Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #31  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole3 View Post
Happy Saturday !!! Have to share ... I was already to cheat ... you know how we convince ourselves "Just a little bit" and added some sugar free french vanilla creamer to my coffee (Yes I did quite a bit of justifying before I decided to to it). But I sat down here ... read some of your posts and realized it really wasn't worth it and dumped it right back out Ended up mixing half of my chocolate mix I was having for breakfast anyway with the black coffee - and it was so much tastier anyway!!
Yeah for overcoming! I used to use that creamer too, and wondered how I'd do without it. Most of the time I have a choc IP drink or capp. IP drink and spread it out in my morning coffee. Keeps me satisfied and feels like a real treat!
Old 04-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Unhappy

Morning all,
A bit disappointed from my WI today. Down 0.6lbs. I know, I know, a loss is a loss but lately all my losses have been low. My coach said to limit myself to 2 TSP of WF products per day and NO egg whites. I told her I thought egg whites were free and so i've been using them in recipes but she said if I have egg whites it will count towards my dinner protein. UGH Normally I have 1/4c of WF products (mostly syrup for my zucchini french toast or rhubarb) and 2 egg whites (I use liquid egg whites) the zucchini french toast. I wouldn't even consider having 2 eggs or egg whites for my dinner protein over an 8 oz turkey or chicken breast. I never use splenda or stevia packets and don't even use the allowed 1oz of milk. I only have my one restricted bar per day, 1.5 tsp EVOO and stay away from all of the restricted veggies for the week. I'd like to think i'm following the sheet to a T.
I've been eating only every 4-6 hours and that seemed to help this week with cravings and hunger. Seemed like the more often I ate the more I wanted. Also, i've been super stressed this week from work. Maybe that contributed to the low loss this week?

Last edited by CassiR; 04-14-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 172.2/153/140

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadiAngie75 View Post
I have a similar scale, and it is placed in my kitchen.. worst place for it? It reminds me what I am doing. I do weigh myself first thing each morning, another addiction, like peeing on ketone sticks! lol I know I shouldn't weigh that much, but it keeps me motivated.
LOL, I bought ketostix at Target yesterday too...I guess there are worse things to be addicted too!
Old 04-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 195/156.2/135

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone
I'm new here and new to IP, this is day 5. So far so good - I am really liking the plan. I've been reading this forum everyday and have gained lots of info and motivation. In my previous weightloss attempts the weekends have always been a huge challenge this will be my first little hurdle but I'm feeling confident. Thanks for all the great posts over the past 5 days I think this site will really help!
Old 04-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 175.5/175.5/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
Morning all,
A bit disappointed from my WI today. Down 0.6lbs. I know, I know, a loss is a loss but lately all my losses have been low. My coach said to limit myself to 2 TSP of WF products per day and NO egg whites. I told her I thought egg whites were free and so i've been using them in recipes but she said if I have egg whites it will count towards my dinner protein. UGH Normally I have 1/4c of WF products (mostly syrup for my zucchini french toast or rhubarb) and 2 egg whites (I use liquid egg whites) the zucchini french toast. I wouldn't even consider having 2 eggs or egg whites for my dinner protein over an 8 oz turkey or chicken breast. I never use splenda or stevia packets and don't even use the allowed 1oz of milk. I only have my one restricted bar per day, 1.5 tsp EVOO and stay away from all of the restricted veggies for the week. I'd like to think i'm following the sheet to a T.
I've been eating only every 4-6 hours and that seemed to help this week with cravings and hunger. Seemed like the more often I ate the more I wanted. Also, i've been super stressed this week from work. Maybe that contributed to the low loss this week?
I was only down .5 lbs this week too. It just put the fire under my butt for this week. No fooling around now. Im happy as long as the scale doesnt go up!! 6 weeks until summer...yikes!
Old 04-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #36  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teden View Post
LOL, I bought ketostix at Target yesterday too...I guess there are worse things to be addicted too!

LOL, yeah good point! It is exciting to see what shade! lol
Old 04-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #37  

Location: Washington DC - or wheverever American Airlines is taking me at the moment!

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Good Morning everyone!

Sewmam, I have a similar "putting things in order" type of day ahead of me - rearranging all of my kitchen and garage cabinets! Getting the Spring Cleaning fever! Love the feeling of accomplishment and it will fill my day and my mind and keep me away from thinking about food (weekends have always been hardest for me).

Question for all you experts out there -- I have a business symposium coming up in May. It is being held at a resort, and breakfast and lunch is catered every day with everything imaginable you'd ever want to eat, and a hosted dinner one of the nights that is just over the top! Yikes! I know I just need to bring my IP products with me for breakfast, lunch and snack, and make good choices for dinner, but I will be with a bunch of people who will, of course, NOT be on IP and I'd like to not stand out so much - having a bar or a drink for breakfast when everyone else at the table has full plates of fruit, eggs, pastries, etc, and lunches with everything from pasta to Mexican fiestas! Do you see any solution, any suggestions, or just do what I need to do to stay OP (suggestions welcome for that as well!) and not worry about others? I have a feeling that's the advice, yet I'd still like to not draw so much attention to the fact that I'm not eating the catered food. I don't do well with having the attention on me - to me it's stressful, not flattering. During these meal breaks is when there is a lot of networking done, so don't want to just skip the meals and go back to my room during that time.

HELP!
As long as there is variety, it's pretty easy to not stand out -- I have to do this frequently. Fill your plate with veggies -- salad, roasted veggies, whatever -- and then just take a piece of the protein. There usually is some chicken or something. You don't have to eat everything on your plate! Break up your protein and veggies for the day so you have some at lunch and dinner and, honestly, if you go a little overboard on lettuce or lean protein for a day or two, it's not really going to be a problem.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 184/161.9/160

Height: 5' 8"

We met the in-laws in Vegas while my hubby and I were on Phase2, and they are big buffet fans. They always pay, too, and we didn't want to eat so little that they would think their $$ was wasted on us. We ate all the lettuce we wanted, and probably more than two cups of veggies, from the salad bar, and then a little baked chicken and some shrimp. We ate enough that they didn't feel we were wasting their money, and we stayed on plan. We did skip the wine, though (and dessert).
Old 04-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #39  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

So this is my very first weigh in where I have actually gained. A whole .2! Am I disappointed? NO! I suppose it could have been more and I'm glad it wasn't but I was 100% OP and still gained. It happens. But I am especially not disappointed because I have been losing lean muscle over the last several weeks and this week I showed a gain of 3.2 in lean muscle and a loss of 3.4 in body fat! The changes I made in just adding light walking to my day and 2-3oz of lean protein to my lunch over the last two weeks made a big difference. Last week I had a loss of 3 pounds. Won't weigh again till the 28th now due to going out of town again but that will involve lots of activity so looking forward to that weigh in when I return. STILL lovin IP! Everyone have a great weekend. Lots of yard work to do.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #40  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring chic View Post
Hi everyone
I'm new here and new to IP, this is day 5. So far so good - I am really liking the plan. I've been reading this forum everyday and have gained lots of info and motivation. In my previous weightloss attempts the weekends have always been a huge challenge this will be my first little hurdle but I'm feeling confident. Thanks for all the great posts over the past 5 days I think this site will really help!
I'm not that far ahead of you... I'm in my third week now. And I totally agree - this forum is awesome. The information, support and encouragement here is priceless. You'll do great!
Old 04-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #41  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody! Woke up at 5 and was excited to get up and have my pot of tea and breakfast. As the earth rotates, the birds start their chirping just a wee bit earlier every day...I love noticing that.

Made some progress on getting my basement cleaned yesterday and will go back down there today. I have a bad habit of buying more tools because I can't find the existing hammer or pliers or screwdriver...so now I get to sort them and find out what I actually have! That will actually be rather satisfying, that feeling of setting things in order....

Hope you all have wonderful weekends that surpass your wildest dreams! There, how's that???
We sold our home two years ago before moving to Texas. We purged SO much stuff. It was one wild garage sale! For us it was either keep it and pay to have it moved, or donate or sell it. We decided to go with the second option. We now feel very free by not having "stuff."

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearymom View Post
I am new to the forum and previously had done an Alternative IP on my own via inspiration from another. However, it was almost two years ago when I started, and I never had information past P1. It was very successful but I was on P1 the whole time then the slow creep began after willpower was waning after 7 months. So, I did a slow then fast creep back up. Started again two days ago and looking forward to getting the informational assistance, mental support and accountability benefits of this forum to help me through to P4.
I'm very impressed with all the inspiration you ladies bring!
Welcome and good luck on the diet; It's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettuce wrap View Post
Good morning
Tough week . My aunt died yesterday and I have been back and forth to hospital (2 hrs away) 3 times this week and one more for the funeral. We were not close but it tough on my mom. Staying OP dispute craziness. Good new is brother found out his twins to be a boys! Add that to his current 3 yr old and now I am an aunt looking for a car that holds 3 car seat..circle of life

Last weigh in was good 6 lbs for a total of 22 for the month

Have a good day
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
Morning all,
You don't have a lot left to loose, so you can expect it to go slow toward the end. Make sure you are drinking all of your water too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebaby View Post
So this is my very first weigh in where I have actually gained. A whole .2! Am I disappointed? NO! I suppose it could have been more and I'm glad it wasn't but I was 100% OP and still gained. It happens. But I am especially not disappointed because I have been losing lean muscle over the last several weeks and this week I showed a gain of 3.2 in lean muscle and a loss of 3.4 in body fat! The changes I made in just adding light walking to my day and 2-3oz of lean protein to my lunch over the last two weeks made a big difference. Last week I had a loss of 3 pounds. Won't weigh again till the 28th now due to going out of town again but that will involve lots of activity so looking forward to that weigh in when I return. STILL lovin IP! Everyone have a great weekend. Lots of yard work to do.
Gaining lean muscle and loosing all of that fat is way better than any number you will see on a scale.

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday and staying OP of course. Tonight we are going to a restaurant that is known for it's fried chicken and pie. If they don't have meat on their menu I'll just take the skin off of the chicken. Either way I'll be fine, even watching my family enjoying pie. Yesterday I went to a birthday party that my son was invited to, and I haven't seen most of the moms since December. Everyone kept telling me how great I looked and what was I doing to loose all of that weight. I told one mom that I still had about 50 pounds to loose, and she said, "No way." First time anyone said to me that I didn't need to loose that much weight. Made me smile inside.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 202/167/135

Height: 5'1:

The sun is shining here, finally. Hope everyone has a great OP weekend.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 202/167/135

Height: 5'1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Sounds like everyone is starting off their weekend on the right foot! Staying with my folks this weekend in San Antonio and taking my son to the Kiddie Park of my childhood (little tyke amusement park), and then a 6th bday party later. I will need my willpower as we are meeting up with some great friends, but do they like to party! I was able to resist 2 weeks ago when we were here at my dads retirement party...so that helps me show I can do it!

Stay OP my friends!
You can do it, because you already have been. Not to mention feeling and looking better are greater motivators. Enjoy your time in San Antonio.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettuce wrap View Post
Good morning
Tough week . My aunt died yesterday and I have been back and forth to hospital (2 hrs away) 3 times this week and one more for the funeral. We were not close but it tough on my mom. Staying OP dispute craziness. Good new is brother found out his twins to be a boys! Add that to his current 3 yr old and now I am an aunt looking for a car that holds 3 car seat..circle of life

Last weigh in was good 6 lbs for a total of 22 for the month

Have a good day
Lettuce,
I am so sorry for your loss, it is difficult, and yet the circle of life, congrats on the twins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyIP View Post
I'm looking for a new scale. Which one do you have?

It's supposed to be a rainy weekend in Dallas, so I'm getting ready to head outside with my boys for a bike ride. Well, I pull them in the bike trailer. I've struggled w/staying 100% OP lately. So many excuses, but I need to prepare better for myself. It's difficult prepping food for my sons and husband that I can't eat. I try to make food for their dinner I can have too, but it doesn't always work out that way. Just excuses...need to dig down deep within and find that willpower to stay OP because I am worth it.

Have a great weekend y'all!
I just bought the Omron HBF-514C and love it. $69 from Amazon.

The Full Body Sensor Body Fat and Composition Monitor and Scale is a breakthrough device to measure your body composition at home. It measures 7 fitness indicators including body fat %, BMI, resting metabolism, weight and more! The innovative Full Body Sensor is the only at-home body composition monitor that accurately measures your entire body. It uses 6 advanced sensors; 2 for your hands and 4 for your feet. Clinically proven to be as accurate as expensive medical devices professionals use. It stores personalized information for up to four people plus guest mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole3 View Post
Happy Saturday !!! Have to share ... I was already to cheat ... you know how we convince ourselves "Just a little bit" and added some sugar free french vanilla creamer to my coffee (Yes I did quite a bit of justifying before I decided to to it). But I sat down here ... read some of your posts and realized it really wasn't worth it and dumped it right back out Ended up mixing half of my chocolate mix I was having for breakfast anyway with the black coffee - and it was so much tastier anyway!!
Cole3,
I like to doctor up my coffee also, so I use Sweet Leaf flavored liquid stevias. Have chocolate, english toffee, vanilla creme, valencia orange, hazelnut. I buy it from www.iherb.com. Less expensive than local health food stores (for me anyway).

Last edited by Chloe222; 04-14-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #45  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Good afternoon. I hope everyone has an awesome weekend. Just went out with the kids to do some chores and picked up a little Beta fish and fish tank, one for my girls room one for my son.

A load of firewood was delivered this morning. I cleared out some stuff from the garage so I could stack the wood but there is a lot more to move. Well with my recent weight loss is should be easier than it would have been last month. I am going to try to get it done by Sunday night!
Closed Thread