Old 04-24-2012, 02:29 AM   #16  
Restarted 3/1/2013

S/C/G: 231/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I love the Chocolate Soy Snacks and can't stand the butterscotch pudding. I took one bite and had to pour the whole thing down the drain. I'd be interested on how it tastes in a recipe though.
Nibblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 177/147/125

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewood View Post
If you are not liking the puddings, I have a few suggestions. They are not great mixed only with water - following directions. YUK.

1. Add a dash of salt - really brings up the flavor
2. Add 1 tsp of cocoa powder
3. add 1/2 packet of stevia or Truvia
4. Make sure they are COLD - they really taste better is you mix them up and pop them in the fridge for an hour before eating.
5. Make the Butterscotch into a shake using 10oz of coffee instead of water. More filling and de-lish!

I make most of them with coffee now that I think about it because I use them in the morning. The vanilla pudding with 10oz of coffee and a dash of cinnamon & truvia is do die for!

Sometimes, I make the chocolate pudding this way: Mix 1 tsp of cocoa, dash salt, 1 pack Truvia, and one of those instant coffee mini packs with 1 oz hot water. Everything dissolves in the hot water. Then, I add the pudding and 10 oz of cold water and mix the 2 together. Add ice. OMG! SO good.

Thank you !! I made the butterscotch and coffee today LOVED IT !!!!!!

I love coming here and reading these boards and getting new ideas !!!!
lilone1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #18  
Full of awesome

S/C/G: 259/177/150

Height: 5' 5"

I seem to be in the minority that LOVES the puddings made as is. All I do is stick them in the freezer for 30 minutes before eating.

My favorites are the vanilla, banana, and butterscotch. Also love the plain crepes with WF pancake syrup and the White Choco Cinnamon bar.

Least favorite was the leek soup, then I tried the soy patty this weekend. Had to wash down each bite with a big drink of water. Yuck!
Shepard N7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Height: 5'5"

Weird how everyone's individual tastes are, I love all the puddings even the strawberry and banana. I too will put them in the fridge for a couple of hours before eating. The packets make a huge serving.
ProteinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #20  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I like the herb and cheese omelet the most. The peanut puffs and the chocolate drink mix and the tomato basil soup.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 198/184.4/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funsun11 View Post
I have been on IP for two weeks. Tuesday will make it week 3. I was wondering what is your favorite packets. I'll start..
My favorite are:
Crispy Cereal
Chocolate Drink

My non favorites are:
Mushroom Soup
Any of the puddings
My favorite is the cappuccion with ice and wf choc syrp in a blender
crispy cereal pancakes...eat them every day!!

Dislike all of the soups and puddings
Danif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 198/184.4/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
I will end week 2 on Tuesday. The only pudding I can tolerate is the butterscotch.

My Favs so far are the peach-mango drink, the herb omelet and (to my surprise) the potato puree.

My least favorite was the blueberry-cran-whatever and the other flavors of puddings.

I haven't had any restricted yet, so can't say whether I like them or not.
Whats the potato puree??? I have never seen that.
Danif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard N7 View Post
I seem to be in the minority that LOVES the puddings made as is. All I do is stick them in the freezer for 30 minutes before eating.

My favorites are the vanilla, banana, and butterscotch. Also love the plain crepes with WF pancake syrup and the White Choco Cinnamon bar.

Least favorite was the leek soup, then I tried the soy patty this weekend. Had to wash down each bite with a big drink of water. Yuck!
Instead of making the soy patty as an actual patty, try using it as the crumbles, in with some cooked green peppers and green onions and chili seasoning and tomatoes too - makes a passable chili.

I hated the leek soup too, but I made a sort of zuchini bread with it and then the onion flavor was dampened. It also tasted better when I combined a chicken or mushroom soup with it.
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I like the herb and cheese omelet the most. The peanut puffs and the chocolate drink mix and the tomato basil soup.
You know, when I first started IP a year ago, I remember trying the omelet and thought it was drek, but then I went to an IP potluck several months later and somebody made it, with sauteed vegees in it, and it was quite good. Funny how our tastes change...
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #25  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

I am in week 1 and won't buying MY choice of IP packets until Wednesday afternoon at WI#1. So my favs and dislikes are pretty limited so far! I am surprised by how many carbs the IP foods have in them. Everything tastes really salty to me since we never use salt at home to season. I am not a dessert eater so I'm not even going to look at the bars, not much of a snacker either so I'll skip buying those too. What I have problems with is portion control and the IP is really limiting my portions!!! And I need to start liking IP packets that aren't on the restricted list.

Love: Leek soup, Cappuccino (mixed with coffee), herb and cheese omelet, bolognaise spaghetti, ready made vanilla (had a sip of hubby's), vegetable chili, plain crepe
So so: Tomato basil soup, crispy cereal, wild berry yogurt drink, maple oatmeal
Dislike: All the puddings so far taste like really cheap cake batter!
Can't wait to try (still in my week 1 "sample" pack): Chicken Noodle soup, Mango Peach drink
Can't wait to buy and try: Chicken soup, Pina colada smoothy, Pineapple banana drink, orange pancake, hearty stew, butterscotch pudding, something to make waffles out of
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Likes - Chocolate drink mix, caramel crunch bar, BBQ ridges, peanut butter bar
Dislikes - Mango Peach drink, soups, puddings, and chicken flavored soy patty
jricks96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #27  
Back to the old me :)

S/C/G: 138.4/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6 1/2

Love the Chocolate Mix Drink, RTD Vanilla drinks, White Chocolate Cinnamon Bar, Dark Choco Pudding, and the BBQ Ridges.
HATE the Lemon Tea and Lemon Pudding. Am not a fan of the Pina Colada either.

Last edited by aliceinseattle; 08-27-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: forgot something
aliceinseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #28  

Height: 5'6"

I live on the orange drink and the blueberry cran granata. Love all the bars. To change things up a couple times a week, I like the chocolate drink mix, peach mango and pineapple banana. I didn't like the puddings as puddings, but do like them as smoothies with ice in the blender, especially the strawberry. I really haven't cared for any of the food/soup packets (chili, spaghetti, etc). But like someone said, our taste does seem to change, might re-try some. I like the crispy cereal as pancakes.
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #29  

See why there are so many choices??

I like the creamy soups: Mushroom, chicken and sometimes Leek. I would proabably hate them by themselves but I always add veggie puree.
I like the potato puree packets because I can "cook" with them and make them into other things

Here are my other go-tos: Dk Choc pudding (made into spinach/coffee smoothie), soup with veggie purees, Pink Lemonade, Orange Drink, Dill Zippers, White cheddar crisps, SW cheese curls, Salt/vinegar crisps, Maple Oatmeal (to make pancake) and Banana Pudding (to make pancake). I like the Vanilla RTD in my coffee. I also like the Blu/Cran/Pom & Rasp Jello but those aren't meant to be one of your 3 packets b/c they aren't complete protein. I have one every-other day like the program suggests.

I'm not a fan of the sweeter items (bars, puddings, esp Wild berry Yogurt )

Just okay: Cappucino, RTD Mango, Peach-Mango, other RTD,

Still want to try: chicken patty, chicken ala king
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

My faves are the cappuccino drink, vanilla pudding and vanilla drink, chocolate drink, crispy cereal, all of the puddings (except fruit flavored) and the white chocolate cinnamon bars.

Hate: tomato basil soup, all of the fruit flavored drinks and puddings.

Haven't tried many of the restricteds yet, but of the ones I have, I like the WCC bars, the salt and vinegar ridges.

EPAPRN is offline   Reply With Quote