Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Lettuce - I'm so sorry about your aunt. My folks are both gone now, but I remember how they were quite pragmatic about there being so few siblings, friends and people their age still alive. They would joke that they check the obituaries just to see if they were in there.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

Default 15 Minute Madness Day

Hi all,

I am still in early Phase 1 and find by the end of the day if I have done too much I am not only exhausted but also nauseous. So today being a day off, I am using my egg timer and cleaning/organizing for 15 minutes and then reading for 15 minutes. That will ensure I am getting stuff done but also resting as well.

Plus...because it is gorgeous outside...I am going to have to go for a couple of 15 minute walks! Gotta have that vitamin D.

Have a bliss filled day!
Old 04-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow Wheeler View Post
Hi all,

I am still in early Phase 1 and find by the end of the day if I have done too much I am not only exhausted but also nauseous. So today being a day off, I am using my egg timer and cleaning/organizing for 15 minutes and then reading for 15 minutes. That will ensure I am getting stuff done but also resting as well.

Plus...because it is gorgeous outside...I am going to have to go for a couple of 15 minute walks! Gotta have that vitamin D.

Have a bliss filled day!
Good for you! I have to stop and have a protein-based snack late morning and late afternoon (I'm in Phase 4), or I get so shakey that I get irrational and really blow it. Also take rests, hence I'm on here alot. I am determined to find a way to do this long term...
Old 04-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #49  
Restart date: 01.07.2013

Height: 5'4"

Yay! A small victory for me today...husband took our children out to lunch. I stayed home because I was feeling weak w/my willpower. I had my IP lunch meal versus torturing myself w/sitting in a restaurant that does not have any good options for me and possibly having "just one bite." Yay, me!

Thanks for the scale suggestions...off to online shop.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #50  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Just want to say that 3fc is a great place. I do not have much support at home for this diet but the support I am getting here along with what I am learning from all of you is Awesome.

Thank You.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 160/ticker/128

Height: 5'3

Just had a WI and lost 3.6 lbs over the past 2 weeks! Super happy that I am close to my goal and I am anxious to start moving into P2 in the next 2 weeks .

Lettuce wrap: so sorry to hear about your loss, you will be in my thoughts today

Wuv: you look stunning!!!

CassiR and doublebaby: perseverance is key! Your body is reorganizing on a cellular level, stick with the program and you will see results

Hope everyone has an OP weekend - I watched this last night and it was very inspiring. The talk addresses Atkins and actually supports many concepts embraced in the IP diet and IP maintenance which are in Dr. Tran's book, enjoy:

http://www.ted.com/talks/dean_ornish_on_healing.html

-Victoria
Old 04-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Just want to say that 3fc is a great place. I do not have much support at home for this diet but the support I am getting here along with what I am learning from all of you is Awesome.

Thank You.
I sure do agree with that one! I've been on several message boards over the years, and eventually somebody gets really rude or mean and I'm turned off, especially the fibromyalgia boards. Everybody on here is really, really genuinely supportive. It's meant the world to me.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Hi all!

Sorry Lettuce for your loss

WUV you look so great, I will say it again..........crazy the physical change in you.

Not feeling well today, it has happened twice this week, where mid morning I just get feeling nauseated and have to lay down. The other day it past, today it has not.......feels like a big knot in my stomach.....hard to eat and drink. I took a gravol to see if that would help the sicky feeling, but now I have a knotty stomach and drowsy:S.............and I have to work til 8pm!

Hope everyone has a great weekend, have to go back and read yesterdays post, I didn't get to read everything last night.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #54  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:

Thank You.
Sorry to hear you're not getting a lot of support at home, but as you know, you will always find it here. You're doing a great job and I think setting a good healthy example for your kids too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Not feeling well today, it has happened twice this week, where mid morning I just get feeling nauseated and have to lay down. The other day it past, today it has not.......feels like a big knot in my stomach.....hard to eat and drink. I took a gravol to see if that would help the sicky feeling, but now I have a knotty stomach and drowsy:S.............and I have to work til 8pm!

Hope everyone has a great weekend, have to go back and read yesterdays post, I didn't get to read everything last night.
I hope you're feeling better soon. Do you think it's something in the diet or something else?
Old 04-14-2012, 05:32 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Good Morning everyone!

Sewmam, I have a similar "putting things in order" type of day ahead of me - rearranging all of my kitchen and garage cabinets! Getting the Spring Cleaning fever! Love the feeling of accomplishment and it will fill my day and my mind and keep me away from thinking about food (weekends have always been hardest for me).

Question for all you experts out there -- I have a business symposium coming up in May. It is being held at a resort, and breakfast and lunch is catered every day with everything imaginable you'd ever want to eat, and a hosted dinner one of the nights that is just over the top! Yikes! I know I just need to bring my IP products with me for breakfast, lunch and snack, and make good choices for dinner, but I will be with a bunch of people who will, of course, NOT be on IP and I'd like to not stand out so much - having a bar or a drink for breakfast when everyone else at the table has full plates of fruit, eggs, pastries, etc, and lunches with everything from pasta to Mexican fiestas! Do you see any solution, any suggestions, or just do what I need to do to stay OP (suggestions welcome for that as well!) and not worry about others? I have a feeling that's the advice, yet I'd still like to not draw so much attention to the fact that I'm not eating the catered food. I don't do well with having the attention on me - to me it's stressful, not flattering. During these meal breaks is when there is a lot of networking done, so don't want to just skip the meals and go back to my room during that time.

HELP!
First, do not panic. You are exactly right about what to do. Take your IP food with you. I went to a training at a resort just 4 weeks into the program. Then again just a couple months ago. I agree, you can't hide in your rm during networking times, but perhaps zip to your room quickly at first, eat your IP food, then, once the edge is off, join the others. By then they will be mostly done eating and you can grab some veg and join them. Also, you are probably far more worried about what others will think than that they Are actually thinking of you. Remember how we always used to think that everyone was focused on our flaws?? They are probably all just as self absorbed. Lol and typed with love.

Another option may be to move to phase two for the few days so that you can have "real" food twice daily. Whatever you need, a resort kitchen should be able to accommodate. Just discreetly ask waitstaff for what you need, like some grilled chicken instead of fried, and they will likely bring out a portion for you.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyIP View Post
Yay! A small victory for me today...husband took our children out to lunch. I stayed home because I was feeling weak w/my willpower. I had my IP lunch meal versus torturing myself w/sitting in a restaurant that does not have any good options for me and possibly having "just one bite." Yay, me!

Thanks for the scale suggestions...off to online shop.
Yay Mommy! I'm the same way. It is torture for me to be around stuff. Not just at the moment but it leaves an imprint in my brain or something. It is much easier when my kids are not around. neither of them live at home but manage to come by and complain about the lack of food. DS's girlfriend was over the Friday before Easter. She whispered to DS. He said, "Not in this house!" It turns out she wanted dessert. She is young and skinny. Well, my younger DS made some of my favorite. That was the beginning of a bad Easter weekend for me. Digging out now. Do whatever you need to do!
Old 04-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 202/167/135

Height: 5'1:

Quote:

Thank You.
Sorry you dont get a lot of support at home. This is a great place to get that extra support. We're all in the boat here so we know how you feel.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
Morning all,
A bit disappointed from my WI today. Down 0.6lbs. I know, I know, a loss is a loss but lately all my losses have been low. My coach said to limit myself to 2 TSP of WF products per day and NO egg whites. I told her I thought egg whites were free and so i've been using them in recipes but she said if I have egg whites it will count towards my dinner protein. UGH Normally I have 1/4c of WF products (mostly syrup for my zucchini french toast or rhubarb) and 2 egg whites (I use liquid egg whites) the zucchini french toast. I wouldn't even consider having 2 eggs or egg whites for my dinner protein over an 8 oz turkey or chicken breast. I never use splenda or stevia packets and don't even use the allowed 1oz of milk. I only have my one restricted bar per day, 1.5 tsp EVOO and stay away from all of the restricted veggies for the week. I'd like to think i'm following the sheet to a T.
I've been eating only every 4-6 hours and that seemed to help this week with cravings and hunger. Seemed like the more often I ate the more I wanted. Also, i've been super stressed this week from work. Maybe that contributed to the low loss this week?
I know it's disappointing when you don't lose as much as you would like or even gain. Someone from this IP list wrote up all the stats about water retention and that kind of stuff. I don't have time to look for it now but it was very informative. Just hang in there. You'll probably have a bigger weight loss next week.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #59  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi fellow IPers.,

Sorry for your loss, Lettuce Wrap, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Kellycg102, sure hope you're feeling better soon. That is so not fun to not feel good and especially when you're on a weight loss program.

WUV, Cadu, Mamazu of the rest of the group that has recently posted new pics, you all look great. I've been reading the forum on my phone most of the week (why I can't begin to keep track of who has new pictures and any other things that deserve mentioning.)

My week was comprised of having to make our emergency 954 mile trip to Michigan to attend a community meeting explaining everything to do with recent new leases for gas drilling in the township sections adjacent to ours where we have our lake cottage (and future retirement home), switching to using alternatives, and having a change in my hormone prescription (taking bio identical ones) that caused me to have a TOM for the first time in 17 years (I'll be 63 in 6 weeks). OMG!

So, between not really drinking enough water (afraid I won't find a restroom on the road), the stress of the meeting, the drive up and back, and this wonder of nature with my body, I'm afraid to weigh (lots and lots of water retention). I was able to stay OP as for my eating. But, this has been the hardest week ever.

Now, I'm at home working for my job the whole weekend to try to make up some of this unplanned time I was gone from work this week. I just had to have a break to communicate with you all and tell you how you are so much support when these stressful things happen.

Thanks for always being there.
Molly
Old 04-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Hi all!

Sorry Lettuce for your loss

WUV you look so great, I will say it again..........crazy the physical change in you.

Nausea is often caused by low sodium...make sure you use the salt!
Closed Thread