Old 06-29-2016, 11:12 AM   #1  

Default IPD Alternate Phase I plan

I met with a counselor as I am considering the IPD plan. in doing some research this thread came up. in meeting with the counselor, he never mentioned the alternative plan even though I raised the question about no dairy or grain. I see in the alt plan that those items are permitted. did anyone do the alt plan and can you tell me how the weight loss is going? Also, are the vitamins essential to the weight loss plan?
DebbieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 04:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 306/264/150

Height: 5'6"

This thread may be of some use to you: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-protocol.html
Positraction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

The alternate plan is for Type 1 diabetics and those who want to vigorously work out. There would be no reason for your coach to suggest it if you do not fit either category. Losses on alternate are slower and you do not go into ketosis.

The supplements are AS IMPORTANT as the food itself!! They are a required and integral part of the program!! Because of the limitations in calories, fat and carbs as well as limited vegetable and meat choices, and no fruit, grain, dairy, the nutrition in the food alone is insufficient to keep us healthy and functioning properly! This is why they are a REQUIRED component of IP just like eating ALL food is required. Think of the supplements as the "other half" of your food. You do not want to miss out on half your food! You may not feel the lack of nutrition right away by not taking them, but it will catch up with you and could be seriously damaging your health!
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Just in addition to Jlus reply....
If you are having issues losing on regular P1, you may actually start to lose again on Alternative Diabetic plan. That's what happened to me... not enough food to keep me losing. My body just basically shut down and said 'no more...' and I felt ill and had absolutely no energy. But I did not have much to lose, so there wasn't a lot of 'stored energy' to pull as a reserve, and I had no insulin sensitivity problems before the diet.
If you have just started this, I would stick with regular P1 protocol unless you do have blood sugar issues, etc.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...you-need.html/

"But What About Ketosis?
Since I’m going to use the term in just a second, I need to define what it means. When fatty acid burning is ramped up to high levels (as when carbohydrates are restricted), the body starts producing ketone bodies in the liver. As noted above, many tissues in the body can use ketones for fuel, basically they are an alternative energy source to glucose when it’s not available. When ketones build up in the bloodstream beyond a certain point, a condition called ketosis is said to develop. In contrast to the diabetic ketoacidosis (which occurs in poorly treated Type I diabetics), dietary ketosis is not dangerous and is an adaptation by the body to total starvation.

Most ketogenic diets set a carbohydrate intake level of roughly 30 grams per day (allowing some vegetables but little else) although I’ve never found support for that specific value.
I bring this up in the context of this article as many people start such diets with the specific goal of developing ketosis (again, for a variety of reasons). Since many books give the 30 g/day value for a ketogenic diet, folks get a little anxious about carb intakes that are higher than that.
However, strictly speaking, any diet with less than 100 g/day of carbohydrate will cause ketosis to develop to some degree (more ketones will be generated as carbs are lowered). I’d note that many ketogenic dieters use Ketostix to track ketosis, small sticks that measure urinary ketone levels. These are misleading for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that while ketosis (as defined by blood concentrations of ketones) may develop, urinary ketones don’t always show up, especially as carbs are raised to nearer the 100 g/day high end.

In any case, an intake of 15-50 grams per day of carbohydrate will still allow ketosis to develop and those ketogenic dieters attempting to ‘eat as few carbs as possible’ might want to consider that in the context of not only providing much needed food variety (at 50 g/day, even a small amount of fruit can often be fit in) but also in the context of the protein sparing issues I discussed above."

Alternative P1 will still put you in ketosis, especially when you consider how many carbs you were likely ingesting before on your Standard American Diet.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:19 PM   #5  

Thoughts on Invocare for IP alternative ???
garciam4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 03:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by garciam4 View Post
Thoughts on Invocare for IP alternative ???
Hi, you are looking for IP with alternative products rather than Alternative P1 protocol which is for Athletes/Diabetics/those that need more food for their body to process their own fat stores, Try here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...rt-7-a-20.html
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote