Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #106  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Ok, back from the docs. My triglycerides went from 750 to 196.. whooo hoooo. my cholestrol went from 387 to 183, my good cholestrol went up, and I am no longer prediabetic and apparently IP has not effected my thyroid medicine at all as that has stayed stable.

He said my blood work looked great, better then it has a very long time.

The sugar could still come down a little bit but he was very pleased.. as was I.
That is amazing cadu!! Great job!!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #107  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Feeling a bit hungrier tonight so I came home and had a second coffee and it did the trick. Tried the spinach in the chocolate shake and it was awesome......can't believe you can't taste it at all. Those little things that help to keep on track can make a world of difference.....thank you to everyone who shares their stories, successes and down falls, we can all learn from each other.
I tried the spinach thing in a chocolate pudding with ice and water in the blender a few weeks ago. Made me gag!!! I could taste the spinach. Maybe I used too much? Just not sure I want to try it again. I wanted to like it!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #108  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Quote:
Ok, back from the docs. My triglycerides went from 750 to 196.. whooo hoooo. my cholestrol went from 387 to 183, my good cholestrol went up, and I am no longer prediabetic and apparently IP has not effected my thyroid medicine at all as that has stayed stable.

The sugar could still come down a little bit but he was very pleased.. as was I.
Holy moly!!! That is amazing!!! I am going to have my panel done in a few weeks. I am curious to see what mine are too. I also have hypothyroid and am curious to my numbers with that as well.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:04 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I tried the spinach thing in a chocolate pudding with ice and water in the blender a few weeks ago. Made me gag!!! I could taste the spinach. Maybe I used too much? Just not sure I want to try it again. I wanted to like it!!!
I put about a cup in and seriously didn't sate it at all. Try a little less if you think you can give it a whirl. I was so surprised!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 172.2/153/140

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
I have not tried it in the pudding, but I add 2 heaping cups to my choco drink with a bit of ice almost every day. I cant taste anything but chocolate I also tried it in the vanilla, but I could taste it that time- but dont know if its because I was using a blend of spinach, bok choy and some other green that was bitter. I am going to try it again with straight spinach.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
Morning all!! I have so much energy this morning! I woke up early this morning at 4:40am to go to the bathroom.. (I've actually gotten used to getting up and having to peedle in the night now.. does not bother me as much anymore) and decided that I was going to stay up and get ready for work! I weighed myself and my scale showed 124.6. My scale has always shown a pound or two higher than my clinic's so in the past two days I could have lost over a pound! That excites me

It's a high of 90 here in DC too!! First time I haven't had to wear a jacket to work!! Woo hoo!!! Good luck at your appt, Cadu!
Hey - I'm in MD too! Do you go to bodytech by any chance?
Old 04-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

At my clinic everyone end up on 3 packets a day. They do recommend the 4th for heavy exercises, but mainly if you start seeing muscle loss.
I am at 16% body fat and the physique rating on the scale says very muscular. I am maintain this on 3 packets and 8 oz protein...
I don't think a 4 th packet is a bad idea-it's only 90 or 100 calories, but I never seem to find a time for it!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #113  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 290/280/160

Height: 5'6"

I am on day 12 and had my 2nd WI today, I lost 9.6 lbs so far, and just a week ago, I wanted to give up! I haven't had any cravings or anything, I was just feeling so nauseated and dizzy that I just didn't think I could tolerate it! Turns out that on day 3 I began experiencing vertigo and it was like being on a roller coaster most of the day and night! It was just a coincidence that it happened at the same time I started IP, but it wasn't related! So, anyway, I had come to this board to find some help to get thru the dizziness and I read Wuv's story and it inspired me to stick to it, so THANKS! Now, Im not dizzy and I'm feeling GREAT!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:27 AM   #114  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
I'm down 2.6 this week and have made it into the 180s. Yeah!!!!
Yahoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I'm looking at the 'Phase 1 Diet Plan' outline that I was given when I signed up at my clinic three weeks ago. I'm on 4 IP protein food items/day (Breakfast/Lunch/3pm snack/and Before Bed) and I'm allowed a salted snack as well 3 hours after dinner (only if needed - I've rarely eaten that, once I got past the initial week). If I get hungry between breakfast and lunch, I'm supposed to eat 1/2 of my 3pm snack, and finish the other 1/2 at 3pm. On my sheet it says that men would be allowed to have a full bar mid-morning and again at 3pm. So that would be 1 extra IP protein item allowed me... if I were a male. According to this sheet I'm to follow this plan until 90% of my weight-loss goal is achieved. I'm not sure why I'm on 4 IP items/day whereas it seems many of the posters here are on 3... after doing the weight & body composition tests, etc., she did say I have good muscle mass - maybe the 4 IP packets are required to make sure I maintain it?
It's 3 IP packs per day, plus your dinner meal. The only time I ever have an extra is on the days I work out. Have to wonder why your coach is having you eat 4 packs per day?

Quote:

That's fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Hello everybody! Well, I went for my weigh-in, 2 weeks from the last one, on Phase 4, and I lost another pound! I can not freakin' believe we can eat all this great food and not gain weight! Now I will go 3 weeks before the next check-in. Feels like I'm a grown-up now.
Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie70 View Post
Have some ketosis questions. I have never used the ketone strips, so decided to buy some. Do you have to test first thing in the morning or can it be done any time of the day? When I have tested, during the day, I only get a trace, does it get stronger as you go on? Or because I'm only getting a trace am I not really in ketosis yet? I was thinking that one sign of ketosis is being cold alot of the time, I am that for sure. Any infor would be great, thanks.
If you want to use them to it first thing in the morning before you eat or drink. The longer you are on IP the lighter the stick, and eventually you won't be spilling as many ketones so the stick will read a trace. Anything darker means you need to drink more. Mine have never shown more than a trace, but either way I'm in ketosis. It's kind of like being pregnant. Either you are or your not, there are no varying degrees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
At my clinic everyone end up on 3 packets a day. They do recommend the 4th for heavy exercises, but mainly if you start seeing muscle loss.
I am at 16% body fat and the physique rating on the scale says very muscular. I am maintain this on 3 packets and 8 oz protein...
I don't think a 4 th packet is a bad idea-it's only 90 or 100 calories, but I never seem to find a time for it!
I generally take a RTD with me in the car, otherwise I would totally forget.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:10 AM   #115  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post
I have followed your progress since approx July 2011. I do alot of silent IPeeping. I'm a 2nd timer and have to say you have always kept me saying to myself do not give up I can do this. There will always be excuses, wuv2bloved has excuses also, but she just chooses to not let them stop her. It's time for me to CHOOSE not to let excuses get in my way. Thank you for the part you have played in my life.

I am thankful for everyones comment, helpful hints, recipes, etc. Each of you play a roll in my success, even all of you newbies remind me of where I come from, how confusing things were at first and how much I need everyone help and kindness. You are all a wonderful team to be a part of!
I am very happy to hear that you are NOT using excuses and sticking to the program. This is really a wonderful plan and it will work wonders for you as well and you will have SUCCESS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeymom View Post
Hello All,
Well here I am again. Restarting again. I need to stick to my routine (which includes coming to the blog and checking in) because that is what i really need to stay on plan. I was very successful the first time around (50 lbs) so i know i can do it, i just have to remind myself every day that i am worth it. I don't need the candy, i need to be healthy.

Thank you for all the support you provide on this blog. Good Luck Everyone.
If you wanna have candy get the sugarfree kind, don't eat the whole bag but at least you will have some type of "candy". My coach allows a few pieces if I fee the "need" to have a candy. I have a jar on my desk for over a month now that I haven't been into yet. Just don't want it, don't need it, I drink my water instead....funny how things change when you get amazing results!...welcome back

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvingprincess View Post
It is my 2nd day on IP, I didn't sleep very well last night kept waking up one minute sweating the next cold. Then around 10:00 this morning I felt very nausated for about 1 1/2 hours, just drank more water it eventually went away. Has anyone experienced this in the beginning while on IP? Other than that I have stuck to the diet / no cheating. I find eating the veggies hard as I was not a big veggie person to begin with. I will take it 1 day at a time as I want to keep on this diet to take off 50 - 60 pounds.
Great feedback on this board helps keep us on the straight and narrow.
Good luck with all your WI this week.
When I get the nausated feeling its usually because my BP or electrolytes are low. I just put some sea salt in the palm of my hand and lick it off then drink some water, within 15 mins I am feeling better....just a suggestion

Quote:

AMAZING!!!!....congrats on another success, not only losing the weight you have but to have great numbers on your labs and everything dropping. I know you are happy about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Thanks for the reading recommendation. When I read your post, I went to another window and to Amazon and ordered a copy. I am a few years older than you and started only couple pounds less than your starting weight, still a long ways to go. I am struggling and know it's my age and hormones and I will take all the help I can get. Appreciate these recommendations towards improving our lives. We all have to accept that is about more than just what we eat, but about our thinking too.
Molly
Molly, look at you and your new picture....YOU GO GIRL...you can see the difference!....great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristie924 View Post
I am on day 12 and had my 2nd WI today, I lost 9.6 lbs so far, and just a week ago, I wanted to give up! I haven't had any cravings or anything, I was just feeling so nauseated and dizzy that I just didn't think I could tolerate it! Turns out that on day 3 I began experiencing vertigo and it was like being on a roller coaster most of the day and night! It was just a coincidence that it happened at the same time I started IP, but it wasn't related! So, anyway, I had come to this board to find some help to get thru the dizziness and I read Wuv's story and it inspired me to stick to it, so THANKS! Now, Im not dizzy and I'm feeling GREAT!
You are welcome!!!.....your BP or electrolytes might have been low as well causing the dizziness, so when this happens put some sea salt in your palm and lick it off then drink some water, it should pass withing 15 mins. DON"T GIVE UP.....believe IN YOURSELF.....YOU CAN DO THIS....YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 01:28 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Or maybe you didn't blend it up enough? When I do it in the blender I can see tiny green spects but I can't taste the spinach at all. It makes the shake nice and thick.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:38 AM   #117  
My Insperation

S/C/G: 185/170.8/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
that is so good.. its my first week to and i didnt cheat..didnt it feel good??
Totally! Congrats on your first week
Old 04-17-2012, 02:59 AM   #118  
My Insperation

S/C/G: 185/170.8/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfob View Post
It looks like we are the same I am also 5"1" and weight 174.4lbs. I am about to start and want to get down to 130 lbs. I am worried that I will find it hard to stick to as I love my fruit and root vegetables. Any advice? Maybe we could do this together?
The first week is very difficult, no lies! But very possible ! I learned to spread my daily vegetables and have some between breakfast and lunch and again between lunch and dinner , when you get the craving to eat something you shouldn't drink a big glass of water, also look at recipes that have been posted in the newbies info the have tips on how to make vegetables taste like fruit, good luck and we'll keep in touch to keep each other going
Old 04-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #119  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
It's 3 IP packs per day, plus your dinner meal. The only time I ever have an extra is on the days I work out. Have to wonder why your coach is having you eat 4 packs per day?
Thanks for your comments Dana. This has got me really wondering too. I can see that many posters here were heavier than I at the beginning, and yet the coaches started them on 3 packs + the dinner meal. And the coaches are supposedly focused on helping everyone keep their muscle mass. If my weight loss stalls, I think I'll switch to just 3 packs like the rest of you. And just allow myself the fourth on the days I start exercising. Which I actually did start yesterday, with my Leslie Sansome 'walk away the pounds' DVD -I did the equivalent of a 1 mile walk while walking along with her video. Then I realized I needed something at the drug store so I walked there and back... about 15 minutes each way... I wasn't really intending to do both, but that's the way it ended up. Maybe I deserved my 4th packet yesterday afterall. LOL.

Last edited by evepet; 04-17-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Thanks for your comments Dana. This has got me really wondering too. I can see that many posters here were heavier than I at the beginning, and yet the coaches started them on 3 packs + the dinner meal. And it doesn't really make sense in my situ that the 4th is to keep muscle mass - because that's the object for everyone here. But it's clearly detailed on a formal handout that I was given along with my Phase 1 Weekly Food Guideline Examples, Phase One Food Guideline, and a sheet of Phase One Not Permitted Foods. Seems to be a fairly standard handout for the clinic I went to. If my weight loss stalls, I think I'll switch to just 3 packs like the rest of you. And add in the fourth when I start exercising. Which I actually did start with my Leslie Sansome 'walk away the pounds' DVD yesterday -I did the equivalent of a 1 mile walk while walking along with her video. Then I realized I needed something at the drug store so I walked there and back... about 15 minutes each way... maybe I deserved my 4th packet yesterday afterall. LOL.
Sometimes a Coach may increase your packets if you get to a stall. She mentioned to me that you are actually allowed up to 5 packets a day...lifestyle pending. I hit a stall for the last few days and I'm not sure if this is TOM related or just a stall. Yesterday my coach increased me from 3 packets to 4 packets to see if that starts my decrease again.
Closed Thread