Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 03:45 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 187.4/ticker/145

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvingprincess View Post
It is my 2nd day on IP, I didn't sleep very well last night kept waking up one minute sweating the next cold. Then around 10:00 this morning I felt very nausated for about 1 1/2 hours, just drank more water it eventually went away. Has anyone experienced this in the beginning while on IP? Other than that I have stuck to the diet / no cheating. I find eating the veggies hard as I was not a big veggie person to begin with. I will take it 1 day at a time as I want to keep on this diet to take off 50 - 60 pounds.
Great feedback on this board helps keep us on the straight and narrow.
Good luck with all your WI this week.
I am on my second time around, really fell off the wagon, but I'm back on. I have only been OP for a week but during that time I was waking through the night, I really hate watching the clock in the middle of the night. There were also some times that I really felt sick. One time it was because I got busy and forgot to get in my packets, another, I went to church and didn't take my packets prior to going. Make sure that you are eating when you should. That extra energy will be coming soon. I feel so much better know, I remember this feeling from before and it feels great. Know I can't waite to get up in the morning and weight my self. I know that I shouldn't weight my self each morning but this is something that I need to do. Keep it up, you will start to feel better.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydocmom View Post
Hi! Welcome back. I also am a 2nd timer to IP, so I wanted to encourage you. I am on week 8 now and am so pleased with results. It isnt always easy but keep with it. Take a "before" pic and as times goes on, you will love to see your transformation.

We are all here to cheer you on. Visit this forum everyday to get motivation, tips, encouragement and advice if needed. We are rooting for you. Go forward and be victorious! You are worth it!!!!!

Maria
Meanings you are a 2nd timer, did you make it throught phase 4? I didn't make it out of phase 1. I can't believe how hard it was for me to get going again, tried several times, never made it past 2 days, but not any more. I have a before pic from the clinic when I first started in December 2011. I was almost back to that so plan on using that. I forgot to take measurements so I plan on doing the same with them. This place is a great motivator, luv it!@!
Old 04-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #63  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Ok, back from the docs. My triglycerides went from 750 to 196.. whooo hoooo. my cholestrol went from 387 to 183, my good cholestrol went up, and I am no longer prediabetic and apparently IP has not effected my thyroid medicine at all as that has stayed stable.

He said my blood work looked great, better then it has a very long time.

The sugar could still come down a little bit but he was very pleased.. as was I.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Ok, back from the docs. My triglycerides went from 750 to 196.. whooo hoooo. my cholestrol went from 387 to 183, my good cholestrol went up, and I am no longer prediabetic and apparently IP has not effected my thyroid medicine at all as that has stayed stable.

WAY TO GO!!!

Old 04-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 295/251.5/240

Thumbs up

Quote:

The sugar could still come down a little bit but he was very pleased.. as was I.
That's fantastic news! What a great appointment
Old 04-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #66  

[QUOTE=Cadu;4296094]Ok, back from the docs. My triglycerides went from 750 to 196.. whooo hoooo. my cholestrol went from 387 to 183, my good cholestrol went up, and I am no longer prediabetic and apparently IP has not effected my thyroid medicine at all as that has stayed stable.

The sugar could still come down a little bit but he was very pleased.. as was I.[/QUOTE

Great job, what a difference!!
Old 04-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideal View Post
Hello
Just finished my first week and no cheating!!!!!! Just wondering if its normal to get so blaoted throughout the day. I wake up every morning really excited at how loose my pants feel but by bedtime they are tight again????? Anyone else experience this????
I kind of had that same feeling last night for the first time. I just finished my first week of OP also. (I did it before but fell off the wagon) glad to be back. Before, I had to use Novalax, I'm out and meanings I use all alternative products would like to find a good replacement. Congrats on your first week!!
Old 04-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Sewmam, What is the title of this book?

I have also been reading up on cenegenics. A personal trainer I work with just had his initial review done with them - a full day of testing and talks. So much of what they advise is exactly what we do. Interesting, inspiring, and further reinforces what an important lifestyle phase 4 is to our overall life "healthspan" as they call it. If interested, google ceneggnics.
The title is "Women, Weight, and Hormones," by Elizabeth Lee Vliet, MD. The plastic surgeon I consulted told me about it when we talked about my age and the struggle to lose weight. I found it on Amazon. So far, I like it. She does a nice job of explaining all the hormones in our body and what they do. As I read more and digest it, I will post it.

I just read that melatonin promotes fat storage by increasing craving for carbs. Great! I've been taking it every now and then to fall asleep, thinking it was a 'natural' alternative to sominex.

Never heard of cenegenics but I'll go google it. Thanks!
Old 04-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #69  

Hello everybody! Well, I went for my weigh-in, 2 weeks from the last one, on Phase 4, and I lost another pound! I can not freakin' believe we can eat all this great food and not gain weight! Now I will go 3 weeks before the next check-in. Feels like I'm a grown-up now.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #70  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Quote:

Way to go, Cadu!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #71  

Quote:

WOW!!!!! You must be jumping for joy! Time to drop meds?

Congratulations!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Hello everybody! Well, I went for my weigh-in, 2 weeks from the last one, on Phase 4, and I lost another pound! I can not freakin' believe we can eat all this great food and not gain weight! Now I will go 3 weeks before the next check-in. Feels like I'm a grown-up now.
Congrats! What a great feeling!
Old 04-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #73  

Have some ketosis questions. I have never used the ketone strips, so decided to buy some. Do you have to test first thing in the morning or can it be done any time of the day? When I have tested, during the day, I only get a trace, does it get stronger as you go on? Or because I'm only getting a trace am I not really in ketosis yet? I was thinking that one sign of ketosis is being cold alot of the time, I am that for sure. Any infor would be great, thanks.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #74  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Oh my God that's fantastic. My husband's triglycerides are super-high, and I keep telling him that he needs to go on IP. I'm going to use you as an example of what it could do for him! Keep up the good work!!!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie70 View Post
Have some ketosis questions. I have never used the ketone strips, so decided to buy some. Do you have to test first thing in the morning or can it be done any time of the day? When I have tested, during the day, I only get a trace, does it get stronger as you go on? Or because I'm only getting a trace am I not really in ketosis yet? I was thinking that one sign of ketosis is being cold alot of the time, I am that for sure. Any infor would be great, thanks.
The results on the strip can be "diluted" if you're keeping yourself well hydrated. (I've never used them but have read several posts on here about them...)

Closed Thread