3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Reached goal...been in maintenance...need a small reboot...anyone else? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/254845-reached-goal-been-maintenance-need-small-reboot-anyone-else.html)

m3foster 05-20-2012 01:46 PM

Headed back from the beach. I definitely wasn't 100% but really didn't do bad at all. Haven't weighed myself all weekend so we'll see! Glad to hear of everyone's successes!!!

deelee10 05-20-2012 01:57 PM

I agree about the exercise not making you lose weight. If you are doing weight bearing exercise that does build muscle which should burn more calories but it sure not as much as we would like. In my thirties (when everything was better,) I only did 20 - 30 minutes of cardio and did the nautilus weight machines. I also watched my carbs and calories. Worked like a charm. I have shoulder problems so I can't do much weight stuff. Wish I could. I've decided to do a gentle half hour on recumbant bike at the healthclub. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

darbs7 05-20-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deelee10 (Post 4340264)
I agree about the exercise not making you lose weight. If you are doing weight bearing exercise that does build muscle which should burn more calories but it sure not as much as we would like. In my thirties (when everything was better,) I only did 20 - 30 minutes of cardio and did the nautilus weight machines. I also watched my carbs and calories. Worked like a charm. I have shoulder problems so I can't do much weight stuff. Wish I could. I've decided to do a gentle half hour on recumbant bike at the healthclub. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Exercise slows my loss....but love walking, golf, kayaking, yoga...it feels so darn great!

Not a good girl today....bbq ribs, lobster mac and cheese and twisted tea...86 degrees hanging in the backyard with my favs...hubby and two beautiful dogs.

deelee10 05-20-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darbs7 (Post 4340326)
Exercise slows my loss....but love walking, golf, kayaking, yoga...it feels so darn great!

Not a good girl today....bbq ribs, lobster mac and cheese and twisted tea...86 degrees hanging in the backyard with my favs...hubby and two beautiful dogs.

Sounds great. I've been thinking about ribs myself.

Momto2cs 05-21-2012 03:58 AM

I have been in England for 1 day and had Sunday roast -with all the trimmings!
Yikes. I haven't had a potato for a whole year!
I am going to try to have a phase 2 day today, but who knows what dinner will bring!

disgal 05-21-2012 06:12 AM

Busted my butt planting tons of flowers.....opened the pool....stayed away from everything I WANTED to eat!! Had an iced tea with a shot of vodka, had an extra Restricted last evening.....UP 1.5 THIS MORNING!!:devil:

Gosh this is hard!! I still have the same 15 pounds to lose (want to get to 160 then level off at 165) that I did two weeks ago! My neighbor told me yesterday that I MUST be close to goal because I look really great! NOPE! :( Grrrrrr!!

BUT I WILL NOT STOP!! I do NOT want to see the 170's!!!

.....ok....rant over.....thanks for listening!! :hug:

darbs7 05-21-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4340830)
I have been in England for 1 day and had Sunday roast -with all the trimmings!
Yikes. I haven't had a potato for a whole year!
I am going to try to have a phase 2 day today, but who knows what dinner will bring!

Enjoy....

Quote:

Originally Posted by disgal (Post 4340857)
Busted my butt planting tons of flowers.....opened the pool....stayed away from everything I WANTED to eat!! Had an iced tea with a shot of vodka, had an extra Restricted last evening.....UP 1.5 THIS MORNING!!:devil:

Gosh this is hard!! I still have the same 15 pounds to lose (want to get to 160 then level off at 165) that I did two weeks ago! My neighbor told me yesterday that I MUST be close to goal because I look really great! NOPE! :( Grrrrrr!!

I know the feeling....My scale jumps up with alcohol....I had margaritas (low cal...no sour mix) on Saturay and Twisted Tea yesterday....also TOM...guessing that scale is up 5-6 pounds....staying away until Friday.

rubyh 05-21-2012 11:21 AM

I'm up 2 lbs over the weekend - way too many carbs of all kinds this weekend. Back to the strict phase 1 this week!

jennydoodle 05-21-2012 12:10 PM

Count me in as having a bad day yesterday. Oh well. The scale is not nearly as high as I anticipated, so could be I had lost before I threw caution to the wind and broke my cardinal rule: "no wheat". This usually puts me up 3-4# and I was only up 2# from my Sat. morning weight, so maybe I lost in between there.

Anyway, back on P1 today. :)

darbs7 05-21-2012 01:19 PM

I am phase 1ish today....I am kicking the packets....I am trying to join a co-op and looking a whole body health. I figure since most my diet is meat, veggie, dairy....let's go local, humane, and organic.

I am keeping calories similar to phase 1, but real food and some carbs (berries and nuts...mostly fat) and some dark chocolate to replace the bar (just one square).

Doing well so far today. Went for my 5am walk...yoga afterschool....golf after dinner

darbs7 05-22-2012 08:06 AM

How is everyone doing? I was mostly good yesterday.....around 1200 calories, but 200 were a sweet treat.

Playing on doing my best again today.

This is so hard. Losing the weight was so eassy peasssy this is so hard....even the first 8 months in maintenance were so easy....well 5 more days and I will have been in maintanance for a year....about 3-5 pounds more than the 27th of last year.

m3foster 05-22-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disgal (Post 4340857)

Wow...your story is almost identical to mine! I'm hoping to get to 150 to settle in at 155 but not so sure I can get there. I'd settle for 160-165 for now though. I get to 168 and bam...back up! Oh well, as my signature says, just keep swimming, just keep swimming lol. Good luck to you!

m3foster 05-22-2012 08:16 AM

Well I got on the scale yesterday. Not bad at all. Up 3 lbs. for the whole weekend which I know was mostly fluid and TOM. Got on this morning and 2.6 lbs gone already. Even though I definitely wasn't 100% OP for Phase 1, I did do a good job of sticking to sensible meals..with a few treats and drinks thrown in for good measure lol. Just keep swimming everyone!!! Oh and Darbs, congrats on the maintenance success. You've been quite the inspiration through my reboot journey!!! :)

darbs7 05-22-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3foster (Post 4342251)
Well I got on the scale yesterday. Not bad at all. Up 3 lbs. for the whole weekend which I know was mostly fluid and TOM. Got on this morning and 2.6 lbs gone already. Even though I definitely wasn't 100% OP for Phase 1, I did do a good job of sticking to sensible meals..with a few treats and drinks thrown in for good measure lol. Just keep swimming everyone!!! Oh and Darbs, congrats on the maintenance success. You've been quite the inspiration through my reboot journey!!! :)

Thanks....I am right with you both too....I want to get to about 158...so that when I go to maintenance I land around 160...with that said I would take somewhere around 165-168. But I keep getting to 171-173 and then destroying the weekends.

rubyh 05-22-2012 01:12 PM

Hanging in there - down this a.m. 1.2 lbs - from my carb overload this weekend! I hate to admit it, but I can not handle just a little bit of carbs - it leads to a lot! I start out everyday very good, then lunch comes and I'm still pretty good, then evening comes and I fall apart! So this week for dinner I'm having only fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, & lettuce from my garden - with a small piece of protein. No dinners out! Not cooking either!(just myself and my husband at home)