Old 04-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

I'm really nervous about phasing off. Since i'm within 10lbs from goal, i'm getting really anxious yet scared. I've heard of so many people say oh you'll gain it all back like I did! I'm young and this is my first time going full throttle to lose weight that i've slowly put on since high school. And I know it's just to make me aware but I want to stay positive about the entire situation. I love IP in the way that it phases us back into normal foods. I keep re-reading Dr. Tran's book about transitioning and maintaining. A part of me feels like i'm going to go hog wild when I hit p4 and another part of me feels like i'll continue to have control of what I put in my mouth. I've worked hard to get where I am and I wouldnt do anything to mess that up, would I? Also, that our bodies are forgiving. If we mess up or use a cheat day, we can go right back to phase 1 to undo what we've done. It puts my mind at ease to think of it that way.
However, it may be do-able during non stressful situations but how do I know I'll stick with it when my life gets hectic? It all really is mental and control and not sure how to deal with it yet.
Any kind advice to read or think about as a first time loser getting closer to phasing off?
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #92  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
I'm really nervous about phasing off. Since i'm within 10lbs from goal, i'm getting really anxious yet scared. I've heard of so many people say oh you'll gain it all back like I did! I'm young and this is my first time going full throttle to lose weight that i've slowly put on since high school. And I know it's just to make me aware but I want to stay positive about the entire situation. I love IP in the way that it phases us back into normal foods. I keep re-reading Dr. Tran's book about transitioning and maintaining. A part of me feels like i'm going to go hog wild when I hit p4 and another part of me feels like i'll continue to have control of what I put in my mouth. I've worked hard to get where I am and I wouldnt do anything to mess that up, would I? Also, that our bodies are forgiving. If we mess up or use a cheat day, we can go right back to phase 1 to undo what we've done. It puts my mind at ease to think of it that way.
However, it may be do-able during non stressful situations but how do I know I'll stick with it when my life gets hectic? It all really is mental and control and not sure how to deal with it yet.
Any kind advice to read or think about as a first time loser getting closer to phasing off?
Remember your basics, that is the most important thing. YOU GOT THIS....you will be just fine, you have gained lots of knowledge on your way to have come this far. USE IT!....you can always come here when you need to vent or ask questions you know we will always be here but again YOU GOT THIS....don't be scared, just take it one day at a time
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Remember your basics, that is the most important thing. YOU GOT THIS....you will be just fine, you have gained lots of knowledge on your way to have come this far. USE IT!....you can always come here when you need to vent or ask questions you know we will always be here but again YOU GOT THIS....don't be scared, just take it one day at a time
THANK YOU
You're right. I don't think i've realized how much i've learned through this journey and I'm sure I still have a lot to learn but WOW I have come FAR! I remember making excuses to make anything seem healthy. Now I know what really IS healthy and what is just processed, packaged crap. I need to trust myself but also be humble and realize it's going to be hard but I can overcome this. Thanks for your support!
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #94  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
THANK YOU
You're right. I don't think i've realized how much i've learned through this journey and I'm sure I still have a lot to learn but WOW I have come FAR! I remember making excuses to make anything seem healthy. Now I know what really IS healthy and what is just processed, packaged crap. I need to trust myself but also be humble and realize it's going to be hard but I can overcome this. Thanks for your support!
It will not be as hard as you think, just don't over think it. and NO MORE EXCUSES.....you have dealt with ups and downs.....stay positive and it will work for you....BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!.....and you are WELCOME!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Okay, I finished the first course in EBT. I started to get at some core beliefs. It seems pretty powerful stuff! Unfortunately, I can not afford more EBT courses and my IP food at this point.

I remembered today, that I saw a show some time ago about weight loss. The host of that show used EFT tapping to help with the process. It combines Chinese medicine meridians with psychology. I remembered I really liked it and did a bit of it.

I am going back to learn more about Emotional Freedom TappIng or Technique. There is quite a it of info on it on the web and vids on Youtube. I find it very calming. Seems to be a way to adress core beliefs and cravings, etc.

http://www.tapintoeft.com/
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #96  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Do you tap on the meridian points or points of pain/discomfort?

Tapping is interesting. It almost gets you out of the space you are in, if that makes sense. Distracting enough that you almost forget what was ailing you.

I tried it a couple times and it sorta makes me laugh and then whatever it is becomes less of an issues. It must move energy or something like acupuncture/acupressure.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

There are tradtional points for tapping. I have seen that people get creative with different meridians.

Basic points video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgS8G...e_gdata_player

Last edited by Samba; 05-05-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #98  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Interesting. Different from what I have seen before but the same idea. People love it...the tapping.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote