Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 07:51 PM   #91  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Ok, back from the docs. My triglycerides went from 750 to 196.. whooo hoooo. my cholestrol went from 387 to 183, my good cholestrol went up, and I am no longer prediabetic and apparently IP has not effected my thyroid medicine at all as that has stayed stable.

He said my blood work looked great, better then it has a very long time.

The sugar could still come down a little bit but he was very pleased.. as was I.
Wow - great results.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 174.4lbs

Height: 5"1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt13 View Post
i started trying to lose weight on the 16th of march, i started with 2 protein shakes and one healthy meal a day so as to lose 10lbs before the end of march, my start weight was 185 and on the 31st of march i weighed 175.6 after that i just maintained and started the ideal protein diet on april 9th, weighed in at 177.8 and hope to keep it up and get to my goal weight of 135lbs

Week #1
SW-4/9:177.8

WI#1-4/16:169.8
It looks like we are the same I am also 5"1" and weight 174.4lbs. I am about to start and want to get down to 130 lbs. I am worried that I will find it hard to stick to as I love my fruit and root vegetables. Any advice? Maybe we could do this together?
Old 04-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynzenbocker View Post
today isn't my weigh in day but i weighed my self at home and i only have .5 of a lb to loose till i reach 55lbs lost and i go from being "overweight" to being "normal" on the BMI scale!!!! WOOT WOOT!!

I hope everyone is having a GREAT day!
Best feeling ever! Congratulations!
Old 04-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
Hi im new to the site and still trying to figure it out..just wondering if this is like facebook where you can just post feeling and concerns or is it a question and answer site..sounds silly i know but new to the whole computer scene??
Welcome! This is a wonderful forum, full of supportive people! You just post whatever questions, concerns, progress, frustrations...anything goes here. There is no way to track who responded to your post, like you can on Facebook, unfortunately. If you look at the main menu of threads, you'll see a white arrow on the left hand column, indicating this is a thread you wrote something in, so then you just have to flick through the pages manually. It gets pretty active around here!

Once you get over 20 posts, you are allowed to create a ticker for your weight loss progress. You will do that via the 'user CP' button on top/left, where you enter your profile info. In the meantime, keep it up and congratulations on doing IP!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Hello everybody! Well, I went for my weigh-in, 2 weeks from the last one, on Phase 4, and I lost another pound! I can not freakin' believe we can eat all this great food and not gain weight! Now I will go 3 weeks before the next check-in. Feels like I'm a grown-up now.
Sewmam, love hearing that! I have about another 15 lbs. on Phase 1 and must admit, I am more than a little nervous leaving this "safety net".
Old 04-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #96  

Happy Monday everybody! Had my 3rd weigh in today and I lost 4 lbs. for a total of 15.6 in 3 weeks! This program is the best - I've never been able to lose weight like this in the past - nor feel as good as I do now! I love reading all of your successes - this board is a huge motivator!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #97  
WillSmashFat

S/C/G: 204/162/150

Height: 5'2.5"

Wuv - I hope your jealous friend will join you. You seem to have a very "infectious" personality - likely moreso in person.

USMCVET - Tighten that belt, Soldier! You don't want that gun belt to fall down!

I had WI#9 a day early this week as my coach is away tomorrow. Down 1.4 lbs which is how much I lost in the past 2 weeks together. I cut down on my restricted items, only having 2 last week. This week I will try that again. I am more accepting of my small losses, trying to remember the big picture instead of the weekly result.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 150/149/130

Height: 5'3

I went through the exact same thing but on the first night of the diet. I also suffered really bad headaches the 1st few days. I just finished day 7 and yes it does get easier!!!! I don't feel sick anymore, headaches are gone and no night sweats...... I am still experiencing bloating though????

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvingprincess View Post
It is my 2nd day on IP, I didn't sleep very well last night kept waking up one minute sweating the next cold. Then around 10:00 this morning I felt very nausated for about 1 1/2 hours, just drank more water it eventually went away. Has anyone experienced this in the beginning while on IP? Other than that I have stuck to the diet / no cheating. I find eating the veggies hard as I was not a big veggie person to begin with. I will take it 1 day at a time as I want to keep on this diet to take off 50 - 60 pounds.
Great feedback on this board helps keep us on the straight and narrow.
Good luck with all your WI this week.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:47 PM   #99  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
The title is "Women, Weight, and Hormones," by Elizabeth Lee Vliet, MD. The plastic surgeon I consulted told me about it when we talked about my age and the struggle to lose weight. I found it on Amazon. So far, I like it. She does a nice job of explaining all the hormones in our body and what they do. As I read more and digest it, I will post it.

I just read that melatonin promotes fat storage by increasing craving for carbs. Great! I've been taking it every now and then to fall asleep, thinking it was a 'natural' alternative to sominex.

Never heard of cenegenics but I'll go google it. Thanks!
Thanks for the reading recommendation. When I read your post, I went to another window and to Amazon and ordered a copy. I am a few years older than you and started only couple pounds less than your starting weight, still a long ways to go. I am struggling and know it's my age and hormones and I will take all the help I can get. Appreciate these recommendations towards improving our lives. We all have to accept that is about more than just what we eat, but about our thinking too.
Molly
Old 04-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 226/226/175

Height: 6'0

Has anyone asked thier coach about propel zero? If so what did they say?? Thanks!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
kelly, DH is on IP as well and he does 5 packs a day while I do 4, and I have more to lose than him. Having said that, it's based on percentage of lean tissue, etc., so he likely wouldn't have to start at 5 from the get go. Then again, if he's built and needs to maintain that muscle mass he may NEED 5 packs.

It's so individualized it's hard to really know. Sorry that's not too much help!

Also noticed that you were loving the turnip. Good stuff, eh? My one caution would be that it is one of the more carb-y veggies that we're allowed so I'd say be cautious with how much you have OR would suggest not having it too close to weigh in day. I learned this lesson from another friend who's doing IP and every time she'd have turnips she'd notice a huge drop on the ketostix she was doing and so she's stopped altogether.

Thanks for the info especially about the turnip.... I got lazy and didn't check if it was a more restricted item. Appreciate your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrysk View Post
There is an Athlete version of the protocol. I started on 3 and went to 4packs a day. If he works out he is going to need the 4th one for the protien.
Thank you I will look into it

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I'm looking at the 'Phase 1 Diet Plan' outline that I was given when I signed up at my clinic three weeks ago. I'm on 4 IP protein food items/day (Breakfast/Lunch/3pm snack/and Before Bed) and I'm allowed a salted snack as well 3 hours after dinner (only if needed - I've rarely eaten that, once I got past the initial week). If I get hungry between breakfast and lunch, I'm supposed to eat 1/2 of my 3pm snack, and finish the other 1/2 at 3pm. On my sheet it says that men would be allowed to have a full bar mid-morning and again at 3pm. So that would be 1 extra IP protein item allowed me... if I were a male. According to this sheet I'm to follow this plan until 90% of my weight-loss goal is achieved. I'm not sure why I'm on 4 IP items/day whereas it seems many of the posters here are on 3... after doing the weight & body composition tests, etc., she did say I have good muscle mass - maybe the 4 IP packets are required to make sure I maintain it?
Nice that you have good muscle mass..... Some days I work out just so I can get that fourth pack. Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider04 View Post
I finally had to break down and buy some metamucle this morning, not going to the bathroom for 3 days at a time is not good for my IBS! I hope this works. I can't believe I'm constapated after all those greens I'm eating...
Hope things get "moving" for you soon. That can be uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvingprincess View Post
It is my 2nd day on IP, I didn't sleep very well last night kept waking up one minute sweating the next cold. Then around 10:00 this morning I felt very nausated for about 1 1/2 hours, just drank more water it eventually went away. Has anyone experienced this in the beginning while on IP? Other than that I have stuck to the diet / no cheating. I find eating the veggies hard as I was not a big veggie person to begin with. I will take it 1 day at a time as I want to keep on this diet to take off 50 - 60 pounds.
Great feedback on this board helps keep us on the straight and narrow.
Good luck with all your WI this week.

I actually am in my fifth week.....I think..lol and I had waves of nausea twice last week, actually had to completely topped what I was doing and lie down for 15 min. I did the "salt like" and I didn't get it anymore that day. Definately weird and a crappy feeling. Hope it doesn't happen often!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:57 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone!
I continued to be inspired by you all!!Phew, I made it through Day 4. It was much easier than Day 3. Today was my first IP day at work.....that was not easy. I was ravenous by lunch, didn't have enough time to finish, and then I did not get home until 8 hours after my lunch. The good thing is, I am no longer hungry. The bad news is, I did not get it all in today. I did not cheat.....YAY! So I am going to be better prepared for tomorrow.
Question, today, as I was eating my lunch.....I started to get REALLY hungry and anxious. Idrank a ton of water...and "it" went away. I did have a "snack" after school, on the way to my son's game.
Thank you for all of your ideas and suggestions. I am already getting negative comments about my food choices.
In the 90's today...really want to get rid of this flab and be "fab"!!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #103  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Ok, back from the docs. My triglycerides went from 750 to 196.. whooo hoooo. my cholestrol went from 387 to 183, my good cholestrol went up, and I am no longer prediabetic and apparently IP has not effected my thyroid medicine at all as that has stayed stable.

He said my blood work looked great, better then it has a very long time.

The sugar could still come down a little bit but he was very pleased.. as was I.
That is fantastic news Cadu....makes it all worth while!

Quote:
Hello everybody! Well, I went for my weigh-in, 2 weeks from the last one, on Phase 4, and I lost another pound! I can not freakin' believe we can eat all this great food and not gain weight! Now I will go 3 weeks before the next check-in. Feels like I'm a grown-up now.
Phase seems so far away, but determined to get there. Nice to hear your successes

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie70 View Post
Have some ketosis questions. I have never used the ketone strips, so decided to buy some. Do you have to test first thing in the morning or can it be done any time of the day? When I have tested, during the day, I only get a trace, does it get stronger as you go on? Or because I'm only getting a trace am I not really in ketosis yet? I was thinking that one sign of ketosis is being cold alot of the time, I am that for sure. Any infor would be great, thanks.
I use the sticks here and there. Morning is best, but some mornings I still only see trace amounts because I usually pee twice a night sometimes. As long as you are 100% IP you should be in ketosis. Not sure about the cold thing, but energy level and no cravings is how I tell I am in ketosis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt13 View Post
Good day to everyone! Today ended my first week on IP and I'm so proud of myself bc I didn't cheat! I'm excited to say that I had a total weight loss of 7 pounds and 10 inches around my whole body! Ready to keep this up and start feeling better about myself
Good for you!!!!! Keep going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfob View Post
It looks like we are the same I am also 5"1" and weight 174.4lbs. I am about to start and want to get down to 130 lbs. I am worried that I will find it hard to stick to as I love my fruit and root vegetables. Any advice? Maybe we could do this together?

I am a huge chocolate fan, and fast food and I am perfectly fine on this diet.....the veggies I eat now is crazy. Just try and be prepared and search for recipes on here. It is amazing the stuff you can find and the support is like no other! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsmashfat View Post
Wuv - I hope your jealous friend will join you. You seem to have a very "infectious" personality - likely moreso in person.

USMCVET - Tighten that belt, Soldier! You don't want that gun belt to fall down!

I had WI#9 a day early this week as my coach is away tomorrow. Down 1.4 lbs which is how much I lost in the past 2 weeks together. I cut down on my restricted items, only having 2 last week. This week I will try that again. I am more accepting of my small losses, trying to remember the big picture instead of the weekly result.
I know what you mean about accepting the small losses.....I am dealing with the same thing. It is hard not seeing the 3 and 4 lb losses that you see other people have.....but we can't compare, we are all built differently! Good job on the loss!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #104  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Hi everyone!
I continued to be inspired by you all!!Phew, I made it through Day 4. It was much easier than Day 3. Today was my first IP day at work.....that was not easy. I was ravenous by lunch, didn't have enough time to finish, and then I did not get home until 8 hours after my lunch. The good thing is, I am no longer hungry. The bad news is, I did not get it all in today. I did not cheat.....YAY! So I am going to be better prepared for tomorrow.
Question, today, as I was eating my lunch.....I started to get REALLY hungry and anxious. Idrank a ton of water...and "it" went away. I did have a "snack" after school, on the way to my son's game.
Thank you for all of your ideas and suggestions. I am already getting negative comments about my food choices.
In the 90's today...really want to get rid of this flab and be "fab"!!!!
Congratulations!
It's good to see you're utilizing all the info and advice on this forum. You are already making good choices when faced with challenges. Something about this program that seems to clear your mind and allows you to think through and act rationally instead of falling off the wagon or running for "bad" comfort food. Soon you'll find things like salads and kale chips will become your comfort foods.

Stay with this forum and you'll have the strength to see that flab gone real soon.

Welcome to the family.
Molly
Old 04-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #105  

Feeling a bit hungrier tonight so I came home and had a second coffee and it did the trick. Tried the spinach in the chocolate shake and it was awesome......can't believe you can't taste it at all. Those little things that help to keep on track can make a world of difference.....thank you to everyone who shares their stories, successes and down falls, we can all learn from each other.
Closed Thread