Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 01:00 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat 4/14 - Sun 4/15

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 04-14-2012, 06:35 AM   #2  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Happy Weekend everybody!

Boy was I a grouch last night. I was so tired after getting home from watching my great nephew. He is a 16 pound 5 month old that just wants to be held and walked around all day. He was fussy and I was tired and my back was killing me. By mid afternoon I was so hungry. I think it was mental hunger, all I wanted to do was eat, I felt so deprived that I couldnt just eat what I wanted. My DH & kids had pizza for dinner, that didnt help. By days end I think I may have had in excess to what I was allowed to eat a total of 1 tsp oil, 1 egg white, 1 oz of skim milk, 1/2 oz meat, and an extra serving of WF syrup.
All in all it wasnt TO bad. ( I also did walk for an hour with the little guy).

What I noticed is, that I saw an old pattern arise: a little more of this and a little more of that wont hurt. It was all I could do to get through the night. (and going to bed at 8:30 pm helped a bit).

Well today I feel better already. I will be extra good till weigh in on Wednesday.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

I hope everyone has a smooth sailing Saturday!!!

Last edited by Cadu; 04-14-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone !

Sun is shining and weather channel is promising. Big day ahead. Going to finish painting my daughter's bathroom and then decorate with her new accessories. After that a 1,5 hour walk around the lake with my grand-dog. Then the family for BBQ supper to celebrate my dad's birthday. Doesn't get much better than that.

Everyone have a great OP day (should be easier this weekend now that the Easter Bunny is gone !!!)
Old 04-14-2012, 07:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Happy Weekend everybody!

Boy was I a grouch last night. I was so tired after getting home from watching my great nephew. He is a 16 pound 5 month old that just wants to be held and walked around all day. He was fussy and I was tired and my back was killing me. By mid afternoon I was so hungry. I think it was mental hunger, all I wanted to do was eat, I felt so deprived that I couldnt just eat what I wanted. My DH & kids had pizza for dinner, that didnt help. By days end I think I may have had in excess to what I was allowed to eat a total of 1 tsp oil, 1 egg white, 1 oz of skim milk, 1/2 oz meat, and an extra serving of WF syrup.
All in all it wasnt TO bad. ( I also did walk for an hour with the little guy).

What I noticed is, that I saw an old pattern arise: a little more of this and a little more of that wont hurt. It was all I could do to get through the night. (and going to bed at 8:30 pm helped a bit).

Well today I feel better already. I will be extra good till weigh in on Wednesday.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

I hope everyone has a smooth sailing Saturday!!!
wow, I'm impressed at your self-restraint! The last time I got really crabby and tired, I ate a whole can of nuts! The guilding-the-lily thing appens with me too, and it can add up over time.

Rant all you want, dear. Hang in there!
Old 04-14-2012, 07:11 AM   #5  

Good morning everybody! Woke up at 5 and was excited to get up and have my pot of tea and breakfast. As the earth rotates, the birds start their chirping just a wee bit earlier every day...I love noticing that.

Made some progress on getting my basement cleaned yesterday and will go back down there today. I have a bad habit of buying more tools because I can't find the existing hammer or pliers or screwdriver...so now I get to sort them and find out what I actually have! That will actually be rather satisfying, that feeling of setting things in order....

Hope you all have wonderful weekends that surpass your wildest dreams! There, how's that???
Old 04-14-2012, 07:40 AM   #6  

Height: 5 9`

Good morning all
Great loses everyone.
wuv, nice pic
Down 1.5 pounds, i`ll take it

Have a great week-end
Old 04-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Good morning my IP family!
I'm collecting on my DD's birthday gift today - a pedicure (with her, even better)
then we're going to her BF's baby's first birthday party. Think we'll be taking my new convertible, as the weather looks good here - finally.
I feel confident about being OP today, but a little concerned about next week - it's spring break and I won't have work to keep me on schedule. I really hope I can stick to this! I expect to be almost at halfway point with my next WI.

Wishing everyone a greaaaaat day!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Cadu: You handled that very well! Your strength is inspiring!

Swemam: I love how you make me remember to stop and appreciate the beauty of each day.

Wuv: Your new picture is stunning!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/251.5/240

Height: 5'10"

Cadu - great job keeping yourself on track.

Dakin- enjoy your day with your daughter

AFM - I'm on day 4 and feel great. NSV for me - usually when it is my TOM all I want is extra cheesy food and chocolate. This time I'm not craving any of that.

Have a great day everyone
Old 04-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #10  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Sounds like everyone is starting off their weekend on the right foot! Staying with my folks this weekend in San Antonio and taking my son to the Kiddie Park of my childhood (little tyke amusement park), and then a 6th bday party later. I will need my willpower as we are meeting up with some great friends, but do they like to party! I was able to resist 2 weeks ago when we were here at my dads retirement party...so that helps me show I can do it!

Stay OP my friends!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 198/184.4/145

Height: 5'7

Default Can you buy idale protein packets online??

Good morning! Down another 1/2 a pound this morning..loving this diet. Miss having a glass of wine so much but keep telling my self "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" and realize I am giving my liver a much needed break!
I have two questions. How do you put the ticker at the bottom of your post and pictures and question number two is can you buy ideal protein on line too, instead of going to a center? Just wondering because we might be moving later this summer and I can't find a place where we might be moving. Thanks and you all have a GREAT day!:

Last edited by Danif; 04-14-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:45 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danif View Post
Good morning! Down another 1/2 a pound this morning..loving this diet. Miss having a glass of wine so much but keep telling my self "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" and realize I am giving my liver a much needed break!
I have two questions. How do you put the ticker at the bottom of your post and pictures and question number two is can you buy ideal protein on line too, instead of going to a center? Just wondering because we might be moving later this summer and I can't find a place where we might be moving. Thanks and you all have a GREAT day!:
Good morning and welcome to you! You have to have a certain number of posts, like 20, I think, before the option of inserting the ticker in your signature will show up.

There is a website some people use - www.idealtogo.com I think... It is intended for people who don't live near a clinic. It's worth checking out anyway, to see what their distance requirements are.

Good luck to you!!!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:48 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 249/215/150

Height: 5'6"

Gardening Gardening and did I mention Gardening!!! That does count as exersize right! I just bought 12 bags of mulch at Lowes and now that my coffee is done I think it time to get started. Enjoy you day everyone!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:50 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 274/244/170

Height: 5'9

Good morning and happy weekend to you. Planning on having another great OP weekend. I have learned from this forum that distraction is the key when I feel weak. I can do this!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #15  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
I feel confident about being OP today, but a little concerned about next week - it's spring break and I won't have work to keep me on schedule. I really hope I can stick to this! I expect to be almost at halfway point with my next WI.

Wishing everyone a greaaaaat day!
What helps me is to stick to my regular eating schedule on those wacky days. Just eat when you normally do at work and that should help. If you start wanting to eat between meals, just find and activity to keep your mind off of food.

We have a super busy weekend. The kids have activities all day today. But the weather is beautiful, so we should have a great time.
Closed Thread