. Others were about what some people think with those of us who are "yo-yo" dieters. Why say anything, she'll just gain it all back again soon.

Comments are a nice NSV, but I know what I've lost, how I feel, and how I look and that's all that counts.

Just my thoughts.
Molly
Closed Thread